Lady Is Here! I have written a book for feminine-minded women (and the men who want relationships with them). Click Here For Full Details.

Ring around the North Atlanic
lowbudgetballer Offline
Recovering Beta

Ring around the North Atlanic
Hello, Everyone,

I'm planing a trip where I ring the North Atlantic. There will be a conference in Copenhagen. From there, I want to hit Northern Germany, Poland, that piece of Russia, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Finland, then Stockholm. Then, finally, back to Copenhagen.

I'm looking for advice from the community on how best to execute. Eurorail pass? Do I spend the bulk of my time in former Soviet/Communist block countries because they will be cheaper? How hard do I work to fit in Belarus, Norway? 1-2 weeks?

'baller

Too much drama for a hit it and quit it brutha such as myself
Gotts Money - Law & Order SVU: Wildlife
11-26-2018 08:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
scengja Offline
Game Denialist

RE: ring around the north atlanic
(11-26-2018 08:41 AM)lowbudgetballer Wrote:  Hello, Everyone,

I'm planing a trip where I ring the North Atlantic. There will be a conference in Copenhagen. From there, I want to hit Northern Germany, Poland, that piece of Russia, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Finland, then Stockholm. Then, finally, back to Copenhagen.

I'm looking for advice from the community on how best to execute. Eurorail pass? Do I spend the bulk of my time in former Soviet/Communist block countries because they will be cheaper? How hard do I work to fit in Belarus, Norway? 1-2 weeks?

'baller

So the idea is no flying? You can do Copenhagen - Hamburg - Berlin - Warsaw using trains no problem, after that things get a bit trickier. I have not been, but I do not think Kaliningrad (assume that is what you mean by "that piece of Russia") is worth it given that you probably need to get a visa.

You can do buses from Warsaw to Vilnius (or maybe Kaunas). You can probably book all buses using goeuro.com. Vilnius is not far away from Minsk, and I assume there are plenty of buses, however I do think there are some special rules regarding Visas on arrival (pretty sure they can only be issued at airport?). If you skip Minsk you can take a bus from Vilnius to Riga. Bus from Riga to Tallin and ferry to Helsinki. From either Riga, Tallin or Helsinki you also have the options to do a boat cruise to Stockholm. Some of them will be "party cruises" so might want to check it out. Flights will also be cheap.

From Stockholm the train to Copenhagen takes around 5h.

Cannot comment on where you should spend the bulk of your time since it depends on budget, preferences etc.
11-26-2018 09:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes scengja's post:
Hypno

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  North Carolina assman 51 22,969 06-27-2018 05:01 PM
Last Post: Bluto
  Summer Destinations in North America? godzilla 6 2,029 03-19-2018 09:13 AM
Last Post: jamaicabound
  New videos on North Korea: Vice basketball trip with Rodman and Harlem Globetrotters LeBeau 2 2,325 03-12-2018 04:17 AM
Last Post: Shimmy