I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Netflix cheating - a warning sign?
SlickyBoy Offline
Ostrich

Netflix cheating - a warning sign?
There's a news story going around about how a significantly high number of couples in "committed relationships" have instances where one of the two watches a show ahead of when the other person is available to watch. They are "cheating" because of an understanding that they would watch the shows together. Being that Orange is the New Black is the top most cheated-on show, you can be sure it's mostly women doing the cheating, although the Netflix report astutely avoids pissing off their customer base with too many facts.

While on the face of it, who cares, right? But check out the data - which very closely mirrors statistics on actual cheating:
[Image: 1f384808f6.jpg]

And the newscaster who did the local story on this remarked "I confess, Rob, I've done it before..." Naturally, had to wonder who Rob was. Turns out he's a paraplegic hit by a car in 2006, ending what may have become a promising major league baseball career.

Further down in that article, we see Rob in a picture with his ex girlfriend, Vanderpump Rules "comedian" Rachael O'Brien. The article is from 2011; no word on when the breakup happened but they're obviously no longer together. Somewhere along the line, she felt ok joking about her boyfriend being in a wheelchair (see the 1:50 mark on her tremendously un-funny "comedy" video). I'm guessing her obvious narcissism was too more important than a guy in a wheelchair, at least when it got to the point she had steady work in the entertainment industry. Pretty fucked up, bitch.

Rob is an incredibly tenacious guy - at one point after the hit and run accident (the driver was never identified) he couldn't even control his own bowels, let alone move independently of a wheelchair. Slowly but surely he's got himself to the point where he can stand but not yet walk. He's got the right attitude and charisma where attractive women are wiling to date and have meaningful relationships with him - or are they? Are they using his situation for personal gain? Is his current flame one tinder swipe away from taking Netflix cheating into the actual realm of cheating, assuming she hasn't already done so?

You be the judge, and I would love to be utterly wrong about where this scenario may end up, but when a 34 year old broadcast babe spends this much time on Instagram, has been spotted wearing uggs, and who's greatest fantasy would to be getting even more attention as a broadway star, you gotta wonder. I seriously hope he's switched on enough to watch for the signs and adjust his game accordingly.

EDIT: yes, Uggs are an indicator.

Twitter: @_slickyboy
Occasional contributor at Return of Kings (while it lasted)
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2017 01:41 PM by SlickyBoy.)
02-13-2017 01:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The Catalyst Offline
Pelican

RE: Netflix cheating - a warning sign?
I don't really watch TV series and had never been in a committed relationship for that matter but the whole idea of agreeing to watch shows together is dumb. Just watch it whenever you want. Sure I get ideally you want to watch it together, but who cares about doing it whenever.

22% have gotten into a verbal argument about it?
14% think cheating is worse than forgetting a special occasion?(granted, the latter isn't that bad so it doesn't really say much)

These people need to stop losing their minds to virtual reality and actually build their own lives worth a damn.
02-13-2017 03:26 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like The Catalyst's post:
Rhyme or Reason, username
SlickyBoy Offline
Ostrich

(02-13-2017 03:26 PM)The Catalyst Wrote:  I don't really watch TV series and had never been in a committed relationship for that matter but the whole idea of agreeing to watch shows together is dumb. Just watch it whenever you want. Sure I get ideally you want to watch it together, but who cares about doing it whenever.

22% have gotten into a verbal argument about it?
14% think cheating is worse than forgetting a special occasion?(granted, the latter isn't that bad so it doesn't really say much)

These people need to stop losing their minds to virtual reality and actually build their own lives worth a damn.

Indeed, but consider who probably suggested the commitment to watch the shows together in the first place - I'm betting it's usually the woman in the relationship. Then, whaddya know, she's the one more likely to abandon the commitment she supposedly thought was so special, but then freak out if she finds that you're the one breaking the deal.

I think it parallels the same pattern in the cases where she actually cheats. Not only that, but the very idea of her setting boundaries on something so trivial as when her SO is allowed to watch a television show has the slight but pungent odor of a shit test.

Also, take a look at the data of when it happens - business trips (same great time for a fling) when you're at work (and she's fucking the yoga instructor) or when you're asleep (good time to message Chad Thundercock).

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2017 04:30 PM by SlickyBoy.)
02-13-2017 04:24 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes SlickyBoy's post:
LeoneVolpe
Conscious Pirate Offline
Banned

So much for 'Netflix & Chill'. Gotta bloody drum up drama wherever the fuck they can!
02-13-2017 04:46 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Conscious Pirate's post:
SlickyBoy
Rhyme or Reason Away
Banned

No chick I've dated has ever had the same tastes as me in tv / movies and shit. I don't watch much TV anyways, the last series I was really into was Breaking Bad.

But even if my chick had the same taste I would never agree to watch shit with her exclusively. "Netflix Cheating"?? Lol that is some gay shit.

Only in the current year social climate would such an inane phrase exist.
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2017 06:28 PM by Rhyme or Reason.)
02-13-2017 06:27 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Rhyme or Reason's post:
spokepoker, Laner, Once Was Not
LeoneVolpe Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

Bitch logic:

If you cheat on her, you're an asshole and it's inexcusable.

If you watch a show she wanted to watch with you without her, you're an asshole and it's inexcusable.

If she cheats on you...Well, first of all, how dare you spy on her, and it wasn't "cheating" -- she was driven into the arms of another man because you're never around. In other words, you're an asshole and it's inexcusable.

If she watches a show she wanted you to watch with her without you, you weren't there when she needed you, she was bored, "...and like, what's the big deal anyway? You weren't really into the show...You just pretended to like it. I think we need some space." So basically, you're just an asshole and it's inexcusable.

Is it any wonder why the suicide rate is higher in men? This is the idiocy we're expected to put up with.

MrLeoneVolpe @ Twitter
LeoneVolpe @ gab.ai
LeoneVolpe @ WordPress
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2017 08:03 PM by LeoneVolpe.)
02-13-2017 07:34 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like LeoneVolpe's post:
weambulance, SlickyBoy, DJ-Matt, ball dont lie
Leonard D Neubache Offline
Owl
Gold Member

#FirstWorldProblems
02-13-2017 08:07 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like Leonard D Neubache's post:
Rocha, spokepoker, DJ-Matt, Enigma
Conscious Pirate Offline
Banned

So, if I'm watching shows on Netflix that I was supposed to watch with my bitch, using my faggot ex-flatmate's login to do so (& pissing him off when he logs in to find a whole bunch of red pill stuff he's never watched in his "Recently Watched" list + all the corresponding suggestions) does that make me a Netflix Pimp? Pimp

Asking for johnbozzz.
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2017 12:53 AM by Conscious Pirate.)
02-14-2017 12:51 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like Conscious Pirate's post:
Leonard D Neubache, Dream Medicine, LeoneVolpe, General Stalin, Enigma
samsamsam Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

I thought it was about someone cheating with another person and they get discovered by the original partner scouring the movies viewed history. Man. Who gives a fuck if someone watched ahead. Surely this isn't the most important thing in their lives. I hope.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2
02-14-2017 01:20 AM
weambulance Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

To address the original question, if a chick makes a big deal about doing something with you and then does it with someone else or alone instead, yes, it's a warning sign. It's more a sort of flaking than "cheating" if she does it alone. Doing it with someone else, even another girl, is a big flag.

But if there's no explicit agreement to watch something together, and the person who "cheated" doesn't ruin the show with spoilers--and especially if they're happy to sit down and watch the episodes again with their partner--who gives a shit?
02-14-2017 02:20 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like weambulance's post:
Rhyme or Reason, SlickyBoy
Rhyme or Reason Away
Banned

Basically the point being made in the article is that the breaking of trust is a red flag.

Color me shocked!!
02-14-2017 12:02 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Rhyme or Reason's post:
LeoneVolpe, SlickyBoy
Aurini Offline
Ostrich

(02-13-2017 01:35 PM)SlickyBoy Wrote:  There's a news story going around about how a significantly high number of couples in "committed relationships" have instances where one of the two watches a show ahead of when the other person is available to watch. They are "cheating" because of an understanding that they would watch the shows together. Being that Orange is the New Black is the top most cheated-on show, you can be sure it's mostly women doing the cheating, although the Netflix report astutely avoids pissing off their customer base with too many facts.

Here's my takeaway:

If we were to ask "Which sex cheats more?" the answer would probably be 50/50: women have opportunity dick thrown at them constantly, while the men who are dating women are already preselected as the exceptional men who have opportunity pussy thrown at them constantly. I'd expect the numbers would roughly equivalate to the average lifetime sex partners: the average women has more than the average man, but men have a flatter bell curve with a wider distribution.

You with me so far? Things are pretty 50/50, merely twisted by the Pareto distribution within the sexual marketplace.

However: that datum about Orange is the New Black throws a spin on things.

Couples who've agreed to watch Netflix together are presumably watching shows of mutual interest - Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad, for example. But it's the chick show that gets the most cheating.

In other words: it's not merely men and women both being prone to infidelity, but women having more opportunities - it's women actively disregarding their moral commitments. Innate female nature? Maybe... but I don't think so. The logistic of Game Theory in the sexual marketplace explain most of Female Nature. In my opinion, this sounds more like Feminism rationalizing women's immoral behaviour, even amongst those who don't consider themselves Feminists.

In essence: women, as a whole, are more morally corrupt than men.

My website.
Now streaming on the DLive platform..
02-15-2017 04:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Aurini's post:
heavy, Conscious Pirate, SlickyBoy
FlyHigher123 Offline
Robin

Netflix being a main activity of the relationship? SAD! Watching movies/series should not be a fundamental activity for the relationship. Only to fall asleep and for days you are really sick. So it shouldn't matter at all.
02-15-2017 06:43 PM
SlickyBoy Offline
Ostrich

(02-15-2017 04:38 PM)Aurini Wrote:  If we were to ask "Which sex cheats more?" the answer would probably be 50/50: women have opportunity dick thrown at them constantly, while the men who are dating women are already preselected as the exceptional men who have opportunity pussy thrown at them constantly.

Agree with your analysis, but I'd adjust this nugget above - the men in these relationships are not necessarily preselected alphas at all.

Remember, the data doesn't show us the people or say much about their status, so we could be looking at a large group of neckbearded betas with fat, purple haired domineering cows dictating the terms of the relationship, then doing whatever they please when it suits them while the cuck beta hopes for table scraps. Is it very alpha to be glued to a TV show in the first place?

The result is the same - the women are more corrupt than the men. Unsurprising in the post-patriarchal western society we're witnessing.

02-16-2017 05:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Church Leader ‘Forced 240 Sex Slaves to Sign Fifty Shades Of Grey Contracts WalterBlack 7 1,592 10-28-2019 05:56 AM
Last Post: Simeon_Strangelight
  Netflix Thread Panteleimon 291 88,999 10-13-2019 11:42 PM
Last Post: Teedub
  Allegations of Cheating on Poker Livestream - Mike Postle mr_ks 0 647 10-07-2019 10:48 AM
Last Post: mr_ks