The Paperback Of Game Is Now Available! Several retailers have begun selling the physical copy of Game with free shipping. Click Here For Full Details.

The Wrestling Thread
MidWest Offline
Banned

The Wrestling Thread
This is an extension of this thread:
http://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-44355.html

^^^^It was more specific and it focused mainly on Ric Flair.

I was always a big fan of wrestling as a kid. Hopefully in this thread we can talk about wrestling in general from our favorite superstars to our favorite rivalries, favorite era's, etc...

Some of my favorite wrestlers

Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero

^^^ I seriously stopped watching wrestling as soon as these guys died. Two class acts and great wrestlers. It wasn't the same anymore afterwards so I'm not really familiar with the CM Punk's or Shamus's or John Cena's of today.

Stone Cold

Triple H

The Rock (Heel). Never quite liked him as a face but was funny as a heel.

01-23-2015 02:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes MidWest's post:
JoyStick
Pride male Offline
True Player

RE: The Wrestling Thread
Bray Wyatt is currently my favourite. Dude really knows how to talk and capture the audience.

Dean Ambrose cant wrestle.

Dont understand why John Cena is the best. Dude has five moves only and a lame finisher.

Only the strong survive, life isnt fair - Tupac.
01-23-2015 02:34 AM
eradicator Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

haven't watched in over a decade. loved bruiser brody, owen hart, flair, sting, the rockers, bret hart, steamboat mostly liked the heels like brody/flair/savage/rick rude/jericho/austin/angle/demolition/more if i thought about it.

loved the undercard of mid 90s wcw with malenko/guerrero/benoit/misterio/juvi/ultimo dragon/saturn/ddp

ecw had a good run with taz, the dudleyz, dreamer, raven, justin credible, rob van dam,sabu, taijiri and whipwreck, the FBI, guerrero/malenko/benoit...

At this point i would rather watch good old matches on youtube than the current product.

Favorite moves:

dreamers piledriver on rvd

2 cold scorpio

jushin liger and misterio

tlc

Team yoga pants
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...FO1O020uyw
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2015 04:15 AM by eradicator.)
01-23-2015 04:09 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like eradicator's post:
JoyStick, TheWastelander, whoishe, rudebwoy
JoyStick Offline
Alpha Male

The WWF sucks now, but there's a new up-and-coming company call Lucha Underground that is pretty entertaining. It's produce by Robert Rodriquez (Sin City, Machete) and Mark Burnett (Survivor, Shark Tank). They're are teaming up with AAA, a wrestling company in Mexico, and have about ten episodes so far. The show have great professional looking shots like you would see in movies while still having a old school wrestling vibe. I think you guys should check it out.

01-23-2015 05:19 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes JoyStick's post:
TheWastelander
Redwood Offline
Chubby Chaser

01-23-2015 06:18 AM
JoyStick Offline
Alpha Male

Did y'all hear about the wrestler, Perro Aguayo Jr, who died during his match with Rey Mysterio Jr? He apparently was a huge star in Mexico and Mexican wrestling fans are blaming Rey Mysterio and are sending death threats to him even though according to other wrestlers, Mysterio performed his move correctly and didn't do anything wrong.

Quote:Tragedy: Mexican Wrestler "El Hijo del Perro Aguayo" Passes Away After Match With Rey Mysterio (R.I.P.)

Mexican Wrestler dies during in-ring accident Friday night
Mexican Wrestler "El Hijo del Perro Aguayo" Passes Away After Match With Rey Mysterio (R.I.P.)
El Hijo Del Perro Aguayo Dies from Injuries Suffered vs. Rey Mysterio

Perro Aguayo Jr. Dead: Fans & Wrestling Stars Mourn His Death
Mexican Wrestler El Hijo del Perro Aguayo Passes Away After Match With Rey Mysterio
Mexican Wrestling Star Perro Aguayo Jr. Dies After In-Ring Accident
Aguayo's death comes after competing in a match on Friday night against former WWE Superstar Rey Mysterio. During the match, Aguayo tried to avoid Mysterio's 619 maneuver and ended up getting hit in his trachea, which caused severe whiplash. Aguayo was then placed on a backbrace and was stretchered out of the Municipal Auditorium before being taken to Del Prado Hospital for treatment. Aguayo was initially reported to be in stable condition despite being unconscious, but ElMexicano.com later reported that Aguayo died at 1:00 AM local time.
Tragedy struck the Asistencia Asesoria y Administracion wrestling promotion Friday night in Tijuana, Mexico, as popular luchador El Hijo del Perro Aguayo died after suffering an injury in a match against former WWE Superstar Rey Mysterio.

El Hijo Del Perro Aguayo Passing Away After Match In Mexico Last Night
Top AAA Wrestler Dies After In-Ring Spot With Rey Mysterio
El Hijo del Perro Aguayo dies following 619 mishap
Mexican wrestler Perro Aguayo Jr. dies after match vs. Rey Mysterio
PERRO AGUAYO JR. DIES AFTER WRESTLING MATCH WITH REY MYSTERIO
According to Mike Coughlin of F4WOnline, the son of Mexican wrestling legend Perro Aguayo went limp while on the ropes in position to take Mysterio's 619 finishing maneuver. It is unclear what caused the incident, but the 35-year-old star was treated by medical personnel before being transported to a hospital, where he was ultimately pronounced dead.

Lucha star Perro Aguayo Jr. has passed away due to injuries sustained during a match with Rey Mysterio, Manik, and Tigre Uno.
BY MATT FOWLERWrestler Perro Aguayo Jr., aka El Hijo del Perro Aguayo, passed away this morning as a result of injuries he sustained during a match at a CRASH event in Tijuana, Mexico.

Aguayo Jr., who was 35, teamed with TNA’s Manik against TNA's Tigre Uno and ex-WWE Superstar Rey Mysterio on Friday night. As of now, it's believed that Aguayo Jr.'s death was caused by cervical spine trauma suffered when Mysterio dropkicked him into the ring ropes - a set up spot for Mysterio's signature "619" move. Aguayo Jr. hit the ropes improperly and was immediately rendered unconscious.

On March 20, 2015 Aguayo suffered a severe whiplash injury during a tag team match against Rey Mysterio Jr. and Xtreme Tiger with his partner Manik at a show in Tijuana, Baja California.
The injury was as a result of a dropkick by Mysterio Jr. that propelled Aguayo forward into the ring ropes. The top rope snapped back and hit Aguayo in the trachea causing the injury. After the impact Aguayo was attended to by EMTs and then taken to the local Del Prado hospital but was later pronounced dead in the early hours of March 21

Pedro Aguayo Ramirez, AAAs Lucha Libre star better known as Perro Aguayo Jr., passed away in hospital after injuries he suffered in the ring during a tag team match in which Rey Mysterio was involved.

The match, between Aguayo Jr., and TJ Perkins vs Rey Mysterio and Xtreme Tiger continued as Aguayo Jr., stayed motionless hanging on the ropes as he was about to get a 619. Mysterio missed the double 619 as Perkins moved and he went over Aguayo Jr., and then Konan tried to revive him at ringside as the match went on.

Aguayo Jr., was transferred from the Municipal Auditorium to Del Prado Hospital earlier today and at 1AM he was pronounced dead. According to the El Mexicano newspaper, the cause of death was listed as whiplash.

The whole thing was caught on video and judging by how Aguayo Jr., was not responding in the
ring its most likely that he passed away while in the ring. You can see the full video below.

Pedro Aguayo Jr., tragedy, wrestling, wrestler, whiplash, death on the ring, Mexico, Tijuana, AAA, Lucha Libre
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2015 05:13 PM by JoyStick.)
03-31-2015 05:03 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like JoyStick's post:
MidWest, TravelerKai
Solus Offline
Recovering Beta

No wrestling thread is complete without this.

Listening to this as a child at the time made me absolutely furious. Now as an adult it's nothing short of comedy gold.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2015 05:19 PM by Solus.)
03-31-2015 05:18 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like Solus's post:
TravelerKai, kaotic, WalterBlack, VincentVinturi, MMX2010
TravelerKai Away
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

^^Wow that nuts!! Pro Wrestling is very dangerous and I am surprised this has not happened before. Whiplash...fuck.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2015 06:01 PM by TravelerKai.)
03-31-2015 06:01 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TravelerKai's post:
brick tamland
MidWest Offline
Banned

Is it just me or do lots of wrestlers die at a young age. I can go down the list of wrestlers who had their careers shortened off the top of my head.

Yokozuna
Owen Hart
Big Daddy (Viscera)
Giant Gonzales
Umaga
Test
Chris Benoit
Eddie Guerrero
Mr. Perfect
Bam Bam Bigelow
The Big Bossman
Crash Holly
British Bulldog
The Junkyard Dog
Andre the Giant
Ultimate Warrior

And now this guy
So many dead wrestlers.
03-31-2015 06:19 PM
JoyStick
kaotic Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

Seeing the Wrestlemania Story Line on snapchat the other way brought me back to my child hood when I was a kid.

I was never a big wrestling fan, but I knew the names, there were some old cats still wrestling.

Some of the entrances I saw were pure fucking entertainment.

"Go be fat on someone else's time" - Henry Rollins

"i fascisti si dividono in due categorie: i fascisti e gli antifascisti" (there are two types of fascists: fascists and anti-fascists)

My Year in Review Guides 2014|2015|2016

Podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr, Cobra, and Vinman.
03-31-2015 06:28 PM
TravelerKai Away
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

WTF? I did not know Yokozuna died?! Looked it up and he died in 2000. I also did not know Crash Holly died too. When I looked that up and read his story, he needed the Manosphere and the redpill, but he may have had a substance abuse problem. Like many of them do or did. You gotta get cleaned up first before you can self improve or get back on the horse.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.
03-31-2015 06:30 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TravelerKai's post:
JoyStick
LINUX Away
True Player
Gold Member

I grew up watching junkyard dog, terry funk, The Great Muta, Sting, and Hacksaw Jim Duggan. I had some good times fighting with the neighbors on the trampoline, pretending to be wrestlers.
03-31-2015 06:35 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes LINUX's post:
TravelerKai
Cr33pin Online
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat was always my Fav...
[Image: xegtewryboolujays3du.jpg]
An my favortie tag team of course was the Road Warriors
[Image: road-warrior-animal-parla-degli-ascension.jpg]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin
03-31-2015 06:55 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cr33pin's post:
WalterBlack
Goldin Boy Offline
Alpha Male

Quote:And now this guy
So many dead wrestlers.

You missed Randy Savage and Hawk from Road Warriors.

Not all the deaths above are all the same reason, most are drug abuse. Andre and Giant Gonzalez had pre-existing conditions. Some car accidents, heart problems(steroids).

A friend of mine and I were discussing this the other day: Like a girl chooses to be a port-a-potty is fucked in the head so are most people who wrestle for a living. To me only a masochist can wrestle 300 days a year on the road for a living and pop xanax and oxy like candy in between matches.

Very few have any modicum of success in non-wrestling ventures. Ric Flair and Hogan are going to die wrestling. Ted Dibiase is a preacher and the Rock has decent acting career but is there any other former wrestler doing well? /end rant

I used to love the promos they shot to draw heat for wrestlers here are some of my faves:

(08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  ...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.
03-31-2015 08:54 PM
MidWest Offline
Banned

One of my favorite matches of all time, wrestling wise will have to be Eddie Guerrero vs. Chris Benoit for the US. Championship at Vengeance in 2003.
The tightness and complexity of the moves these guys displayed were phenomenal. The snaps, the perfect timed German suplexes and counters, this is what wrestling is all about.

Where is wrestling like this nowadays?
03-31-2015 10:08 PM
JoyStick
JoyStick Offline
Alpha Male

(03-31-2015 08:54 PM)Goldin Boy Wrote:  Very few have any modicum of success in non-wrestling ventures. Ric Flair and Hogan are going to die wrestling. Ted Dibiase is a preacher and the Rock has decent acting career but is there any other former wrestler doing well? /end rant

Why does it matter if they don't have success in another venture if they are living THEIR dream already and banking. We don't expect an actor to become a successful basketball player, or Bill Gates to become a famous rapper.

And Hogan doesn't wrestle, he just makes appearances every now and then and that's because he got brutally divorce raped.

Quote:but is there any other former wrestler doing well?

Hell yeah. Jesse Ventura was the Governor of Minnesota and is an author. Mick Foley is a best selling author. Steve Austin has a television show and his own successful podcast. Chris Jericho is the lead singer of a band and has his own successful podcast. Diamond Dallas Page has a popular Yoga studio and program. Brock Lesnar was a professional football player and a champion UFC fighter. Many other wrestlers including Shawn Micheals run their own wrestling school. This was just off the top of my head.
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2015 10:36 AM by JoyStick.)
04-01-2015 10:17 AM
Moto Offline
Chubby Chaser

I thought this thread would be about wrestling, not WWF stuff. I was a wrestler in middle school and high school. Got the varsity letter, qualified for state championships.

Any MMA guys should appreciate REAL wrestling for what it is.

[/align]
04-01-2015 11:28 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Moto's post:
Cr33pin
JoyStick Offline
Alpha Male

Mick Foley's daughter is apparently a hottie.

[Image: rmLZkrw.jpg]

[Image: 74e2862ab61611e3bc3c128caf1e53ec_8.jpg]

[Image: noelle-foley-and-mick.jpg]

[Image: ZZ4Fbpc.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2015 09:13 PM by JoyStick.)
04-01-2015 09:11 PM
[-] The following 6 users Like JoyStick's post:
Cr33pin, eradicator, TravelerKai, MiscBrah, crudeloyalist, CaptainChardonnay
Libertas Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

On again off again fan. Currently off. Haven't watched since Royal Rumble 2013. I hear Triple H is doing good things with NXT though, said by no less a person than Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Speaking of, Austin was always my favorite. He carried an I don't give a fuck mentality so well. As badass as they ever came:

And of course, the defining Austin moment:

Read my Latest at Return of Kings: 11 Lessons in Leadership from Julius Caesar
My Blog | Twitter
04-03-2015 07:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Libertas's post:
Canopus, TravelerKai, Captain Gh
JoyStick Offline
Alpha Male

Apparently there's a leaked audio of Hogan using the "N" word. I haven't listen to it yet so I don't know if he was being racist.

Hogan is getting the Chris Benoit treatment and is being taken off all WWE products. They're scrubbing everything Hogan related off their website including his name on the hall of fame list and is taking him off the show "tough enough" where he was one of the judges.

I'm on my phone so no links to sources.
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2015 09:12 AM by JoyStick.)
07-24-2015 09:04 AM
whoishe Offline
Chubby Chaser

Quote:On Friday morning, WWE announced they have terminated the contract of Terry "Hulk Hogan" Bollea. Their brief statement:

"WWE terminated its contract with Terry Bollea (aka Hulk Hogan). WWE is committed to embracing and celebrating individuals from all backgrounds as demonstrated by the diversity of our employees, performers and fans worldwide."

A few minutes afterward, the National Enquirer and Radar Online released a story that claims Hogan made racist comments on his infamous sex tape, using the N-word several times in a dialogue about someone that was was offering to fund daughter Brooke's music career. Here's an excerpt from their story:

"I don’t know if Brooke was f*cking the black guy’s son," Hulk raved, the sources add.

"I mean, I don’t have double standards. I mean, I am a racist, to a point, f*cking n*ggers. But then when it comes to nice people and sh*t, and whatever."

Then, in a tirade to rival the racism embarrassments suffered by Mel Gibson and "Dog The Bounty Hunter," Hulk unloaded even more hatred!

According to sources, he said: "I mean, I’d rather if she was going to f*ck some n*gger, I’d rather have her marry an 8-foot-tall n*gger worth a hundred million dollars! Like a basketball player!

"I guess we’re all a little racist. Fucking n*gger."

On Thursday, WWE.com removed all references to Hogan, including as an Alumni or as a Hall of Famer, in addition to his merchandise. He was also removed as a judge for Tough Enough. One WWE source also said they believed Curtis Axel was told that his Axel Mania gimmick at the house shows will be dropped immediately.

"Wynik jest jawnie niedemokratyczny. Wiadomo że demokratyczny wynik jest tylko wtedy, gdy popiera lewacką utopię. Każdy inny wynik to faszyzm i nazim. Rasizm i ksenofobia. I jeszcze homofobia i zacofanie. Oraz antysemityzm"
07-24-2015 09:22 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes whoishe's post:
JoyStick
DarkTriad Offline
True Player
Gold Member

Did someone just call Chris Benoit a "class act"? You want to kill yourself, cool, you want to kill your kids first...asshole. Nothing classy about it. Is it bad enough where it stains everything he has ever done? Yeah, I think so. At least to the degree you can never call him a "class act". You can say he was a "great pro wrestler" but "class act" got up and left the building a long time ago.
07-24-2015 10:57 AM
MidWest Offline
Banned

(07-24-2015 10:57 AM)DarkTriad Wrote:  Did someone just call Chris Benoit a "class act"? You want to kill yourself, cool, you want to kill your kids first...asshole. Nothing classy about it. Is it bad enough where it stains everything he has ever done? Yeah, I think so. At least to the degree you can never call him a "class act". You can say he was a "great pro wrestler" but "class act" got up and left the building a long time ago.

I meant class act wrestling wise and class act professionally. His personal stuff of course, he was a total monster. I actually hate Chris Benoit for what he did. But he was one of my favorite wrestlers growing up and that doesn't take away how good of a wrestler he was.

But I agree, I should have used a different word.
07-24-2015 12:55 PM
TheWastelander Offline
True Player

Chris Benoit was an entertaining wrestler and seemed like a humble guy. I always rooted for him when I used to watch wrestling.

The fact he murdered his family and killed himself, probably in large part due to going insane thanks to undiagnosed numerous head injuries and brain damage, doesn't really take away from how he was before that for the majority of his career. I doubt he was an evil scumbag who was plotting to wipe out his entire family for years.

WWE going Stalinistic and scrubbing all things Benoit from their history was completely ridiculous.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2015 01:17 PM by TheWastelander.)
07-24-2015 01:17 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like TheWastelander's post:
JoyStick, Philosopher
Blackwell Offline
Chubby Chaser

I also posted this in the Gawker thread. I can't work out where we are discussing this Hogan debacle.

Anyway.

This is a joke. I mean racism isn't cool for sure but him getting filmed whilst he believes he has his privacy and then getting completely wiped from WWE's memory and just tossed aside like they never knew him is crazy considering how much he has done to build their company. He said some dodgy things absolutely but he didn't hurt anybody. They are only opinions. People are so soft nowadays.

I get they are just acting quickly so that they can appease the PC brigade who would have come after them for anything less. I get it and I'm not condoning Hogan's little rant.

But let's be real is him saying some questionable, offensive and mildly racist opinions in private, especially being secretly filmed and completely unaware fitting of this kind of punishment? I don't know that it is.

If we are all honest we have all said things in private that would get us fired, outcast. To be completely disowned by WWE is a bit over the top for me. What's wrong with Hogan issuing a public apology for anybody he may have offended and then moving on from it humbled. Nah that ain't good enough nowadays. The PC brigade wants to see heads roll.

Where does it end? Some celebrity has his phone hacked, a 'sexist' joke is found and he is dragged through the mud?

I mean there's examples of that already with that FA Football (Soccer) Chief getting burned for some sexist jokes in some emails.
07-24-2015 02:02 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blackwell's post:
JoyStick

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Instilling the Warrior Spirit in Teenagers? (Specifically Wrestling) Beyond Borders 43 5,179 12-17-2017 03:12 PM
Last Post: godfather dust
  MMA fights female fighter: "Like wrestling a 12 Year Old" DavidMI 62 31,533 07-23-2014 04:12 AM
Last Post: Simeon_Strangelight
  Women's Collegiate wrestling, of course its in Canada Dr. Howard 5 4,048 04-16-2014 05:26 PM
Last Post: whoishe