The Paperback Of Game Is Now Available! Several retailers have begun selling the physical copy of Game with free shipping. Click Here For Full Details.

Sexual Utopia in Power - Red Ice Radio
N°6 Offline
True Player

Sexual Utopia in Power - Red Ice Radio
Quote:Roger Devlin - Hour 1 - Sexual Utopia in Power

F. Roger Devlin, Ph.D. is an independent scholar. He is the author of "Alexandre Kojeve and the Outcome of Modem Thought" and many essays and reviews in such publications as The Occidental Quarterly, American Renaissance, Counter-Currents, VDare and others. Roger joins us for a discussion on the subject of his latest book, "Sexual Utopia in Power," which is based on a number of different essays he has written throughout the years. Roger begins by laying out some of the utopian ideas that were propagated by magazines like Playboy and Cosmopolitan and became the backdrop for the sexual revolution of the 1960s. We look back to the roaring 20s, when divorce became fashionable and traditional viewpoints on morals and marriage were slowly beginning to shift. Roger explains how the selling of women as a utopian vision of sexuality was done for money by some and as a conscious effort to undermine American society by other revolutionaries coming out of the Frankfurt school. We look at the structure of herds and mating patterns in nature, and the common misconceptions that the sexual liberation of women equals more sex for men. Devlin criticizes the mainstream conservative responses to the sexual revolution, which often point to predatory men taking advantage of innocent women. He emphasizes that women have indeed been targeted with the propaganda of unconstrained sexuality, placing them in the position to control the supply and demand of sex, and therefore responsible for changing their behavior in order for societal problems to improve. Further, Devlin argues that the feminist revolution is a byproduct of the prosperity and increase in leisure time women have enjoyed since the industrial revolution, not because of oppression or mistreatment by men. In the members’ section, we jump into the hoopla of the legalization of gay marriage, the consequences of same-sex parenting, and the assault on free speech and freedom of opinions. Then, we look at how the former system of a "family income" has been replaced with "equal pay for equal work" and the disintegration of the male provisioning instinct. Roger speaks to the importance of women marrying and having children early in life, and he ties women competing in the workplace to high divorce rates. We finish the conversation by touching on the instinctual female attraction to dominant men, along with the recent frenzy over portrayals of female masochism.

http://www.redicecreations.com/radio/201...150710.php

Relevant. "Men get less sex today than they did in the past - what has happened is that the sex supply has been released to upper level men."
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2015 01:50 AM by N°6.)
07-11-2015 01:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 13 users Like N°6's post:
deathtofatties, Lizard King, Renzy, Vice, iwjan, SupaDorkLooza, KofiKingston, dog, TheMan, Phoenix, Feldeinsamkeit, Conscious Pirate, Lucky
deathtofatties Offline
Wingman

RE: Sexual Utopia in Power - Red Ice Radio
Interesting. This thread gets a bump.

07-11-2015 02:58 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes deathtofatties's post:
N°6
N°6 Offline
True Player

Quote:Devlin criticizes the mainstream conservative responses to the sexual revolution, which often point to predatory men taking advantage of innocent women. He emphasizes that women have indeed been targeted with the propaganda of unconstrained sexuality, placing them in the position to control the supply and demand of sex, and therefore responsible for changing their behavior in order for societal problems to improve.

This seems key:

1. Conservatism's white knight and Captain Save-a-Hoe position which holds that women are incapable of acting without sexual ethnics, therefore criticism of them is ungentlemanly;

2. That in the West, women have the greater influence of not only the sex supply but now over its demand too.
07-11-2015 03:56 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes N°6's post:
dog
Days of Broken Arrows Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

There is a thread on this board already about F. Roger Devlin, and this might be better off folded into that. The reason being is because that thread has some background and context on him.

http://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-42486.html
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2015 04:24 AM by Days of Broken Arrows.)
07-11-2015 04:24 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Days of Broken Arrows's post:
N°6, iwjan, SupaDorkLooza, TheMan
dog Offline
Recovering Beta

N°6 this is a really great interview, thanks for posting it. I may actually send this to some of my family members. I just got done listening to the first part and it did a great job of covering what's wrong in the world today and why we are seeing certain phenomenon. He does a great job of not delving too far into race, which I know is offputting to a lot of people. So far, it's a very good intro to our modern society as dystopia.

The only thing I would take contention with is his faith that things can "spring back" naturally, since he presupposes that children will adopt the exact same viewpoints as their parents. In my opinion, the progressive worldview is a memetic disease and can easily be spread. He actually glosses over this fact when he talks about how the people that came back from WW2 were very "mature" but still gave birth to the baby boomers who rejected the nascent traditionalism of their parents.
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2015 12:57 PM by dog.)
07-11-2015 12:57 PM
Eskhander Offline
Alpha Male

To be fair to Conversatives, while they have a way to go to addressing men's issues they do at least try.
Recently Fox News (I realize not the best source but it's mainstream so I am going with it) echoed manosphere sentiments about Yes Means Yes basically being a reinvention of chivalry...except with no expectations for the woman and lots of punitive measures on the man.
07-11-2015 03:16 PM
Simeon_Strangelight Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

He points out the important points:

+ sexual mating moves towards animalistic r-selection
+ sex has gotten actually less in society, because hotties in their prime rather than settle for the Beta will wait to be fucked occasionally by High Value Men
+ monogamy is necessary for stable society - otherwise pussy flocks to the top while 50% end up incels - currently they get sex as Beta Bucks when they are happy to marry a slut past her prime

He is right of course, but he misses part of the social engineering and the power the top really has. The elite designed the sexual revolution - this did not just "happen". Brave New World was written by Huxley who was extremely well connected (his brother Julian Huxley first president of UNESCO).

He mentions briefly that they had a sexual revolution in the 1920s, but they stopped promotion of that because it produced too many orphans - there was no social security for single mothers, abortions were slim and the pill was not there.

So I don't think it will spring back to a conservative model, because you already get in the direction of early sexualization in school, promotion via media and entertainment etc. If we were not manipulated like that, then it would go back, but there is nothing natural about it for a long time.
07-12-2015 04:16 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Simeon_Strangelight's post:
SupaDorkLooza
Suits Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

(07-12-2015 04:16 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  + monogamy is necessary for stable society - otherwise pussy flocks to the top while 50% end up incels - currently they occasionally get sex as Beta Bucks when they are happy to marry a slut past her prime

Fixed that.

I'm the King of Beijing!
07-12-2015 05:35 AM
Conscious Pirate Offline
Banned

(07-11-2015 03:56 AM)N°6 Wrote:  ... which holds that women are incapable of acting without sexual ethnics, therefore criticism of them is ungentlemanly...

Another goddamn race thread! Laugh

Nice find N°6. Reading this book now so it was a great listen at work today.
07-13-2015 01:46 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Conscious Pirate's post:
N°6
Lucky Offline
Alpha Male
Gold Member

Thanks for posting this. I remember reading Devlin's essay that was linked on Heartiste a couple years ago.

So far the book is quite good. An excerpt of what Devlin intends to explain in his book:

Quote:In short, the modern West must face up to its systematic failure to properly socialize its young, but its girls in particular. This will require many persons to abandon cherished illusions.

Here are a few of the things I attempt to explain in the essays ahead:

1. There is no more sex available to men in general today than there was before the sexual revolution; i.e., men in general did not gain at the expense of women from the sexual revolution.

2. Sex today, whether on college campuses or in the larger society, is not a “free for all.”

3. Men do not “prey upon” women.

4. Women are not naturally monogamous.

5. Women do not naturally look for “worthy” men to marry; i.e., there is no moral component to female sexuality.

6. Our current problems would not be solved if only men would “man up” and accept their traditional responsibilities.

How to handle a text message flake | ROK
07-13-2015 11:11 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Lucky's post:
Simeon_Strangelight, N°6, Conscious Pirate
Simeon_Strangelight Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

(07-13-2015 11:11 AM)Lucky Wrote:  Thanks for posting this. I remember reading Devlin's essay that was linked on Heartiste a couple years ago.

So far the book is quite good. An excerpt of what Devlin intends to explain in his book:

Quote:In short, the modern West must face up to its systematic failure to properly socialize its young, but its girls in particular. This will require many persons to abandon cherished illusions.

Here are a few of the things I attempt to explain in the essays ahead:

1. There is no more sex available to men in general today than there was before the sexual revolution; i.e., men in general did not gain at the expense of women from the sexual revolution.

2. Sex today, whether on college campuses or in the larger society, is not a “free for all.”

3. Men do not “prey upon” women.

4. Women are not naturally monogamous.

5. Women do not naturally look for “worthy” men to marry; i.e., there is no moral component to female sexuality.

6. Our current problems would not be solved if only men would “man up” and accept their traditional responsibilities.

Excellent few points addressing most of what is happening in the sexual market in the dating world.
07-13-2015 01:29 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Simeon_Strangelight's post:
N°6

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Talk radio host Michael Savage attacked by leftist in San Francisco Roosh 40 12,545 04-27-2017 11:27 AM
Last Post: Samseau
  Star Canadian Radio Host, Jian Ghomeshi's Sex Life Goes Public After Firing Nemausus 194 77,618 04-13-2017 04:15 PM
Last Post: ed pluribus unum
Question Feminazi Utopia: Men not wanted for sex, but only for extracting resources. RBerkley 16 8,382 03-05-2017 06:31 AM
Last Post: Joachim