I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Mt Everest climbers are dying because of long lines
Roosh Offline
Innovative Casanova

Mt Everest climbers are dying because of long lines
Hundreds are trying to reach the peak in a tiny window. They wait near the peak and end up succumbing to the elements.

Quote:A British man has died on Mount Everest, marking the tenth death in two months as a record number of mountaineers rush to conquer the world's highest summit during an unusually brief window of good climbing weather.

A 41-year-old British climber, Robin Haynes Fisher, reached Everest's peak at 8:30 a.m. local time on Sunday morning, and collapsed and died shortly after, at about 150 meters below the summit, according to Murari Sharma, Managing Director at Everest Pariwar Treks. The Himalayan Times reported that Jangbu Sherpa, a guide with the same expedition, also fell ill and was brought to a camp at lower altitude

The deaths come amid reports of massive crowding on the mountain, especially around the Hillary Step, where climbers have to go single-file. On Wednesday, there were reports of two and three hour delays in that area.

Peak climbing season for Everest is April and May, and all of the 10 deaths have occurred within that two-month span.

“You’ve got people who’ve got lifelong dreams, whether they’re 28 or 58, to climb Mount Everest. And they get there, they achieve their dream and they perish doing something that was supposed to be one of the most meaningful events of their life," said Alan Arnette, a mountaineering expert who runs a Mount Everest blog.

2019 has been the deadliest year for Everest climbers since 2012, another year that saw ten deaths, and Arnette said a collision of factors were to blame.

Nepal issued a high number of permits to climb the mountain this year -- 367 to foreigners and 14 to Nepalese climbers, according to a government liaison officer at base camp -- and there is at least that number of local support staff joining the trek. But due to unpredictable weather conditions, there were only five days when conditions were safe enough to summit, according to Arnette, who tracks Everest activity.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/International...d=63274498

Roosh
http://www.rooshv.com
05-25-2019 05:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roosh's post:
debeguiled
Thrill Jackson Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

RE: Mt Everest climbers are dying because of long lines
I never would of thought so many people would be have that much passion to climb Everest.

Good to know their is still a large amount of ambition in the world.

Growth Over Everything Else.
05-25-2019 06:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thrill Jackson's post:
Sandstorm
Cr33pin Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

WNC
(would not climb)

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
05-25-2019 06:20 PM
[-] The following 14 users Like Cr33pin's post:
h3ltrsk3ltr, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, BBinger, Thersites, Tigre, Built to Fade, eck, Canopus, kbell, Emancipator, Atlanta Man, The Golden God, DJ-Matt, v00n
Dusty Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

Their trail is littered with dead bodies. It’s too precarious to remove the bodies, so there they lie for decades. Over 200 bodies.

[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTnvZ9_hTzIG8StRcUdg...0azPQUnUk4]

Take care of those titties for me.
05-25-2019 06:33 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Dusty's post:
Beyond Borders, infowarrior1, kruger41
[email protected] Offline
Alpha Male

the selfie epidemic is real. Even one of my employers talked about going to Mt Everest but ran out of funds because of his on-going divorce-rape. It's not really about skills anymore but about how much money you got.
05-25-2019 06:50 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like [email protected]'s post:
yankeetravels, BBinger, infowarrior1, jordypip23
Thrill Jackson Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

(05-25-2019 06:33 PM)Dusty Wrote:  Their trail is littered with dead bodies. It’s too precarious to remove the bodies, so there they lie for decades. Over 200 bodies.

Source?

Growth Over Everything Else.
05-25-2019 07:09 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Thrill Jackson's post:
Thersites, v00n
VNvet Offline
Recovering Beta

This same thing happened in 1996.

Too many commercial guides take inexperienced people up the mountain + small summit window causes a traffic jam in the death zone.

That said, it's not even THAT difficult to climb Everest with a commercial guide. Sherpas haul all your equipment and lay the lines. Your guide will make all the decisions.

K2 is way more difficult and dangerous. It has ~300 summits and ~75 fatalities.

EDIT: Death happens in mountain climbing. However, it's especially sad that people are dying on the mountain due to a traffic jam. Nepal needs to reduce the amount of permits they issue, which should increase the average skill level of the climber. It would also mean less people getting stuck in the death zone.
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2019 07:38 PM by VNvet.)
05-25-2019 07:19 PM
[-] The following 11 users Like VNvet's post:
BBinger, aeroektar, Thersites, Monty_Brogan, infowarrior1, Built to Fade, debeguiled, kaotic, kruger41, DJ-Matt, crupiea
Cattle Rustler Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

I used to think that hiking Everest was being alone in the middle of nowhere, just you and maybe a sherpa or two....against nature. Only to find out two years ago that you're literally in line with people behind and in front of you. So no, it's not trying to conquer nature but rather climbing stairs with a support system in place.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.
05-25-2019 07:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 9 users Like Cattle Rustler's post:
VNvet, BBinger, infowarrior1, Built to Fade, debeguiled, DJ-Matt, joecolombia, bacani, v00n
nomadbrah Offline
International Playboy

I saw this and thought it was the best example of how globalization and "experience seeking" has gone mad.
05-25-2019 08:01 PM
[-] The following 10 users Like nomadbrah's post:
VNvet, Monty_Brogan, Bienvenuto, infowarrior1, Built to Fade, Emancipator, kaotic, kruger41, DJ-Matt, cibo
PantyPeeler Offline
Banned

Into Thin Air was perhaps the best book I read on Everest. Its become a tourist destination with people spending $60,000 + to be ferried up the garbage strewn mountain. It would be dangerous enough without the crowds of intermediate level prima-donna climbers who do not have the experience and skill to get themselves out of trouble. Reaching the top is the half way point. Each step can feel like walking a football field. You will have to wait in the death zone as incompetent climbers log jam your path. You are expected to ignore dying climbers on you way to and from the top.

List Of People Who Died On Everest
05-25-2019 08:45 PM
[-] The following 9 users Like PantyPeeler's post:
TigerMandingo, Bienvenuto, infowarrior1, Built to Fade, Syberpunk, VNvet, kaotic, BBinger, The Golden God
TigerMandingo Online
International Playboy
Gold Member

(05-25-2019 06:10 PM)Thrill Jackson Wrote:  I never would of thought so many people would be have that much passion to climb Everest.

Good to know their is still a large amount of ambition in the world.

On the one hand, I respect the ambition and dedication it takes to climb Everest.
On the other, what they are doing is insanely selfish and crazy. Why? Let's say they get stuck somewhere near the summit. Then the Nepalese have to send in some ragtag rescue team in a highly dangerous rescue operation. It's happened before and it will happen again. Not to mention all the sherpas that have died doing this shit (though they know the risks when they sign up).
05-25-2019 08:49 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like TigerMandingo's post:
PantyPeeler, infowarrior1, Built to Fade, kruger41
BortimusPrime Offline
True Player

Genetically engineered high-altitude polar bears would seem to be the obvious solution.
05-25-2019 09:04 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like BortimusPrime's post:
RWIsrael, Syberpunk, Canopus, bortimer
PillBoxer Offline
Male Feminist

Leave it to the sherpas to climb those mountains. Evolution has gifted them with the ability to climb the heights.

I mean get real. Go find something else man has never done. This is just another hipster BS achievement people go jack off about like running marathon or Ironman. It doesn't make you a better person.
05-26-2019 12:00 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like PillBoxer's post:
nomadbrah, TooFineAPoint
Tail Gunner Offline
True Player
Gold Member

(05-25-2019 08:49 PM)TigerMandingo Wrote:  On the other, what they are doing is insanely selfish and crazy.

Life is a precious gift. People have too much time and money on their hands. And for what? Its is not as if they are accomplishing anything new.

Having been a space junky all my life, the one thing that I could see myself doing is a space run. If the cost comes down to $50,000 or so and I have the spare funds, I am so there! I would love to float around in space for a few minutes and also get to see the planet from a new perspective.

Quote:If you're looking simply to cross the 62-mile-high Karman line that marks the boundary between the upper atmosphere and outer space, Virgin Galactic says it will take you there for $250,000. The company says about 650 people already have tickets for the suborbital flights, to be made aboard a winged vehicle called SpaceShipTwo. A date for customer flights has yet to be announced.

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/how...ncna919011
05-26-2019 12:13 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like Tail Gunner's post:
Beyond Borders, Monty_Brogan, infowarrior1, Built to Fade, VNvet
Prufrock Offline
Recovering Beta

(05-25-2019 07:09 PM)Thrill Jackson Wrote:  
(05-25-2019 06:33 PM)Dusty Wrote:  Their trail is littered with dead bodies. It’s too precarious to remove the bodies, so there they lie for decades. Over 200 bodies.

Source?

We already have a thread started by the great Tenderman, who I hope is still with us, about the bodies on Mt. Everest.

https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-18350.html

I spent a semester as a volunteer teacher in Nepal back in the 1990s. I didn't go to Everest, but I did spend two weeks trekking in the Langtang mountain range.

Which I highly recommend, as it is much cheaper and much less touristy than Everest. Another good alternative is Manaslu.

Obviously they don't have the cache of Everest, but you can show outsiders your photos and they will have no idea what is Everest and what isn't.

AMA!

The Puritan hated bear-baiting, not because it gave pain to the bear, but because it gave pleasure to the spectators. - Thomas B. Macaulay

Rick Von Slonecker is tall, rich, good-looking, stupid, dishonest, conceited, a bully, liar, drunk and thief, an egomaniac, and probably psychotic. In short, highly attractive to women. - Whit Stillman
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2019 04:39 AM by Prufrock.)
05-26-2019 04:35 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Prufrock's post:
Dusty, kaotic, BBinger
Polniy_Sostav Offline
Chubby Chaser

This simply shows that money took over common sense and respect for nature.
The climbing of Everest must be reduced to something like 1 team ( I am not sure how many people climb per team ) per day.
The Everest became an attraction and source of social pride
05-26-2019 07:03 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Polniy_Sostav's post:
TigerMandingo
Foolsgo1d Offline
Innovative Casanova

I have no desire to climb mountains and those who do in this day and age are vain attention whores. When you're at the top you only get less than a minute to take it all in, get a snap and then told to fuck off so the next no-name random person gets theirs. Laugh

The humanity on that mountain is left at base camp aswell. Walking past a dying climber? Oh better not stop to offer comfort as you will miss your window and the thousands of dollars along with it! Best tweet/facebook about it and take a HD picture to go along with it.

Remember to like and subscribe people!
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2019 07:33 AM by Foolsgo1d.)
05-26-2019 07:33 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Foolsgo1d's post:
TooFineAPoint, kruger41, Built to Fade, Richard Turpin
Polniy_Sostav Offline
Chubby Chaser

I think that there is nothing wrong with climbing the Mount Everest being an incredible achievement symbolically . It is the highest mountains and it is a prodigy. It is like touching the skies.
But this must be reserved for the elite of alpinists .
We can even see how the powers of money is using the sherpa (nepalese slaves ) risking their lives to satisfy some western guy's dream. It is very unhealthy.

We cannot prevent all this but we can just regulate this and limit the amount of people to do it. Noone knows why people are dying up there and why some are not , but we could do something to keep the mountains clean and to reduce this amount of dead people.
05-26-2019 07:43 AM
Nordwand Offline
Chubby Chaser

(05-25-2019 07:09 PM)Thrill Jackson Wrote:  

Source?

A while back, a newspaper in the UK printed an article with much worse than this - the scene depicted in one photo was akin to a battlefield.
05-26-2019 08:56 AM
bbgun Offline
Chubby Chaser

If there's long lines, how hard can it be to climb?
05-26-2019 08:57 AM
Surreyman Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

It's such an utterly absurd situation.

Try to explain this sight to the average Nepalese villager; that millionaires spend life-changing amounts of money to go up and down a mountain.

I imagine their first question would be if this was some sort of religious penance/sacrifice.
05-26-2019 11:07 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Surreyman's post:
911, VNvet, Built to Fade
Leonard D Neubache Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

They should just make an escalator up and a zip-line down and hire some pimple-faced teenager to stamp your hand when you get to the top.

"Congratulations, sir or ma'am. You must feel on top of the world."

*stamp click whizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

"Congratulations, sir or ma'am. You must feel on top of the world."

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.
05-26-2019 11:08 AM
[-] The following 8 users Like Leonard D Neubache's post:
debeguiled, Kona, nomadbrah, kruger41, Built to Fade, DJ-Matt, Richard Turpin, jordypip23
debeguiled Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

I'd be happy if there was an escalator up the steps to kiss the Blarney stone and someone standing there with a set of antiseptic wipes between kisses.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung
05-26-2019 11:44 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like debeguiled's post:
Leonard D Neubache, Kona, kruger41, Built to Fade
Al O'Peesha Offline
Beta Orbiter

This was a big shock to me.

I grew up with Fosh; we went to school together and stayed in touch on a semi-regular basis. Thoughts with Kristyn, his mum, brother and sister.

I'll reserve judgement as to the wisdom of doing what he was doing; there's no way I could make an objective assessment. To be honest, while it may look slightly tawdry from the outside, if I had the means and chance to do this I wouldn't say no.

My grandmother passed away three weeks ago; mind you, she was 97 and lived a full life. I'll be glad to see the back of May.

Men are not creepy. Do you know what’s creepy? Spiders, because we don’t know how they move.
05-26-2019 03:44 PM
ed pluribus unum Offline
Wingman

Honestly, I don't give a shit. I'd be more concerned if the park where my kids play was littered with oxygen bottles and bodies (it isn't. yet). I'm unlikley to ever get there, so what do i care if it isn't picture-perfect?

If these chumps can throw enough money at the quest to get themselves a summit selfie and it puts money in the pockets of the locals, good for them. Doesn't bother me one bit. If there's a resultant body count well, them's the breaks.

"Intellectuals are naturally attracted by the idea of a planned society, in the belief that they will be in charge of it" -Roger Scruton
05-26-2019 04:07 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The NFL is dying Roosh 1,599 357,781 05-23-2019 11:07 AM
Last Post: Robert High Hawk
  On Mt. Everest, dead bodies mark the way. tenderman100 53 38,952 12-11-2018 12:06 PM
Last Post: Buddydowrongright2
  Snapchat is dying Roosh 78 36,101 10-20-2018 04:56 AM
Last Post: TracyRalph