Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Thread Closed 
Chick: "Coming Out As Asexual In A Hypersexual Culture"
jariel Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

Chick: "Coming Out As Asexual In A Hypersexual Culture"
[Image: julie_decker.jpg]

Quote:At age 14, Julie Sondra Decker found herself delivering the cliché line “It’s not you, it’s me.” Only, really, she meant it. She wasn’t attracted to her first boyfriend but kissed him anyway “because I was expected to,” she says. People told her, “One day you’ll like it” — and she believed them.

But by age 16, nothing had changed. “I simply had a complete lack of interest in sex and anything related,” she writes. “I’d just never been sexually attracted to another person. Not my boyfriend, not the hottest people in school, not the heartthrob movies stars. I wasn’t interested. Period.” Her high school boyfriend nicknamed her “Miss Non-Hormone” and she began referring to herself as “nonsexual.” That’s when people started offering their opinions — things like, “That’s not normal. You need to get checked out,” “You’re going to die alone with a houseful of cats” and “Shut up and admit you’re gay.”

Shortly after Decker graduated from college, David Jay founded the Asexuality Visibility and Education Network in 2001 and media attention soon followed. “I started describing myself as ‘asexual’ instead of ‘nonsexual’ to connect myself with the awareness efforts,” explains Decker, a 36-year-old author living in Tampa, Florida. Now she’s taken it a step further, writing a book, “The Invisible Orientation: An Introduction to Asexuality,” to demystify the overlooked orientation. She spoke with Salon about our hypersexualized culture, masturbation and what non-asexuals have to learn from asexuals about love and relationships.

http://www.salon.com/2014/09/16/youre_ab...l_culture/

I'll take this type of bullshit seriously when a nun, spinster, or any other type of woman who consciously rejects her body's biological desire for dick, looks like this:

[Image: hbz-wedding-beauty-Joan-Smalls-0512-de.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2014 06:56 PM by jariel.)
09-20-2014 06:56 PM
Find all posts by this user
Tuthmosis Offline
Forum Moderator
Gold Member

RE: Chick: "Coming Out As Asexual In A Hypersexual Culture"

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter
09-20-2014 06:59 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Michael Douglas: American Male Actors are Too 'Asexual' to Get Film Roles WalterBlack 50 14,128 12-27-2015 11:01 PM
Last Post: jbkunt2
  Five years ago it was called Hook up culture- why the change of name to Rape culture? Bluethunder 13 3,684 08-13-2015 08:00 AM
Last Post: tynamite
  The coming war with Iran Sp5 77 14,946 03-14-2015 04:52 PM
Last Post: Sp5