My New Book Game Is Finally Here! After two years of hard work, I'm proud to release Game. Click here for full details.

Study: South Asian Immigrants To Canada Abort More Than Half Of Female Fetuses
Suits Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

Study: South Asian Immigrants To Canada Abort More Than Half Of Female Fetuses
Preference for boys persists among 2nd generation South Asian parents, study finds

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/06...finds.html

Quote:A new Ontario study has found the preference for boys among South Asian parents persists among second-generation families born and raised in Canada, pushing the male-to-female ratio to 280 boys born for every 100 girls.

That's insane.

Quote:Previous research showed that women born in India, who already had two daughters, gave birth in Ontario to 196 boys for every 100 girls — compared to just 104 boys per 100 girls among non-South Asians — but the new finding surprised even the researchers.
While immigrants tend to assimilate over time, “from the evidence we see, this suggests it is different when it comes to the preference for sons,” said the study’s lead author, Dr. Susitha Wanigaratne, a social epidemiologist and post-doctoral fellow at the Centre for Urban Health Solutions at St. Michael’s Hospital and the Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences.
The study, published Thursday in the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health, examined live births to first- and second-generation mothers of South Asian ethnicity between 1993 and 2014, based on data from the institute, the immigration department and the Canadian Institute for Health Information’s Discharge Abstract.

Almost 10,300 live births to second-generation South Asian mothers and 36,687 live births to their first-generation counterparts in Ontario were identified.

Among the second-generation South Asian mothers with two previous daughters and at least one prior abortion, 280 boys were born for every 100 girls, which was greater than the male-to-female ratio among their first-generation peers. The report suggests both groups of mothers are likely taking part in sex-selective abortion in Ontario.

Most likely? There's only two ways you get a sex ratio that skewed. Magic and murder.

Quote:Born and raised in Brampton, Manvir Bhangu, founder of a non-profit group that promotes gender equity among South Asians in Greater Toronto, said she was both shocked and saddened by the findings.

“Even though you were born and grew up in Canada and are highly educated, you still can’t get away from the culture. You are surrounded by it. South Asian women carry the honour of the family on their shoulders for their parents and in-laws,” said Bhangu, 26, of Laadliyan Celebrating Daughters. (Laadliyan, in Punjabi and Hindi, means beloved daughters.)

Good point. Now what are you going to do about it?

Quote:“It comes down to having a place at home and in the community. It makes a big difference in your presence in the family whether you give birth to three boys or three girls. It’s easier to be loved and wanted by the people around you with three boys. People do make nasty comments if you have three girls,” added Bhangu, a co-author of the study. “The bottom line is keeping the family name alive.”

All cultures are equal.

Quote:The report said it appears South Asian immigrant parents emphasize educating their second-generation daughters out of the need to uphold the image of a “model minority,” as hardworking, disciplined and successful, as well as the desire to restrict the girls’ social engagements outside of the home in order to limit western influence and improve marriageability.

As you can see, the article barely mentions or addresses that use of abortion to get rid of unwanted girls. If they focused on that, the male feminist writing the article would have to admit that statements like "only a woman knows what is best for her body" are garbage.

So instead, the solution to this problem is....

Quote:Both Wanigaratne and Bhangu hope the study can get the community to start a dialogue about gender equity and culture.

...a fucking dialogue.

I'm the King of Beijing!
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2018 09:47 PM by Suits.)
06-21-2018 09:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 15 users Like Suits's post:
Thot Leader, CynicalContrarian, Spaniard88, Soundbyte, Handsome Creepy Eel, Latan, Ocelot, gework, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, TheOllam, NoMoreTO, SupaDorkLooza, SlickyBoy, Roardog, the Thing
CynicalContrarian Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

RE: Study: South Asian Immigrants To Canada Abort More Than Half Of Female Fetuses
There's a gender abortion gap now...?

Oh man, I can't keep up.
06-21-2018 10:04 PM
[-] The following 9 users Like CynicalContrarian's post:
StrikeBack, Soundbyte, Handsome Creepy Eel, Latan, Huxley Badkin, TheOllam, NoMoreTO, Canopus, SlickyBoy
Thot Leader Offline
Chubby Chaser
Gold Member

RE: Study: South Asian Immigrants To Canada Abort More Than Half Of Female Fetuses
I guess all those honor killings can be seen as retroactive abortions.
06-21-2018 10:22 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Thot Leader's post:
thedarkknight, SlickyBoy
kinjutsu Offline
True Player

"South Asians"???
These aren't Filipino or Thai people...

One thing i really don't like is when they throw around the term "south asian" for people from India/Pakistan. At best they should use West Asian or South West Asian.
South Asian make it sound like these people are Chinese, Cambodian or Mongolian.

My Twitter

You can't get lucky all the time, but you can be smart everyday though...
06-21-2018 10:48 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like kinjutsu's post:
Spaniard88, Soundbyte, Handsome Creepy Eel
Repo Offline
True Player

WNB

[Image: susitha_wanigaratne.jpg]
06-21-2018 10:53 PM
scotian Online
International Playboy
Gold Member

I've always understood South Asian to imply people from the sub continent so India/Pakistan/Bangladesh, it still beats the Brit term "Asian". I wonder what PM Peoplekind, the feminist PM, has to say about this? I think this could qualify as one of those "cultural barbaric practices" that Harper was going off about in 2015 but I doubt any Canadian politician will touch this with a ten foot pole, too many brown voters to alienate. Perhaps Jagmeet Singh will, hahaha!

God damned them all, I was told we'd cruise the seas for American gold, we'd fire no guns-shed no tears, now I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier, the last of Barrett's privateers!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIwzRkjn86w
06-21-2018 10:56 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like scotian's post:
kinjutsu, azulsombra, Handsome Creepy Eel, MisanthropicMilieu
Suits Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

(06-21-2018 10:48 PM)kinjutsu Wrote:  "South Asians"???

One thing i really don't like is when they throw around the term "south asian" for people from India/Pakistan. At best they should use West Asian or South West Asian.
South Asian make it sound like these people are Chinese, Cambodian or Mongolian.

Here ya go.

[Image: regiomap.gif]

That should get you up to speed.

I'm the King of Beijing!
06-21-2018 11:26 PM
[-] The following 21 users Like Suits's post:
RawGod, kinjutsu, WalterBlack, BlueMark, Jungle, azulsombra, MisanthropicMilieu, zigZag, Teedub, Slim Shady, Thot Leader, coverdoc, Isaac Jordan, TheOllam, IveBeenFramed, kaotic, Prince Machiavelli, joost, Professor Fox, Soothesayer, Roardog
cascadecombo Offline
True Player

And the price of pussy skyrockets with the incoming scarcity.
06-21-2018 11:59 PM
Transsimian Offline
True Player
Gold Member

Now I know what is behind the IRT epidemic.

If the ratios were reversed...
[Image: h6isj2au7glz.png]

Likes denote appreciation, not necessarily agreement |Stay Anonymous Online Datasheet| Unmissable video on Free Speech
06-22-2018 12:16 AM
[-] The following 22 users Like Transsimian's post:
beta_plus, Soundbyte, nomadbrah, Handsome Creepy Eel, Ouroboros, ed pluribus unum, Latan, JohnKreese, DJ-Matt, Ocelot, [email protected], calidude, Genghis Khan, Akwesi, Isaac Jordan, Geomann180, kaotic, SupaDorkLooza, Prince Machiavelli, Professor Fox, Roardog, the Thing
Mage Offline
True Player

Dumbasses - these immigrants don't understand that in a liberal western country like Canada women have more opportunities then men. Affirmative action, diversity quotas, welfare state, female favoring divorce laws, sexual harassment laws, hordes of white knights ready to serve, hordes of pickup artists using their best game to entertain a small pool of lazy corrupt females - being a female is more easy, free state sponsorship and free alimony money is guaranteed. Their son will struggle to get education, money and children, while their daughter will be given this all on a silver plate.
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2018 12:21 AM by Mage.)
06-22-2018 12:20 AM
[-] The following 7 users Like Mage's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, TravelerKai, Akwesi, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, TheOllam, Prince Machiavelli, joost
BortimusPrime Online
True Player

I suppose on the plus side this will naturally solve itself if you get immigration reform. If the Indians already here assimilate and only have one or two kids and then selectively abort the females, the resulting reproductive bottleneck means eventually I won't have any more annoying lazy slackers working with me in software dev.
06-22-2018 12:50 AM
beta_plus Offline
Wingman

Aborting girls in Ontario? ORLY?
Ontario Natives:

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

CHALLENGE...

[Image: Pickup%2BArtist%2BTyler%2BDurden%2BAl16%...Durden.jpg]

ACCEPTED.

[Image: famous-characters-troll-face-challenge-a...256559.jpg]

you might as well lecture RAF pilots about the evil of the Luftwaffe in 1940 ...
06-22-2018 01:20 AM
WalterBlack Offline
True Player

(06-21-2018 10:48 PM)kinjutsu Wrote:  "South Asians"???

West Asia is what western countries refer to as The Middle East.

(06-22-2018 12:50 AM)BortimusPrime Wrote:  I suppose on the plus side this will naturally solve itself if you get immigration reform. If the Indians already here assimilate and only have one or two kids and then selectively abort the females, the resulting reproductive bottleneck means eventually I won't have any more annoying lazy slackers working with me in software dev.

The Indians in the OP are from a different population. It's the dumb fuck village uneducated Punjabi families that are aborting females. A lot of the Canadian born kids inherit this mindset.

I'm Punjabi myself so I am familiar with the mindset. The male to female ration in Punjabi itself is one of the worst in India.

Punjabis have a party called Lohri every time they have a son. Do you know what they cerebrate when they have a daughter? Nothing.

Educated Indian nerds who work in IT tend to be South Indians. Punjabis are north Indians.
06-22-2018 01:42 AM
[-] The following 6 users Like WalterBlack's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, kinjutsu, scotian, TravelerKai, Ocelot, Soothesayer
thedarkknight Offline
Chubby Chaser

(06-21-2018 10:22 PM)Thot Leader Wrote:  I guess all those honor killings can be seen as retroactive abortions.

Rep.

"Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you"
06-22-2018 01:53 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes thedarkknight's post:
Thot Leader
StrikeBack Offline
True Player
Gold Member

What is wrong with these barbaric IRT families? Can't they just have sons *and* daughters? It's not like Canada has some retarded one child policy like China (in recent past).

StrikeBack's Wife School
06-22-2018 04:31 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes StrikeBack's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel
hv123 Offline
Recovering Beta

It blows my mind that people can see an live image of their own child growing and then decide to kill it. Absolutely disgusting.
06-22-2018 04:34 AM
[-] The following 9 users Like hv123's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, Beyond Borders, Latan, Slim Shady, Renzy, Aurini, Genghis Khan, joost, Soothesayer
nomadbrah Offline
International Playboy

Sick.
06-22-2018 04:43 AM
Handsome Creepy Eel Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

That's what every country will eventually get for allowing non-medically-necessary abortion. Right now it's these barbarians, but in the future it may be a deranged feminist or religious cult or even just a hip fashion trend. Either way, it's just asking for sausage fests trouble.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before
06-22-2018 04:55 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like Handsome Creepy Eel's post:
hv123, Suits, Ocelot, Renzy, spokepoker
Belgrano Offline
True Player
Gold Member

(06-21-2018 09:46 PM)Suits Wrote:  
Quote:A new Ontario study has found the preference for boys among South Asian parents persists among second-generation families born and raised in Canada, pushing the male-to-female ratio to 280 boys born for every 100 girls.

That's insane.

I don't think that's what the study actually says.

Quote:Among the second-generation South Asian mothers with two previous daughters and at least one prior abortion, 280 boys were born for every 100 girls, which was greater than the male-to-female ratio among their first-generation peers. The report suggests both groups of mothers are likely taking part in sex-selective abortion in Ontario.

So among
  • second-generation
  • South Asian women
  • with two previous daughters
  • and at least one prior abortion

the ratio is 280 boys born for every 100 girls.

Doesn't sound like a huge group.

It's still a disgusting practice though.
Just another one of the many wonders of diversity.
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2018 04:59 AM by Belgrano.)
06-22-2018 04:57 AM
[-] The following 7 users Like Belgrano's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, hv123, Buck Wild, Genghis Khan, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, Roardog, the Thing
Parlay44 Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

And how many of these Asian girls are getting with sexy Canadian white boys?

Asian dudes have it rough.

Team Nachos
06-22-2018 05:49 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Parlay44's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, spokepoker
BortimusPrime Online
True Player

(06-22-2018 01:42 AM)WalterBlack Wrote:  
(06-22-2018 12:50 AM)BortimusPrime Wrote:  I suppose on the plus side this will naturally solve itself if you get immigration reform. If the Indians already here assimilate and only have one or two kids and then selectively abort the females, the resulting reproductive bottleneck means eventually I won't have any more annoying lazy slackers working with me in software dev.

The Indians in the OP are from a different population. It's the dumb fuck village uneducated Punjabi families that are aborting females. A lot of the Canadian born kids inherit this mindset.

I'm Punjabi myself so I am familiar with the mindset. The male to female ration in Punjabi itself is one of the worst in India.

Punjabis have a party called Lohri every time they have a son. Do you know what they cerebrate when they have a daughter? Nothing.

Educated Indian nerds who work in IT tend to be South Indians. Punjabis are north Indians.

Huh, that'd go a long way towards explaining why the Tamil dude I was friends with in college didn't much care for me calling him a poon-jabber.
06-22-2018 06:01 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes BortimusPrime's post:
ChefAllDay
ed pluribus unum Online
Wingman

(06-21-2018 10:56 PM)scotian Wrote:  I've always understood South Asian to imply people from the sub continent so India/Pakistan/Bangladesh, it still beats the Brit term "Asian". I wonder what PM Peoplekind, the feminist PM, has to say about this? I think this could qualify as one of those "cultural barbaric practices" that Harper was going off about in 2015 but I doubt any Canadian politician will touch this with a ten foot pole, too many brown voters to alienate. Perhaps Jagmeet Singh will, hahaha!

PM Peoplekind will stay mum on the issue. Doesn't want to go near the whole feminism vs. aborting females issue, and trying too hard to curry favour with the 'South Asian' bloc.

"Intellectuals are naturally attracted by the idea of a planned society, in the belief that they will be in charge of it" -Roger Scruton
06-22-2018 06:23 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like ed pluribus unum's post:
Huxley Badkin, Handsome Creepy Eel, spokepoker
churros Offline
Banned

(06-22-2018 04:34 AM)hv123 Wrote:  It blows my mind that people can see an live image of their own child growing and then decide to kill it. Absolutely disgusting.

Yeah. But primitive people were always less empathetic towards their children, because many of them would die anyway. Consider Oedipus getting left on the rock, for example. The reason male sons are desired is because they are economically beneficial in a climate of extreme poverty. So you might say the solution is to increase economic prospects for women, which leads to.... feminism. I don't advocate either of these options, but extremes simply exist in the world, and crude moralism is not always the best way to interpret them.
06-22-2018 06:40 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes churros's post:
RoastBeefCurtains4Me
scotian Online
International Playboy
Gold Member

(06-22-2018 06:23 AM)ed pluribus unum Wrote:  
(06-21-2018 10:56 PM)scotian Wrote:  I've always understood South Asian to imply people from the sub continent so India/Pakistan/Bangladesh, it still beats the Brit term "Asian". I wonder what PM Peoplekind, the feminist PM, has to say about this? I think this could qualify as one of those "cultural barbaric practices" that Harper was going off about in 2015 but I doubt any Canadian politician will touch this with a ten foot pole, too many brown voters to alienate. Perhaps Jagmeet Singh will, hahaha!

PM Peoplekind will stay mum on the issue. Doesn't want to go near the whole feminism vs. aborting females issue, and trying too hard to curry favour with the 'South Asian' bloc.

Hahaha, I see what you did there!

Guys come one, this isn't solely a south Asian issue, the Chinese do it too!
[img][Image: 28tvmoo.png][/img]

God damned them all, I was told we'd cruise the seas for American gold, we'd fire no guns-shed no tears, now I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier, the last of Barrett's privateers!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIwzRkjn86w
06-22-2018 07:19 AM
[-] The following 7 users Like scotian's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, spokepoker, ed pluribus unum, beta_plus, CynicalContrarian, Laner, SupaDorkLooza
Suits Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

(06-22-2018 04:57 AM)Belgrano Wrote:  
(06-21-2018 09:46 PM)Suits Wrote:  

That's insane.

I don't think that's what the study actually says.

Quote:Among the second-generation South Asian mothers with two previous daughters and at least one prior abortion, 280 boys were born for every 100 girls, which was greater than the male-to-female ratio among their first-generation peers. The report suggests both groups of mothers are likely taking part in sex-selective abortion in Ontario.

So among
  • second-generation
  • South Asian women
  • with two previous daughters
  • and at least one prior abortion

the ratio is 280 boys born for every 100 girls.

Doesn't sound like a huge group.

It's still a disgusting practice though.
Just another one of the many wonders of diversity.

It looks like you are right. As both quotes are from the linked article, it makes me wonder if the writer really understood the study or simply fucked up the introduction to the article.

I'm the King of Beijing!
06-22-2018 10:06 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Suits's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, Genghis Khan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Female CEO attacked in subway by "Asian" man, complains white men refused to help Thot Leader 183 23,181 08-15-2018 04:20 PM
Last Post: Thot Leader
  Happy Canada Day! Kona 32 11,481 07-02-2018 05:22 AM
Last Post: Kona
  RVF Group Study: Molyneaux Masterclass In Female Fibbing & Super Simping Conscious Pirate 21 4,440 10-31-2017 07:16 PM
Last Post: Svoboda