Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Poll: Place Yourself On A Masculinity Scale
Raving Alpha
Bad Ass
Normal Dude
Beta Male
Pussy
Drag Queen
Conchita Wurst
[Show Results]

Britain: Only 2% of young men feel completely masculine
redpillage Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

Britain: Only 2% of young men feel completely masculine
This was posted over in the 'R.I.P. London' thread in the political section but I believe that it deserves its own listing in the main loop:

Quote:Younger generations of British people don't see themselves as completely masculine or feminine - and 'masculinity' tends to be seen as a negative word by young men.

In a new three-part documentary artist Grayson Perry explores British masculinity in some of its most extreme locations – cage-fighters in the north east, in the police and among bankers in the City. With suicide now the biggest killer of men under 50 in Britain, one conclusion of the programme is that men (like cage fighters) who most inhabit their masculine identity can actually be the most comfortable talking about their feelings. In an era when defined roles for men such as mining have fallen by the wayside, it may be necessary to embrace masculinity in other ways.

New YouGov research reveals the scale of the generational shift in terms of how young people perceive their own masculinity, and to a lesser extent femininity. On a scale of 0-6, where 0 is completely masculine and 6 is completely feminine, only 2% of young men (aged 18-24) define themselves as totally masculine, compared to fully 56% of men over 65.

[Image: genderAge.png]

Even including the second highest level of masculinity, there's a 56% gap between male 18-24s (18% at level 0 or 1) and over 65s (74%), and a 28% gap between 25-49s (46%) and over 65s.

There is a dramatic difference between young and old women on their self-defined level of femininity as well, but not quite as large. Only 39% of 18-24 year old women say they are almost entirely feminine (at level 5 or 6) compared to 77% of over 65s.

American men are much more likely to think of themselves as exclusively masculine. Overall 42% of American men say they are completely masculine, compared to 28% of British men.

[Image: USUKgender.png]

Both young men and young women have a lower opinion of 'masculinity' than older people, but young men are harsher critics of the concept than young women. In contrast, the majority of young men (58%) have a positive impression of 'femininity', as do the majority of young women (55%). Overall 'femininity' has a net positivity score of +56 compared to +44 for 'masculinity'.

[Image: masc.png]

What does 'masculinity' mean? Perhaps contrary to expectations, our research finds little correlation between identifying as more masculine and finding it harder to talk to friends or family about personal problems. Men in general (44%), and particularly young men (36%), are less likely to say they find it easy to talk to friends about issues than women (53%), however. And men at the top two levels of masculinity are more likely (64%) to have had a physical fight than men who place themselves elsewhere on the scale (56%).

See the full poll results

Frankly I'm shocked to see this - the Brits of my youth always used to be highly unapologetic about their masculinity. Admittedly I'm an old dog now and for me and my contemporaries the idea of declaring yourself anything less than completely masculine would have been simply unconceivable, bordering the ridiculous. That it now has become the norm in Britain completely boggles the mind. I'm speechless.

I think that pretty much puts the death knell into what remains of the formerly proud British Empire. Or perhaps worse - to quote Vonnegut's 'Fate Worse Than Death':

"Let not eternal light disturb our sleep, O Cosmos, for Thou art merciful. Deliver me, O Cosmos, from everlasting wakefulness. On that dread day when the heavens and earth shall quake, when we shall dissolve the world into glowing ashes in the name of gods unknowable, I am seized with trembling and I am afraid until that day of reckoning shall arrive. Hence I pray, Deliver me, O Cosmos, from everlasting wakefulness on that day of wrath, calamity and misery. Rest grant us, O Cosmos, and let not light perpetual disturb our sleep."
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2016 04:57 AM by redpillage.)
05-28-2016 04:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Ethan Hunt Offline
Kingfisher
Gold Member

RE: Britain: Only 2% of young men feel completely masculine
Doesn't surprise me at all. We've seen this trend occurring for a while with all the posted stories of cucking and other shit coming out of Britain lately. They tried to ban the sport of rugby in schools because it is "too violent". A female colleague was telling me that when her son was in junior school they were not allowed to build guns out of lego. One boy naturally built a lego gun and his parents were called in for a meeting about it. They are being taught from a young age that masculinity is a bad thing so it really is no surprise whatsoever that only 2% of millennial consider themselves to be completely masculine.

I fit in the 18-24 category and speaking to others in that group many of the men are pathetic. Not knowing how to change a lightbulb or the oil in a car. The large problem here is many of them are raised by single mothers so would never have someone around to teach them stuff. So it no wonder they are confused. Lets not forget that this group had the biggest number of university attendance too and we all know how leftist these institutions are.
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2016 05:18 AM by Ethan Hunt.)
05-28-2016 05:16 AM
Saweeep Offline
Banned

I'm surprised it's this high.
05-28-2016 05:28 AM
[-] The following 7 users Like Saweeep's post:
DCM, Handsome Creepy Eel, Ocelot, MiscBrah, UroboricForms, Solus, Vaun
N°6 Offline
Ostrich

The self-hating 18-24 group is going to form resentment for the 18-24 group of women at their prime SMVs and produce the next Elliot Rodgers.

Devil's advocate: Didn't "The Way of the Superior Man" suggest that most heterosexual men where about 70-80% masculine?
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2016 05:39 AM by N°6.)
05-28-2016 05:34 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes N°6's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel
cubanlinx Offline
Woodpecker

This doesn't surprise me. I'm more interested about the results of the poll.

*rubbing hands*
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2016 05:41 AM by cubanlinx.)
05-28-2016 05:40 AM
Benoit Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

(05-28-2016 05:34 AM)N°6 Wrote:  Devil's advocate: Didn't "The Way of the Superior Man" suggest that most heterosexual men where about 70-80% masculine?

That's a sign of cultural subversion, the normal and natural is made out to be something abnormal.

Caring about someone or something is called "being in touch with your feminine side", as if a man's natural state is being a cold emotionless robot.

Rinse and repeat for many more human features, indoctrinate children from birth to believe the new order, and you end up with perfectly normal men who believe they're partially feminine.

"I'd hate myself if I had that kind of attitude, if I were that weak." - Arnold
05-28-2016 06:01 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Benoit's post:
Ocelot, FlyBoy, Alsos
Paracelsus Offline
Crow
Gold Member

As many 18-24 women have a favourable view of masculinity as 18-24 men have an unfavourable view of it. And as they get older, they get more in favour of it.

British alphas, put on your floaties, you're swimming in a sea of pussy that want what you've got. And you have much less competition for it.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2016 06:07 AM by Paracelsus.)
05-28-2016 06:06 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Paracelsus's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, Gustavus Adolphus, FlyBoy, spokepoker
N°6 Offline
Ostrich

Anyone got a statistic showing how many men currently 18-24 are bastards or have been brought up by a single mother?
05-28-2016 06:13 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like N°6's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, Kona
Paracelsus Offline
Crow
Gold Member

(05-28-2016 06:13 AM)N°6 Wrote:  Anyone got a statistic showing how many men currently 18-24 are bastards or have been brought up by a single mother?

Given the divorce rate has been hovering around the 50% rate in the West since roughly the 80s-90s or so, I'd say the bastardry or paternal deficit syndrome rate must be hovering somewhere in that region.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm
05-28-2016 06:15 AM
Ethan Hunt Offline
Kingfisher
Gold Member

(05-28-2016 06:13 AM)N°6 Wrote:  Anyone got a statistic showing how many men currently 18-24 are bastards or have been brought up by a single mother?

This link says 25% but I don't know how accurate.

It also says it has been a constant rate for around a decade now. Also mentioned that 41% of children brought up my single parents (namely mothers) were in poverty. Compared with 24% of 2 parent families. Also a single mother is over 10 times as likely to live in poverty compared with a single father according to Illinois uni, can assumed same rate applies to UK.

25% of single mothers seems to be lower than I would have thought though.

The most credible source, office is national statistics says 2M single parents of which 1.8M were women. Which again represents 25% cited by first link. A single parent was most likely to have 1 child.

Also what might be worth noting is the number of men living with parents between ages of 15 to 34 is higher in every sub demographic compared with women.

Can view the stats in the supplied links below.

http://www.gingerbread.org.uk/content/365/Statistics

http://aces.illinois.edu/news/single-mot...tudy-finds

http://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationan...2015-11-05
05-28-2016 06:48 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Ethan Hunt's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, N°6
Rush87 Offline
Ostrich

And in totally unrelated news, only 2% of young men in Britain are getting laid.
05-28-2016 08:25 AM
Glaucon Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

Poor youngsters probably does not even know what masculine means anymore.

Deus vult!
05-28-2016 08:28 AM
Foolsgo1d Offline
Peacock

Their version of masculine is going to the gym, using Instagram, Snapchat and selfies in the mirror. Sociopathic metrosexuality and the persuit of gains and fame has overtaken traditional masculinity.
05-28-2016 09:24 AM
[-] The following 7 users Like Foolsgo1d's post:
N°6, Saweeep, EDantes, Conscious Pirate, UroboricForms, Solus, Surreyman
Leonard D Neubache Offline
Owl
Gold Member

Thread poll is beta-heavy on the options.

Reckon you need two more at the top end or two less on the bottom.

Regardless, ranking your masculinity is difficult. I take a trip into the city and I feel like Zeus. I take a trip down to the local agricultural supply store and I feel like Steve Urkel.

God demands of Man responsibility. God demands of Woman vulnerability. These are their curse and blessing alike. Libertianism is to Man as Feminism is to Woman.
05-28-2016 10:13 AM
Space Cowboy Offline
Woodpecker

The poll isn't that great. 0-6, and only a 6 is counts as completely masculine. Very few British people (or Europeans) would ever give themselves the top mark in anything-- it's called the "tall poppy syndrome".
05-28-2016 10:16 AM
AboveAverageJoe Offline
Banned

Suicide is the number one cause of death of men under 50 in Britain? Jeezus, British slags must be miserable, fat, unbearable kuntz.
05-28-2016 10:19 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like AboveAverageJoe's post:
EDantes, Handsome Creepy Eel
frenchcorporation Offline
Kingfisher

1 in 50? too high, honestly.
05-28-2016 11:01 AM
Kingsley Davis Offline
Ostrich

The owners of the #1 baby boy name in Britain will see to that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ll-it.html

"Some people don't think it be like it is but it do".
05-28-2016 11:05 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kingsley Davis's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel
spokepoker Offline
Hummingbird

I've never thought of british men as a whole as being masculine.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""
05-28-2016 11:25 AM
philosophical_recovery Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

(05-28-2016 11:25 AM)spokepoker Wrote:  I've never thought of british men as a whole as being masculine.

05-28-2016 11:38 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes philosophical_recovery's post:
spokepoker
EDantes Offline
Pelican
Silver Member

No wonder nationalism is becoming more popular in Europe and worldwide; no man really wants to be molded into some liberal pansy.

[Image: article-2311162-0DFF9CF500000578-508_634x414.jpg]

[Image: English-Defence-League-006.jpg]
05-28-2016 06:08 PM
N°6 Offline
Ostrich

^My instinct is that the likelihood of nationalism gaining any sort of influence in the UK is lower than anywhere else in Europe.
05-29-2016 03:58 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like N°6's post:
redpillage, EDantes
CactusCat589 Offline
Kingfisher

Hard to feel masculine when you just let rapefugees gangrape your women and don't do anything to stop it. I would imagine that would make a great plurality of Brits feel impotent.
05-29-2016 04:19 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes CactusCat589's post:
redpillage
Matsufubu Offline
Pelican

Is this perhaps in part to do with the control of language? As has been previously stated, 'masculinity' to many is now a dirty word, so younger men are keen to disassociate themselves from it. No doubt that men are less masculine than they were, but perhaps the word itself has something to do with it.
05-29-2016 04:45 AM
Captainstabbin Offline
Hummingbird

I wonder if the wording doesn't influence the result. If I'm honest, I'm not "totally masculine". I spent half an hour talking about superhero movies with a friend yesterday, I wouldn't call that masculine. I wouldn't call being wordy on a message board (even this one) to be particularly masculine.

The lower numbers for the under 25 crowd could be due to old fashioned rebellion against parents. "Dad's a dick, I don't want to be like him." Then, when you have your own family, realizing that he wasn't a dick, he was making tough choices for his kids...often without cooperation from a modernist wife. You start to appreciate, even admire, the masculinity that you resented. I suspect that, if you made the age grouping 16-19, 19-22 and 22-25, you'd see a steady decline in the disapproval of masculinity as these kids enter the workforce and start their own family.
05-29-2016 07:00 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Captainstabbin's post:
Leonard D Neubache

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Britain , the center of cocaine consumption in Europe Goni 28 3,470 06-11-2019 07:04 AM
Last Post: Psygnosis89
  The war on the Masculine and Feminine Deusleveult 22 2,415 04-27-2019 11:31 PM
Last Post: ArcticTraveler
  How to create a masculine economy Vladimir Poontang 2 1,206 09-26-2018 08:24 PM
Last Post: TheMaleBrain