Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

FIFA 16 to include Women Teams
Edelweiss Offline
Sparrow

FIFA 16 to include Women Teams
The new FIFA 16 will include women teams.

I wonder how many women play the game. I also wonder how "strong" these teams and players will be. I mostly wonder WHY they even did this.

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2015 09:20 AM by Edelweiss.)
05-28-2015 09:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Edelweiss's post:
KofiKingston
Nascimento Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

RE: FIFA 16 to include Women Teams
Jordan
05-28-2015 09:22 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nascimento's post:
KofiKingston
PrimeTime32 Offline
Woodpecker

I know which teams I'm not playing with. Funny thing is you know the developers are going to make the attributes comparable to the male teams. This is PC pandering gone full retard.

Ohshit2
05-28-2015 09:52 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like PrimeTime32's post:
KofiKingston, Akula, Porfirio Rubirosa, captain_shane
Grange Offline
Kingfisher

Will they release data showing how rarely anyone plays as those teams?

If civilization had been left in female hands we would still be living in grass huts. - Camille Paglia
05-28-2015 09:55 AM
Foolsgo1d Offline
Peacock

Plenty of female characters in games who are as strong or stronger than male counterparts. Why is this any different?

EA games saw another market to exploit and went with it. I won't buy a game with EA's hands on it regardless of some PC pandering. They're poison.
05-28-2015 09:57 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Foolsgo1d's post:
TheWastelander
Saweeep Offline
Banned

First thing I thought when I read this earlier was:

"bet those bitches are as good as the male characters in the game"
05-28-2015 10:07 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Saweeep's post:
KofiKingston, Handsome Creepy Eel, Ibagemyoutagem
Kid Strangelove Offline
Kingfisher
Gold Member

From a marketing standpoint - brilliant. Let's be real.

The Madden/FIFA/NBA2K type audiences are the same every year, the key is getting new people to buy the game with new features, modes, special editions, etc. And they just made the best possible promotion they could.

Manosphere.com - your 24/7 source of the latest posts from the manosphere

My Blog
05-28-2015 10:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Kid Strangelove's post:
KofiKingston, MMX2010, Ibagemyoutagem
Noir Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

So what?

Just don't play with them; everyone plays with only 10% of the teams and that's being generous.
05-28-2015 10:14 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like Noir's post:
Kid Strangelove, Joga Bonito, Jumppy, Enigma, MMX2010
SteveMcMahon Offline
Kingfisher
Gold Member

It's gonna be great. Apparently they've updated the stadium crowd engine to simulate the excitement of watching unattractive girls play football.

[Image: football_fans_west_2695120b.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2015 10:41 AM by SteveMcMahon.)
05-28-2015 10:40 AM
[-] The following 34 users Like SteveMcMahon's post:
KofiKingston, TheWastelander, Akula, DannyAlberta, MMX2010, Hardy Daytona, Handsome Creepy Eel, roberto, lskdfjldsf, kaotic, Nightwing, kosko, Suits, dasher, Excelsior, Avon Barksdale, DJ-Matt, polar, Ibagemyoutagem, Porfirio Rubirosa, Lizard King, Captain Gh, Ocelot, MiscBrah, Professor Fox, freeuser, FilipSRB, Vacancier Permanent, Sir Vigorous, captain_shane, Saga, Anthony A. King, eradicator, Paracelsus
African.horn Offline
Pigeon

I remember the outrage a few years ago when secret recording emerged of two commentators discussing in private their belief that it was unsuitable for a women to referee a game played by males. No surprises that Andy Gray, the commentator, was sacked by SKY Sports by popular demand after the lynch mob came after him.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2016 03:01 AM by African.horn.)
05-28-2015 10:41 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes African.horn's post:
Grange
turkishcandy Offline
Kingfisher

Just another proof that women hate that men can have fun without them, so they have to find a way to be included somehow. I'm pretty sure most female football players (ha ha) do it not because they like it, but because they want to prove to men that they can. Same thing goes for military.
05-28-2015 10:50 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like turkishcandy's post:
TheWastelander, Porfirio Rubirosa, Lizard King, freeuser, Vacancier Permanent
TheWastelander Offline
Ostrich

(05-28-2015 10:11 AM)Kid Strangelove Wrote:  From a marketing standpoint - brilliant. Let's be real.

The Madden/FIFA/NBA2K type audiences are the same every year, the key is getting new people to buy the game with new features, modes, special editions, etc. And they just made the best possible promotion they could.

I honestly doubt the kind of girls who play console video games are going to start buying FIFA or sports games just because they include women players.

What is more likely is that SJWs in EA (which is full of them according to one of my best friends who worked for EA) whined about it and got them added.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18
05-28-2015 10:58 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheWastelander's post:
African.horn
Dr. Howard Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

...and within 10 days of its release somone will have created a mod where the female teams will play naked or in bikinis. The only sad part is that 20 years ago the game developers would have included that mod as unlockable feature in the game itself.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV
05-28-2015 10:59 AM
[-] The following 14 users Like Dr. Howard's post:
MMX2010, Handsome Creepy Eel, void, kaotic, Pontifex Maximus, game_ethic, SupaDorkLooza, gajf77, GiantDwarf, Lizard King, Pinocchio, Vacancier Permanent, captain_shane, Paracelsus
DannyAlberta Offline
Kingfisher
Gold Member

I look forward to when Madden adds female teams. Watch out NE Patriots...

lol
Laugh2
Laugh5
05-28-2015 11:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like DannyAlberta's post:
pialox, Cr33pin, captain_shane
Kid Strangelove Offline
Kingfisher
Gold Member

Prediction - this thread will turn into exactly what the "Kung Jin in Mortal Kombat is Gay" thread did. I'm surprised no one has posted a Maxim spread that a female soccer player yet.

I'm curious as to how many people here are actually into sports games? EA games in particular?

EA is seriously anal about accurate player stats, meaning that a woman's team has about as much chance of beating Barcelona as Yale does of beating the Alabama Crimson Tide in the NCAA football series.
Fifa15 has over 600 teams. They are obsessed about bringing the widest range of football representation possible and including female players is a great way to go.

Personally - I'm buying FIFA16 because the series is fantastic, I recently got a PS4 and could use a great soccer game, and I could play as every team imaginable, even though when me and my buddies play "serious", it will end up mostly being Barcelona, PSG, Bayern Munich and Chelsea because that's how it's been for years. And MLS. You gotta love a virtual MLS faceoff

But I know the "women are evil and suck at sports and are taking over everything" circle jerk is very important around here. So let's get back to it

Manosphere.com - your 24/7 source of the latest posts from the manosphere

My Blog
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2015 11:53 AM by Kid Strangelove.)
05-28-2015 11:52 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Kid Strangelove's post:
Enigma, JohnyBoi95, Lizard King
Kyriarch Offline
Sparrow

Doubt anyone will care enough for this to sell them on the game.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2016 02:47 PM by Kyriarch.)
05-28-2015 11:58 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kyriarch's post:
Lizard King
RedPillUK Offline
Pelican

I would actually be behind this if the teams were given a fair ranking compared to men.

However that ranking would be impossible to do, if the lowest rated mens teams are given 1 out of 5 stars. The best rated women's team would have to be 0.1 out of 5 stars at best. I don't think womens football is even at conference level (5th division in England) and I've heard stories of pro women's teams getting massacred by male youth teams.

Oh yeah my other bit of evidence that women's football isn't anywhere close to mens. Me and my sister both play football, shes pretty good, but never been as good as me lol. Anyway she recently joined FULHAM LADIES FC in the second division and I've never been anywhere close to professional football, I'm playing sunday league football (the serious teams play on saturday here), and going to have to join a new team this summer. I also take my fitness and strength training much more seriously than her for football, yet she's at a top club and isn't too interested in eating healthy and training!
05-28-2015 12:45 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes RedPillUK's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel
Balkanite Offline
Woodpecker

Bayern Munich men vs US women's national team. Might be a close one.
05-28-2015 12:54 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Balkanite's post:
Paracelsus
Saweeep Offline
Banned

(05-28-2015 12:45 PM)RedPillUK Wrote:  I would actually be behind this if the teams were given a fair ranking compared to men.

However that ranking would be impossible to do, if the lowest rated mens teams are given 1 out of 5 stars. The best rated women's team would have to be 0.1 out of 5 stars at best. I don't think womens football is even at conference level (5th division in England) and I've heard stories of pro women's teams getting massacred by male youth teams.

Oh yeah my other bit of evidence that women's football isn't anywhere close to mens. Me and my sister both play football, shes pretty good, but never been as good as me lol. Anyway she recently joined FULHAM LADIES FC in the second division and I've never been anywhere close to professional football, I'm playing sunday league football (the serious teams play on saturday here), and going to have to join a new team this summer. I also take my fitness and strength training much more seriously than her for football, yet she's at a top club and isn't too interested in eating healthy and training!

I reckon a decent u14 boys team who took any sport seriously would give top level female teams a run for their money.

It'll be interesting to see how it's handled in the game...most people have no idea how bad women's football is...it makes MLS look good Big Grin
05-28-2015 12:57 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Saweeep's post:
Akula
Dismal Operator Offline
Kingfisher

(05-28-2015 12:57 PM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  
(05-28-2015 12:45 PM)RedPillUK Wrote:  I would actually be behind this if the teams were given a fair ranking compared to men.

I reckon a decent u14 boys team who took any sport seriously would give top level female teams a run for their money.

It'll be interesting to see how it's handled in the game...most people have no idea how bad women's football is...it makes MLS look good Big Grin

The US women's team, which has been one of the best two or 3 teams in the world for the last 25 years, regularly plays U17 boys teams and gets destroyed. I first heard about this when I was younger, as I played with a guy who was in the US U17 player pool back then. This was around 2000, right after the US won the world cup with Mia Hamm and that player who took her shirt off. The boys ran circles around them and won 6-0. Another year they won 8-2.

https://twitter.com/Floresjr_/status/194563542622543872

https://twitter.com/Floresjr_/status/194565600402612224

https://twitter.com/ShannonBoxx7/status/...6641661952

So the best womens team in the world isn't anywhere near a group of decent 15-16 year old boys. I don't mind them being included into the game, but the gameplay needs to be at about half speed for it to be accurate.
05-28-2015 01:45 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Dismal Operator's post:
floor7, Lizard King, Rutting Elephant
Akula Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

(05-28-2015 12:57 PM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

If you think women's soccer is bad try watching the WNBA (women's pro basketball). It's AWFUL (but ABC and ESPN force it down our throats every summer after the NBA playoffs are over just so women get their fair share of coverage).

2015 RVF fantasy football champion
05-28-2015 01:51 PM
floor7 Offline
Woodpecker

(05-28-2015 11:52 AM)Kid Strangelove Wrote:  Prediction - this thread will turn into exactly what the "Kung Jin in Mortal Kombat is Gay" thread did. I'm surprised no one has posted a Maxim spread that a female soccer player yet.

I'm curious as to how many people here are actually into sports games? EA games in particular?

EA is seriously anal about accurate player stats, meaning that a woman's team has about as much chance of beating Barcelona as Yale does of beating the Alabama Crimson Tide in the NCAA football series.
Fifa15 has over 600 teams. They are obsessed about bringing the widest range of football representation possible and including female players is a great way to go.

Personally - I'm buying FIFA16 because the series is fantastic, I recently got a PS4 and could use a great soccer game, and I could play as every team imaginable, even though when me and my buddies play "serious", it will end up mostly being Barcelona, PSG, Bayern Munich and Chelsea because that's how it's been for years. And MLS. You gotta love a virtual MLS faceoff

But I know the "women are evil and suck at sports and are taking over everything" circle jerk is very important around here. So let's get back to it

I can't let this comment pass. The reason being if the stats are scaled and equivalent to how they are measured on the men's teams, the women's teams would literally max out at 10 on a scale of 100 and that's being generous.

The worst teams are one or half star but they are still professional men's sides. As another poster pointed out, a strong u17 team would destroy the very best women's team - not beat, but crush.

This isn't yale vs. alabama in terms of gulf but the patriots vs. a freshman hs football team.

However, if EA actually scaled stats to be accurate between the genders (as you say they will), the public will levy claims of misogyny against EA and the backlash would be huge.

This is why they won't make them accurate thereby invalidating your post.
05-28-2015 02:05 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like floor7's post:
Akula, Blackwell, captain_shane
Goldfinger Offline
Robin

I wonder if it will allow Mens vs women's teams. And if it will allow Pepe of real madrid to slide tackle a woman? This will eventually blow up in their faces as the female teams will be too weak to enjoy or will be unrealistically good and people would lose interest.
To be honest i only used 3 different teams in total when i did play FIFA, No one is gonna use these women's team longer than 2 days of purchasing the game.

Choose your next witticism carefully Mr Bond, it may be your last.

its really precious seeing your rodent wheel excuses for brains spin endlessly
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2015 03:05 PM by Goldfinger.)
05-28-2015 03:03 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Goldfinger's post:
Suits
Gmac Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

It's all about the $$$ - too bad FIFA's in the hot seat right now. Just kidding.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2015 03:17 PM by Gmac.)
05-28-2015 03:17 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gmac's post:
Vacancier Permanent
kaotic Offline
Owl
Gold Member

[Image: WIRb9CB.gif]

When does WNBA2K15 come out ?

My Year in Review Guides 2014|2015|2016

Podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr, Cobra, and Vinman.

IF YOU HAVE DECIDED TO LEAVE RVF FEEL FREE TO DIRECT MESSAGE ME SO WE CAN STAY IN TOUCH
05-28-2015 03:20 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes kaotic's post:
Vacancier Permanent