Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Looks vs game
Preston Blood Offline
Male Feminist

Looks vs game
Curious what the opinion on this subject is at this forum.

How important are looks?

I see alot of talk about game around here but it's very vague. What is game exactly?

I also see alot of "well my friend is xyz and he is killing it". Although yet again, that doesn't really mean anything for anyone who is struggling and wants to learn.

And since I am asking for others opinions, I will share my own:

I think that looks is always the entry point, game is just closing the deal.

But without that entry point, I really don't understand the use of game.

In fact if you tried to "game" a girl when she isn't attracted or sending any positive signals in the first place, wouldn't that just look exceptionally try hard?

I don't really understand the creating attraction aspect of it, I only understand it in the context of capitalizing on what's already there and expanding it.

If a man is ugly and not naturally receiving any positive attention, how is he supposed to use game to compensate for that situation?

That is what I am curious about.

What is that process exactly?
06-17-2017 12:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
blck Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

RE: Looks vs game
[Image: giphy.gif]

Please use the search function...

Look vs Game 1
Look vs Game 2
The importance of your looks
Good-Looking Guy Game

(04-13-2016 12:18 AM)General Stalin Wrote:  This another looks vs game thread? Fuck. Search function.

Also theory is wack. Women don't think about babies, they think about 'gina tingles. C'mon now.
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2017 04:13 PM by blck.)
06-17-2017 04:09 PM
[-] The following 7 users Like blck's post:
lonewolf1992, PapayaTapper, Zelcorpion, vinman, Panther, Leonard D Neubache, GlobalMan
RatInTheWoods Offline
Alpha Male
Gold Member

We need a sidebar like Reddit to point the peeps at for the common done to death topic foundations.
06-17-2017 05:22 PM
gework Offline
Game Denialist
Gold Member

If you are talking about The West, looks can be a good entry point, particularly if you don't mind shopping down in physical attraction. There are a sea of 5s and 6s who've done virtually nothing to make themselves attractive who will melt for you if you are an 8+. But if you want to access your own SMV or higher, just approaching as a good-looking guy becomes harder because good-looking girls tend to have a lot of approaches and have a social life which allows them to scope out guy's other factors like reputation, social status, rough income, penis size etc. When you approach you're just a generic good-looking guy speaking to a girl who probably knows loads of guys who have other valuable attributes. The only tool to quickly catch her attention before someone else does is game. If you have other attributes like a high income or you are in an group of guys with a high reputation in your city, it's going to take a while to drop them in.

If your introduction point to a girl is through a high caste social group, looks can take a back burner as the girl will assume you have good characteristics.

For approaching I think game is not just for closing, it's for every second after the first few milliseconds in which she's pegged your physical attractiveness. After that it's down to your tongue to prove that you have some value to her beyond being a candidate. What that is depends on her desires. If a girl is just interested in having fun, being the center of attention, going places, consuming things - then being a good-looking guy who can excite her will have a good chance of working. Telling her you run a business that employs 50 people may mean nothing to her. But if the girl is looking for a stable guy, the exciting guy may be seen as irresponsible and a waste of her time, while the business owner has serious merit for her desires.

If you're going to a low-income country, then things change again. White, Western guys are a prize in many of these areas due to big differences in income, treatment of women and perceptions of physical traits etc. The average income in The Philippines about $250, has higher rates of violence against women and general perception of unchivalrous men, the average height of men is 5'4", 4.3" average penis size, they also have an inferiority complex to The West and European features - if you look at any form of Filipino popular culture it tends to be dominated by the country's minority of more Mediterranean looking people.

If you are a good-looking, 6 foot guy getting off the plane in The Phillipines you are automatically head and shoulders above most of the population by association to a culture that is generally seen as superior and materially more wealthy. You have considerably more to offer them than they are likely to expect not just in their daily life, but their entire life. This is why so many of the guys on this forum are in such countries.

It's all about providing value in a market where everyone wants to get the highest value they can.
06-17-2017 05:40 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like gework's post:
Spaniard88, rishboy77
Preston Blood Offline
Male Feminist

Taking a look over those threads now.

If I have some things I'd like to say, is it better to put it here or to bump them?

I'm new here so how this forum works is still alien to me and I'm not really looking to be rude or disruptive.

(06-17-2017 04:09 PM)blck Wrote:  [Image: giphy.gif]

Also, sorry.
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2017 06:32 PM by Preston Blood.)
06-17-2017 06:29 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Preston Blood's post:
PapayaTapper
PapayaTapper Offline
True Player
Gold Member

(06-17-2017 06:29 PM)Preston Blood Wrote:  Taking a look over those threads now.

If I have some things I'd like to say, is it better to put it here or to bump them?

I'm new here so how this forum works is still alien to me and I'm not really looking to be rude or disruptive.

(06-17-2017 04:09 PM)blck Wrote:  

Also, sorry.

Welcome aboard !

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2017 07:09 PM by PapayaTapper.)
06-17-2017 07:08 PM
subterfuge Offline
Recovering Beta

They're very important indeed, in my experience. Not to say that one can't get laid and still be on the ugly side, but good looks make things infinitely easier.

And I tend to agree with your observations ; I always thought of it like ''' 'Game' is what you use to close the deal with girls that are already attracted to you''

I think you can be very handsome and struggle to get laid if you have absolutely zero game. So that alone shows that game exists.

But if a girl looks at you and thinks ''Uggghh....he's not my type at all! I like tall guys with nice cheekbones. He's ugly'' then all of the 'game' in the world won't make her attracted
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2017 03:34 PM by subterfuge.)
06-20-2017 03:25 PM
Preston Blood Offline
Male Feminist

Quote:Welcome aboard !

Thanks.

Quote:They're very important indeed, in my experience. Not to say that one can't get laid and still be on the ugly side, but good looks make things infinitely easier.

And I tend to agree with your observations ; I always thought of it like ''' 'Game' is what you use to close the deal with girls that are already attracted to you''

I think you can be very handsome and struggle to get laid if you have absolutely zero game. So that alone shows that game exists.

But if a girl looks at you and thinks ''Uggghh....he's not my type at all! I like tall guys with nice cheekbones. He's ugly'' then all of the 'game' in the world won't make her attracted

I understand how to get girls in the context of they are already open to me.

I just don't really understand it in the context of there is no interest and you use "game" to create it like magic. I am not saying it couldn't exist, just something I really know nothing of to be honest.

I only get it in the context of managing and closing on existing interest.

Usually if a girl closes off to me then it's finished in my mind and I leave it at that. And in fact I feel like doing anything other than that is actually making your position even worse.

I just get it in terms of she is open to me and then I push and close off that.

I'm not sure any of the posted threads actually answered my question either. They were kind of vague, so even though the topic has been done to death apparently, I still am not really seeing a clear explanation of what "game" is precisely in the context of a ugly or even average man with no natural interest.
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 07:26 PM by Preston Blood.)
Yesterday 07:23 PM
Topsdown Offline
Game Denialist

I get accused of making "barnyard" analogies but I view this idea like a racetrack. Looks are the car and game is the driver of said car. We are trying to help like the pit crew and someone like Roosh could be considered a crew chief. I mean it's far easier for a professional driver to make a finely tuned race car go but they could get a POS to do things the average person couldn't do even with the race car.
Yesterday 09:56 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Topsdown's post:
PapayaTapper
Preston Blood Offline
Male Feminist

Quote:but they could get a POS to do things the average person couldn't do even with the race car.

What is the extent of that though?

Like as in get hot girls while being average or ugly?

I am just saying if a guy isn't getting attention from those or the girls he wants, is there anything he can do in a individual interaction to change it?

And if so what is that exactly?
Yesterday 10:46 PM
Topsdown Offline
Game Denialist

Quote:Quote:
but they could get a POS to do things the average person couldn't do even with the race car.

What is the extent of that though?

Like as in get hot girls while being average or ugly?

I am just saying if a guy isn't getting attention from those or the girls he wants, is there anything he can do in a individual interaction to change it?

And if so what is that exactly?

Yes, I mean getting girls with suboptimal looks that you CANNOT change. Keeping with the racing theme, you have to change how you navigate internally. The girl is going to assume if you look a certain way, then you must be a certain way. You must implicately show her you don't find the mold, causing her to reevaluate her perception of you. Good game can cause a reset in her thinking. Reset results will vary.

Of course, you have to approach her. You can't assume she is passing out attention. You have to demand attention by going to her. You'll never get to point B if you never leave A.

Overview:

1. Reset yourself.
2. Approach.
3. Cause her to reset.

As for the rest, now you want tips on driving your car which can be done with more context. What do you believe is your limitation(s)?
(This post was last modified: Today 12:53 AM by Topsdown.)
Today 12:47 AM
mickeyd Offline
Recovering Beta

If a guy is below average/ugly he is severely limited. I dont care what self help guru PUA whatever says otherwise. women in western countries with good economies do not want ugly out of shape dudes. No amount of charisma or "game" is going to save him.

Now where things do change is when a man can improve himself to the 6-7 range through gym style posture grooming etc. Once youve hit above average appearances, your game can carry you the rest of the way depending on you of course.

Basically theres no need to look like a jacked male supermodel (it helps a shitload of course). Get simple clean well fitted clothes, work on your posture, get a good hair cut, whiten teeth, tan a bit, get under 15pct body fat and start working on your approaches and social life.
Today 03:17 AM
Leonard D Neubache Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

I've known some fairly ugly dudes that couldn't swing their dick in a crowded room without fucking three women. Those SOBs had game.

Here's the thing. You can be good looking without game and snag a girl. You can even close with a little luck. In fact, you could probably get that girl to commit to you temporarily because she wants to parade you around like a prize poodle in front of her friends. Meanwhile she'll get you to pay for everything and provide you with starfish sex every now and then until the revulsion of being in proximity to something that only looks like a man forces her to cheat on you and treat you like shit until either you leave or she genuinely hates you so much that she actually dumps you (for nooooo reeeeason boo hoo!).

Game is what gets your dick in her ass and her mouth. Game is what puts her on her knees then her back then her feet then her hands then up against the wall. Game is what gets her in lingerie. Game is what gets her to bring a friend.

And game of course is a part of everything else you do in life, from getting good service to negotiating the best deals.

Pity the fool who has looks but refuses to learn game. He might be seen with gorgeous women but behind closed doors he's quite miserable. And his looks will fool him into thinking that he's successful with women when in reality he's barely gotten a peek into the sea of sexual conquest that man can plunder.

If I had to choose between looks and game I would choose game every time.

Every.

Time.

Don't have a gun yet? Remember. The universe doesn't give a shit about your excuses.
(This post was last modified: Today 03:55 AM by Leonard D Neubache.)
Today 03:54 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Leonard D Neubache's post:
blck, remarkable vigour