Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Will a women always raise their children the way their mother raised them?
the-dream Offline
Chubby Chaser

Will a women always raise their children the way their mother raised them?
Even if a girl resents the way her mother raised her or disagrees with her parenting style on a rational level, will they always subconsciously resort to treating their children the same way that their mother treated them?

Does anyone have any personal anecdotes that prove or disprove this theory?
12-06-2017 02:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Dragan Offline
Beta Orbiter

RE: Will a women always raise their children the way their mother raised them?
Nope.

The environment determines a lot more than the mother it seems. Especially in regards to social pressures and messaging from media of what acceptable norms are. Ergo, "you go girl-ism", divorce parties, marrying then divorcing to marry up a la Meghan Markle.

Anecdotes aren't ideal examples, but here's one.

Girl I know is early 20's. From a very small town, raised conservatively, always on social media etc, can't cook or clean, doesn't go to church, huge ego, friendzoned a large group of legitimately good guys who are potenital suitors etc, wants a latin cassanova.... Anyway, her mother has traditonal values, attends church, cooks, cleans etc. And her mother the same.

"The first thing I'm doing is I'm catching the sightlines and looking for an exit."

Belgrade Data Sheet
12-06-2017 02:41 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Dragan's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, Kid Twist
Kid Twist Offline
True Player

A couple of summers ago I met a girl who was born here to traditional immigrants. I potentially had a lot in common with her roots and the type of family she spoke of, though not exactly the same. Knowing very well what her mother was like just from plain storytelling, she basically confirmed it all (the West strikes again?) by asking "Can you cook?"

Yes, surroundings are everything.

Get your passport ready!
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2017 08:40 PM by Kid Twist.)
12-06-2017 08:40 PM
Suits Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

My grandmother was mentally ill, so my mother made a concerted effort to not raise her kids the way she was raised.

She and my father didn't parent perfectly all the time (as they were learning as they went along), but they did a far better job than their own parents.

"On Thursday I suspect some overweight girl at the club I was grinding on pick pocketed me for my phone to make sure I stayed with her for the duration of the night."

"I'm guilty of this and have actually went really deep and revealed my deepest darkest dark triad type thoughts to a girl."

"I had this weird realization that my game may have been so tight that the chick stole my phone to get my number without her boyfriend knowing..."

-SteezeySteve, elite forum super-player, dark triad lord and smooth, sensual dancer.
12-06-2017 09:27 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like Suits's post:
Leonard D Neubache, King of Monkeys, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, Conquerer7
TravelerKai Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

My wife raises our kids almost the exact same way her parents raised her. I think she hates the slaps her dad gave her more than anything and vehemently is opposed to doing that to our kids.

Oh wait. What's that? She has slapped both kids for hitting her or throwing things at her just this week?

Nevermind.....

Laugh

What women say and what they do are two different things.

The environment does not change them in my opinion. It's culture and value system.

Now do I expect my wife to golf swing a shoe into my kid's faces like we have seen people in China do? Nah. Alot of the people doing that are farmers and folks from the countryside. You do not need a college degree to let you know that some things are just a bit too much.

I still have yet to see a Chinese person tolerate bad behavior in a store, like white or black parents let their kids do in the US. All of the married ones in my circle talk about how bad kids here are as if they just saw someone walk down the street naked. They take pictures of these other bad kids and show it on Wechat and Weibo.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.
12-13-2017 10:10 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like TravelerKai's post:
paullyFIRE, debeguiled
Suits Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

(12-13-2017 10:10 AM)TravelerKai Wrote:  I still have yet to see a Chinese person tolerate bad behavior in a store, like white or black parents let their kids do in the US. All of the married ones in my circle talk about how bad kids here are as if they just saw someone walk down the street naked. They take pictures of these other bad kids and show it on Wechat and Weibo.

Come to Beijing. The parents here uniformly seem to have zero control over their children.

"On Thursday I suspect some overweight girl at the club I was grinding on pick pocketed me for my phone to make sure I stayed with her for the duration of the night."

"I'm guilty of this and have actually went really deep and revealed my deepest darkest dark triad type thoughts to a girl."

"I had this weird realization that my game may have been so tight that the chick stole my phone to get my number without her boyfriend knowing..."

-SteezeySteve, elite forum super-player, dark triad lord and smooth, sensual dancer.
12-13-2017 09:13 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Suits's post:
Jetset, TravelerKai
Jetset Online
Alpha Male

(12-13-2017 09:13 PM)Suits Wrote:  Come to Beijing. The parents here uniformly seem to have zero control over their children.

I was waiting for somebody to say that. I was only in Beijing for a week, but "well-behaved children" was not a key takeaway.

"He always wanted to drift forever, but through the American Southwest."
12-13-2017 10:17 PM
meetjoeblack Offline
Banned

Women spend their SMV running through bad boys and then, teaching their boys to be a beta male all the while they go prowling for cawks. Its a double kick in the balls. Raised by single mom and mom be skiing down cawk mountain. Its why the banished father syndrome era must come to an end. Until dudes stop being cucks and marrying whores, cratered SMV, and dating single moms, the trend will continue.

Out of chaos comes order.
12-14-2017 07:45 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Letting your parents raise your kids crudeloyalist 30 6,668 12-13-2017 06:06 AM
Last Post: fuckoff
  Do you have a good relationship with your mother? RawGod 105 28,510 11-27-2017 09:38 PM
Last Post: Jetset
  Good movies, stories and cultural content to raise red pill children Hesychasm 11 3,816 09-15-2016 12:06 PM
Last Post: NewMeta