Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Rationalwiki reveals itself to be a shill site.
Tim in real life Offline
Woodpecker

Rationalwiki reveals itself to be a shill site.
Case in point how it portrays red pill men.

Quote:Married Man Sex Life
Abbreviation; MMSL
A series of books and an accompanying website by self-described "relationship counselor" Athol Kay, very popular in the manosphere. The central thesis is that if you're a man in an unhappy marriage, it's because you aren't alpha enough. While toxic in its own right, it's considerably less nasty and bombastic than most "red pill" literature, and is often used to put a false face on the community as a whole (who doesn't want a happy relationship?). As such, it is one of the prime vehicles for "converts" to the manosphere, and heavily responsible for the influx of the manosphere's female element.

Really, you're telling me that "ALL MEN MUST DIE" AND "ALL MEN MUST SERVE" MUST be taken LITERALLY!?

Quote:Hicel
A hicel is a "high-standards involuntary celibate" person.[9] How the celibacy is "involuntary" when the person has "high standards", we may never know.

Rationalwiki implies this as "a guy who priced himself out". Projection much?

Quote:Marriage 2.0
A neologism referring to marriage in the age of no-fault divorce. The supposed sequence of events is, that after years of acting bitchy and withholding sex, an evil American woman decides she's "unhappy," and proceeds to kick her husband out of his own house, claim half of his worldly possessions, alienate him from his children, collect "free" money every month in the form of alimony and child support, and jump into the bed of someone with better hair and optional tattoos. For bonus points, throw in a provably false accusation of domestic abuse or child molestation; most research shows that this is likely to backfire in real-world divorce or custody cases, to the point where many lawyers will tell a battered wife to keep quiet in the interest of a faster or more equitable split.

Again, more white knighting. DodgyAngry

Source: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Manosphere_glossary

I've already come to terms how the red pill is Anglocentric/Neo-Celtic, especially given the gynocentric priority that gets shoved down in the collective throats of 3rd Millennium humans.

If someone else already pointed this out, then please merge.
04-25-2015 07:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Tim in real life's post:
Seth_Rose, Handsome Creepy Eel, Captainstabbin
Old Fritz Offline
Kingfisher

RE: Rationalwiki reveals itself to be a shill site.
I was wondering if there would ever be a topic on Rationalwiki on this forum. Just last month I spent a good amount of time browsing it. I enjoyed reading the entries on conspiracy theories. They had some good information on energy and technology as well.

There is some bias when it comes to politics and social issues. They are quite harsh and critical towards Men's rights activists and the Manosphere. I have no problem with this since they do bring up good points. However, they are not nearly as harsh or critical when it comes to feminism. Type in anything remotely related to feminism, or anybody who has ever been critical of feminism, and you’ll see the issue
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2015 07:53 PM by Old Fritz.)
04-25-2015 07:50 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old Fritz's post:
Seth_Rose
Seth_Rose Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

Rationalwiki is anything but rational.

It's major bullshit that there site is based around being objective and fair, but is no such thing. It's something you would find in the USSR, where the truth is only what the Party tells you it is.

Blog - Twitter
04-25-2015 08:04 PM
[-] The following 8 users Like Seth_Rose's post:
fokker, Truth Teller, amity, Captainstabbin, username, Ocelot, tynamite, Aurini
EuphoricWizard Offline
Woodpecker

It has exiled Wikipedia editors like Ryulong, if you follow gamergate you know what a sad shell of a man he is. Not suprising they are against TRP
04-25-2015 08:13 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes EuphoricWizard's post:
Captainstabbin
Simeon_Strangelight Offline
Hawk
Gold Member

Wikipedia is at best a preliminary knowledge tool where you can find out what the mainstream media and mainstream academia thinks about a topic.

But anything going against global agendas, mainstream viewpoints and mainstream take on science will be combated with the fire of a thousand suns. Feminist organisations hold Wikipedia changing sessions, so do universities, some of the most contested sites turns out were trolled by university professors with a lot of time on their hands. Anytime someone else changed the narrative on some point, that guy changed it right back - essentially on Wikipedia one man or one feminist can dictate the knowledge for the entire world.

The only stale-mates I have seen where when two strong sides changed each other content constantly and Wikipedia had to intervene and let two approximate version stay in there - those pages have a special disclaimer. But that is rather rare. Mostly it's mainstream to the bone, because the other side does not care enough.
04-26-2015 01:37 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Simeon_Strangelight's post:
amity, Troll King, Tactician, tynamite
Wutang Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

RationalWiki basically consists of the same sort of people you would see in the Atheism Plus movement. Leftism/progressivism pretty much go hand and hand with the modern organized atheist movement.
04-26-2015 01:55 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Wutang's post:
amity, Captainstabbin, Ocelot, tynamite
Maciano Offline
Kingfisher

I once looked at RW and thought it was a site ridiculing SJW -- but they're serious.
04-26-2015 03:39 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Maciano's post:
EDantes
Roosh Offline
Eagle

Rationalwiki has long been known as an SJW hotbed, but the irony is that it's getting harder to tell it apart from Wikipedia when anything concerning gender politics is concerned.

Roosh
http://www.rooshv.com
04-26-2015 10:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 11 users Like Roosh's post:
Ocelot, TheWastelander, Big B, amity, DJ-Matt, Nitro, Captainstabbin, MiscBrah, Matrixdude, tynamite, Jean Valjean
Wutang Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

Here's how atheist SJWs put out personal ads - everyone has a mating strategy; even the people who claim that having one is weird or even unethical

http://freethoughtblogs.com/carrier/archives/7394

"I like partners who are or who have been sex workers. I also like women who have or pursue a lot of partners or who love to boast of their sexual exploits, especially over wine or whiskey or equivalent. I’m not going to get all butt-hurt or angsty over how high Your Number is. It very much has the opposite effect on me."
04-29-2015 01:30 PM
Truth Teller Offline
Ostrich

(04-29-2015 01:30 PM)Wutang Wrote:  Here's how atheist SJWs put out personal ads - everyone has a mating strategy; even the people who claim that having one is weird or even unethical

http://freethoughtblogs.com/carrier/archives/7394

"I like partners who are or who have been sex workers. I also like women who have or pursue a lot of partners or who love to boast of their sexual exploits, especially over wine or whiskey or equivalent. I’m not going to get all butt-hurt or angsty over how high Your Number is. It very much has the opposite effect on me."

Carrier is a pseudo-intellectual pushing a long discredited theory.

RationalWiki is okay on some things, like conspiracy theories. It's absolutely awful when it comes to most intellectually serious topics. For example, it basically recites Dawkins' "objections" to the Five Ways, then provides the same nonsensical conclusions that he reaches. Groupthink abounds on "Rational" Wiki.

"For you yourselves are aware that the Day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night" (1 Thess. 5:2)
04-29-2015 04:23 PM
amity Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

An old thread I know, but I inadvertently came across a few pages on RationalWiki today and sure enough, they're very much toeing the SJW line on many things.
Anything red pill related is ridiculed, MRAs are ridiculed, Roosh is ridiculed, also Stefan Molyneux is panned, they call him 'a thinking man's RooshV'!
Somehow I had thought previously they were actually a website that promotes 'rational thought', so much for that!
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2016 06:22 AM by amity.)
02-03-2016 06:20 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes amity's post:
EDantes
Handsome Creepy Eel Online
Owl
Gold Member

Eh, I think everyone knew they were a bunch of cucks for ages. Just check what they're written about atheism, Islam or illegal immigration...

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before
02-03-2016 06:22 AM
amity Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

(02-03-2016 06:22 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  Eh, I think everyone knew they were a bunch of cucks for ages. Just check what they're written about atheism, Islam or illegal immigration...

Yeh I guess I was fooled by the word 'rational' in the title, I had thought it was a counter to Wikipedia, but realise now they're just as bad, maybe even worse.
02-03-2016 06:24 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes amity's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel
EDantes Offline
Pelican
Silver Member

(04-25-2015 07:21 PM)Tim in real life Wrote:  Case in point how it portrays red pill men.

Quote:Married Man Sex Life
Abbreviation; MMSL
A series of books and an accompanying website by self-described "relationship counselor" Athol Kay, very popular in the manosphere. The central thesis is that if you're a man in an unhappy marriage, it's because you aren't alpha enough. While toxic in its own right, it's considerably less nasty and bombastic than most "red pill" literature, and is often used to put a false face on the community as a whole (who doesn't want a happy relationship?). As such, it is one of the prime vehicles for "converts" to the manosphere, and heavily responsible for the influx of the manosphere's female element.

Really, you're telling me that "ALL MEN MUST DIE" AND "ALL MEN MUST SERVE" MUST be taken LITERALLY!?

Quote:Hicel
A hicel is a "high-standards involuntary celibate" person.[9] How the celibacy is "involuntary" when the person has "high standards", we may never know.

Rationalwiki implies this as "a guy who priced himself out". Projection much?

Quote:Marriage 2.0
A neologism referring to marriage in the age of no-fault divorce. The supposed sequence of events is, that after years of acting bitchy and withholding sex, an evil American woman decides she's "unhappy," and proceeds to kick her husband out of his own house, claim half of his worldly possessions, alienate him from his children, collect "free" money every month in the form of alimony and child support, and jump into the bed of someone with better hair and optional tattoos. For bonus points, throw in a provably false accusation of domestic abuse or child molestation; most research shows that this is likely to backfire in real-world divorce or custody cases, to the point where many lawyers will tell a battered wife to keep quiet in the interest of a faster or more equitable split.

Again, more white knighting. DodgyAngry

Source: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Manosphere_glossary

I've already come to terms how the red pill is Anglocentric/Neo-Celtic, especially given the gynocentric priority that gets shoved down in the collective throats of 3rd Millennium humans.

If someone else already pointed this out, then please merge.
Don't bother with RationalWiki - it's a trash/social justice website written by "Tumblr" weirdos masquerading as a "rational website".

I've been there and it's more or less owned by fans of FreeThoughtBlogs (a far-left SJW website run by PZ Meyers, some anti-GamerGate guy who admitted to either being an outright Marxist or at least a strong sympathizer with Marxism). It also regularly uses sources such as David Futrelle's "WeHuntedTheMammoth".

There are some of the types of beliefs that the site's own admins and staff have:

*The term "grow a pair" is sexist (because it implies a person must have testicles to be male, and therefore excludes transgenders)

*National borders should be completely open (no weapons scanning at airports even for potential terrorists)

*If a man touches a woman (ex. tries to hold her hand) without asking her permission first, this is creepy

I'm not making this up.
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2016 11:39 AM by EDantes.)
02-03-2016 11:36 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes EDantes's post:
amity
EDantes Offline
Pelican
Silver Member

(02-03-2016 06:24 AM)amity Wrote:  
(02-03-2016 06:22 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  Eh, I think everyone knew they were a bunch of cucks for ages. Just check what they're written about atheism, Islam or illegal immigration...

Yeh I guess I was fooled by the word 'rational' in the title, I had thought it was a counter to Wikipedia, but realise now they're just as bad, maybe even worse.
Much much worse. It's a website written by people who thought Wikipedia was too far-right:

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/RationalWiki

Not sure if you've heard of Conservapedia (fundamentalist Christian, young earth creationist website) but it's basically the opposite side of the coin, but even worse
02-03-2016 11:43 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes EDantes's post:
amity
Phoenix Offline
Banned

Yeah its just a leftist noise fest. Nothing surprising said there. We could all come up with a pretty convincing clone of it ourselves. All you do is:
1) Think of the most degenerate position you can take on a topic, and then staying in that vein, write whatever comes into your head
2) Find people who disagree with that, and attack their character in every way you can imagine
3) Rinse and repeat

I do recommend some of the more chaotic wikipedia knock-off sites though. Encyclopediadramatica and uncyclopedia etc are a frigging riot. Sometimes I crack open a beer and have a read, trying to answer the eternal question "who the fuck comes up with this shit?". I just assume they let maniacs loose in a computer lab, and upload anything they type.
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2016 11:49 AM by Phoenix.)
02-03-2016 11:47 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Phoenix's post:
EDantes, amity, roberto
EDantes Offline
Pelican
Silver Member

(02-03-2016 11:47 AM)Phoenix Wrote:  Yeah its just a leftist noise fest. Nothing surprising said there. We could all come up with a pretty convincing clone of it ourselves. All you do is:
1) Think of the most degenerate position you can take on a topic, and then staying in that vein, write whatever comes into your head
2) Find people who disagree with that, and attack their character in every way you can imagine
3) Rinse and repeat

I do recommend some of the more chaotic wikipedia knock-off sites though. Encyclopediadramatica and uncyclopedia etc are a frigging riot. Sometimes I crack open a beer and have a read, trying to answer the eternal question "who the fuck comes up with this shit?". I just assume they let maniacs loose in a computer lab, and upload anything they type.
ED basically a site written by 4chan users about "internet memes and cultures".

It's pretty weird and disgusting, but occasionally has some funny satire - the RationalWiki article does a good job summing up what it's about.

Apparently even RW was too "white, straight, Christian, cis-centric" for some of the members and they started an even crazier website called SJWiki:

sjwiki.org/
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2016 11:53 AM by EDantes.)
02-03-2016 11:50 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like EDantes's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, Phoenix, amity
Phoenix Offline
Banned

(02-03-2016 11:50 AM)EDantes Wrote:  Apparently even RW was too "white, straight, Christian, cis-centric" for some of the members and they started an even crazier website called SJWiki:

sjwiki.org/

Nice find. That's basically 100% pure leftism. They even include all their tactics, with diagrams and charts and everything. A good read for any counter-degenerates, if one can tolerate reading through pages of brain-twisting jibberish.
02-03-2016 12:18 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Phoenix's post:
EDantes
Maciano Offline
Kingfisher

Ffs, rationalwiki was always shit.

It's like saying: "geez, anyone noticed Stormfront has it in for the Jews?"
02-03-2016 12:24 PM
[-] The following 8 users Like Maciano's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, Phoenix, SamuelBRoberts, DJ-Matt, BortimusPrime, Lizard King, username, Ocelot
EDantes Offline
Pelican
Silver Member

(02-03-2016 12:18 PM)Phoenix Wrote:  
(02-03-2016 11:50 AM)EDantes Wrote:  Apparently even RW was too "white, straight, Christian, cis-centric" for some of the members and they started an even crazier website called SJWiki:

sjwiki.org/

Nice find. That's basically 100% pure leftism. They even include all their tactics, with diagrams and charts and everything. A good read for any counter-degenerates, if one can tolerate reading through pages of brain-twisting jibberish.
No prob. This SJWiki was founded by an ex-RW admin, a "transgendered woman" who goes by "Laureli"

On the ED article it claims "Laureli" is being accused in real life of rape by several women she/he knows (yet the SJWs are complaining about Roosh allegedly wanting to "legalize rape" instead of the rapists in their own ranks).

Might want to check the ED article out - it shows just how many skeletons most of these SJWs have in their own closet.
02-03-2016 02:32 PM
EDantes Offline
Pelican
Silver Member

(02-03-2016 12:24 PM)Maciano Wrote:  Ffs, rationalwiki was always shit.

It's like saying: "geez, anyone noticed Stormfront has it in for the Jews?"
It's not totally apparent at first since it's not even honest about what it is.

At a glance it just seems to be a skeptic site for refuting "crank science" theories.

Then when you did deeper you find it's a far-left SJW cesspool dedicated to advocating pseudoscience rather than debunking it (ex. that gender is a social construct, sex isn't determined by the genitals or chromosomes but by "feelings", etc).
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2016 05:36 PM by EDantes.)
02-03-2016 05:35 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like EDantes's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, amity