Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Oxford shirts + Chino pants tuck in or don't tuck in
SteezeySteve Offline
Chubby Chaser

Oxford shirts + Chino pants tuck in or don't tuck in
I'm entering in my first year of college. I've worked in sales during my gap year so my wardrobe changed from a fratty style to a few nice Oxford button downs and Dockers (other than that I own workout clothes for the gym) during my gap year.

Im comfortable wearing my button downs tucked in but do you think this might come across as nerdy/ try hard? My shirts are a little long so they can be worn untucked but if I tuck them in you can see my vtaper better.

I'm thinking if I undo a couple buttons and roll up the sleeves it'll look more casual and more cocaine dealer than try hard....I've had girls refer to me as the guy who always shows up in a "suit" to party's and guys make jokes about "being on the phone with pablo escabar" so I guess that's not a bad thing. Other than the Oxford s I'll probably wear a wife beater with the slacks and dress shoes

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2018 07:40 PM by SteezeySteve.)
08-12-2018 07:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
DaveR Offline
Alpha Male
Gold Member

RE: Oxford shirts + Chino pants tuck in or don't tuck in
(08-12-2018 07:22 PM)SteezeySteve Wrote:  Im comfortable wearing my button downs tucked in but do you think this might come across as nerdy/ try hard?

Not if they're tailored and tight fitting around the waist.
08-12-2018 07:39 PM
Goldin Boy Offline
Alpha Male

I always tuck my shirt. I don't care if it looks nerdy, I like it like that so that's how I wear it. Fuck what others might think about it.

But if you feel uncomfortable with them tucked just untuck them.

(08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  ...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.
08-12-2018 08:44 PM
Investment Bro Offline
Chubby Chaser

Depends on what kind of school you go to.

I used to rock the chinos plus an oxford with sperries all the time back in school, but I was joking labeled a Chad by my buddies. Generally speaking, you'll look more put together than the majority of your compatriots with an untucked oxford, because the majority of college bros are slobs.

As far as rolling up your sleeves? I do it all the time. If your forearms are in good shape, it's a really good way to subtly show off your figure and the watch I'm going to assume you're wearing.

Good luck at school, it definitely sounds like you're going to stick out in a good way.

5 Week Strength Program Now Available
08-12-2018 09:14 PM
Montrose Offline
Chubby Chaser

Classic OCBD (ideally slim fit) should be tucked in. Roll up sleeves and open two buttons for a more casual look.

More casual fit shirts in Chambray, Selvedge, or linen should be untucked.
08-13-2018 04:49 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Style]  Polo shirts losing shape Horus 4 1,149 01-08-2018 09:22 AM
Last Post: scrambled
  [Style]  Cheat sheet to match patterned shirts and ties for your suit. MOVSM 22 6,584 10-05-2017 12:45 PM
Last Post: Laska
  [Making Money]  Sell T-Shirts Online (Hold Zero Inventory) WeekendCasanova 61 23,477 07-02-2017 01:47 PM
Last Post: Hypno