Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Men are the true Romantics, can someone explain this to me?
TheDuncan Offline
Woodpecker

Men are the true Romantics, can someone explain this to me?
I have heard many times on here and on ROK that Men are the true romantics contrary to popular belief.

So I watched this movie with my girlfriend, called Begin Again, it follows this girl who is with a rising musician (Adam Levine of Maroon 5) and as he gets bigger and gets a deal he cheats on her and comes clean, she then meets a druken producer who recently lost his job and he tries to make her make an album because he sees the talent.

Along the way the two start to feel for each other, meanwhile the ex comes back and tries to get back with her, the producer on the other hand has had his ex wife cheat on him and was gonna leave until the guy she was cheating with backed out of their arrangement to tell their partners and get together but left her cold (presumably an alpha, smash and dash), so they end up sleeping in different rooms until they divorce, they also have a daughter which he gets closer to throughout the movie.

So by the end of the movie she realizes that the ex is never gonna change and will forever be consumed by the Rock Star syndrome, she then realizes she has feelings for the producer and runs back to him only to find him preparing to move back in with his ex wife (what the fuck? Give up a hot dime piece to stay with a wife that cheated??)

Anyway, in this movie we have a young woman who is confused about what she wants and hasnt lived enough to see how people really are, we have a rockstar who probably has feelings for the girl but cant give up endless pussy, and a middle aged man who still has feelings for a wife that cheated and was ready to drop him first taste of alpha cock.

This movie got me thinking about the singer in real life, a guy like Adam Levine has made a career of making lovey dovey pop songs about breakup, getting back together and love, in reality we know he bangs 10's on a regular basis and has an endless amount of pussy, some girls eat up that music and think its so romantic where most players think its bullshit, its like selling the girl a dream when you dont really mean it.

The thing is some dudes do really fall in love and would really be lovey dovey like those songs, unfortunaty its for the wrong ones many times, its kinda weird that girls eat up these songs and romantic movies but they would hate you if you were lovey dovey all the time like they supposedly want, I am sure a guy like Adam Levine understands that and makes these songs to appeal to womens emotions and can easily get them emotionally invested because of it, being a star musician though, Im sure he knows what he is doing.

I wonder though how much of these songs are true emotion or feelings? Guys like him and John Mayer made a career of love and breakup songs that girls eat up but in real life they are players, smashing and dashing, are these guys true romantics?
10-02-2016 11:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheDuncan's post:
debeguiled
The Beast1 Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

RE: Men are the true Romantics, can someone explain this to me?
It's part and parcel of game 101.

Men are the gatekeepers of marriage, women are the gatekeepers of sex.

Men want sex. Women want commitement. For a woman to fulfil her side of the relationship she has to provide sex amongst other things (acts of service).

For a man, he has to romance her. What does "romance" mean? It's whatever works to get a man laid.

Romance can be cocky funny, strutting in high end clothes, "confidence", long walks on the beach, music, etc.

Make sense?

Shalom Alechem!
10-02-2016 11:22 AM
[-] The following 8 users Like The Beast1's post:
debeguiled, Laner, Gmac, UlteriorMotive, Matrixdude, Nevsky, Conquerer7, lonewolf1992
Alpha_Romeo Offline
Kingfisher

A true romantic lives by his values. You see this often in the Rock and Roll world, though we are not necessarily talking about romantic love here. A pop musician just writes what he thinks the general population wants to hear. Yeah, he can write some shit that might be perceived as romantic, but bottom line, he just cares about the fame and fortune. A whore of the music world, really.
10-02-2016 11:24 AM
TornadoByProxy Offline
Woodpecker

Women want the emotional jolt from romantic movies but not all that faggy bullshit in real life.

Men want the emotional jolt from horror films but not all that murder and blood in real life.

Do you see the similarities?
10-02-2016 11:30 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like TornadoByProxy's post:
spokepoker, Gmac, Atlanta Man
Mage Offline
Banned

OP - notice how there are almost no songs in modern times where a woman proclaims her undying love for a man. Most songs with a female singer today are about girrl power, how she needs no man and get some dude to pay hard for his cheating/lying/looking at other woman/not being perfect/just being a bore.

There are plenty of songs where a male singer proclaims his undying love and willingness to self sacrifice for a woman while deifying her.

That is basically answer to your question. Trough pop music men are programmed to be losers, women are programmed to be bitches.

Not all singers are aware of this dynamic. It's just a formula that works and is promoted so singers fallow it without much thought. Big singers and actors are usually pretty stupid people who live in a bubble and their producers, managers and handlers do most of thinking for them. They are also not always bright and analytical people just greedy ones who act as money flows and current trends command.

This is answering the question in the narrow sense of music.

To answer the question generally why men are the romantic sex - it's because men like to fallow ideals. Not all men but many men have ideals about family life too and would like to have a house, a good wife and children. For other men political ideals are more important for other men the religious or scientific thoughts are more exciting, but generally most non-degenerate men will have some ideals in some or multiple areas of life that they fight for. and take pride of being warriors for this ideal.

For women generally no ideals are important they act based on combination on their procreation instinct, survival instinct and current social norms. This makes them more adaptable, shallow and treacherous. They are also given bigger rationalization powers to keep themselves and others in denial about their nature at expense of an ability to retrospect and understand themselves.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2016 11:50 AM by Mage.)
10-02-2016 11:44 AM
[-] The following 21 users Like Mage's post:
spokepoker, debeguiled, ElFlaco, Barron, Yurtley, Lizard King, Moto, R_Niko, Tactician, SpiderKing, Graft, SvenTuga, Leonard D Neubache, DJ-Matt, Renzy, Mr. D, Nevsky, Conquerer7, Saccade, Isaac Jordan, lonewolf1992
I DIDN'T KILL MY WIFE Offline
Kingfisher

I don't think it's possible to explain that men are romantics better than Dylan Moran
10-02-2016 12:03 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like I DIDN'T KILL MY WIFE's post:
ElFlaco, Atlanta Man
Disco_Volante Offline
Banned

Women are passive, men initiate and must run the seduction process. Creating attraction, knowing what her 'mood' is, etc..

Women control sex and only react to attractive behaviors, that's why men have to put in so much work to 'figure it out', whereas women are passive and don't really have to do anything.
10-02-2016 12:18 PM
Khan Offline
Kingfisher
Gold Member

Evolutionary psychology. Sperm is cheap, eggs are expensive. Pregnancy lasts for 9 long months, and in addition to that a single woman can give birth to a limited number of children during her reproductive timespan. A man, on the other hand, can theoretically father hundreds of children during his life.

That's why women are wired to behave in a Machiavellian fashion, more so than men. They have an inborn instinct to play and deceive men (and to a degree other women) into believing whatever they choose to present them with. Men on the other hand, aren't born with that instinct, and can only develop it by learning Game.

One of these tricks women often play is the notion of romance. Sure, they say they want romance. But they only want romance from men who sexually arouse them in the first place. Betas fall for this trap and believe they have to be nice to women in order to get laid - a type of behavior women find sexually repulsive, which a lot of us have learned the hard way - and thus weed themselves out of the game in favor of alphas.

So on average, men truly are the true romantics. They'll sacrifice themselves for their women, express love, do little special things for their women etc. And women? They don't have time for that shit.
10-02-2016 01:17 PM
[-] The following 6 users Like Khan's post:
Disco_Volante, Moto, R_Niko, Isaac Jordan, Dantes, lonewolf1992
BassPlayaYo Offline
Kingfisher

Only men take broke ass women and raise their status by marrying them...you have to be romantic to do that.
10-02-2016 02:00 PM
[-] The following 7 users Like BassPlayaYo's post:
Disco_Volante, Barron, Jvramerys, spokepoker, estraudi, Mr. D, Nevsky
StrikeBack Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

Men are the creators of Romance.

Women are the consumers of Romance.

StrikeBack's Wife School
10-03-2016 02:04 AM
[-] The following 11 users Like StrikeBack's post:
Barron, Leonard D Neubache, Gustavus Adolphus, spokepoker, TigerMandingo, estraudi, la bodhisattva, RaccoonFace, , Nevsky, Isaac Jordan
Tim in real life Offline
Woodpecker

If anything, this notion reflects how men, once emerged as boys in this world, were constantly and wrongly taught about the notion of "romance". It's doubly disastrous and toxic if they were raised in a single-mother household like yours truly did.
10-03-2016 04:53 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Tim in real life's post:
spokepoker, Mr. D, , Dantes
R_Niko Offline
Kingfisher
Silver Member

Romanticism is a product of abstract thinking. Women aren't great at abstract thinking. They're actually much more pragmatic.
10-03-2016 02:59 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes R_Niko's post:
lonewolf1992
preppy Offline
Banned

Roissy had a good article about this a few years ago. Will try to find it.

Basically, it comes down to a guy having to "get the girl". Think of how many movies have been made about that.
10-03-2016 05:01 PM
Mr. D Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

(10-03-2016 04:53 AM)Tim in real life Wrote:  If anything, this notion reflects how men, once emerged as boys in this world, were constantly and wrongly taught about the notion of "romance". It's doubly disastrous and toxic if they were raised in a single-mother household like yours truly did.

[Image: 64426727.jpg]
10-03-2016 06:03 PM
StrikeBack Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

(10-03-2016 04:53 AM)Tim in real life Wrote:  If anything, this notion reflects how men, once emerged as boys in this world, were constantly and wrongly taught about the notion of "romance". It's doubly disastrous and toxic if they were raised in a single-mother household like yours truly did.

It is only toxic if you let other people, especially the mainstream media, define romance for you.

As men are creators of Romance, we can define what's romantic, and lead our women into our own world of romance.

Some beta guy may think that romance is what's described in the movies: flowers, fancy dinner date, love poems, cringe-worthy sappy songs, grand public proposal etc. And he will not be appreciated by the woman, likely will get cheated on and dumped by her.

My idea of romance as a neo-masculine man is very different. Take my dinner date with my fiancee last night for example. We are moving into our new apartment, where there is no electricity yet, but there's a dining table and a new couch. I told her to cook up a good meal, bring it over and meet me there after hours. I showed up with a bottle of wine after work. We had dinner in the dark with just the torch light from a phone, followed by wine and laughter on the couch. I turned up some good soul and RnB music on the phone, got a killer BJ from her, spanked her bubble butt red and banged her brains out on the couch. Had to carry her to the bathroom afterwards because her legs turned into jelly.

Now that's Romance to me, and also to my fiancee.

This topic of Romance came up between us in the past, just before Valentine's Day. After rubbishing the misguided modern notion of romance, I asked her if she would rather have dozens of red roses, or dozens of spanks that redden her butt. Her answer was to crawl over my lap into the ideal position for spanking and look up at me with her big begging blue eyes.

And this is how I proposed to her, completely disregarding the popular notion of romance: https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-57475.html

Don't let the mainstream media define it for you, but also don't go the other extreme way and completely disregard it as nonsense. Define your own world of romance and invite her in.

StrikeBack's Wife School
10-03-2016 08:57 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like StrikeBack's post:
Dantes, Khan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Is there one true Christian church? bucky 67 4,235 12-06-2019 12:47 PM
Last Post: NoMoreTO
  To what extent are these American stereotypes true Mage 25 2,897 07-06-2019 08:28 AM
Last Post: bucky
  Arnold Schwarzenegger - A true legend! Teedub 121 51,350 05-19-2019 12:32 PM
Last Post: SeaFM