Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Disqus Is Shutting Down ROK Comments Effective Friday
Return Of Kings Offline
International Playboy

Disqus Is Shutting Down ROK Comments Effective Friday
http://www.returnofkings.com/wp-content/...00x210.jpg 300w, http://www.returnofkings.com/wp-content/...68x537.jpg 768w" sizes="(max-width: 800px) 100vw, 800px" />

On Monday evening, I received an email from [email protected] stating that they are suspending all Disqus services to Return Of Kings starting on October 20, 2017. Here is the full email:

Hi there,

We wanted to reach out to inform you that your site has been found to be in conflict with the terms of use of Disqus. Because of this, Disqus is unable to offer your site continued discussion services past the end of this week.

Site activity or content that can result in the termination of discussion services include:

– Featuring copyrighted material, which results in DMCA takedown requests.
– Adult-oriented sites containing illegal content which result in abuse complaints, users with inappropriate avatars or behavior visiting other Disqus sites in an unwelcome way, or are otherwise misusing Disqus services.
– Using Disqus on pages that contain hate speech, which violates Disqus’ Terms of Service and results in abuse complaints.

Additional information on these Basic Rules may be found here: https://help.disqus.com/customer/en/port...ered-sites

Please be advised that discussion services for the shortname “returnofkings” will be terminated on October 20th, 2017 for one or more of the above reasons.

To help your site prepare for this change, we recommend the following:

Export your comments
Comment exporting is available in the Admin Panel at https://returnofkings.disqus.com/admin/d...ns/export/) and will be available until 30 days after termination. More information on exporting is available here: https://help.disqus.com/customer/portal/articles/472149
If you have any issues exporting your comments, please let us know by replying to this email.

Sync your comments
If you use WordPress, make sure all Disqus comments are synced back to the native comment platform within WordPress. More information is available here: https://help.disqus.com/customer/portal/articles/663782

Migrate to a new commenting system
Disqus will no longer load on your site after October 20th, 2017. To ensure uninterrupted discussion, we recommend selecting and installing an alternate commenting system prior to the end of the week.

We hope this helps you prepare your site and community for this change. If you have any questions, please let us know by replying to this email.

Thank you for your time and attention,

The Disqus TOS Team

I replied asking what specific terms were violated but have not yet received a response. I’m guessing we were terminated because of their vague “hate speech” clause, which really means “speech our liberal employees disagree with.” Whatever the real reason, my priority is installing a new commenting platform. Within a day or two, I’ll roll out the first alternative, which will have far less frills than Disqus. Feel free to suggest alternatives in the comments.

San Francisco-based Disqus joins Shopify, Paypal, and numerous ad networks that have terminated their relationship with ROK because of the views it contains. While I’m not surprised that Disqus shut us down, I’m beginning to wonder how Silicon Valley expects to survive if they are so hellbent on censoring anyone who shares a politically incorrect opinion.

http://www.returnofkings.com/wp-content/...37x300.jpg 237w" sizes="(max-width: 418px) 100vw, 418px" />

The Silicon Valley lawnmower

If you’re a dissident who doesn’t ever want to vote for someone like Hillary Clinton or raise your wife’s African sons, it may be best not to establish a business relationship with a Silicon Valley company in the first place.

Don’t Miss: Night Of The Digital Knives: Silicon Valley Launches Biggest Internet Censorship Purge In History

Posted on Tue, 17 Oct 2017 21:00:56 +0000 at http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/ReturnOfK...ive-friday
Comments: http://www.returnofkings.com/132206/disq...ay#respond
10-17-2017 04:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 4 users Like Return Of Kings's post:
debeguiled, [email protected], mr_x, amity
mr_x Offline
Male Feminist

RE: Disqus Is Shutting Down ROK Comments Effective Friday
Yeah, I also wanted to open a thread about this, but now disqus was faster.
And sure, they will disguise it as whishy washy hate speech (= everything they don't want to read&hear, like reality for example Tongue)

I suspect them sabotaging our discussions, too.
* E.g. some of my (longer) posts were just deleted.
* The sorting is totally weird.
* And when I open the comments referenced in the notification emails, about 20% just don't work / are not visible and probably deleted.

We really need something else. At least there is now some necessity to act.

@Roosh will probably handle it himself. (But I can offer help, if needed, like database conversion, etc ...).
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2017 04:55 PM by mr_x.)
10-18-2017 04:55 PM
Slam Offline
Chubby Chaser

These types of things are happening more and more. Companies are choosing sides and no-platforming what they deem to be 'hate speech'... which could be just stuff that goes against their narrative.
10-18-2017 10:28 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slam's post:
amity
McCarthy Offline
Beta Orbiter

(10-18-2017 10:28 PM)Slam Wrote:  These types of things are happening more and more. Companies are choosing sides and no-platforming what they deem to be 'hate speech'... which could be just stuff that goes against their narrative.

These libtards are playing with fire. No one loses a market advantage in such as stupid manner.
10-19-2017 03:41 PM
mr_x Offline
Male Feminist

(10-19-2017 03:41 PM)McCarthy Wrote:  These libtards are playing with fire. No one loses a market advantage in such as stupid manner.
Oh, yes, they do it voluntarily. That's why they're called libtards.
As the left is quite large the moment they don't see it as that dangerous, but when the pendulum swings, they're done. (Ok, probably not, they will find a bigger lefti idiot (like Yahoo) and sell their stupid plattform to them ...)

Anyway, another advantage of finally replacing disqus:
They wont have our browsing data. Disquis is quite dangerous in this matter. They have a browsing history of sites you really engage in, and they have your comments, so they have precise information on your attitude.
10-20-2017 02:14 AM
SlickyBoy Offline
Alpha Male

I read through the now meaningless ROK rules for commenting just now and it appeared Roosh did everything he could to comport with the Disqus TOS. Guess it wasn't enough.

Really not seeing much of a reason to keep a Disqus account anymore. Fuck 'em.

Twitter: @_slickyboy
Occasional contributor at Return of Kings
10-23-2017 10:26 AM
fuckoff Offline
Male Feminist

Roosh, can you make it so writing a comment is at the top of the comments section. Not below! It's a pain in the ass scrolling all the way to the bottom of the comment section to write a comment! I'm on an Android phone.

Is there also an option to change the icon??
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2017 01:43 AM by fuckoff.)
11-07-2017 01:41 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  4 Incredibly Effective Ways To Build Comfort With A New Girl Return Of Kings 0 1,901 09-06-2017 03:15 PM
Last Post: Return Of Kings
  How Effective Are Books On Fitness? Return Of Kings 0 2,695 11-20-2016 06:15 PM
  A Simple, Effective Way To Review Your 2014 Return Of Kings 0 1,078 01-04-2015 03:15 PM