I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Bringing Back Men-Only Clubs
Heinrich von Geobbels Offline
Sparrow

Bringing Back Men-Only Clubs
The traditional gentleman's club I am referring to is not the strip joint popularized with billboards along America's highways, but the clubs that were popular in London, England and various American cities from the 18th and early 20th centuries. The Wikipedia article is located here.

Though some are still in existence, without exception they are now all open to women and any men-only club that opened today would immediately be sued if any woman was denied admittance.

However, a friend of mine made a decision that he was going to start a men-only club and this was how he was going to do it:

1. Being employed with a six-figure income, he was going to purchase a house that had a very large first floor.
2. The second floor would be his private residence separated by lock and key from the first floor. Technically, and here is the legal fine point, the entire home would be his private residence.
3. In his plan, the first floor would have contained a bar, a library, an exercise room, a shower room, a dining room, and a social room.
4. As this was his private residence, "membership" would have been by his invitation only with specific times when the "club" would be open.
5. Women were forbidden. No allowances made. This was his private residence and he had the legal right to decide who was and was not allowed on his property.
6. There would have been an agreement that "members" would pay a reasonable fee for upkeep of the club with regular donations of books to the library and alcohol to the bar.
7. There was a reasonable dress code. Not fancy, but cut-off jeans were considered bad taste.
8. As he was the patron of the club and the wealthiest member, he had no concerns in shouldering most of the financial burden which was minimal, but still 55% of the total which kept him legally in control at all times. As he was reasonably socially skilled and a pleasant personality, none of us had a problem with him maintaining control.
9. And here was the part that got me most excited. Members were to act as patrons and mentors to each other helping improve the quality of each others lives, very similar to the cry, "One For All and All For One."

Sadly, before he could institute his plan, he suffered a tragedy and his plan came to naught, but the idea always fascinated me.

So, in light of the cancellation of Roosh's International Meet-Up Day, I wanted to plant a potential idea in somebody's head. We may not be able to do anything publicly, but there is something behind the philosophy of guerrilla tactics of moving behind the scenes silent and invisible.

For all the conspiracy theories about secret societies running the world, well...who is to say we cannot become a secret society of our own.

Thoughts?
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2016 10:13 AM by Heinrich von Geobbels.)
02-05-2016 10:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Heinrich von Geobbels's post:
Going strong, Castelnau, Tytalus
Suits Offline
Banned

RE: Bringing Back Men-Only Clubs
02-05-2016 10:17 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Suits's post:
2Wycked
Sparrow

Of course, there are simpler venues as well:

1. A group of men meeting in a back room in some bar on a regular basis.
2. A group of men using an already established venue to form an informal private sub-group such as within a church, a VFW, a public meeting room, a library, etc.

Basically, what inspired me about my friend's vision was that final point that mirrored the advice of Napolean Hill in his book, Think And Grown Rich, that was the creation of what he called a "Mastermind Group or Mastermind Alliance." To quote from a definition:

"Mastermind groups offer a combination of brainstorming, education, peer accountability and support in a group setting to sharpen your business and personal skills. A mastermind group helps you and your mastermind group members achieve success. Participants challenge each other to set powerful goals, and more importantly, to accomplish them. The group requires commitment, confidentiality, willingness to both give and receive advice and ideas, and support each other with total honesty, respect and compassion. Mastermind group members act as catalysts for growth, devil’s advocates and supportive colleagues. This is the essence and value of mastermind groups."
02-05-2016 10:19 AM
Sparrow

(02-05-2016 10:17 AM)Suits Wrote:  Dupe, dupe, dupe:

https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-33420.html
https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-33882.html
https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-17605.html

Looks like you can't keep a good topic down. It keeps resurfacing. ;-)
02-05-2016 10:22 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Heinrich von Geobbels's post:
redpillage
C-Note Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

From what I understand, there are male-only clubs in major cities around the world. They are operated by extremely affluent gentlemen, are invitation only, and are not publicized. As you say above, a cheaper and easier alternative is just to start with a small group of guys that you know and reserve a private room at a local pub or restaurant each week for the get togethers and go from there. You should be aware that if your group starts to generate a sizeable following feminists will eventually try to mock, crash it, and/or shut it down.
02-05-2016 10:30 AM
cascadecombo Offline
Ostrich

(02-05-2016 10:17 AM)Suits Wrote:  Dupe, dupe, dupe:

https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-33420.html
https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-33882.html
https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-17605.html

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3618]

Because a picture is worth a thousand dupes.
02-06-2016 07:18 PM
Easy_C Offline
Crow

Still worth keeping fresh. Such organizations do exist....motorcycle clubs, fraternal clubs( many of which are on the other side), and other such groups. The VFW and other vet halls are similar in most places.

The way to structure this as a members only nonprofit. Maintain a token level of civic engagement and have multiple levels of membership.....an organization within itself so that subversives won't even know that they aren't seeing the real work before they get kicked out.
02-06-2016 11:47 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Easy_C's post:
Heinrich von Geobbels
muscless Offline
Robin

In Australia we have discrimination laws that won't allow such a thing anymore. Even tho many of our gyms have "women only" gym areas.

Same shit with a child's birthday party, they can't just invite their friends, they have to invite the whole class to the party.

http://www.realsexism.com
Can you handle the truth? https://youtu.be/zCpjmvaIgNA
Why Foreign Women Are Better Than Westernised Women http://www.returnofkings.com/22358/10-re...ican-women
02-07-2016 01:26 AM
Cr33pin Online
Peacock
Gold Member

[Image: join_the_no_ma__am_by_mastahyogah.jpg]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2016 01:45 AM by Cr33pin.)
02-07-2016 01:45 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cr33pin's post:
redpillage
TooFineAPoint Offline
Pelican

(02-07-2016 01:26 AM)muscless Wrote:  In Australia we have discrimination laws that won't allow such a thing anymore. Even tho many of our gyms have "women only" gym areas.

Same shit with a child's birthday party, they can't just invite their friends, they have to invite the whole class to the party.

How is that enforced? Do they have a ministry of birthdays? Or is it the busy-body teachers at their school? This just seems absolutely unenforceable to me...
02-07-2016 01:52 AM
Hades Offline
Banned

If the male only club succeeds and serves as a hub for business dealings, promotions, etc, while excluding the dead weight motherfuckers invariably employed at any business, then its days are numbered as female careerists will take note and sue everybody for discrimination. That's why when we had a men's only happy hour after work, we made sure not to tell anybody, especially the womenfolk.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2016 02:09 AM by Hades.)
02-07-2016 02:07 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Hades's post:
Surreyman, Heinrich von Geobbels
captain_shane Offline
Banned

I don't think it would be as hard as you guys are saying. Freemason lodges are men's only, the gym "curves" is women only.

I don't think there's a gender discrimination law when it come's to private clubs.
02-07-2016 12:49 PM
RIslander Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

As a Los Angeles resident, I can confirm that every bar I've ever been to is 'men only'.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT
02-07-2016 12:59 PM
[-] The following 8 users Like RIslander's post:
Laner, rudebwoy, Paracelsus, Teddykgb, Gorgiass, redpillage, Kingsley Davis, Perspicacity
Hank Offline
Pigeon
Gold Member

(02-07-2016 12:49 PM)captain_shane Wrote:  I don't think it would be as hard as you guys are saying. Freemason lodges are men's only, the gym "curves" is women only.

I don't think there's a gender discrimination law when it come's to private clubs.

Yeah, Augusta, the golf club which holds Masters every year was men-only just few years ago and was perfectly legal.

Freedom of association.
02-08-2016 07:15 PM
Rush87 Offline
Ostrich

(02-07-2016 12:59 PM)RIslander Wrote:  As a Los Angeles resident, I can confirm that every bar I've ever been to is 'men only'.

As an Australian resident I can also confirm that the vast majority are men only bars. When I find one that isn't I'll be sure to let the forum know.
02-08-2016 07:21 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rush87's post:
philosophical_recovery
Rush87 Offline
Ostrich

(02-07-2016 01:26 AM)muscless Wrote:  In Australia we have discrimination laws that won't allow such a thing anymore. Even tho many of our gyms have "women only" gym areas.

You have to be joking? Absolutely ridiculous...
02-08-2016 07:22 PM
Gimlet Offline
Woodpecker

You want a cigar bar that has private lockers for your favorite whisky/whiskey. Those are 90% men of quality.
02-08-2016 07:25 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like Gimlet's post:
Comte De St. Germain, Beyond Borders, C-Note, Kingsley Davis
EDantes Offline
Pelican
Silver Member

There's always fraternal societies like the Freemasons.
02-08-2016 08:29 PM
Comte De St. Germain Away
Crow
Gold Member

Two words: Cigar Lounge.

Best networking and real straight talk kind of club you should ever join. The one I locally visit is a hole in the wall but the wisdom that is dropped has enlightened me in ways I can't even describe. It'd be like describing RVF and the red pill to your average schmuck.

Cigar lounges are hubs of intelligence and wisdom. Every time I have anything problematic on my mind and I go it ends up being cleared up.

It might be a hard choice if I had to choose between never visiting the forum and never visiting a cigar lounge ever again. Odds are I'd pick cigar lounges.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2016 09:29 PM by Comte De St. Germain.)
02-08-2016 09:28 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like Comte De St. Germain's post:
Beyond Borders, C-Note, debeguiled, Heinrich von Geobbels, Kingsley Davis
Numbers Man Offline
Pigeon

There should still be a few clubs that you can join that are still the preserve of men only, I know there are several within Australia. Otherwise meeting up with several other men who share similar beliefs achieves the same purpose it can be a couple of beers after playing sports or in a meeting room in a library. IMO the venue is unimportant it is having a quality membership that ensures that the 'club' can be successful.
02-09-2016 05:55 AM
JWLZG Offline
Banned

A simple Wikipedia and news search would've yielded a realm of information.

It's simply false to say that they've without exception thrown open their doors to women. Some of them are still men-only, the top tier, while no longer the bastion of elitism it once was, still boasts many of our capitals' who's who amongst their number.

I've been to events in 2 of those clubs -- for a wedding and an Air Force Officers' Dining In Night. While both genders were of course present at those events, the actual membership and admittance to associated events were very much restricted to men. I'm actually on the waiting list for another of them.

(02-07-2016 01:52 AM)TooFineAPoint Wrote:  

How is that enforced? Do they have a ministry of birthdays? Or is it the busy-body teachers at their school? This just seems absolutely unenforceable to me...

(02-08-2016 07:22 PM)Rush87 Wrote:  You have to be joking? Absolutely ridiculous...

Yep haven't you heard? The Birthday Police enforces such conduct rigorously as part of our schools' Equity, Tolerance and Diversity Conditioning. The guilty birthday child will be made to deliver flowers with a letter of apology that promises their unconditional friendship. Otherwise, their parents will be made to wear purple hats at Parent-Teacher interviews marking them out as elitist bigots.

. . . Seriously, I wouldn't be so quick to swallow the bullshit that more than ocassionally gets peddled on this forum. My step-sister is 14 and I would've heard of it long ago if that truly was being practised.

tard
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2016 07:12 AM by JWLZG.)
02-09-2016 07:10 AM
Sparrow

(02-09-2016 07:10 AM)JWLZG Wrote:  A simple Wikipedia and news search would've yielded a realm of information.

I linked to the Wikipedia article on my original post, but the Sydney Morning Herald article was very interesting. However, I was not surprised to read this in the article:

This week Attorney-General Rob Hulls signalled these traditional club prerogatives — dating back to the 19th century — might soon be history. He told The Age he supported a rewrite of the Equal Opportunity Act 1995, which would no longer automatically exclude private clubs — there are also two women-only clubs, The Alexandra and the Lyceum — from anti-discrimination laws.

The need for such institutions is IMHO very high and would be beneficial to a lot of men. It will be sad to see them have to have to go underground.
02-10-2016 11:00 AM
C-Note Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

(02-10-2016 11:00 AM)Heinrich von Geobbels Wrote:  
(02-09-2016 07:10 AM)JWLZG Wrote:  A simple Wikipedia and news search would've yielded a realm of information.

I linked to the Wikipedia article on my original post, but the Sydney Morning Herald article was very interesting. However, I was not surprised to read this in the article:

This week Attorney-General Rob Hulls signalled these traditional club prerogatives — dating back to the 19th century — might soon be history. He told The Age he supported a rewrite of the Equal Opportunity Act 1995, which would no longer automatically exclude private clubs — there are also two women-only clubs, The Alexandra and the Lyceum — from anti-discrimination laws.

The need for such institutions is IMHO very high and would be beneficial to a lot of men. It will be sad to see them have to have to go underground.

One reason that feminists want to eliminate mens-only clubs is to do away with any honor, status, or prestige that could accrue to men from being members of such a club that wouldn't be available to women. Women don't care about joining such a club, they're just satisfied with making the membership non-exclusive. If the clubs are driven underground, that still fulfills, for the most part, the feminist agenda because most men wouldn't be able to publicly reveal their membership in one of the those clubs.
02-10-2016 11:33 AM
Welshguy39 Offline
Pigeon
Gold Member

If anyone wants more info about Freemasons just drop me a message.

Won't say much on a public forum but happy to answer any questions in private
02-10-2016 02:22 PM
serge68 Offline
Pigeon

Can we PLEASE have a secret club called patriarchy?
02-10-2016 02:37 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The NASA Love Triangle: Women Astronauts Bringing Irrational Drama To The Profession ---- 5 2,109 03-20-2019 05:25 PM
Last Post: Robert High Hawk
  Matchmaking Service Sued by Older Woman Millionaire for Not Bringing her a Unicorn HankMoody 51 19,679 08-11-2017 12:12 AM
Last Post: Cattle Rustler
  The US Army to help soldiers by bringing pussy to the front line. Sourcecode 25 19,498 05-27-2016 05:15 AM
Last Post: T and A Man