I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

The Stationery Thread
TigerMandingo Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

The Stationery Thread
I think this could be a fun thread. I've been really getting into penmaship lately, namely trying to improve my handwriting. There is something relaxing about writing, which I think is a lost art now with all the smartphones and laptops.

What are your guys' recommendations for pens, mechanical pencils, notebooks etc.?

We could start with pens/fountain pens. I'm a big fan of the Uni Jetstream and that's what I am using at the moment.
05-22-2019 08:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like TigerMandingo's post:
KnjazMihailo, PantyPeeler
PantyPeeler Offline
Banned

RE: The Stationery Thread
(05-22-2019 08:10 PM)TigerMandingo Wrote:  I think this could be a fun thread. I've been really getting into penmaship lately, namely trying to improve my handwriting. There is something relaxing about writing, which I think is a lost art now with all the smartphones and laptops.

What are your guys' recommendations for pens, mechanical pencils, notebooks etc.?

We could start with pens/fountain pens. I'm a big fan of the Uni Jetstream and that's what I am using at the moment.

Don't overlook paper quality. All the major companies source their paper from different countries. Vietnam makes the best paper. I use cheap notebooks with paper sourced from Vietnam.

Pilot G-2 .07

Smooth gel pen.

About a buck a piece.

Lasts a long time.

Easy to find/replace.

Comfortable grip.

Dries quickly.

Rarely skips or bleeds or blobs.

Pilot G-2 .05 or Pilot Precise V5

Fine lines for notation.

A little too scratchy for everyday writing.

Zebra V-301 Fountain Pen

Cheap introductory pen.

It seems to write well.

Cant say I reach for it often.

Im sure there are better pens to be had without spending a small fortune, but these get the job done. I've tried Uniball Signo 207/307 but I always reach for the G-2. They are more comfortable in my opinion.

Improve Penmanship
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2019 07:19 AM by PantyPeeler.)
05-26-2019 07:01 AM
TopPanda Offline
Recovering Beta

Move to East Asia. I'm in Zhejiang Province, China. We have a lot of Korean stationery stores. They have stationery to die for.

I think the aluminum set square and ruler set I got for my sister in M&G was one of the best things I ever found.

I love the notebooks too. They often have funny covers "this is the best notebook you will ever use" and they have cute headers and footers where you can enter stuff like what the weather's like each day.

Also I teach English here and some of my Chinese students have the most amazing handwriting ever. One girl's handwriting is utterly amazing - it's like she's a human Century Gothic printer.

Stuff I've seen on my travels...
Chinese Ladies Mapped by Province
05-30-2019 05:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes TopPanda's post:
BBinger
Marmite Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

I've recently purchased a glass dip pen, though still need to get some ink in order to test it out. I've ran it over some paper, and feel the nib may need some very fine sanding.

I also recently purchased a cheap fountain pen off the wish app. Still yet to test as it requires an ink well, rather than cartridges. The nib will probably need a little fine sanding too.

I have quite sloppy hand writing, so find I need a pen with a very fine nib to make it legible. 0.7 or lower. Paper Mate make some nice pens with very fine nibs, but they don't last very long.

I also have the Uri Kunu toga mechanical pencil that I would highly recommend.
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2019 03:05 AM by Marmite.)
05-31-2019 03:02 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Marmite's post:
TigerMandingo
AntoniusofEfa Offline
Beta Orbiter

The Pelican M200 is an awesome all rounder. It writes very well, looks classy, and is not outside of reach price wise.
05-31-2019 03:50 PM