I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

African-American Women Now Top the List of Most-Educated Group in the Country
JayMillz Offline
Hummingbird

African-American Women Now Top the List of Most-Educated Group in the Country
http://www.alternet.org/gender/black-wom...le-america

http://www.harshjustice.org/#!AfricanAme...4271dfbfa8

A new study finds that African-American women achieve the highest outcomes of any demographic by race and gender.

Statistics on black women and education have shown them leading all other gender and racial groups for a few years now. More than half of all black women specifically between the ages of 18 and 24 are enrolled in college, and black women overall outpace other race and gender groups in terms of college enrollment, according to the National Center of Education Statistics/U.S. Census numbers.

While those figures are noteworthy, a new report goes beyond mere enrollment numbers to show that black women also have the highest numbers where degree-earning is concerned. The findings, also issued by the National Center of Education Statistics, indicate black women led every other race and gender group in this area.
06-04-2016 02:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
fugly1000 Offline
Robin

RE: African-American Women Now Top the List of Most-Educated Group in the Country
Lol. Got to supports those kids they have some how.
06-04-2016 02:54 PM
Germanicus Offline
Kingfisher

RE: African-American Women Now Top the List of Most-Educated Group in the Country
How many of these black women who are enrolled go the distance and earn their degree?

And how many of them did a degree that wasn't Women's Studies or African-American Studies?

And if it was a ___ Studies program or general humanities degree which group of heterosexual men are most at fault -- white men for institutional racisms and patriarchal oppression when they can't get a job with their shiny new B.A or black men for refusing to man up, marry or LTR, and help pay off the student debt of these sassy, credentialed, independent ladies?
06-04-2016 03:14 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Germanicus's post:
Just_Die
Repo Online
Hummingbird

Wonder how many of these degrees are from for profit colleges preying on the lower class.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2016 03:53 PM by Repo.)
06-04-2016 03:53 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Repo's post:
scrambled, Tim in real life, Kingsley Davis
2Wycked Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

(06-04-2016 02:54 PM)fugly1000 Wrote:  Lol. Got to supports those kids they have some how.

Women are generally presented with two life choices: careerhood or motherhood. These women are overwhelmingly childless. They are more likely to confront being childless in their forties than having worked through school to support their children in their early 20's.

(06-04-2016 03:14 PM)Germanicus Wrote:  How many of these black women who are enrolled go the distance and earn their degree?

And how many of them did a degree that wasn't Women's Studies or African-American Studies?

And if it was a ___ Studies program or general humanities degree which group of heterosexual men are most at fault -- white men for institutional racisms and patriarchal oppression when they can't get a job with their shiny new B.A or black men for refusing to man up, marry or LTR, and help pay off the student debt of these sassy, credentialed, independent ladies?

Most degrees nowadays aren't worth more than a warm cup of piss. Different personalities are attracted to black or women's studies majors than more marketable degrees like education or business administration, but the IQ difference is very little. The people in all of those majors will still be clicking around on their Huff Po or Fox News app on their phone -- looking for content that "relates to them" -- thinking their 3.0 in education is better than the 3.2 the other guy/girl/zhe got in black studies.

My take is this: this looks like a race and sex issue -- it certainly involves black people and women, but it is not. This is about how America -- the so-called "system" -- works. Whether black women go all in on their education and career or have children young and work a series of menial jobs the rest of her life is irrelevant -- as long as she is all in on the production/consumption lifestyle, she is good to go. She can be Stella and have her groove, to the tune of 200k in student loan or 50k in back child support owed to her, it's all good.

However, this applies to ALL women. White, black, Asian, tranny, whatever. They are shunted in two directions: housewife or corporate/bureaucratic climber. If you protest and say, "Well that isn't even true, women can go hybrid and prioritize the home while managing a small business online -- it's never been easier!" Well, duh, Sherlock you really cracked that one wide open -- yes, we know that, but women are not sent that message that on purpose. They either need to prop up corporate America either by breaking their back to "get ahead" or spend their life awash in aspirational messages in media so they most assuredly will spend all their money on Huggies or Hondas or heels that "send a message about her."

It should be carefully noted that Asian, Indian and Arabic women are winning the career carousel and white women are acutely aware of this. Hence, we get litanies of articles about black oppression and the state of black women because they aren't a threat to any white woman.

Whether or not black women find any happiness or meaning in any of this is entirely up to them; I hope they do, but since the stars are aligned against meaning and happiness for the average person in America, I doubt it. They are victims in many ways of how American works generally, without considering any latent baggage for being black. Still, they were promised equal access and opportunity would lead to success and fulfillment. Whoops, joke's on them -- it doesn't really work that way for most any American, but hey, maybe they can swing a hot and steamy affair with a wealthy white man as a consolation prize, a la Scandal.

Old Chinese Man Wrote:  why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2016 03:59 PM by 2Wycked.)
06-04-2016 03:57 PM
[-] The following 13 users Like 2Wycked's post:
Quintus Curtius, booshala, Comte De St. Germain, Tactician, Prince Machiavelli, Buck Wild, Germanicus, MMX2010, 262, azulsombra, kinjutsu, Benoit, Nevsky
BortimusPrime Offline
Ostrich

Funny, there's only one black chick in my Computer Science classes and she's Nigerian, not American.
06-04-2016 03:59 PM
Sumanguru Offline
Kingfisher

...more than Asian-American women? Really?

And if black women are doing so awesome, how does this explain hard up places like Detroit and Baltimore?

There has to be a lot of context here that I'm missing.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2016 04:13 PM by Sumanguru.)
06-04-2016 04:10 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sumanguru's post:
Prince Machiavelli
Kona Offline
Crow
Gold Member

Most of them are probably enrolled at screwball online/storefront colleges like University of Phoenix.

Those things are just another way to squeeze money out of the government with grants and loans. Just another form of welfare.

Maybe they go to my favorite one University of Maryland University College. http://www.umuc.edu

I'm gonna open Uncle Kona's University School College Teachers University College.

Aloha!
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2016 04:14 PM by Kona.)
06-04-2016 04:13 PM
[-] The following 9 users Like Kona's post:
spokepoker, Quintus Curtius, Comte De St. Germain, Prince Machiavelli, Buck Wild, Samseau, Akula, Nevsky, Kingsley Davis
8ball Offline
Kingfisher

Black women are also at the lowest income bracket which is the perfect example of how useless college has become. I currently make 6 figures, and did a tech degree years ago although most of the stuff i learned and use now was through online free courses, tutorials and general work experience. Meanwhile there might be a black women with 2 majors, 3 minors, a master, $80 000 debt going hard for that 55k government job(if she'z lucky). Those types of jobs aren't given to young people so these bitches keep taking courses, degree after degree and loan after loan. Its one giant pyramid scheme.

The title should read: Black women are the biggest victims of the "American Education Ponzi Scheme"
06-04-2016 05:39 PM
[-] The following 8 users Like 8ball's post:
Scoundrel, Repo, Germanicus, AboveAverageJoe, scrambled, DamienCasanova, Nevsky, MKE-Ed
Sumanguru Offline
Kingfisher

(06-04-2016 05:39 PM)8ball Wrote:  The title should read: Black women are the biggest victims of the "American Education Ponzi Scheme"

http://thelastpsychiatrist.com/2013/01/n...would.html

Alone Wrote:I don't want to be cynical, but boy oh boy is it hard not to observe that at the very moment in our history when we have the most women in the Senate, Congress is perceived to be pathetic, bickering, easily manipulated and powerless, and I'll risk the blowback and say that those are all stereotypes of women. Easy, HuffPo, I know it's not causal, I am saying the reverse: that if some field keeps the trappings of power but loses actual power, women enter it in droves and men abandon it like the Roanoke Colony. Again we must ask the question: if power seeking men aren't running for Senate, where did they go? Meanwhile all the lobbyists and Wall Street bankers are men, isn't that odd?
06-04-2016 05:50 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like Sumanguru's post:
Tactician, MMX2010, Phoenix, kmhour
LeeEnfield303 Offline
Pelican

...and nobody gave a fuck...

Лучше поздно, чем никогда

Those that see...will prepare.
06-04-2016 06:57 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes LeeEnfield303's post:
scrambled
Samseau Offline
Owl
Gold Member

Well there we go now, racial equality has been achieved, time to end affirmative action.

Contributor at Return of Kings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.
06-04-2016 07:18 PM
[-] The following 7 users Like Samseau's post:
BlackHat, spokepoker, wi30, Phoenix, 8ball, DamienCasanova, Tim in real life
la bodhisattva Offline
Kingfisher
Silver Member

(06-04-2016 03:53 PM)Repo Wrote:  Wonder how many of these degrees are from for profit colleges preying on the lower class.

I immediately thought that as well. Living in the Baltimore/DC area, there are a lot of reputable universities within a rather small radius. Based on my observations from my Tinder days, the majority of non-black females listed JHU, U of MD, Loyola, GWU, American, and Georgetown as their alma mater. You'd be pressed to find a black girl listing something other than Coppin St, Morgan St, or Bowie St. I don't want to diminish the steps anyone takes in improving themselves through education, but enrollment in those schools, while admirable to an extent, certainly is not indicative of future success.

Like others have said, I'll be impressed when those students are enrolled in STEM, Law, and Business. I suspect many are AA studies or some bastardized sociology majors.
06-04-2016 07:26 PM
[email protected] Offline
Pelican

It conveniently doesn't say what majors or income or whether employed. It's a meaningless statistic without more details. More educated might just mean having mortgage-size debt with no house. The student loan bubble is bubbling and I'm interested to see what government s will do to bail out all these female loan defaulters with degrees in underwater basket weaving. I'm sure many men will bail some of them out but what about the rest? With a service based economy men are having trouble propping themselves up without having to worry about a woman's debts.
06-04-2016 07:45 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes [email protected]'s post:
Merenguero Offline
Crow
Gold Member

(06-04-2016 07:26 PM)la bodhisattva Wrote:  
(06-04-2016 03:53 PM)Repo Wrote:  Wonder how many of these degrees are from for profit colleges preying on the lower class.

I immediately thought that as well. Living in the Baltimore/DC area, there are a lot of reputable universities within a rather small radius. Based on my observations from my Tinder days, the majority of non-black females listed JHU, U of MD, Loyola, GWU, American, and Georgetown as their alma mater. You'd be pressed to find a black girl listing something other than Coppin St, Morgan St, or Bowie St. I don't want to diminish the steps anyone takes in improving themselves through education, but enrollment in those schools, while admirable to an extent, certainly is not indicative of future success.

Like others have said, I'll be impressed when those students are enrolled in STEM, Law, and Business. I suspect many are AA studies or some bastardized sociology majors.

I agree with this, but I know many successful people who went to Morgan State or Bowie State, especially Morgan State.
06-04-2016 08:33 PM
MajorStyles Offline
Kingfisher

I worked in the for-profit college system for several years. This is where many of these women have graduated from, as one of the posters pointed out.

The spike in degree attainment has been fostered by a rise in “group work”; this was largely pioneered by University of Phoenix, the for-profit school that has a high number of female students—black and otherwise. The trend has now been adopted nationwide since the late 1990’s. Even traditional colleges include a “group work” assignment, which can be a large part of one’s final grade.

In my opinion, the purpose of instilling “group work” has been twofold:

1) It waters down the final grade, allowing subpar students to pass (such as young single mothers with limited reading ability)

But more importantly…

2.) It teaches men that they are obligated to work with women

The second reason is the problematic one. As many people on this forum will attest to, the large majority of women make terrible coworkers: office gossip, attention whoring, complaining, etc. The wise man eventually learns that he is better to strike out alone. He doesn’t need to bring any women along, just because somebody told him the “teamwork is important” cliché. Yes, teamwork is important—with the right team. But the right team usually consists of tier-one alpha males.

The end result is that many entrepreneurial men feel obligated to include women in their enterprises. Their business will invariably suffer until they learn that this idea is a crock of shit. The narrative was packaged to them by the feminine imperative, masked as a college curriculum.

In short, I see a “story inside the story” here; it’s as much about men being slowed down in their various enterprises as it is about women becoming more intellectually competent.

"Action still preserves for us a hope that we may stand erect." - Thucydides (from History of the Peloponnesian War)
06-04-2016 08:36 PM
[-] The following 7 users Like MajorStyles's post:
Goldin Boy, spokepoker, philosophical_recovery, MMX2010, Benoit, Prince Machiavelli, Akula
T and A Man Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

All this says is one thing.

How many are enrolled. Enrollments are occurring through tax payer funded gratuity yeah?

There's a difference between credentialed, and educated. Somewhat with a parchment from a diploma mill spouting worthless shit isn't educated.

So the value is determined by empiricism.

What benefits are they producing? How productive are they?

I'd guess the marginal improvement is close to zero, and its only record student debt paying for it.
06-04-2016 09:02 PM
CynicalContrarian Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

Does a humanities degree or a gender studies degree actually make one educated?

Detail that said degree has allowed one to create a viable vocation that doesn't trample on the lifestyle of other folk & I may be impressed.
06-04-2016 09:22 PM
MajorStyles Offline
Kingfisher

"...but hey, maybe they can swing a hot and steamy affair with a wealthy white man as a consolation prize, a la Scandal."

That's funny. I know a black gal that fits this story to a tee. Overweight, cranky, single mother of four, pushing paper in some office. She's mounting thousands of dollars in debt to get a degree in Human Services (i.e. cubicle work).

What's her favorite show? You guessed it...Scandal.

I guess that deep down, she's hoping to make a hypergamous leap. Not a small one mind you...more like Evil Knievel trying to jump the Snake River.

"Action still preserves for us a hope that we may stand erect." - Thucydides (from History of the Peloponnesian War)
06-04-2016 09:24 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes MajorStyles's post:
Deepdiver Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

Under the Obama Administration, there has been a massive surge in MWBE Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprises given preferential access to all types of federal contracts especially within the GSA and massive preferential hiring in the Federal Govt across the board and this massive minority bureaucracy surge will be the legacy of Obamunism for the lifetime of these bureaucrats.

Just visit any government contracting convention and see who is winning contracts and who the contracting "officers" are ... it is all public information.

Common Joke is that Contracting Officers love 3fers... Black Women Military Service Disabled in a HUB or Historically Underutilized Business Zone - Set asides are 5% + 8% for MWOBE Minority Women, 3% for Service Disabled (7% Inside the VA Contracting Empire) and 3% set asides for HUB zones. Adds up...

Every Federal Agency and Top 100 Prime Contractor has an Office of Small Disadvantaged Business Utilization targeted and measured by how well their Agencies meet these set asides. Contract Officers are tasked to visit these businesses and if they see a MWOBE staffed primarily with Minority and Women employees they are virtually guaranteed profitable contracts.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2016 09:31 PM by Deepdiver.)
06-04-2016 09:29 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deepdiver's post:
Akula
Goldin Boy Offline
Pelican

(06-04-2016 04:10 PM)Sumanguru Wrote:  ...more than Asian-American women? Really?

And if black women are doing so awesome, how does this explain hard up places like Detroit and Baltimore?

There has to be a lot of context here that I'm missing.

Those women don't live there. Those women with their BA's in underwater basket-weaving will most likely go childless. Their dearth of kids will give them more disposable income they can use keep the retail industry afloat and make their minimum (exorbitant) student loan payments.

In spite of all this academic success: The Black community is still mired in poverty, out of wed-lock children and sky-high STD and crime rates(and higher rates of homosexuality). Degrees aren't the answer but no one acknowledges this. Most Black-Americans will just double-down on the "We need more educated Black women" mantra.

To me this just highlight a glaring obvious human truth: Female success or achievement is superfluous and irrelevant to the success of a population. The Black community is about 25 years ahead of mainstream America when it comes to "go-girlism" between events like "Black Girls Rock" and Oprah building special girls-only school in Africa it's clear the Black woman has been mollycoddled and given positive reinforcement at every turn.

Men lead, women follow. When the beta men are supported by their community they succeed and women turn to(marry and fuck) them for resources. If these same people and organizations invested a third of the money in black boys they did in black girls, you'd see all those negative stats I referenced before reversed in a generation or less.

(08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  ...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.
06-04-2016 09:31 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Goldin Boy's post:
262, Sumanguru
Germanicus Offline
Kingfisher

(06-04-2016 05:39 PM)8ball Wrote:  ...most of the stuff i learned and use now was through online free courses, tutorials and general work experience.

OT: Got a data sheet somewhere on the forum or some links to these courses? /OT

But yes, I notice it's always ambitious women who have a mania for credentialism and wanting to take official university courses of dubious worth. A man into self-improvement usually just wants the knowledge unless he needs that diploma or course on his resume for whatever reason.
06-04-2016 09:32 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Germanicus's post:
Sumanguru
AboveAverageJoe Offline
Banned

Most educated? Surely they mean most degreed per their statistical demographic.
Most educated, really?
06-04-2016 09:42 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes AboveAverageJoe's post:
scrambled
Vaun Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

and now the most in debt.
06-04-2016 09:42 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Vaun's post:
CynicalContrarian, spokepoker, Goldin Boy
beta_plus Offline
Pelican

I'm a data analyst who works in the DC area, and it is extremely rare for me to see AA women in IT and quantitative research who I'm not very suspicious are affirmative action.

I have worked for one who was actually quite good and had majored in STEM (applied math). But that's out of dozens, and of course she was a single mom which caused problems with her telecommuting but prohibiting me from doing so.
06-05-2016 10:48 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Two American Women Reported Me to the Police for Farting on Tram (Wasn’t Me Though) david.garrett84 36 4,261 05-18-2019 04:30 AM
Last Post: Huxley Badkin
  If a group of girls take a picture... WestIndianArchie 7 5,612 04-21-2019 06:22 AM
Last Post: felix_vagabondo
  African Supremacist tries to burn alive 50 European kids, but MSM is not interested. Going strong 22 3,489 03-22-2019 10:28 PM
Last Post: Garuda