I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Cowspiracy: Westernization Factory Farming of the World
Kale_anonymous Offline
Robin

Cowspiracy: Westernization Factory Farming of the World
01-22-2016 12:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Snowplow Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

RE: Cowspiracy: Westernization Factory Farming of the World
Global warming Troll

Vegan Troll

P.E.T.A. = People Eating Tasty Animals

Gtfo

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic
01-22-2016 01:49 AM
[-] The following 11 users Like Snowplow's post:
zombiejimmorrison, kaotic, Paracelsus, FlyBoy, freeuser, DJ-Matt, MiscBrah, Rhyme or Reason, roberto, vinman, Nevsky
kaotic Offline
Owl
Gold Member

[Image: a91ca395a5899fea5ce749cf77d6b301.gif]

[Image: 201510_2158_habda_sm.jpg]

My Year in Review Guides 2014|2015|2016

Podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr, Cobra, and Vinman.

IF YOU HAVE DECIDED TO LEAVE RVF FEEL FREE TO DIRECT MESSAGE ME SO WE CAN STAY IN TOUCH
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2016 02:04 AM by kaotic.)
01-22-2016 02:04 AM
[-] The following 11 users Like kaotic's post:
Snowplow, Handsome Creepy Eel, DjembaDjemba, germanico, Canopus, kbell, billbudsocket, JacksonRev, DJ-Matt, vinman, Nevsky
zombiejimmorrison Offline
Woodpecker

Apex predator Donald Trump eats steak, any arguments you make are invalid.

[Image: trumpsteak1.jpg]
01-22-2016 02:05 AM
[-] The following 15 users Like zombiejimmorrison's post:
Phoenix, Paracelsus, Sgt, Snowplow, Horus, Handsome Creepy Eel, freeuser, Veloce, DJ-Matt, MiscBrah, JacksonRev, Seth_Rose, Geomann180, vinman, Nevsky
Horus Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

Another documentary about cattle farts causing global warming. I'm pretty sure that animals have been farting for millions of years.

I'll give you my grass-fed New Zealand steak when you pry it from my cold dead hands.
01-22-2016 05:14 AM
[-] The following 6 users Like Horus's post:
Snowplow, Handsome Creepy Eel, Rhyme or Reason, roberto, vinman, Nevsky
Handsome Creepy Eel Offline
Owl
Gold Member

USA has 38 million cows nowadays, whereas it is estimated that 30 million bisons roamed its prairies before the arrival of Europeans.

Guess the bisons don't fart.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before
01-22-2016 06:47 AM
[-] The following 6 users Like Handsome Creepy Eel's post:
Snowplow, J. Spice, estraudi, rpg, JacksonRev, vinman
Foolsgo1d Offline
Peacock

Is this guy vegan Gains from the Misc?

I never knew mankind had such power over the planet! Imagine how shocked the Sun would be, or say Jupiter when they find out all their efforts with gravity, solar winds and heat is all for nothing.

A simple 1200lb farting, shitting animal can overpower a planets ecosystem to the point where we will all be living in a greenhouse atop some mountain range due to global warming.
01-22-2016 07:26 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Foolsgo1d's post:
zombiejimmorrison, vinman
The Great Basilisk Offline
Woodpecker

The only thing you guys got from this was "cow farts"? I'm not a vegan and i intend to eat meat as long as possible, but let's not pretend that the current lifestyle prevalent to the US and most of the western countries is somehow sustainable. This is not some kind of feminist of leftist ideology thing that they insist on, but a scientific fact that researchers can measure very accurately. This forum's disdain for anything that is even remotely related to "leftist" or feminist ideologies is sometimes annoying.
Global warming for example has nothing to do with any ideology and its deniers are in my opinion on par with anti-waxxer.
Facepalm
01-22-2016 09:41 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Great Basilisk's post:
Kale_anonymous
YoungBlade Away
Hummingbird

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/...are-lying/

Quote:The climate alarmists have come up with a brilliant new excuse to explain why there has been no “global warming” for nearly 19 years.

Turns out the satellite data is lying.

And to prove it they’ve come up with a glossy new video starring such entirely trustworthy and not at all biased climate experts as Michael “Hockey Stick” Mann , Kevin “Travesty” Trenberth and Ben Santer. (All of these paragons of scientific rectitude feature heavily in the Climategate emails)

The video is well produced and cleverly constructed – designed to look measured and reasonable rather than yet another shoddy hit job in the ongoing climate wars.

Sundry “experts”, adopting a tone of “more in sorrow than anger” gently express their reservations about the reliability of the satellite data which, right up until the release of this video, has generally been accepted as the most accurate gauge of global temperatures.

This accuracy was acknowledged 25 years ago by NASA, which said that “satellite analysis of the upper atmosphere is more accurate, and should be adopted as the standard way to monitor temperature change.”

More recently, though, climate alarmists have grown increasingly resentful of the satellite temperature record because of its pesky refusal to show the warming trend they’d like it to show. Instead of warming, the RSS and UAH satellite data shows that the earth’s temperatures have remained flat for over 18 years – the so-called “Pause.”

Hence the alarmists’ preference for the land- and sea-based temperature datasets which do show a warming trend – especially after the raw data has been adjusted in the right direction. Climate realists, however, counter that these records have all the integrity of Enron’s accounting system or of Hillary’s word on what really happened in Benghazi.

Soooooo....how 'bout dat global warmin'?

YoungBlade's HEMA Datasheet
Tabletop Role-playing Games
Barefoot walking (earthing) datasheet
Occult/Wicca/Pagan Girls Datasheet

Havamal 77

Cows die,
family die,
you will die the same way.
I know only one thing
that never dies:
the reputation of the one who's died.
01-22-2016 09:51 AM
[-] The following 7 users Like YoungBlade's post:
estraudi, Handsome Creepy Eel, thoughtgypsy, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, Horus, vinman, Nevsky
germanico Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

(01-22-2016 06:47 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  USA has 38 million cows nowadays, whereas it is estimated that 30 million bisons roamed its prairies before the arrival of Europeans.

Guess the bisons don't fart.

Like duh! because they ate organic grass.

-----------------------------------
Take attention away from attention whores and all that is left is whores.

Team Backwards Primitive.
01-22-2016 10:38 AM
[-] The following 7 users Like germanico's post:
RoastBeefCurtains4Me, kaotic, Rhyme or Reason, Anabasis to Desta, DJ-Matt, Nevsky, Tex Cruise
Novus Offline
Pigeon

I eat meat and I'm by no means a vegan/vegetarian but how can you ignore or even laugh about the fact that the number of cattle worldwide has grown to more than a billion! and we invest 16.000 liters of water for 1kg of meat, thats just insane!
01-22-2016 10:52 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Novus's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, Kale_anonymous
thoughtgypsy Offline
Kingfisher
Gold Member

Haven't watched the documentary, though I think there are good reasons not to support factory farmed cows and animals. A fabricated global warming concern isn't one of them.
01-22-2016 11:09 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes thoughtgypsy's post:
Horus
KidA Offline
Pigeon

(01-22-2016 12:30 AM)Kale_anonymous Wrote:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE5Hu4DCbkQ

Whip

My response to those who have brought up this documentary in person:

Vote with your money.

If you don't like the way animals are treated, buy only humanely raised meats (grass-fed beef/chicken, free-range eggs, wild-caught fish, etc.).

These animals are raised more sustainably than factory-farmed meats as well. No grains wasted, fewer fossil fuels needed, etc.

I believe factory farming has exponentially enlarged the socioeconomic class with the means to consume meats. 200 years ago you wouldn't see poor folks in the slums eating steaks. It's always been an upper-class commodity.

Factory farming changed the game. More consumers = higher profit = lower standards.
01-22-2016 11:16 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like KidA's post:
thoughtgypsy, Kale_anonymous
RoastBeefCurtains4Me Offline
Ostrich

What we need is for the government to force people to stop doing what they want. Force them to go without meat. Force them to drive tiny cars, or better yet, force them to use public transportation exclusively. Force them to live in cramped apartments instead of single family homes. Force them to take in immigrants from hostile and utterly foreign cultures. Force them to pay over 50% taxes counting all national, local, income, property and sales taxes.

The number one problem in this world is a lack of government forcing us to do things we don't want to do. </SJW rant>

Edit: Of course, this only applies to the common folk. The right thinking elites can still enjoy all the good things in life.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2016 11:32 AM by RoastBeefCurtains4Me.)
01-22-2016 11:31 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like RoastBeefCurtains4Me's post:
Horus, rpg, Rhyme or Reason, Syberpunk
MiscBrah Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

KALE_anonymous

Posts vegan documentary

Do we have our first vegan troll?
01-22-2016 11:40 AM
[-] The following 7 users Like MiscBrah's post:
Rhyme or Reason, Anabasis to Desta, JacksonRev, Seth_Rose, vinman, Kale_anonymous, Snowplow
The Beast1 Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

[Image: Ermergerd+bern+berns_6f6082_5057290.jpg]

Edit: Had to include this one:
[Image: 2sz3khN.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2016 11:48 AM by The Beast1.)
01-22-2016 11:44 AM
[-] The following 16 users Like The Beast1's post:
YoungBlade, Rhyme or Reason, germanico, Patriarch, kaotic, Horus, KidA, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, DJ-Matt, BortimusPrime, Geomann180, vinman, Snowplow, RIslander, Nevsky, Tex Cruise
Rhyme or Reason Away
Banned

(01-22-2016 09:41 AM)The Great Basilisk Wrote:  The only thing you guys got from this was "cow farts"? I'm not a vegan and i intend to eat meat as long as possible, but let's not pretend that the current lifestyle prevalent to the US and most of the western countries is somehow sustainable. This is not some kind of feminist of leftist ideology thing that they insist on, but a scientific fact that researchers can measure very accurately. This forum's disdain for anything that is even remotely related to "leftist" or feminist ideologies is sometimes annoying.
Global warming for example has nothing to do with any ideology and its deniers are in my opinion on par with anti-waxxer.
Facepalm

tardGaytardGay

Troll
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2016 11:49 AM by Rhyme or Reason.)
01-22-2016 11:48 AM
thoughtgypsy Offline
Kingfisher
Gold Member

I'd also add, it's not always as simple as voting with your feet.

When these large agricultural and food commodity companies reach a large enough size, they can exert pressure on government that makes free market capitalism no longer relevant. They own such a huge portion of the industry that they drive the market and crush rivals.

[Image: 10+Mega-Corporations.png]

They can spend billions on marketing, lawsuits, and lobbying. They can open up the revolving door to politicians and regulators so that a senior head of the FDA can look the other way, then retire and go work for Monsanto at 2000% their former pay.

A small sustainable farm doesn't have that kind of resources, and sells a higher priced product. If they rightly advertise their product as healthier, agribusiness can get their legal teams to try to shut them down for libel. Look through your local milk section, and see the label on some: "Our farmers pledge not to use growth hormones*"

If you follow the *, it says "There is no difference between milk from cows given rBST and those who haven't" or similar. That was put there by the legal departments of huge corporations who wanted to crush the competition that might damage their reputations. From what I recall, milk from cows given rBST is banned in Canada and parts of Europe.

Your average consumer will buy whatever product is cheapest because they don't know any better. They'll be convinced by the marketing department of major food companies, and any objections will be met with: "Well, my doctor says there's no difference, and the FDA approves it. Why would they lie?"

To cut through the BS and get to the truth requires a cynical approach and hours of independent research. That is something that is beyond the normal consumer, so their money will always go to the most cheapest and convenient option. All that money drives the market and cements the status of the big guns.

I don't have any hard solutions, but I will say that awareness is growing. Food red pill?
01-22-2016 12:36 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like thoughtgypsy's post:
roberto, KidA, Horus, debeguiled
Horus Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

(01-22-2016 12:36 PM)thoughtgypsy Wrote:  [Image: 10+Mega-Corporations.png]

While I recognize most of these logos, I couldn't find one brand of foodstuffs that I regularly consume. Where does meat, vegetables and fruit come into this picture? Or are they controlled by separate companies?
01-22-2016 12:56 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Horus's post:
debeguiled, billbudsocket, zombiejimmorrison
thoughtgypsy Offline
Kingfisher
Gold Member

(01-22-2016 12:56 PM)Horus Wrote:  While I recognize most of these logos, I couldn't find one brand of foodstuffs that I regularly consume. Where does meat, vegetables and fruit come into this picture? Or are they controlled by separate companies?

Eh, good point. I'm ignorant when it comes to the production and distribution of whole foods. I would still assume that the majority of fresh fruit, vegetables, and meats are produced through industrial means simply because it makes the most economic sense.

For the fruit and vegetables, they'd be grown using petroleum based fertilizer, over time depleting the soil and depriving them of vitamin and mineral content. Also subjected to endocrine disrupting pesticides.

For the meats, unless specified, they'll be given growth hormones, raised in feedlots and fattened up on soy or corn based gruel to increase their saturated fat content. They'll be given antibiotics to kill the lactobacteria in their stomachs that might help break down the food they eat, leading to greater fat deposition and faster weight gain.

It all comes down to bringing the highest volume of meat to market as fast as possible at the lowest price. Consumers will always go for that unless they know what to look for.
01-22-2016 01:22 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like thoughtgypsy's post:
Horus, debeguiled
Surreyman Offline
Kingfisher
Gold Member

(01-22-2016 12:56 PM)Horus Wrote:  [quote='thoughtgypsy' pid='1198841' dateline='1453484178']

While I recognize most of these logos, I couldn't find one brand of foodstuffs that I regularly consume. Where does meat, vegetables and fruit come into this picture? Or are they controlled by separate companies?

The pictograph assumes that you're another of the mindless brand-following drones across the western world. It's a safe assumption that the majority of the men of this forum are above that kind of rubbish.

The British like to think they're better than Americans, but they're not at all. Cadbury for instance: owned by the US conglomerate Kraft and producing chocolate with so much vegetable oil added that it cannot legally be sold as chocolate in Spain. Yet British people will think of a little factory in Bourneville, run by Quakers on the principles they believed in. Absolute nonsense of course, probably over 100 years out of date.
01-22-2016 01:24 PM
Horus Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

(01-22-2016 10:52 AM)Novus Wrote:  I eat meat and I'm by no means a vegan/vegetarian but how can you ignore or even laugh about the fact that the number of cattle worldwide has grown to more than a billion! and we invest 16.000 liters of water for 1kg of meat, thats just insane!

I would be willing to bet that this data is a dishonest representation of the truth. For example, it wouldn't surprise me if they included rainfall when calculating the amount of water needed to grow the grain and grass used for animal feed. If I'm correct, I would think that a majority of that 60000 liters comes from rainfall. If precipitation is measured as 1mm of rainfall=1 liter of water per square meter, then 60000liters of rain would fall on a 10x10m piece of land per year if the yearly precipitation were 600mm. When put into perspective, 60000 liters isn't such a frightening number.

Please correct me if I'm talking bullshit as I have almost zero knowledge on the topic. It's just something that came to mind
01-22-2016 01:25 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Horus's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, billbudsocket
JacksonRev Offline
Kingfisher
Gold Member

It's not cow poo you have to worry about.

[Image: Gid+fucking+gud+india_465efb_5765990.jpg]
01-22-2016 01:31 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like JacksonRev's post:
Surreyman, Syberpunk
Horus Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

^^^
So India is literally the center of the shit storm.
Mindblown

I was swimming at the beach in South India a few months ago.
Barf
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2016 01:38 PM by Horus.)
01-22-2016 01:36 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like Horus's post:
thoughtgypsy, vinman, Kale_anonymous, MiscBrah
Surreyman Offline
Kingfisher
Gold Member

(01-22-2016 01:36 PM)Horus Wrote:  ^^^
Mindblown

I was swimming at the beach in South India a few months ago.
Barf

You swam in India?!

You know they shit on the non-tourist beaches? Just like the railway lines.
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2016 01:38 PM by Surreyman.)
01-22-2016 01:37 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Surreyman's post:
Horus

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Farming Was Spread By People Originating In Greece numanist 70 25,097 08-08-2017 09:13 PM
Last Post: numanist
  "When Factory Jobs Vanish, Men Become Less Desirable Partners" Jean Gabin 1 2,187 03-06-2017 04:12 AM
Last Post: Simeon_Strangelight
  Most Patient Cop In The World Arrests Most Irritating Chick In The World Snurby 50 23,433 08-01-2015 04:13 PM
Last Post: mpr