Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

WReal Woman Complains About Tranny & Loses Gym Membeship
vinman Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

WReal Woman Complains About Tranny & Loses Gym Membeship
So I could put on eye liner and hang out in the female locker room if I self identify as a woman? Sweet!

Quote:MIDLAND, MI -- A Midland County woman's gym membership was canceled after she refused to stop telling fellow gym members "a man" was using the woman's locker room.

Yvette Cormier said the incident occurred Saturday, Feb. 28, when she entered the women's locker room at the Planet Fitness location at 701 Joe Mann Boulevard in Midland.

"I was blocked, because a man was standing there," Cormier said. "It freaked me out because, why is a man in here?"

Cormier said an employee at the front desk told her that the individual identifies as a woman.

After taking her complaints to Planet Fitness' corporate office, Cormier said she was told that the gym was a "no judgement zone" and they would not tell the individual in question to stay out of the women's locker room. The person has not been identified.

The slogan "Judgement Free Zone" is regularly used by Planet Fitness.

A statement released by McCall Gosselin, public relations director for Planet Fitness, states that members can use the locker room corresponding with their personal gender identity.

Cormier disagrees with the policy and feels it's a safety issue.

According to Cormier, she returned to the gym each day between Monday and Thursday. While there, Cormier said she told women in the locker room about the individual she observed in the bathroom the weekend before.

Cormier said she then got a call from Planet Fitness' corporate office telling her that she was violating their "no judgement" policy. She says they asked if she was going to stop talking to other women in the locker room and she said she would not.

Cormier said the representative told her she was no longer welcome at the gym.

The statement released by McCall confirms that Cormier's actions led to the cancellation of her membership, though the statement does not go into details of the situation.

Here is a look at the statement, in full:

"Planet Fitness is committed to creating a non-intimidating, welcoming environment for our members. Our gender identity non-discrimination policy states that members and guests may use all gym facilities based on their sincere self-reported gender identity. The manner in which this member expressed her concerns about the policy exhibited behavior that management at the Midland club deemed inappropriate and disruptive to other members, which is a violation of the membership agreement and as a result her membership was cancelled."

"I feel it's kind of one sided," Cormier said about the policy. "I feel like I am the one who is being punished."

She feels Planet Fitness could provide a third locker room for transgender people.

The women's locker room offers private changing stalls and includes bathroom stalls with doors.

According to Alison Gill, senior legislative council for the Human Rights Campaign, the gym is within its rights to create a policy that welcomes members to use the locker room corresponding with their gender identity.

"They have that right," she said.

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index....me_in.html

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine
03-07-2015 12:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 5 users Like vinman's post:
Suits, JoyStick, WestIndianArchie, Ocelot, Daddy
Fortis Away
Crow
Gold Member

RE: WReal Woman Complains About Tranny & Loses Gym Membeship
I wonder how long it'll be before you get kicked out of the gym for reporting homosexuals who are banging in the sauna.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.
03-07-2015 12:22 AM
[-] The following 11 users Like Fortis's post:
infowarrior1, Dr. Howard, SupaDorkLooza, Hans Dix, Vacancier Permanent, Bizet, Professor Fox, DJ-Matt, Matt Forney, Tytalus, CaptainChardonnay
pheonix500000 Offline
Pelican

(03-07-2015 12:19 AM)vinman Wrote:  So I could put on eye liner and hang out in the female locker room if I self identify as a woman? Sweet!

Quote:MIDLAND, MI -- A Midland County woman's gym membership was canceled after she refused to stop telling fellow gym members "a man" was using the woman's locker room.

Yvette Cormier said the incident occurred Saturday, Feb. 28, when she entered the women's locker room at the Planet Fitness location at 701 Joe Mann Boulevard in Midland.

"I was blocked, because a man was standing there," Cormier said. "It freaked me out because, why is a man in here?"

Cormier said an employee at the front desk told her that the individual identifies as a woman.

After taking her complaints to Planet Fitness' corporate office, Cormier said she was told that the gym was a "no judgement zone" and they would not tell the individual in question to stay out of the women's locker room. The person has not been identified.

The slogan "Judgement Free Zone" is regularly used by Planet Fitness.

A statement released by McCall Gosselin, public relations director for Planet Fitness, states that members can use the locker room corresponding with their personal gender identity.

Cormier disagrees with the policy and feels it's a safety issue.

According to Cormier, she returned to the gym each day between Monday and Thursday. While there, Cormier said she told women in the locker room about the individual she observed in the bathroom the weekend before.

Cormier said she then got a call from Planet Fitness' corporate office telling her that she was violating their "no judgement" policy. She says they asked if she was going to stop talking to other women in the locker room and she said she would not.

Cormier said the representative told her she was no longer welcome at the gym.

The statement released by McCall confirms that Cormier's actions led to the cancellation of her membership, though the statement does not go into details of the situation.

Here is a look at the statement, in full:

"Planet Fitness is committed to creating a non-intimidating, welcoming environment for our members. Our gender identity non-discrimination policy states that members and guests may use all gym facilities based on their sincere self-reported gender identity. The manner in which this member expressed her concerns about the policy exhibited behavior that management at the Midland club deemed inappropriate and disruptive to other members, which is a violation of the membership agreement and as a result her membership was cancelled."

"I feel it's kind of one sided," Cormier said about the policy. "I feel like I am the one who is being punished."

She feels Planet Fitness could provide a third locker room for transgender people.

The women's locker room offers private changing stalls and includes bathroom stalls with doors.

According to Alison Gill, senior legislative council for the Human Rights Campaign, the gym is within its rights to create a policy that welcomes members to use the locker room corresponding with their gender identity.

"They have that right," she said.

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index....me_in.html

dupe
03-07-2015 12:22 AM
samsamsam Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2
03-07-2015 12:23 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes samsamsam's post:
Feisbook Control
Suits Offline
Banned

(03-07-2015 12:22 AM)pheonix500000 Wrote:  dupe

Link?
03-07-2015 12:29 AM
JoyStick Offline
Pelican

[Image: russ-4-troll-doll-exercising-w-two-weigh...047373.JPG]

Youtheman
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2015 01:05 AM by JoyStick.)
03-07-2015 12:39 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like JoyStick's post:
DJ-Matt, kaotic, komatiite
Gorgiass Offline
Kingfisher
Gold Member

Well, this makes my upcoming decision of which gym in my new town to join much easier.
03-07-2015 01:17 AM
rkIE Offline
Sparrow
Gold Member

I'm not afraid to go against the status quo here. Planet Fitness did a smart thing there, and they are getting tons of publicity from this small decision. Not only that, but they literally call their facility a 'Judgement Free' zone and give her a chance to chill the fuck out but she refuses and decides to remain hysterical.

I am interested in business and marketing, and can't help but see this from a business perspective. And from that perspective, this was a worthwhile move and has helped PF get some positive viral publicity.
03-07-2015 01:21 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like rkIE's post:
Vacancier Permanent, Tytalus
WestIndianArchie Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

(03-07-2015 01:21 AM)rkIE Wrote:  I'm not afraid to go against the status quo here. Planet Fitness did a smart thing there, and they are getting tons of publicity from this small decision. Not only that, but they literally call their facility a 'Judgement Free' zone and give her a chance to chill the fuck out but she refuses and decides to remain hysterical.

I am interested in business and marketing, and can't help but see this from a business perspective. And from that perspective, this was a worthwhile move and has helped PF get some positive viral publicity.

They definitely did the right thing.

WIA
03-07-2015 01:27 AM
Suits Offline
Banned

(03-07-2015 01:27 AM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  
(03-07-2015 01:21 AM)rkIE Wrote:  I'm not afraid to go against the status quo here. Planet Fitness did a smart thing there, and they are getting tons of publicity from this small decision. Not only that, but they literally call their facility a 'Judgement Free' zone and give her a chance to chill the fuck out but she refuses and decides to remain hysterical.

WIA

I think the policy and their decision are both great. It's fantastic to see where all the open-mindedness that women have voted for leads us.
03-07-2015 01:32 AM
[-] The following 14 users Like Suits's post:
Lizard King, Kingsley Davis, Feisbook Control, JoyStick, billbudsocket, DJ-Matt, Drazen, Vacancier Permanent, TravelerKai, Professor Fox, freeuser, Hannibal, Matt Forney, Tytalus
The Reactionary Tree Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

From a business perspective, they did the right thing. Business and corporations cannot have politically incorrect opinions.

From a societal perspective, they failed. Trannies should not be granted rights. They should be put into mental institutions if anything. This just opens Pandora box for freaks to enjoy the peep show in the women's locker room. This will also open the doors for pedos to go eye fuck your daughters in the little girls room... as long as they identify as a woman.
03-07-2015 01:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 17 users Like The Reactionary Tree's post:
Yatagan, Professor Fox, spokepoker, infowarrior1, Bobco, SirTimothy, Lizard King, Kingsley Davis, Slim Shady, Feisbook Control, JoyStick, DJ-Matt, Drazen, Vacancier Permanent, TravelerKai, freeuser, Matt Forney
JustlookingForAGoodTime Offline
Robin

(03-07-2015 01:32 AM)Suits Wrote:  
(03-07-2015 01:27 AM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

WIA

I think the policy and their decision are both great. It's fantastic to see where all the open-mindedness that women have voted for leads us.

Exactly what i was thinking.

Frankly, i'm enjoying all this. Let's see the peoples' reactions when they actually have to deal with real situations instead of happy happy joy notions.
03-07-2015 01:49 AM
[-] The following 13 users Like JustlookingForAGoodTime's post:
Suits, Benoit, Ocelot, spokepoker, Lizard King, Kingsley Davis, Feisbook Control, kinjutsu, DJ-Matt, Drazen, Professor Fox, freeuser, Matt Forney
iamdegaussed Offline
Kingfisher

Planet Fitness, where you can go into whatever dressing room you want but can't do deadlifts.

(11-15-2014 08:45 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  I could sense the fear in them so as they were walking I chased them down and told them to "go home".
03-07-2015 02:33 AM
[-] The following 20 users Like iamdegaussed's post:
The Reactionary Tree, Saweeep, Ocelot, spokepoker, teh_skeeze, vinman, Kingsley Davis, Feisbook Control, JoyStick, DJ-Matt, Veloce, Canopus, TravelerKai, Professor Fox, freeuser, Hades, Matt Forney, kaotic, Old Fritz, Aer
Simeon_Strangelight Offline
Hawk
Gold Member

(03-07-2015 12:19 AM)vinman Wrote:  So I could put on eye liner and hang out in the female locker room if I self identify as a woman? Sweet!

Indeed - we could do that by putting on a skirt and some makeup:

[Image: lb2_1.jpg?itok=SKuUvC7_]

.... but I am not so sure whether that's really worth it.....

But I would do that in a heartbeat if I ever got myself into prison. Suddenly I would be a poor woman trapped in a masculine body.
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2015 04:02 AM by Simeon_Strangelight.)
03-07-2015 04:00 AM
BortimusPrime Offline
Ostrich

So who's going to do a thread on buffalo bill game in planet fitness locker rooms?
03-07-2015 05:38 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like BortimusPrime's post:
vinman, Slim Shady, Feisbook Control, TooFineAPoint
Saweeep Offline
Banned

I'm so stunned by this I don't really know what to say.

The World has well and truly gone mad...
03-07-2015 06:16 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Saweeep's post:
Hyperion, FlyBoy
Glaucon Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

Where is women's famous tolerance now?
I love seeing people suffering from their own stupidity.
03-07-2015 06:53 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Glaucon's post:
vinman, Kingsley Davis, freeuser
HughMyron Offline
Banned

A woman gets the full taste of the slippery slope of such on the surface well meaning but restrictive authoritorian policies as "NO JUDGEMENT OF ANYTHING EVER!". Turns out there's a reason why people judge, it's to keep them safe

I'd be gleeful if I didn't actually want for things to return to normal, sane levels
03-07-2015 07:21 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like HughMyron's post:
Kingsley Davis, Feisbook Control
Enigma Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

The thing about Planet Fitness's business strategy isn't so much that they're smart, it's that most other gyms are stupid.

They've been pulling in cash hand over fist for how many years? And the majority of their competition has failed to adapt even a fraction of their business model.

The misconception is that Planet Fitness is so successful because of the judgement free bullshit and free pizza days.

But in reality, there are plenty of lard asses in more traditional gyms and plenty of in-shape people in Planet Fitness. And PF doesn't even offer things like the spin classes or yoga that you'll find at most other gyms, which are a huge draw for women and the out-of-shape.

They're successful because:

- There's no contract
- It's open 24 hours
- It's considerably cheaper

If you take into account the people who either don't want to sign a contract, work weird hours, or don't have plenty of disposable income to put towards a gym membership, that's gotta be like 75% of the market. And PF is the only one serving that entire group.

These things are WHY they're successful enough to turn people away and piss people off, not the other way around. Most people will deal with a tranny in the locker room if it means they don't have to sign a 2-year contract at a 200%+ higher monthly rate.

Sure, they have effective marketing, but it's really just an extra incentive to get people in the door. Their actual business model is what's turning their profits. You've gotta think that the average Western woman doesn't want a man with them in the bathroom anyways, regardless what they may say publicly.

And I'm not saying I want the legit gyms to become a bunch of McGym Planet Fitness clones, but if they'd stop being elitist long enough to make some changes to their pricing structure and hours, it'd benefit both themselves and the consumer.

"We don't want to be like them! They don't even have free weights!"

Yeah, well, they're also pulverizing your business into oblivion and stealing half your client base.

I mean, how do you even justify your membership requiring a 2-year contract yet still being 5x time more per month? And how is it that I can get the cable guy to spend an hour drilling holes in my wall without signing a contract, yet I need one to walk on a treadmill? It's idiotic.
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2015 08:25 AM by Enigma.)
03-07-2015 08:17 AM
[-] The following 18 users Like Enigma's post:
spokepoker, Simeon_Strangelight, vinman, Handsome Creepy Eel, game_ethic, ColSpanker, Kingsley Davis, Pontifex Maximus, billbudsocket, DJ-Matt, JustlookingForAGoodTime, Veloce, Professor Fox, freeuser, Kamikaze, Matt Forney, Tytalus, kerouac
Zep Offline
Kingfisher

Ah ok.

So I start a business, hire a 'good cop/bad cop' duo. Good cop comes in to push the social envelope just enough to cause news, but not to break the law ( tranny ), then bad cop comes in on my cue to report this outrage. I make sure the news finds out about it, and presto, free marketing with my pre-assembled slogan all ready ( judgement free zone ).
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2015 08:46 AM by Zep.)
03-07-2015 08:45 AM
Mage Offline
Banned

Misleading thread title, this didn't happen in gym but in Planet Fitness.
03-07-2015 09:50 AM
[-] The following 10 users Like Mage's post:
vinman, Avon Barksdale, Kingsley Davis, Medic42, Phoenix, iamdegaussed, DJ-Matt, Hades, Matt Forney, kaotic
pheonix500000 Offline
Pelican

(03-07-2015 12:29 AM)Suits Wrote:  
(03-07-2015 12:22 AM)pheonix500000 Wrote:  dupe

Link?

The everything goes lounge
03-07-2015 10:02 AM
ColSpanker Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

But what happens when a Drag King goes into the men's locker?

"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."
03-07-2015 11:26 AM
HughMyron Offline
Banned

(03-07-2015 01:21 AM)rkIE Wrote:  Not only that, but they literally call their facility a 'Judgement Free' zone and give her a chance to chill the fuck out but she refuses and decides to remain hysterical.

Yeah, no. There's a perverted guy in the women's locker room. I'm pretty sure this is not one of those cases where the woman should just "chill out" but actually one where she should do the maximum amount of ruckus. There was also some kinda story recently where a tranny was using the same locker room as some high school girls did. You want to have your daughter change in front of some sicko swinging his dick around?
03-07-2015 11:48 AM
Suits Offline
Banned

(03-07-2015 11:48 AM)HughMyron Wrote:  
(03-07-2015 01:21 AM)rkIE Wrote:  Not only that, but they literally call their facility a 'Judgement Free' zone and give her a chance to chill the fuck out but she refuses and decides to remain hysterical.

Yeah, no. There's a perverted guy in the women's locker room. I'm pretty sure this is not one of those cases where the woman should just "chill out" but actually one where she should do the maximum amount of ruckus. There was also some kinda story recently where a tranny was using the same locker room as some high school girls did. You want to have your daughter change in front of some sicko swinging his dick around?

Thanks to feminist goals being pushed into the mainstream by the self-serving female vote, men have been harmed in significant and real ways.

All that's happened here is that a man is allowed to use a women's change room area that has private individual changing stalls. No one is in any danger and everyone is receiving privacy.

I think that women should be allowed to experience a real world consequence to the female vote like this.
03-08-2015 01:47 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Suits's post:
Benoit, iamdegaussed, Matt Forney

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mattel releases tranny dolls because it's "the wave of the future" Roosh 12 1,539 09-27-2019 11:06 AM
Last Post: loremipsum
  Serena Williams loses US Open plays the gender card Stickman 186 29,272 08-27-2019 11:50 AM
Last Post: jeffreyjerpp
  American woman in S. Arabia loses custody due to being "too Western to raise child" Wutang 12 2,310 08-22-2019 10:48 PM
Last Post: sanbruno