Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Forum exchange escrow
Roosh Offline
Innovative Casanova

Forum exchange escrow
Is it worth setting up a way for members to exchange coins with each other? For example, say I want to trade Litecoin with another member's Bitcoin. We send our coins to a trusted escrow member who has wallets for both coins, and once both coins are received, the escrow agent completes the trade and gets a fee that is comparable or less to what an exchange site offers.

The first escrow agent would have to be a highly trusted member of the community. We also have to consider legal ramifications depending on his local jurisdiction.

Roosh
http://www.rooshv.com
12-07-2017 09:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Roosh's post:
PainPositive, Handsome Creepy Eel
zoom Offline
Chubby Chaser
Gold Member

RE: Forum exchange escrow
There's already a service that works well for exchanging crypto- shapeshift.io. It costs about $15 USD to do a trade because Shapeshift makes money on the spread.

I would suggest setting up a system here for buying and selling.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2017 10:24 AM by zoom.)
12-07-2017 10:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes zoom's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel
yaku Offline
Beta Orbiter

If you can handle the legal issues, it's a great idea. Might cause a lot of unexpected headaches for you though.
12-07-2017 02:52 PM
SamuelBRoberts Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

Why would you want to do this? Is someone here barred from using exchanges?

Datasheets: Stretches for Better Posture, Sous-Vide Cooking, Easy Cryptocurrency Investing
12-08-2017 12:03 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes SamuelBRoberts's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel
PainPositive Offline
Chubby Chaser
Gold Member

Yes! Exchanges are a fucking ripoff. By the time you buy the bitcoin with your bank and then pay to withdraw the bitcoin and the fees it sucks. I'm trying to buy some more bitcoin right now and it's a pain in the ass.
12-09-2017 10:38 AM
Bill Brasky Offline
Chubby Chaser
Gold Member

There are a few places to do over the counter (OTC) trades. I know that Bitfinex is one of them but it requires a minimum of $100k deal. Localbitcoins actually has a decent escrow type system from what I've heard and I think meeting someone directly for over the counter trades is probably safe if the person is properly vetted and precautions are taken.

The only reason I would think that it would be good to engage in OTC trades via some sort of trust-based system on the forum is if some members are in places where purchasing is either extremely difficult or illegal. I have heard of some sting operations on localbitcoins in Russia and other places where Bitcoin is illegal or where making trades is illegal.

I would be interested in participating in some sort of OTC trading program with forum members. I have done some types of deals with other members where large amounts of money were exchanged and everything went smoothly.
12-09-2017 11:59 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sites to buy and exchange cryptocurrency Rossi 0 197 Today 03:51 AM
Last Post: Rossi
  How long and how difficult was to make withdrawal/exchange from BTC/ETH to fiat $ ? kuros 21 1,654 12-09-2017 04:33 PM
Last Post: ViberOne
  Kucoin. Own shares in an operational exchange. Bill Brasky 9 720 10-30-2017 03:40 AM
Last Post: dasher