Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Quebec City Mosque shooting
R_Niko Offline
Chubby Chaser
Silver Member

Quebec City Mosque shooting
Authorities identify shooters as "David MJ Aurine" (with a photo of Davis Aurini) and Mathieu Fornier? I'm assuming this is a mistake, someone mistakenly named Aurini as the shooter, like when they name Sam Hyde every time there's a school shooting. Still this is a horrific situation. I know we hate to jump to conclusions re: hate crimes but this looks bad.

https://twitter.com/ReutersBrk?ref_src=t...r%5Eauthor

EDIT: more detail on the situation

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada...-de-quebec

"Multiple gunmen opened fire in a Quebec mosque during evening prayers, killing five people, according to multiple reports.

Quebec City Constable Étienne Doyon told reporters that police received a call around 7:55 p.m. on Sunday, stating that shots had been fired at the Centre Culturel Islamique de Québec on Sainte-Foy St.
Reuters reported that five people were killed in the mass shooting. Police tweeted there were deaths and injuries but wouldn’t confirm how many victims there are.

Doyon said two suspects had been arrested, but refused to provide further details.

“Why is this happening here? This is barbaric,” the mosque’s president, Mohamed Yangui, told Reuters.

Yangui was not inside the mosque during the shooting, but he told Reuters that he received frantic calls from those who were. Dozens of people were reportedly inside the mosque at the time of the shooting.

Witnesses say about a dozen people were wounded. Yangui did not know how many people had been injured.

A live video feed on the mosque’s Facebook page showed images of multiple police vehicles and yellow police tape. The investigation is ongoing.

Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale tweeted Sunday he is deeply saddened by the loss of life, his office says no motive has been confirmed.

Quebec Premier Philippe Couillard reacted on Twitter by calling it “barbaric violence.”

“All our solidarity is with those who are close to the victims, the injured and their families,” he said.

Montreal police are stepping up patrols around any sites on the island that could be potential targets, a spokesperson told Postmedia News late Sunday.

Police launched an investigation last June after the severed head of a pig was left in front of one of the doors of the mosque, wrapped in cellophane with bows, ribbon and a card that read, “bonne appétit.”

The incident took place during Ramadan, a month-long celebration during which Muslims fast between sunrise and sunset. Muslim dietary laws forbid eating pork at any time.

Three weeks later, an Islamophobic letter entitled “What is the most serious: a pig’s head or a genocide” was distributed in the vicinity."
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2017 10:56 PM by R_Niko.)
01-29-2017 10:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
SamuelBRoberts Offline
True Player
Gold Member

RE: Quebec City Mosque shooting
"Reuter News Break
@ReutersBrk
Parody that's not actually affiliated with Reuters in any way"

... Lame, low effort troll.

"We're gonna win at every single level. We're gonna win so so much you're gonna get sick and tired of it. And I'm gonna say, 'I don't care!' We're gonna keep winning, because we're gonna make America great again! We're gonna make it greater than ever before!"
-Donald Trump
01-29-2017 10:55 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like SamuelBRoberts's post:
MMX2010, debeguiled
2Wycked Offline
True Player
Gold Member

Why would you link to that Twitter account? That feed is filled with slanderous garbage. That is seriously messed up!!

Old Chinese Man Wrote:  why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

Dr. Kahn Wrote:  i on the other hand will be banging hotter chicks and still be DOCTOR KHAN.
01-29-2017 11:14 PM
RIslander Offline
Alpha Male
Gold Member

CNN originally reported that the shooter had a "Quebecois" name. They have since deleted that bit of information.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT
01-29-2017 11:25 PM
Gótico Offline
Game Denialist

Quote:5 Dead in Quebec City Mosque Shooting
At least five people were killed Sunday when gunmen opened fire during evening prayers in a Quebec City mosque. It was not immediately clear how many people were injured in the attack, but a witness told Reuters that about 40 people had been inside during prayers. The mosque's president, Mohamed Yangui, said at least five people had been killed. “Why is this happening here? This is barbaric,” he was cited as saying by Reuters. “There are many victims ... there are deaths,” a police spokesperson told reporters. The witness said three gunmen were involved in the attack on the Quebec City Islamic Cultural Center. Police said two suspects were in custody after the attack. They were identified as white supremacists David M. J. Aurine and Mathieu Fornier, according to Reuters. This is not the first time the mosque has suffered from a hate crime. In July, a pig's head was left at the mosque.

As always, /pol/ is the first to strike.

Edit: It appears I am not the first one.

«Se trata de escoger entre la dictadura que viene de abajo, y la dictadura que viene de arriba: yo escojo la que viene de arriba, porque viene de regiones más limpias y serenas; se trata de escoger, por último, entre la dictadura del puñal y la dictadura del sable: yo escojo la dictadura del sable, porque es más noble». ― Donoso Cortés

My list of Spanish-language resources and a thread full of them.
PM me with any Spanish questions; I will try to help you!
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2017 11:31 PM by Gótico.)
01-29-2017 11:31 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like Gótico's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, RaccoonFace, Samseau, SupaDorkLooza
Chauncey Away
Chubby Chaser
Gold Member

(01-29-2017 11:14 PM)2Wycked Wrote:  Why would you link to that Twitter account? That feed is filled with slanderous garbage. That is seriously messed up!!

Is this Anabasis to Desta's twitter account?
01-29-2017 11:43 PM
HighSpeed_LowDrag Offline
True Player
Gold Member

Apparently the shooters shouted "Allahu Akbar" as they fired.

Could be Sunni vs. Shia, could be a far-right false flag. Still unknown.

None of the major news networks are going live right now.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/01/30/...osque.html

HSLD
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2017 12:03 AM by HighSpeed_LowDrag.)
01-29-2017 11:46 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like HighSpeed_LowDrag's post:
dain_bramage, Leonard D Neubache, Going strong, Handsome Creepy Eel, Nevsky
MMX2010 Offline
Alpha Male

With apologies to SamuelRoberts and 2Wycked, on Twitter, one of the related searches is "David M J Aurine".

-----

Scott Adams wrote a beautiful blog post today, summarized, "The people who are merely scared about Trump are probably good people, but beware of the Trump critic who gleefully criticizes the negative impact of Trump's policies."

The following is a normal, healthy grief response.

But this is the gleeful shit Scott Adams was talking about.

James Comey is a cuck
01-29-2017 11:51 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like MMX2010's post:
debeguiled, Handsome Creepy Eel
scotian Online
International Playboy
Gold Member

I think it'll be white Québécois shooters, Trudeau will be crying on TV tomorrow and Liberals will be jizzing their pants and blaming Trump.

Feminism is a bit like The Netherlands. They both owe their existence to an extensive network of dikes, struggling against nature's forces: Surreyman
01-29-2017 11:54 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like scotian's post:
Jura, Saccade, Matsufubu, TooFineAPoint
Jura Offline
Recovering Beta

Local guy here. I've been following the story since it came out. I can tell you that the names HAVE NOT been released yet and that the 2 suspects have apparently been arrested. That's it for now.
01-29-2017 11:55 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Jura's post:
debeguiled, puckerman
dain_bramage Offline
Chubby Chaser

Well we will hopefully learn more by tomorrow or the next day. Scary stuff.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Fiat Jiustitia, et pereat mundus
They can be white, black, nice, fat, just need a crevasse to put my pipe at."- Tech n9ne

"Just because there's a bun in the oven doesn't mean you can't use the stove" - Dain_bramage.
01-30-2017 12:00 AM
MMX2010 Offline
Alpha Male

Reddit says the two shooters are Syrian refugees.

Hassan Matti and Bashir al-Taweed.

If I'm wrong, it's because I'm citing reddit and I apologize in advance.

James Comey is a cuck
01-30-2017 12:01 AM
[-] The following 9 users Like MMX2010's post:
SamuelBRoberts, dain_bramage, Saccade, Leonard D Neubache, Enigma, billbudsocket, C-Note, Handsome Creepy Eel, Nevsky
SamuelBRoberts Offline
True Player
Gold Member

(01-30-2017 12:01 AM)MMX2010 Wrote:  Reddit says the two shooters are Syrian refugees.

Hassan Matti and Bashir al-Taweed.

If I'm wrong, it's because I'm citing reddit and I apologize in advance.

This is how you do it.

"We're gonna win at every single level. We're gonna win so so much you're gonna get sick and tired of it. And I'm gonna say, 'I don't care!' We're gonna keep winning, because we're gonna make America great again! We're gonna make it greater than ever before!"
-Donald Trump
01-30-2017 12:08 AM
[-] The following 9 users Like SamuelBRoberts's post:
MMX2010, dain_bramage, Saccade, El_Gostro, Enigma, Going strong, C-Note, debeguiled, Nevsky
MMX2010 Offline
Alpha Male

4chan successfully trolled The Daily Beast.

James Comey is a cuck
01-30-2017 12:11 AM
[-] The following 11 users Like MMX2010's post:
SamuelBRoberts, dain_bramage, John Michael Kane, Saccade, Huey, C-Note, estraudi, spokepoker, Handsome Creepy Eel, iop890, Nevsky
Paracelsus Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

CBC News interviewed one witness -- who wisely wants to stay anonymous -- claiming that the shooters were shouting "Allahu Akbar".

This must be one of them whatchacall'em, theological discussions in Islam?

Remissas, discite, vivet.
01-30-2017 12:15 AM
[-] The following 16 users Like Paracelsus's post:
dain_bramage, John Michael Kane, CaptainChardonnay, Saccade, Mage, Leonard D Neubache, DJ-Matt, Enigma, Going strong, billbudsocket, C-Note, Once Was Not, debeguiled, spokepoker, RaccoonFace, Nevsky
Jura Offline
Recovering Beta

Well known local news anchor just reported that it was "2 Québécois". (by definition, anybody living in the province is one...but we all understand what he means).

EDIT: Said they were born here as well.
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2017 12:34 AM by Jura.)
01-30-2017 12:21 AM
dain_bramage Offline
Chubby Chaser

Let's not jump to any conclusions........ AND... it's Islam?

They can be white, black, nice, fat, just need a crevasse to put my pipe at."- Tech n9ne

"Just because there's a bun in the oven doesn't mean you can't use the stove" - Dain_bramage.
01-30-2017 12:23 AM
dain_bramage Offline
Chubby Chaser

I'm not going to make any predictions or conclusions as I do not have all the information but its pretty sad news.

01-30-2017 12:25 AM
True Player
Gold Member

(01-30-2017 12:21 AM)Jura Wrote:  Well known local news anchor just reported that it was "2 Québécois". (by definition, anybody living in the province is one...but we all understand what he means).

Could easily be a convert. Like Martin Couture-Rouleau, or Michael Zehaf-Bibeau.

The Quebec government is already calling this a terrorist attack. My guess is that the suspect's names are being withheld because they're still interrogating them to investigate whether there is a larger cell operating. That tells me they have at least something to suspect a higher level of sophistication/coordination than some lone-wolf far-right terrorist.

EDIT: Confirming what I said earlier:

[Image: 1485752946352.png]

HSLD
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2017 12:53 AM by HighSpeed_LowDrag.)
01-30-2017 12:27 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like HighSpeed_LowDrag's post:
dain_bramage, CaptainChardonnay, billbudsocket
kaotic Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

Islam on Islam Violence ?

Immigrants welcome here.

[Image: cAzHK7Q.jpg]

"Go be fat on someone else's time" - Henry Rollins

"i fascisti si dividono in due categorie: i fascisti e gli antifascisti" (there are two types of fascists: fascists and anti-fascists)

-Ennio Flaiano

My Year in Review Guides 2014|2015|2016

Podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr, Cobra, and Vinman.
01-30-2017 12:28 AM
[-] The following 30 users Like kaotic's post:
dain_bramage, SamuelBRoberts, CaptainChardonnay, Saccade, John Michael Kane, Yurtley, DJ-Matt, Professor Fox, Shoubuliao, Vacancier Permanent, Renzy, Going strong, Le Siamois, Huey, Ringo, Once Was Not, DannyAlberta, debeguiled, spokepoker, Handsome Creepy Eel, Gmac, RaccoonFace, Samseau, Rhyme or Reason, kosko, MKE-Ed, Ocelot, Irenicus, Nevsky, redbeard
True Player
Gold Member

Surete du Quebec (provincial police) confirming 6 dead, 8 injured.

HSLD
01-30-2017 12:53 AM
Master Of My Own Kingdom Away
Beta Orbiter
Gold Member

[quote='Jura' pid='1497639' dateline='1485753696']
Well known local news anchor just reported that it was "2 Québécois". (by definition, anybody living in the province is one...but we all understand what he means).

EDIT: Said they were born here as well.[\quote]

99% sure are both pure laine.

The attack did happen in Québec city, where French-Canadian whites or Québécois pure laine form the overwhelming majority of the population, at 90%, and the french canadian birthrate in the area is extremely high. It is rare to see longterm immigrants, even those of european ancestry . Though french-speaking africans and north african muslims live there, many of them are students.

Blue pill = always a shill, over the hill, no will, no desire to kill, no thrills, bill$ and skills
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2017 12:58 AM by Master Of My Own Kingdom.)
01-30-2017 12:54 AM
Jura Offline
Recovering Beta

^^ Yeah I agree. Anybody hoping for a false flag attack by a refugee or some type of islam on islam attack is wasting their time. I'll be the first to eat my crow if I'm wrong but I know this city pretty well and from what I'm hearing, it sounds like a cheap attack by some far-right extremists.
01-30-2017 01:05 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Jura's post:
Master Of My Own Kingdom, spokepoker
911 Online
Alpha Male

Agree, Quebec City is possibly the whitest big city in all of north America, muslims would have struck in Montreal instead.

Gay cakes and trans bathrooms: the most important human rights issues of our times, surely.
01-30-2017 01:11 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes 911's post:
Master Of My Own Kingdom
porscheguy Offline
True Player

Anyone else notice that a mosque gets shot up 48 hours after the evil, racist, Trump signs those executive orders? Sorry, but I don't put anything past Soros.
01-30-2017 01:21 AM
[-] The following 10 users Like porscheguy's post:
dain_bramage, fokker, Vacancier Permanent, Going strong, Once Was Not, spokepoker, Handsome Creepy Eel, armenia4ever, Professor Fox, Nevsky

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mass shooting at Ft. Lauderdale Airport weambulance 220 20,873 01-15-2017 07:50 PM
Last Post: RIslander
  Cascade Mall Shooting In Burlington, WA Suits 81 9,562 09-28-2016 03:21 PM
Last Post: Slim Shady
  Muslim tries to fake a hate crime - implicates entire mosque. Captainstabbin 6 3,855 09-08-2016 09:38 AM
Last Post: Phoenix