Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Coming out as "asexual"
Jack198 Offline
Banned

Coming out as "asexual"
Slate article about a self-described "asexual" and the trials and tribulations therefrom. I'd say her current status as a 36 year old 3.5 or maybe 4 at most puts her just about permanently into cat-lady land. Not sure why she needs a separate category since there are several other carousel riders headed for her exact fate.

To me this sounds lie bull - what do they think about when they masturbate? Cats?
09-20-2014 10:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The Beast1 Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

RE: Coming out as "asexual"
The link isn't working.
09-20-2014 11:25 AM
jamaicabound Offline
Alpha Male

Theres a number of documentaries out there on youtube about this as well as people talking about their asexuality. I dont think its a lie theres much wierder stuff out there... pedophiles, gay, polyamorous, zoophiles so not having an attraction towards anything isnt that out there. They can still probably have orgasms so that probably feels good I imagine its just not while fantasizing about anything. Its like if you fuck a 5. Your not super into it but you can get off and it stilp feels good. I get that we dont get it but I also dont get being gay either that doesnt mean gay people dont exist.
09-20-2014 11:36 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like jamaicabound's post:
Jack198, roberto
Jack198 Offline
Banned

oops - well, I'm finding Salon won't allow a post directly to the link but a google search of Salon and asexual brings it up.

Still seems a bit of a manufactured crisis.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2014 12:05 PM by Jack198.)
09-20-2014 12:00 PM
samsamsam Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

Respectfully, I thought this post was about you. Laugh

The title threw me off.

Maybe a title like "Nutjob coming out as "asexual" would have given me some context.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2
09-20-2014 02:53 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like samsamsam's post:
Giovonny, JoyStick
Jack198 Offline
Banned

(09-20-2014 02:53 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  Respectfully, I thought this post was about you. Laugh

The title threw me off.

Maybe a title like "Nutjob coming out as "asexual" would have given me some context.

Ouch - that hurts. (but I knew there would be at least one smartass out there that thought that! tard)
09-20-2014 02:59 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack198's post:
samsamsam
samsamsam Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

(09-20-2014 02:59 PM)Jack198 Wrote:  
(09-20-2014 02:53 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  Respectfully, I thought this post was about you. Laugh

The title threw me off.

Ouch - that hurts. (but I knew there would be at least one smartass out there that thought that! tard)

Lol, I wasn't trying to be a smartass!

I try to be very polite around people I have not had any dealings with (such as you and I). It was just a suggestion that it was vague. I was all prepared to see guys on rvf say, "You're on the wrong forum." Or "RVF isn't for you." There are guys on here way quicker to make negative comments than me. I shall, however, not name names. Smile

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2014 03:50 PM by samsamsam.)
09-20-2014 03:47 PM
AnonymousBosch Away
International Playboy
Gold Member

Didn't read because it was on Slate.

Didn't read because it's by a Female Typist.

Didn't read because it's a Female Typist once again writing about herself.

Didn't read because it's a Female Typist once again stating she's a Unique Snowflake.

From OP's summation: a 36-year-old woman doesn't need to 'come out' as asexual, because she's 7 years past being sexually-invisible to the vast majority of men, and the offers and interest from men simply wouldn't be there. No woman at 36 is going to be placed under sexual pressure if she doesn't want to be.

Therefore the motivation must either be to deflect the sexual intentions of a painfully-beta husband, or to avoid the social shaming of friends: "I'm single by choice."

The singer / writer got married two months after the album came out.

Laugh2
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2014 03:56 PM by AnonymousBosch.)
09-20-2014 03:55 PM
[-] The following 8 users Like AnonymousBosch's post:
Kingsley Davis, CRR, ColSpanker, Matt Forney, Benoit, Lizard King, Jack198, DJ-Matt
CRR Offline
Wingman

(09-20-2014 03:55 PM)AnonymousBosch Wrote:  Didn't read because it was on Slate.

Didn't read because it's by a Female Typist.

Didn't read because it's a Female Typist once again writing about herself.

Didn't read because it's a Female Typist once again stating she's a Unique Snowflake.

From OP's summation: a 36-year-old woman doesn't need to 'come out' as asexual, because she's 7 years past being sexually-invisible to the vast majority of men, and the offers and interest from men simply wouldn't be there. No woman at 36 is going to be placed under sexual pressure if she doesn't want to be.

Therefore the motivation must either be to deflect the sexual intentions of a painfully-beta husband, or to avoid the social shaming of friends: "I'm single by choice."

The singer / writer got married two months after the album came out.

Laugh2

So fuckin' true man.

The female need for attention is as pathetic as men who still talk about their high school sports achievements.

As many know, I'm in my late 30s. I keep myself in good shape, just ran over 4 miles today and did some heavy lifting. I have to thank these forums for inspiring.

But there is no denying I can't as easily run as far or as fast, jump as high, or simply physically endure what I used to.

Sometimes it's just over, and a new phase of life begins. Nothing wrong with that.

These women think it goes on forever, and that we have to give a shit what they think all the time. All that is asked of them is don't be fat, and you should probably settle down sooner rather than later. That's it. If you fail at those two things, then your next phase isn't going to be pleasant. And we don't want to hear about it.

09-20-2014 07:16 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like CRR's post:
AnonymousBosch, Matt Forney, Glaucon, Jack198

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Academic asexual application adversity - Breitbart CynicalContrarian 22 5,688 07-03-2017 08:18 AM
Last Post: Thomas Jackson
  The coming war with Iran Sp5 81 22,402 04-07-2017 10:16 AM
Last Post: TravelerKai
  Michael Douglas: American Male Actors are Too 'Asexual' to Get Film Roles WalterBlack 50 19,281 12-27-2015 11:01 PM
Last Post: jbkunt2