I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Poll: Which one?
Soft 6 well versed in intellectual subjects
Hard 9 dumb as a sack of rocks
[Show Results]

Which one would you rather settle with?
the Thing Offline
Kingfisher
Gold Member

Which one would you rather settle with?
As the subject implies.

I know most of you guys wouldn't settle until you find someone hot AND smart, so would I, but this is a hypothetical situation where you can't get both. Otherwise this thread would be in the Game forum and not here.

Of course you're allowed to slay on the side but assume that you'll be spending most of your time with this chick.

Edit: Assume the 6 is someone that has both high IQ and EQ, shares your beliefs and you can have a great conversation with.

Also assume that the 9 claims she's on birth control but you don't have a way of knowing if it's true nor you know for sure if she's a gold digger or not.

“Our great danger is not that we aim too high and fail, but that we aim too low and succeed.” ― Rollo Tomassi
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2016 09:33 AM by the Thing.)
01-22-2016 08:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The Black Knight Offline
Pelican

RE: Which one would you rather settle with?
(01-22-2016 08:59 AM)the Thing Wrote:  As the subject implies.

I know most of you guys wouldn't settle until you find someone hot AND smart, so would I, but this is a hypothetical situation where you can't get both. Otherwise this thread would be in the Game forum and not here.

Of course you're allowed to slay on the side but assume that you'll be spending most of your time with this chick.

The dumb 9.

Smart does not equal pleasant; which I think is far more important. There are plenty of smart bitches in the world who are giant pains in the ass to deal with it. I'll take a pleasant chick over a smart one any day.

I won't settle until I find hot AND pleasant.

Smart? Go move to DC if you want a 6 who is "smart" and you get back to me on how that works out for ya. tard
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2016 09:12 AM by The Black Knight.)
01-22-2016 09:11 AM
[-] The following 11 users Like The Black Knight's post:
Remington, zombiejimmorrison, DJ-Matt, El Chinito loco, Sir Vigorous, Matrixdude, eatthishomie, username, Kangaroo, HankMoody, spokepoker
The Beast1 Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

(01-22-2016 09:11 AM)The Black Knight Wrote:  
(01-22-2016 08:59 AM)the Thing Wrote:  As the subject implies.

The dumb 9.

Smart does not equal pleasant; which I think is far more important. There are plenty of smart bitches in the world who are giant pains in the ass to deal with it. I'll take a pleasant chick over a smart one any day.

I won't settle until I find hot AND pleasant.

Smart? Go move to DC if you want a 6 who is "smart" and you get back to me on how that works out for ya. tard

This^^^

Pleasantness is the variable that we don't know here and is more important than intelligence. The girl i'm with now isn't the smartest girl i've ever been with (been with PhD candidates) , but she's pleasant and kind which is all I need.
01-22-2016 09:15 AM
[-] The following 6 users Like The Beast1's post:
amity, Handsome Creepy Eel, General Mayhem, DJ-Matt, HankMoody, spokepoker
zombiejimmorrison Offline
Woodpecker

The 9 hands down, even if the 6 is more pleasant, I'd rather hate fuck a 9 than make love to a 6
01-22-2016 09:27 AM
the Thing Offline
Kingfisher
Gold Member

Hm. Then I should rephrase the question. Assume the 6 is someone you can have a great conversation with.

I voted for the 9 as well, but anyway I assumed that the 6 being pleasant was quite clear.

Can't edit the poll so I added it to the original post

“Our great danger is not that we aim too high and fail, but that we aim too low and succeed.” ― Rollo Tomassi
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2016 09:31 AM by the Thing.)
01-22-2016 09:28 AM
Mage Offline
Banned

I have never actually met a hard 9 as dumb as rocks.

Looks are markers for genetic fitness, intelligence included.

The false dichotomy between beauty and smarts in women is created by betas and other jealous women.

Therefore I find this question rather hard to answer properly because deep down I don't believe it's authenticity. I can't force myself back into a paradigm that would view this question as serious.

My answer would probably vary depending on what is meant with "settle"

But please OP do not try to clarify the conditions even more - this would ruin the purity of the question and also you would cheat yourself into driving people closer to the answer that you want them to give.

Also I already voted for 9 before I could think too much about this, that was my gut reaction.
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2016 11:31 AM by Mage.)
01-22-2016 11:27 AM
[-] The following 10 users Like Mage's post:
DamienCasanova, Handsome Creepy Eel, Horus, Ocelot, Dr. Howard, Wutang, Matrixdude, zombiejimmorrison, spokepoker, Samseau
MiscBrah Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

Hard dumb 9 no doubt.

I don't go to women for any sort of intellectual stimulation.
01-22-2016 11:33 AM
RoastBeefCurtains4Me Offline
Ostrich

The question for me is which one is sweeter. I'd take a sweet 9 over a 6 that is well versed in intellectual subjects, but if the 9 is bitchy, I'd fuck her but wouldn't want a relationship with her.

Since this is a hypothetical, I'm going to assume I'd have hand in the relationship with the 9, which is really all it takes for them to be sweet. Therefore, I'll take the dumb 9. I can talk about intellectual things with men.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage
01-22-2016 11:38 AM
masoud_akbari Offline
Banned

Bit of a weird hypothetical question for me, but Ill contribute anyway

Id go with the 6, because you will probably get bored of fucking the 9 anyway after 2-3 years. I assume you mean settle for like 10-20 years?
01-22-2016 11:39 AM
Easy_C Offline
Crow

TBK beat me to the punch. To me "pleasant" trumps almost anything else,within reason of course. An average looking girl with a kind heart and loving attitude is better than a perfect 10 who is a raging bitch....both of which are better than an average, smug, "mah careerz!" type woman.
01-22-2016 11:40 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Easy_C's post:
Wutang
Easy_C Offline
Crow

(01-22-2016 11:27 AM)Mage Wrote:  I have never actually met a hard 9 as dumb as rocks.

Looks are markers for genetic fitness, intelligence included.

The false dichotomy between beauty and smarts in women is created by betas and other jealous women.

There's also a difference between genetic "smarts" and developed smarts. I've run into a lot of people who have great brains but have never learned how to use them. The few ultra-hot chicks I've known fall into this category because they can almost always get what they want more easily by using looks than by using their brains.
01-22-2016 11:42 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Easy_C's post:
Horus
Dalaran1991 Offline
Ostrich

Why do you need women for intellectual company?

Being well versed in intellectual subjects would wreak havoc on her personality.

Upity 6 bitch who thinks she knows stuffs? Lose-lose situation.

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie
01-22-2016 11:52 AM
MikeS Offline
Pelican

I can't even stand being around a dumb woman for a few months.
I know "smart" can come with its own vast set of problems as it relates to women (in this example I'm going to assume that the intelligent 6 isn't a snarky bitch), but without good conversation (doesn't have to be high brow, intellectual conversation, in fact it really shouldn't be) and partially shared sense of humor I get fed up with a girl very quickly.
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2016 11:55 AM by MikeS.)
01-22-2016 11:54 AM
Phoenix Offline
Banned

Anyone who thinks a 9 can't be as dumb as a sack of rocks has never been to Australia.

But obviously still gets the vote. I'll supply the brain if she supplies the body. Figure that gives the best chance for the next generation versus a genius in a fucked up body. Life's tough enough without being born top-heavy.
01-22-2016 12:32 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Phoenix's post:
Rutting Elephant, Windom Earle, spokepoker
kaotic Offline
Owl
Gold Member

The 9 hands down ! Is that even a question ?

Men can have intellectual conversations, I'd rather have them with them anyways.

Instead of a women filled with useless knowledge or a double major in underwater basket weaving and women studies.

High probability the 9 is more submissive than the intellectual 6. She's probably alot more fun than the 6.

Even with my ex 8, I didn't talk to her much about intellectual subjects because she couldn't understand where I was coming from. She didn't have a professional job, she was a bartender. Never went to college.

She was still more fun than my past relationship, and also more submissive and caring. Compare that with an attention whoring/career whoring girl, in my previous relationship before her.

A hard 9 will give you more SMV in the long run that a mediocre soft 6.

Another point is, why settle for either ? There are so many women in this world to approach, hangout, and bang.

Bang out both and keep on moving, never settle.

My Year in Review Guides 2014|2015|2016

Podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr, Cobra, and Vinman.

IF YOU HAVE DECIDED TO LEAVE RVF FEEL FREE TO DIRECT MESSAGE ME SO WE CAN STAY IN TOUCH
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2016 12:56 PM by kaotic.)
01-22-2016 12:40 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like kaotic's post:
robreke, spokepoker
General Mayhem Offline
Kingfisher

I was with a cheerleader in college who was going for law, pretty high IQ girl. I could tell she really valued my intelligence and I loved being around her because she submitted to me intellectually.

And looks aside, I would rather be stuck with a high IQ bitch than a dumb chick who thinks she is smart. There is nothing more abrasive than dumb people who think they are smart.
01-22-2016 12:45 PM
Pride male Offline
Hummingbird

I will take the 6. I have been with cute girls who have nothing to say, they just sit there like a sack of potatoes. No thanks. In the long run the dumb 9 will get old anyways. The 6 will still be smart.

Don't debate me.
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2016 12:48 PM by Pride male.)
01-22-2016 12:46 PM
Days of Broken Arrows Offline
Crow
Gold Member

I already went the smart woman route with my marriage. I learned the hard way that smart, well read, and intellectual does not mean a woman will make good decisions with her life.

When she ended up with an illness, her intelligence led her to "do a Steve Jobs" (to paraphrase one of my friends) and think she knew better than the doctor. So she refused standard medical treatment. For THREE years.

I can't even begin to tell you the domino effect that had on destroying both our lives.

Had I married a stupid woman, she'd have responded to the (very respected) doctor like anyone else: "Sure, I'll get the injection." And I'd probably be screwing her now, not sitting here still bitter and writing to you all.

Go with the idiot. She just might be smarter when all is said and done.
01-22-2016 12:51 PM
[-] The following 9 users Like Days of Broken Arrows's post:
MiscBrah, Captainstabbin, AnonymousBosch, username, Windom Earle, spokepoker, Enigma, Bazzwaldo, tarquin
Phoenix Offline
Banned

@ pride ^ Yeah that's fine, I get that all the time but I'm chill about it. No woman has ever even approached my intelligence, so why would I expect that of them. Their job is to be girly and nice so I can be at peace and happy, not help me answer deep philosophical questions.
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2016 12:52 PM by Phoenix.)
01-22-2016 12:51 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Phoenix's post:
AnonymousBosch
kaotic Offline
Owl
Gold Member

I'm curious if we could do a poll on the age spectrum of everyone being polled and responding.

I wonder if there is a correlation with older age, you want someone whose an intellectual.

versus with younger age, you want a smokeshow.

IF YOU HAVE DECIDED TO LEAVE RVF FEEL FREE TO DIRECT MESSAGE ME SO WE CAN STAY IN TOUCH
01-22-2016 12:58 PM
Pride male Offline
Hummingbird

Rich 6>poor 9.
Sweet 6>evil 9.
Funny 6>boring 9.
Tight 6>loose 9.
Young 6>old 9.

Don't debate me.
01-22-2016 01:04 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like Pride male's post:
Captainstabbin, The Beast1, not_dead_yet, blacknwhitespade, username
Captainstabbin Online
Hummingbird

The hard 9 - I could easily educate her to my liking. The already smart girl would resist reeducation protocols.

Even so, pleasantness, conservatism, strong parenting skills, sexual enthusiasm, desire and ability to help implement my life plans and the ability to love self-sacrificially would trump the extra 3 points.
01-22-2016 01:05 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Captainstabbin's post:
blacknwhitespade
RoastBeefCurtains4Me Offline
Ostrich

(01-22-2016 12:58 PM)kaotic Wrote:  I'm curious if we could do a poll on the age spectrum of everyone being polled and responding.

I wonder if there is a correlation with older age, you want someone whose an intellectual.

versus with younger age, you want a smokeshow.

I'm in my 50's. I probably would have gone for brains when I was younger, but I know better now. Women are like children at a certain level, and they like you best when you give them room to let that childishness out. When you place expectations on them to be rational and have conversations like a man, you just end up with a less happy relationship. This is as true with smart women as with dumb ones.

I've seen the difference in women I knew before and after I took the red pill, when I stopped trying to talk to them like men. They are much happier when you relate to them as semi-childlike beings, even when they are older as well.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage
01-22-2016 01:22 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like RoastBeefCurtains4Me's post:
kaotic, Captainstabbin
kaotic Offline
Owl
Gold Member

(01-22-2016 01:04 PM)Pride male Wrote:  Rich 6>poor 9
Sweet 6>evil 9.
Funny 6>boring 9.
Tight 6>loose 9.
Young 6>old 9.

Laugh3

Flip the script, what then ? Not going to go for the 9 ? Laugh

Rich 6 - Let's say she's intelligent to boot, her standards are going to be high and unsatisfied. An ugly spoiled rich girl? Pass

Sweet 6 - Sure she's nice and sweet, but you'll get sick of her, while passing boring 9's.

Funny 6 - Every girl think she's "funny" nowadays, pass.

Tight 6 - Sure that's nice, but even a loose 9 will give you a boner.

Old 9 - If they're old, they aren't 9's to begin with.

None of these scenarios implies you're locking a bitch down.

No man should have to settle.

01-22-2016 01:22 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like kaotic's post:
Captainstabbin, Comte De St. Germain, Goldfinger, spokepoker
Captainstabbin Online
Hummingbird

(01-22-2016 01:22 PM)kaotic Wrote:  
(01-22-2016 01:04 PM)Pride male Wrote:  Rich 6>poor 9
Sweet 6>evil 9.
Funny 6>boring 9.
Tight 6>loose 9.
Young 6>old 9.

Laugh3

Flip the script, what then ? Not going to go for the 9 ? Laugh

Rich 6 - Let's say she's intelligent to boot, her standards are going to be high and unsatisfied. An ugly spoiled rich girl? Pass

Sweet 6 - Sure she's nice and sweet, but you'll get sick of her, while passing boring 9's.

Funny 6 - Every girl think she's "funny" nowadays, pass.

Tight 6 - Sure that's nice, but even a loose 9 will give you a boner.

Old 9 - If they're old, they aren't 9's to begin with.

None of these scenarios implies you're locking a bitch down.

No man should have to settle.

I get both sides of this. Sure you can flip it both ways - and I chose the 9 - but I can't fault a guy for valuing a fun, young, chaste, sweet girl from a good family.
01-22-2016 01:38 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Captainstabbin's post:
blacknwhitespade, Windom Earle

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Why you don't settle lawsuits (Fox News Edition) Enoch 7 8,193 04-26-2017 02:17 AM
Last Post: Simeon_Strangelight
  Vegans can't have any meat so they settle for attention Oz. 42 19,404 10-02-2016 01:55 PM
Last Post: spokepoker
  "To My Fellow Women, Please Don't Settle" XPQ22 33 14,169 04-13-2016 06:58 PM
Last Post: Scoundrel