The Paperback Of Game Is Now Available! Several retailers have begun selling the physical copy of Game with free shipping. Click Here For Full Details.

Gillette releases new toxic masculinity commercial: "The Best Men Can Be"
Mortay Offline
Game Denialist

Gillette releases new toxic masculinity commercial: "The Best Men Can Be"
Gillette dropped this little subversive propaganda piece on us today. They clearly do not care about profits at this stage (read the comments and like/dislike ratio).

These companies will stop at nothing with their get woke, go broke campaigns.

01-14-2019 12:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 9 users Like Mortay's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, TravelerKai, Richard Turpin, Latan, LatinoHeat, fiasco360, Johnnyvee, Nevsky, mr_x
questor70 Offline
True Player

RE: Gillette releases new toxic masculinity commercial: "The Best Men Can Be"
Holy SHIT do I hate being preached to from a commercial. What kind of world do we live in? Leave this sort of sermonizing for church.
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2019 12:13 PM by questor70.)
01-14-2019 12:12 PM
[-] The following 21 users Like questor70's post:
Buck Wild, Renzy, Mortay, bortimer, DJ-Matt, billbudsocket, durangotang, bacani, Benoit, Latan, mr_x, Jozi, Rhyme or Reason, Corinth Arkadin, Emancipator, fiasco360, username, kbell, Nevsky, Enoch, azulsombra
Mortay Offline
Game Denialist

(01-14-2019 12:12 PM)questor70 Wrote:  Holy SHIT do I hate being preached to from a commercial. What kind of world do we live in? Leave this sort of sermonizing for church.

Ya it was hard to believe this was real when I first saw it. However, the public seems to not be accepting this crap as tons of comments say they will not be buying their razors anymore.
01-14-2019 12:16 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Mortay's post:
Cr33pin, durangotang, Latan
Buck Wild Offline
Chubby Chaser

(01-14-2019 12:16 PM)Mortay Wrote:  
(01-14-2019 12:12 PM)questor70 Wrote:  Holy SHIT do I hate being preached to from a commercial. What kind of world do we live in? Leave this sort of sermonizing for church.

Ya it was hard to believe this was real when I first saw it. However, the public seems to not be accepting this crap as tons of comments say they will not be buying their razors anymore.

Won't matter. Gillette is owned by Proctor & Gamble and good luck boycotting every brand they own:

Brands owned by P&G

We suffer more in our own minds than we do in reality.
-Seneca
01-14-2019 12:20 PM
[-] The following 19 users Like Buck Wild's post:
Days of Broken Arrows, Mortay, DJ-Matt, PrimeTime32, Once Was Not, billbudsocket, CaptainChardonnay, TravelerKai, Monty_Brogan, godzilla, bacani, Benoit, Latan, Sankt Michael, Going strong, Emancipator, fiasco360, Nevsky, Road_Less_Taken
Oak Offline
Beta Orbiter

Okay, I have a confession to make. I've been shoulder raped like the woman at 0.30 literally hundreds of times and always by white men.

I've been in denial, trying to process it for years. It's just a tap on the shoulder right? Right guys? This ad made me realize how many times I've been taken advantage of. It needs to stop. PM me if you've had similar experiences and need support.

And thank god black men are finally stepping up to put a stop to the white man's uncontrollable desire for black women.

Powerful
01-14-2019 12:23 PM
[-] The following 17 users Like Oak's post:
Mortay, etwsake, Muffuguh, Thot Leader, durangotang, TravelerKai, bacani, the.king, Benoit, Richard Turpin, Latan, 911, Going strong, Emancipator, fiasco360, Sollertis, Nevsky
Atlanta Man Offline
True Player
Gold Member

I cannot believe they thought using The Young Turks would make me buy their product. Someone in marketing needs to be fired, I cannot believe this tested well-Lets make men pussies-That will sell razors!

If you cum in her mouth and she swallows she will not get pregnant.....I speak from experience.
01-14-2019 12:25 PM
[-] The following 23 users Like Atlanta Man's post:
Mortay, Cr33pin, Handsome Creepy Eel, Mr. D, PrimeTime32, BBinger, CaptainChardonnay, SaintLaurentJake, TravelerKai, Sumanguru, njimko22, Isaac Jordan, bacani, Benoit, Latan, Sankt Michael, Going strong, Rhyme or Reason, Emancipator, LatinoHeat, fiasco360, Nevsky, azulsombra
Days of Broken Arrows Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

(01-14-2019 12:20 PM)Buck Wild Wrote:  

Won't matter. Gillette is owned by Proctor & Gamble and good luck boycotting every brand they own:

Brands owned by P&G

Glad to see someone make this important point. I make it when it comes to media. People complain about magazines but I point out they're owned by Hearst or Conde Nast, who own scads of mags, radio stations, newspapers, etc.

The reason I mention this is because all of this should make it clear that the media/advertising industrial complex really is run by huge conglomerates. It's not a "conspiracy theory" to complain about "globalist corporations." They exist.

If more things were locally-owned, we'd see less preaching and more selling, because mom'n'pop stores can't afford boycotts. Boycotts might not work, but telling these people to eff off on their FB page and on Twitter does make a difference, even if it's small.
01-14-2019 12:26 PM
[-] The following 43 users Like Days of Broken Arrows's post:
Atlanta Man, scotian, Mortay, IveBeenFramed, Dream Medicine, Mr. D, RaccoonFace, jeffreyjerpp, DJ-Matt, Buck Wild, ilostabet, PrimeTime32, BBinger, Once Was Not, Isaac Jordan, Thersites, heavy, Cr33pin, getdownonit, Tactician, Renzy, CaptainChardonnay, Aurini, Sumanguru, TravelerKai, Robert High Hawk, bacani, Benoit, Richard Turpin, Latan, Windom Earle, Sankt Michael, MOVSM, Dismal Operator, Going strong, Emancipator, LatinoHeat, fiasco360, Sollertis, Nevsky, Subtext, wunder, Ice
scotian Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

Maybe it's time to join that Dollar Shave Club guys?
https://ca.dollarshaveclub.com/shop/choose

God damned them all, I was told we'd cruise the seas for American gold, we'd fire no guns-shed no tears, now I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier, the last of Barrett's privateers!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIwzRkjn86w
01-14-2019 12:34 PM
[-] The following 9 users Like scotian's post:
Cr33pin, Atlanta Man, Mr. D, CaptainChardonnay, Windom Earle, Fortis, Emancipator, BigTony, Nevsky
Mortay Offline
Game Denialist

(01-14-2019 12:20 PM)Buck Wild Wrote:  

Brands owned by P&G

Looks like 5 out of the 11 Board of directors for PG are whamen. Can't tell who the (((aliens))) involved are yet.
01-14-2019 12:34 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mortay's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel
AntoniusofEfa Online
Male Feminist

You can get the dollar shaving club products. Or get a safety razor from a good maker ( Muehle ) and buy the very cheap safety razors. This way Gillett will not get your shaving money.
01-14-2019 12:35 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes AntoniusofEfa's post:
nomadbrah
Cr33pin Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

Man I hate to bring race into this travesty of a commercial.... but I did notice that every time a guy was being "toxic" towards women it was a white guy and the guy to step in and defend the woman was a man of color.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin
01-14-2019 12:41 PM
[-] The following 31 users Like Cr33pin's post:
Mortay, ilostabet, Rocha, BBinger, billbudsocket, Reaper, getdownonit, Graft, Renzy, CaptainChardonnay, GlobalMan, godzilla, MajorStyles, bacani, Benoit, Richard Turpin, Latan, Windom Earle, Sankt Michael, [email protected], MikeS, Going strong, robreke, AManLikePutin, Emancipator, Xntrik, MiscBrah, fiasco360, Sollertis, Nevsky, Enoch
tr1cky Offline
Recovering Beta

Real men don't shave.
01-14-2019 12:42 PM
[-] The following 8 users Like tr1cky's post:
Cr33pin, PrimeTime32, BBinger, Isaac Jordan, [email protected], Corinth Arkadin, Johnnyvee, Nevsky
CaptainCup Offline
Game Denialist

I use Astra blades in my safety razor. Astra is produced in Russia and owned by P&G.

I’m considering sourcing my blades elsewhere and telling P&G to fuck off noting that sickening commercial.
01-14-2019 12:47 PM
Nordwand Offline
Chubby Chaser

I use a 1972 Gillette S1. I wonder what the original purchaser would have thought of this item of propaganda (I refuse to call it an advert, as it most certainly is not)?

Meanwhile, one of their own, from 1944:

https://www.bonanza.com/items/like/43234...-ad-1940s-
01-14-2019 12:50 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like Nordwand's post:
Mortay, Thersites, heavy, Going strong
Super Average Man Offline
Beta Orbiter

Multinational conglomerates acting as moralising agents by launching worldwide propaganda campaigns is some real dystopian shit.

You're a company, Gillette, you're not my parents. Don't try to teach me how to be a man. Just sell me blades and shut the fuck up.
01-14-2019 12:52 PM
[-] The following 34 users Like Super Average Man's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, [email protected], PrimeTime32, Once Was Not, fokm, Graft, Renzy, CaptainChardonnay, SaintLaurentJake, Aurini, Tigre, Chrome, TravelerKai, njimko22, Isaac Jordan, remarkable vigour, MajorStyles, bacani, Benoit, Windom Earle, Sankt Michael, [email protected], VincentVinturi, Dismal Operator, joseph15, Emancipator, Speculation, Xntrik, fiasco360, username, Batman_, Nevsky, Enoch, azulsombra
Mr. D Offline
Alpha Male
Gold Member

Haven’t bought a Gillette product (blade or shaving cream) in a while. Might as well look into alternative brands.

“As long as you are going to be thinking anyway, think big.” - Donald J. Trump

"I don't get all the women I want, I get all the women who want me." - David Lee Roth
01-14-2019 12:59 PM
Vladimir Poontang Online
Alpha Male

(01-14-2019 12:59 PM)Mr. D Wrote:  Might as well look into alternative brands.

#MeToo. Why? Just Bicause.

That's not how we do things in Russia, comrade.

http://inspiredentrepreneur.weebly.com/
01-14-2019 01:03 PM
DJ-Matt Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

(01-14-2019 12:20 PM)Buck Wild Wrote:  Won't matter. Gillette is owned by Proctor & Gamble and good luck boycotting every brand they own:

Brands owned by P&G

I wonder who makes the cheaper store brands like Walmart's equate? I rarely buy brand name stuff anyway.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
01-14-2019 01:03 PM
Screemingdead Offline
Game Denialist

Lmfao! P&G is an unethical company that tests their products on animals. Now they want to preach morality...
01-14-2019 01:10 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Screemingdead's post:
Corinth Arkadin
Bain Offline
Recovering Beta

What is their real intention? I doubt they care at all for women issues. They want to beat men down more so they become better slaves to their master. Next they will focus on women and beat them down to.
01-14-2019 01:13 PM
IveBeenFramed Offline
Chubby Chaser

[Image: large_2680ff68-0248-4b2e-93b2-ec66520a530c.jpg]

"A happy man is a happy everybody else in his life."

"Ladies if you want to make your man happy, think about what makes you happy and do exactly the opposite."

"Hey how you doin' and I hope you know that I'm an upgrade for your stupid daughter." - Patrice O'Neal
01-14-2019 01:23 PM
Syberpunk Online
Wingman
Gold Member

(01-14-2019 12:06 PM)Mortay Wrote:  Gillette dropped this little subversive propaganda piece on us today. They clearly do not care about profits at this stage (read the comments and like/dislike ratio).

These companies will stop at nothing with their get woke, go broke campaigns.

The first time in many years Gillette managed to put out something with an actual edge to it.

I'll stick to my Buy it for Life Edwin Jagger with an Astra or Feather blade in it.

[Image: edwin-jagger-de89l-double-edge-safety-ra...1539215622]
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2019 01:42 PM by Syberpunk.)
01-14-2019 01:37 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Syberpunk's post:
Aurini, Sumanguru, TravelerKai
Dusty Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

Take care of those titties for me.
01-14-2019 01:46 PM
[-] The following 49 users Like Dusty's post:
Mortay, Buck Wild, Cr33pin, ilostabet, IveBeenFramed, Handsome Creepy Eel, DJ-Matt, Canopus, BBinger, Once Was Not, fokm, Tactician, Graft, StrikeBack, Renzy, CaptainChardonnay, GlobalMan, [email protected], samifon, TravelerKai, Isaac Jordan, Robert High Hawk, Laner, Nemausus, Benoit, Richard Turpin, Windom Earle, Sankt Michael, Slim Shady, Going strong, Rhyme or Reason, captain_shane, Prince Hubris, zigZag, AneroidOcean, Emancipator, Tex Cruise, LatinoHeat, MiscBrah, Leonard D Neubache, fiasco360, RockOn, username, Cyr, kbell, Nevsky, Enoch, Veloce, HustleNomad
The Beast1 Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

Dislikes 6k and rising.
01-14-2019 01:48 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like The Beast1's post:
Cr33pin, DJ-Matt
ilostabet Online
Beta Orbiter

It's funny how 'cultural marxism' finds its most fertile ground among the most capitalist of enterprises. Makes you think.

As others have said, disliking the video, sharing, commenting, etc, is all well and good but it's important to understand that boycotts will not really affect their bottom line significantly. These giant conglomerates know the demographic shifts, they know that even if a large number of white guys boycott their stuff it doesn't really matter, assuming they will even boycott all the companies they have in their roster and not just Gillette. Still worth it though. Be the change you want to see and all that.

Personally I haven't shaved with a razor since I had a job 6 or 7 years ago that required it, but I know it was Gillette cause in Portugal that was the brand everybody used (to the point where we, instead of saying the portuguese word for razor, just say 'gillette' - seriously). Since then, I sometimes use a trimmer, but mostly just cut the excesses with scissors. I like my beard, my wife likes my beard and, apparently, I'm sticking it to The Man. Win win.
01-14-2019 01:51 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like ilostabet's post:
fokm, BBinger, Rocha, Deepdiver

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  American Psychological Association (APA) deems 'Traditional Masculinity' harmful Avoy 58 4,644 Yesterday 06:37 AM
Last Post: CynicalContrarian
  Chinese School teaches Masculinity Montrose 17 2,025 01-07-2019 12:17 AM
Last Post: Avoy
  Laurie Penny: "We need to talk about masculinity" ghostdog 9 4,711 12-06-2018 04:39 PM
Last Post: CynicalContrarian