Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Internet business - Any taxes to pay?
vorenus Offline
Pigeon

Internet business - Any taxes to pay?
Hi guys

I have a question that has been lurking in my mind. Suppose i have an internet business, and all the income it generates comes from abroad and not from the country i reside in, Do i have to pay any type of income tax or any other tax for that? Just to clarify i'm not a US citizen.
For example What happens if i open an internet business in singapore, germany or whatever and i live in brazil and all the income comes exclusively from abroad but not from brazil(so no brazilian clients) ?
Any tax experts that could help?
thanks!
03-07-2015 08:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
dogthom Offline
Sparrow

RE: Internet business - Any taxes to pay?
You need to talk to an accountant.

Some countries do not tax "world income"... like the Philippines.

But most do.
03-07-2015 08:36 AM
Darius Offline
Woodpecker

It depends where you live. You would open the business where you live, I assume and then would have to follow whatever tax laws they have.
03-07-2015 09:04 AM
el conquistador Offline
Robin

Form an LLC in your home country, Delaware is best. Even if its an internet company you'll need a physical address anyway.

Pay taxes in the US. If you're not earning from the local economy you won't have to pay taxes there.

Is the business up and running yet?

Learn Spanish Game Latinas
http://pickupspanish.com/
03-07-2015 10:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Richiavelli Offline
Robin

You need an accountant in your home country. I can only speak to US taxes, but since you aren't in the situation, my knowledge will be irrelevant.
03-08-2015 03:50 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Moving to Austin, TX to save $30k a year in taxes jbkunt2 39 10,283 04-08-2019 05:23 PM
Last Post: jbkunt2
  How do figure out how much you owe in taxes with crypto kbell 28 7,014 03-05-2018 01:37 PM
Last Post: guillaume-repairit
  Ways to minimise taxes on crypto gains [email protected] 21 5,204 11-15-2017 12:52 PM
Last Post: Leads