I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Thread Closed 
Montreal Men's Meetup Group
duffdelmundo Offline
Pigeon

Montreal Men's Meetup Group
From the organizer:

"Montreal used to have a community of men that met every month to talk about topics and issues related to being a man in today's world. I myself benefited a lot from sharing and getting wisdom from other guys. I think we can start this again. I’m talking about a place where men get together and talk about self-improvement, relationships, game or the ever evolving role of man in society. It can also be a place to meet people and share yours experiences. It does not have any commerical goals and does not adhere or promote to any particular philosophy or school of thought. Rather, discussions of all school of thoughts are encouraged."

"Some history: I first joined the community about 10 years ago when I randomly met the very man organizing those meetings. It helped me quite a bit and introduced me to concepts and idea generators such as Roosh's."

Feel free to email the organizer ([email protected]) if you would like to be kept informed of the meetings. You will then be invited on our secret group on Facebook Smile

Hope to hear from you soon!

PS: Here's the group english and french description

The goal of the Montreal Masculinity Group is to be a network and a local social forum that organizes meetings where men's interests can be discussed, whether it's self-improvement, relationships, game or the ever evolving role of man in society. It is not a group that is aligned or a proponent of any particular philosophy or school of thought. Rather it's a place to get together and discuss all these ideas and our experiences. You can obviously be a fan of whatever school of thought you like and talk about it openly, as well as listen to other opinions.

Le but du Goupe Montreal Masculinity est d'être un forum de discussion et un réseau pour parler des sujets reliés aux hommes, que ce soit l'amélioration personnelle, les relations, la drague ou l'évolution de l'homme dans la société.
08-12-2015 09:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Snowplow Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

RE: Montreal Men's Meetup Group
This sounds a bit fishy after everything that has happened. Can you post links to the organizer/organization? How can we find out if this isn't a hunt to out members?

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic
08-12-2015 09:33 AM
Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snowplow's post:
vinman
duffdelmundo Offline
Pigeon

Hey Snowplow,

I met the organizer at the Roosh conference in Montreal. I am a member of this forum since 2012 and I owe this blog: http://www.duffmilito.com in which I posted two articles following Roosh's visit in Montreal. It would be a lot of work for someone that would like to hunt out members.

But I understand you could be suspicious, I guess that's a good thing after what we had to go through in MTL

Duff Milito
08-12-2015 09:50 AM
Quintus Curtius Offline
Crow
Gold Member

Good initiative, but bad judgment.

Contact members through PM, and go from there.

OP has made 6 posts since 2012 and a reputation of zero.

| qcurtius.com | Twitter
08-12-2015 10:07 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Quintus Curtius's post:
kaotic, Saweeep
The Beast1 Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

Stick around, post, get some rep, and post in the meetup section under travel.
08-12-2015 10:14 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like The Beast1's post:
Quintus Curtius, LouEvilSlugger
IvanDrago Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

Worst thread ever considering the timing and recommended method of contact.

[Image: guyCL9.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2015 10:58 AM by IvanDrago.)
08-12-2015 10:50 AM
kaotic Offline
Owl
Gold Member

[Image: LaJ9Kmo.gif?noredirect]

Hell no I wouldn't trust this or the OP especially in War Time.

6 posts no rep points and posting this during War Time Rules. Generic Gmail account also.

Sleeper account much ?

[Image: kqiu9.gif]

My Year in Review Guides 2014|2015|2016

Podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr, Cobra, and Vinman.

IF YOU HAVE DECIDED TO LEAVE RVF FEEL FREE TO DIRECT MESSAGE ME SO WE CAN STAY IN TOUCH
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2015 11:02 AM by kaotic.)
08-12-2015 11:01 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like kaotic's post:
Saweeep, IvanDrago
Saweeep Offline
Banned

Unless the account was made last week, this couldn't be any more suspicious.

Ridiculous thread.
08-12-2015 11:06 AM
H1N1 Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

No guys it's legit, let's just all hang out.
08-12-2015 11:10 AM
WanderingSoul Offline
Crow
Gold Member

[Image: trick-marketing.PNG]
08-12-2015 11:33 AM
Suits Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

Assuming that OP is legit, he's jumping to some speculative conclusions.

There are certainly meetups involving forum members who have no reps and very few posts. I've met several individuals who fell into this category and they've all been superb individuals.

I've also avoided meeting at least one forum member whose communication with me made me feel uneasy.

However, while I'm sure that there are forum members who will only meet other repped members, there are probably bigger risks than meeting someone off the forum who has a low post count and has no one to recommend him.

That being said, offering one's services to get people involved in a formalized group with a carefully written description and objective is simply putting the cart before the horse.

When forum members meet, they initially have a chance to find out what the other guy is about. No one is eager to rush into anything. It's not like you're going to become best friends with everyone you meet in life.

If OP is serious about making connections in Montreal, it would be best if he connected more directly with some members one-on-one and build up from there.

Most forum members are busy people and as such, larger meets are best organized by forum members who have a post history that suggests that they are capable of the responsibility of ensuring that the meetup with be a success and not result an unnecessary amount of awkwardness.

War time measures aside, I think that forum members are generally liable to be hesitant when someone with a non-existent post count is suddenly extremely eager to be the point man in organizing regular meetings. As a group, I think we prefer a more informal approach to meeting each other.

I'm the King of Beijing!
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2015 11:40 AM by Suits.)
08-12-2015 11:36 AM
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  If a group of girls take a picture... WestIndianArchie 7 5,602 04-21-2019 06:22 AM
Last Post: felix_vagabondo
  Amsterdam meetup infiltration Dudinator 12 4,855 10-06-2018 05:51 PM
Last Post: 456
  Which rappers and rap group are in your top 5? VisionsofGandhi 161 12,054 08-12-2018 04:17 PM
Last Post: 2 Cool 4 U