I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Dan Crenshaw thread
Bucephalus Offline
Beta Orbiter
Gold Member

Dan Crenshaw thread
Dan Crenshaw

Surprised this gent doesn't have a thread of his own already... (or did I miss it? I could only few brief mentions)

Some say Crenshaw for POTUS 2024

Ex-Navy SEAL? Say no more... Dan Crenshaw - Wikipedia

Here he is red-pilling some college kids:

First time I've heard a politician refer to Johnathon Haidt's psychological breakdown on the different values held by voters across the political spectrum - great book, much respect.
05-19-2019 09:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
zoom Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

RE: Dan Crenshaw thread
He seems like just another establishment warmonger.
05-19-2019 09:25 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes zoom's post:
godfather dust
Bucephalus Offline
Beta Orbiter
Gold Member

(05-19-2019 09:25 PM)zoom Wrote:  He seems like just another establishment warmonger.

Care to elaborate?

He didn't actually talk on foreign policy in the video...

He's a non-career politician, only entering the fray in 2018...
05-19-2019 09:37 PM
zoom Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

I didn't watch the video, but I remember that he was opposed to Trump's idea to withdraw troops from Syria.
05-19-2019 09:44 PM
SamuelBRoberts Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

Crenshaw is a warmonger who can go get fucked.

Dude can shove his red pills up his ass.

Quote:Voters have consistently brought up the topic of “endless wars” and demands to “bring the troops home” to me since I ran for office. It’s not a left-right issue, either: Both sides question our military presence abroad. I could answer the question in a variety of ways. I could discuss the need to promote American values, prevent the Afghan heroin trade, disrupt the influence of Iran, destroy the Islamic State, defend allies such as Israel, etc.

But in the end, I settle on one very simple reason: We go there so that they don’t come here.
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2019 10:35 PM by SamuelBRoberts.)
05-19-2019 10:31 PM
[-] The following 7 users Like SamuelBRoberts's post:
BlueMark, godfather dust, 911, username, bobmjilica, The Golden God, floor7
BlueMark Offline
Chubby Chaser
Gold Member

(05-19-2019 10:31 PM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  Crenshaw is a warmonger who can go get fucked.

Dude can shove his red pills up his ass.

Quote:Voters have consistently brought up the topic of “endless wars” and demands to “bring the troops home” to me since I ran for office. It’s not a left-right issue, either: Both sides question our military presence abroad. I could answer the question in a variety of ways. I could discuss the need to promote American values, prevent the Afghan heroin trade, disrupt the influence of Iran, destroy the Islamic State, defend allies such as Israel, etc.

But in the end, I settle on one very simple reason: We go there so that they don’t come here.

IOW he is a military vet but he is no Tulsi Gabbard.

Member of the Japanese MILF hunters club

"Man will always be man. There is no new man. We worked so hard to create a society that was equal, where there'd be nothing to envy your neighbour. But ... there will always be rich and poor. Rich in gifts, poor in gifts. Rich in love, poor in love." Danilov, Enemy at the Gates
05-19-2019 10:38 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like BlueMark's post:
Bucephalus, kruger41
Easy_C Offline
International Playboy

I’m still waiting for this dude to announce a bill that commissions a weapon to surpass metal gear.
05-20-2019 07:54 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Easy_C's post:
Canopus, Tactician, MaceTyrell, kruger41
MaceTyrell Offline
Alpha Male
Silver Member

(05-20-2019 07:54 AM)Easy_C Wrote:  I’m still waiting for this dude to announce a bill that commissions a weapon to surpass metal gear.

I get heavy MGS vibes everytime I see Crenshaw.
05-23-2019 11:44 PM
Bucephalus Offline
Beta Orbiter
Gold Member

I'm surprised so many see him as a 'warmonger'.

He advocates a role for the military and outlines both the importance of having one available, and what the purpose of overseas deployment achieves. There is no imperialist streak here.

I'm all for avoiding unnecessary military conflict. But do people really think not having a capable military is a viable foreign policy? Obama's attempted appeasement of Iran (sending financial gifts), and his unwillingness to address the freedom of the South China Sea (despite his grandstanding "pivot to asia") had made the Free World less safe and cut out Trump's work for him when he took office.

For anyone interested in a historical perspective of foreign policy, I strongly recommend historian Victor Davis Hanson from the Hoover Institute.

05-25-2019 08:32 PM
SamuelBRoberts Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

(05-25-2019 08:32 PM)Bucephalus Wrote:  I'm surprised so many see him as a 'warmonger'.

I posted a quote where he advocates eternal war in the Middle East, and you're surprised I see him as a warmonger?
05-25-2019 08:39 PM
Bucephalus Offline
Beta Orbiter
Gold Member

(05-25-2019 08:39 PM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  I posted a quote where he advocates eternal war in the Middle East, and you're surprised I see him as a warmonger?

No. "Eternal war in the Middle East" was YOUR interpretation.

Warmonger
n.
One who advocates or attempts to stir up war.
n.
One who makes war a trade or business; a mercenary.

If you are unwilling to consider that there are nations/states with ideologies that are incompatible with Western values and wish nothing but ill-will to countries like the US then that's on you. And if you think these countries offer no threat to the free world, then you could argue that. And if you are against attempts to introduce and maintain international stability in the form liberal and democratic institutions, then you should say so.

In other words, if you believe advocates for overseas military activity like Crenshaw have no reason to do so other than for the joy of war or that they provide commercial gains, then you can provide some evidence to support that argument.

Or you could just continue to ad hominem.
05-25-2019 09:01 PM
Easy_C Offline
International Playboy

(05-25-2019 09:01 PM)Bucephalus Wrote:  If you are unwilling to consider that there are nations/states with ideologies that are incompatible with Western values and wish nothing but ill-will to countries like the US then that's on you. And if you think these countries offer no threat to the free world, then you could argue that. And if you are against attempts to introduce and maintain international stability in the form liberal and democratic institutions, then you should say so.

Strawman. The current US foreign policy isn't an "attempt to introduce and maintain international stability". It's exactly the opposite. An attempt to destabilize existing institutions that pose the potential to challenge the Israeli-Saudi axis.

You're relying on unwarranted assumptions to make the case and the way your post is structured it seems that was an intentional play. That is a dishonest form of argument.
05-25-2019 09:40 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Easy_C's post:
911, It_is_my_time, zoom
TigerMandingo Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

The first assumption we have to question is this idea of the “free world”. I’d like a working definition of what that is exactly.
05-25-2019 11:03 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like TigerMandingo's post:
It_is_my_time, kruger41
911 Offline
International Playboy

Free World = The Gay Disco.

λ ό γ ο ς
05-25-2019 11:37 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes 911's post:
It_is_my_time
SamuelBRoberts Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

I think the real question here is how Becephalus managed to time-travel from 2006 to the present day, because 2006 is the last time anybody talked about how the way to "maintain international stability" was to go around knocking over stable, established governments.

Here in the far-flung future of 2019, we've learned that this is nothing but a waste of money and lives, and the whole "fighting ideologies that are incompatible with Western values" thing was a really, really stupid idea.
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2019 01:13 AM by SamuelBRoberts.)
05-26-2019 01:12 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like SamuelBRoberts's post:
It_is_my_time, godfather dust, 911, kruger41
Easy_C Offline
International Playboy

Not just him. I've counted all of a sudden multiple posters have shown up all trotting the same old tired Neocon talking points.
05-26-2019 04:48 PM
911 Offline
International Playboy

(05-25-2019 08:32 PM)Bucephalus Wrote:  I'm surprised so many see him as a 'warmonger'.

He advocates a role for the military and outlines both the importance of having one available, and what the purpose of overseas deployment achieves. There is no imperialist streak here.

I'm all for avoiding unnecessary military conflict. But do people really think not having a capable military is a viable foreign policy? Obama's attempted appeasement of Iran (sending financial gifts), and his unwillingness to address the freedom of the South China Sea (despite his grandstanding "pivot to asia") had made the Free World less safe and cut out Trump's work for him when he took office.

For anyone interested in a historical perspective of foreign policy, I strongly recommend historian Victor Davis Hanson from the Hoover Institute.

Hanson is an out of touch BoomerCon idiot, catering here to a bunch of out of touch Boomers audience.

https://youtu.be/yoAz6o4bUIA?t=208

He complains about Russia becoming an Orthodox Christian country, as opposed to the neoliberal utopia, which was the goal he and the globalists had in place for that country (21 min mark)...

He teaches at Cal State Fresno, in a city that has turned from 94% European to 75% non-European in his lifetime, going from a thriving agricultural town ("Best Little City in the USA") to a meth-infested shithole, and here he is still talking about trillion dollar neocon grand plans to his clueless blue-haired rubber chicken crowd.

Fresno before and now:

[Image: 51reKV4tYyL._SX342_QL70_.jpg]

[Image: 1951-Follies-450x250.jpg]

[Image: Fresno_Memories_II-PLC-PRESS_large.progr...1476891984]

[Image: fresno-postcard.jpg]

Now:

[Image: ts1b9kw5sisx.png]

[Image: adsc_0063.jpg]

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

λ ό γ ο ς
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2019 07:56 PM by 911.)
05-26-2019 07:32 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes 911's post:
komatiite
zoom Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

(05-25-2019 09:01 PM)Bucephalus Wrote:  And if you are against attempts to introduce and maintain international stability in the form liberal and democratic institutions, then you should say so.

I think most people here and Americans in general are sick of the regime change wars. Has there ever been a war that the United States couldn't afford? Should we keep spending 1 billion dollars every month for the war in Afghanistan?
05-26-2019 07:36 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes zoom's post:
kruger41
TigerMandingo Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

Also, there’s no such as a clean “regime change”. You’re gonna be killing civilians. The estimate for the Iraq war is something like ~1 million dead. That’s absolutely insane and in a just world Bush and Blair would have been tried for war crimes.

“If you wanna stop terrorism, stop participating in it”.
05-26-2019 08:06 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TigerMandingo's post:
kruger41