Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Anyone watching "Last Man on Earth?"
Tytalus Offline
Pelican

Anyone watching "Last Man on Earth?"
I've been watching this show.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3230454/

I've found the show pretty funny and the dynamic pretty interesting.

Spoilers:

At the end of the first episode, the guy finds the last woman on earth. It's quickly revealed that she has many qualities that guys despise in women. Unfortunately for our intrepid hero Phil, he's really not a ladies first choice in a man either.

This is really, really emphasized in episode 4. I can't think of a better "never do anything Phil does in this episode" it just screams weak game. Funny as hell to watch, but really fucking painful too.
03-16-2015 01:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Suits Offline
Banned

RE: Anyone watching "Last Man on Earth?"
(03-16-2015 01:46 AM)Tytalus Wrote:  I've been watching this show.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3230454/

I've found the show pretty funny and the dynamic pretty interesting.

Yes, I've been watching it.

I wouldn't call it an "ultimate red-pill show," but there are some definite themes that could be exploited for a more serious show on the realities of male-female interaction, set again a backdrop of a limited number of human survivors.

I think that a red-pill friendly director could have done more with this material (even though it's a comedy), but the show as it exists could spark some interesting discussion.

That being said, Phil as a character seems to fluctuate between very beta and very alpha behaviour.

I think that the show's most important characteristic is being a metaphor for modern, underachieving males that in a very real way begin to feel like they are the last man alive in a world with no women.
03-16-2015 02:07 AM
WalterBlack Offline
Ostrich

Spoilers:

(03-16-2015 01:46 AM)Tytalus Wrote:  At the end of the first episode, the guy finds the last woman on earth. It's quickly revealed that she has many qualities that guys despise in women. Unfortunately for our intrepid hero Phil, he's really not a ladies first choice in a man either.

This is really, really emphasized in episode 4. I can't think of a better "never do anything Phil does in this episode" it just screams weak game. Funny as hell to watch, but really fucking painful too.

I like the show, it’s funny how he ends u marrying a 4 just before the blonde 8 arrives.

If I was in his shoes I would have just banged the blonde. I wouldn’t give a shit about the 4, what the fuck is she gonna do and where can she go? He should don’t give a fuck game to bang the blonde. His level of thirst was cringe worthy. I think if this was real life, the blonde would have slept with him anyway, she is desperate for dick after all, she hasn’t had any in at least 2 years,

If they really want to repopulate the world, then you need as much mixed DNA (more people banging) possible.
03-16-2015 01:36 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like WalterBlack's post:
Disco_Volante, JoyStick, Vice
OGNorCal707 Offline
Banned

Just caught the episode last night, that was my first one, thought it was pretty damn funny, I've always been a fan of Will Forte. I don't think the show is intended to be red pill, but I could see how sex and male/female relations factors in, I will definitely try to catch more episodes in the future.
03-16-2015 04:07 PM
TornadoByProxy Offline
Woodpecker

Do we still need to say SPOILERS:
The show is funny as hell but it pissed me off.
The moment they introduced Carol, I knew they were going to pair him with her then introduce a much hotter chick. The show is "The Last MAN on Earth".
I don't think it's red pill as much as slacker pill. It does a good job making you ask yourself 'what would I do?' Like the water problem. And he's going to run out of Twinkies eventually.
03-16-2015 08:55 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TornadoByProxy's post:
Suits
LeeEnfield303 Offline
Pelican

I made it halfway through the first episode, and quit. To think that one could survive an apocalypse and only have that ugly skank as a bed partner depressed me beyond understanding. There's enough depression out there that I don't need to borrow more.

Лучше поздно, чем никогда

Those that see...will prepare.
03-16-2015 09:16 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes LeeEnfield303's post:
samsamsam
AnonymousBosch Away
Crow
Gold Member

Tried about 20 minutes of it. Another Idiot Loser Manchild I couldn't relate to in any way, and I found it more annoying than funny.
03-17-2015 04:22 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes AnonymousBosch's post:
ManVsMachine
MikeS Offline
Pelican

I just watched the first two episodes last night, love it so far. Yep, it may not be "proper" red pill - just a man letting go of all or most pretenses of niceness since there's initially no one and later just one around to give a fuck about. But pretty damn hilarious.

Oh, and I also loved this comment on the IMDb board for the show:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3230454/boar.../241463760

Quote:I have never, in over a decade of imdbing, actually started a "discussion thread" and honestly no responses need to be given, I just want to say
WHAT THE EVERLOVING FVCK were people thinking when they made this?
such horrid misogynist disgusting stereotyping nauseating horribleness there are just no words
just GAG puke awful
i genuinely want to bitchslap and choke the people who thought making this was a good idea
so absolutely repulsed on a level I never thought possible
I have literally never seen anything more degrading to women
I mean, the Beaver's Mom has more self-respect than this crap
This is the worst thing I have ever seen
I am going to take notes on who was a part of this film and blackball them from my life entirely
I want everyone who was part of this series to get hit by a drunk driver and die without getting to say goodbye to their loved ones.
I hate this show that much.
03-17-2015 01:10 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes MikeS's post:
eradicator
MikeS Offline
Pelican

Episode 4 spoilers.

All red pill pretensions definitely gone. A pretty blond shows up and Phil's delightful IDGAF attitude - and grooming style - vanishes and he instantly transforms into the blue pill simp that I'm sure he was pre-apocalypse.
Still funny, but let's see where it goes from here - with now three people remaining in the world.
03-17-2015 06:24 PM
Arkady Rossovich Offline
Pigeon

I guess they could keep introducing women into this show and still keep the title.

I think he should have told the 4 to piss off with the marriage thing and keep beating off into a sock for a while.

She would have caved and gave up the poon anyways.
03-18-2015 06:47 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Arkady Rossovich's post:
Suits, Genghis Khan
Genghis Khan Offline
Pelican

(03-18-2015 06:47 AM)Arkady Rossovich Wrote:  I guess they could keep introducing women into this show and still keep the title.

I think he should have told the 4 to piss off with the marriage thing and keep beating off into a sock for a while.

She would have caved and gave up the poon anyways.

Bitch was like: 'no sex before marriage'. Dude definitely failed that shit test.

Not happening. - redbeard in regards to ETH flippening BTC

#TeamRoboDoc
03-18-2015 09:21 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Genghis Khan's post:
Suits, Arkady Rossovich
Tytalus Offline
Pelican

Update:

I can no longer watch this show, because as previously mentioned, by Ep4 it is so ungodly painful to watch a man have such terribly bad game in attracting a woman. Holy fuck. The first episode was brilliant, but later episodes have not lived up to that at all.
04-11-2015 10:08 AM
Chevy Woonsocket Offline
Robin

Watched 5 minutes of first episode on Youtube, skipping around. After listening to them both talk, arguing constantly, that was it. The only reason to watch this show is to see them both die.
04-11-2015 10:43 AM
MikeS Offline
Pelican

(04-11-2015 10:08 AM)Tytalus Wrote:  Update:

I can no longer watch this show, because as previously mentioned, by Ep4 it is so ungodly painful to watch a man have such terribly bad game in attracting a woman. Holy fuck. The first episode was brilliant, but later episodes have not lived up to that at all.

I stopped there as well - gave the first five minutes of episode 5 a try. I really enjoyed the first three episodes, but with the instant flip back to the huge beta he no doubt was before the apocalypse temporarily gave him that wonderful IDGAF attitude and style, it definitely became too painful to watch.
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2015 11:58 AM by MikeS.)
04-11-2015 11:57 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like MikeS's post:
Suits, Conscious Pirate
Tytalus Offline
Pelican

(04-11-2015 11:57 AM)MikeS Wrote:  

I stopped there as well - gave the first five minutes of episode 5 a try. I really enjoyed the first three episodes, but with the instant flip back to the huge beta he no doubt was before the apocalypse temporarily gave him that wonderful IDGAF attitude and style, it definitely became too painful to watch.

I know I'm not a casanova or anything. I know my pick up game is rusty and out of practice. But holy shit, one could actually take clips from this series and compile a list of "never do any of these things ever" as an intro to game and even just watching that would improve a retard's game.

In fact, you could show it to blue pill people and they would get it, minus game terminology.
04-11-2015 01:12 PM
Suits Offline
Banned

Same here.

I had no interest in his character after episode 4 and just stopped watching.
Elements of the show are genuinely very funny, but seeing him bumble his way though the apocalypse just isn't entertainment.
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2015 01:23 PM by Suits.)
04-11-2015 01:19 PM
AnonymousBosch Away
Crow
Gold Member

(04-11-2015 01:19 PM)Suits Wrote:  Elements of the show are genuinely very funny, but seeing him bumble his way though the apocalypse just isn't entertainment.

There's such a clear pattern of Inept, Shamefully Beta Males on English Television running pathetic game on and / or putting up with shitful abuse over what utter failures of masculinity they are by shrewish sixes-at-best, that I can only draw the conclusion that England is virulently anti-male, and simply don't bother any more with any of their entertainment, particularly as their celebrity women are so, so plain-to-outright-ugly.

Chickens
Bad Education
The Mimic
Man Down
Cockroaches

These are supposed to be comedies, but are just a constant pattern of useless men and women clucking their tongues over them.

I'm guessing there's a lot of short-haired right-on quasi-lesbos in English Television production.

LMOE just falls into that pattern.
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2015 03:26 PM by AnonymousBosch.)
04-11-2015 03:22 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like AnonymousBosch's post:
spokepoker, WalterBlack
spokepoker Offline
Hummingbird

I enjoyed it at first, but now I can't even be bothered to torrent it.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""
04-11-2015 05:52 PM
Gmac Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

First few episodes were good but now everything the main character does is cringe-worthy... I don't know if I can stick it out.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee
04-11-2015 08:08 PM
Conscious Pirate Offline
Banned

+1.

Even January Jones can't hold my interest here anymore. Fiction is on a tight leash for me across all platforms these days.
04-12-2015 03:42 AM
iknowexactly Offline
Crow
Gold Member

There is a GREAT episode of the original Twilight Zone (1961) ( Boomer alert, non-cool black and white show shot on FILM) where a luscious Eizabeth Montgomery and Charles Bronson are the last man and woman around.

Title is "Two"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734686/

"The goal of {amoral} capitalism is to reduce all human interaction to the cash nexus." L. D.
04-12-2015 03:56 AM
spokepoker Offline
Hummingbird

There's also that weird movie "The Quiet Earth"

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""
04-12-2015 04:09 AM
WalterBlack Offline
Ostrich

(04-11-2015 01:12 PM)Tytalus Wrote:  I know I'm not a casanova or anything. I know my pick up game is rusty and out of practice. But holy shit, one could actually take clips from this series and compile a list of "never do any of these things ever" as an intro to game and even just watching that would improve a retard's game.
In fact, you could show it to blue pill people and they would get it, minus game terminology.
I think somebody do should that as a service to all mankind.

I only watch it now to see how beta he gets and how bad his game is. In the latest episode he almost lost out on a potential threesome with an older lady and a young black lady by bringing up their age and race.
04-13-2015 12:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The truth about the flat earth The bone 142 9,077 11-18-2019 02:56 AM
Last Post: Roosh
  Question for young earth creationists Delta 27 1,849 07-15-2019 12:31 PM
Last Post: True Position
  The Flat Earth Society - still going strong! cardguy 520 175,384 06-22-2019 09:25 PM
Last Post: ThriceLazarus