I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Best countries/cities to expatriate to
KingKrule Offline
Beta Orbiter

Best countries/cities to expatriate to
This topic has been discussed many times on this forum earlier, Im sure, but maybe this thread could bring some more structur and systematic way to rate places. I saw a similar thread like this on some other forum, and I really liked it, so I will use the same format here. Its best if you have lived there yourself, or just been there for a while.

You can give each criteria a rating, 7/10 etc..

The four criteria:

Cost of Living - How far does your money go? In terms of food, housing, clothing, electronics, utilities, internet, transportation, etc...

Recreation - How fun is it living there? How is the night life? Is there beautiful scenery/hiking nearby? How is the girls in the area?

How Scary? - How scary is it living there? Do many people speak English? Are the police corrupt? Are you afraid of being shived by a local for his girlfriend smiling at you? Are there groups that hate foreigners? Will people try to rip you off and get angry when you call them on it?

How Easy to Get There and Stay There?
Are you welcomed with open arms at the border? Is it easy to stay there indefinitely/cheaply with tourist visas? Do you need to leave the country and come back periodically? Is there a maximum amount of time you can stay without becoming a permanent resident? If becoming a permanent resident is necessary to stay long term, how easy is this to accomplish? Or do you basically have to marry someone or be offered a job to get in?
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2019 12:38 PM by KingKrule.)
06-01-2019 12:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Dilated Offline
Game Denialist

RE: Best countries/cities to expatriate to
Good idea for a comprehensive thread. This is currently on my mind.

I haven’t lived abroad but in my mind the most important consideration is the visa. If you can’t legally stay somewhere long-term it’s not really viable in my mind.

Legally staying long-term in EE (my #1 choice) as a non-EU citizen appears to be difficult sans a significant investment (~$500k USD).

$1,400 USD/mo. income (of any sort) will get you long-term residency in Mexico. Similar in Ecuador and Panama I believe.

Curious like OP to hear from people that have done it, especially EE.
06-01-2019 03:19 PM
ZAMSKI Offline
Beta Orbiter

I know this is cliche...but the best country to me is Thailand, hands down. This is after traveling to 25 different countries. These rankings are from the perspective of living mostly in Chiang Mai, Thailand for close to 3.5 years. But I have been to many parts of Thailand.

Cost of Living/Value for Money - 10/10 I have never been to anywhere else in the world where I found the cost of living/value for money to be higher than anywhere else than Thailand. I wanted to input "Value for Money" here because sure, you can live cheaply in lots of places in the world but what value are you getting for the money?

Recreation -9/10 Lots of nature, beaches and what not if you are into that. Thailand's infrastructure is the best in of all the 3rd world countries in SEA hands down. Cheap too. If you are tired of the mountains in the north, a cheap flight down to the south and you have access to all the beaches/islands you want.

Girls - 5.5/10 on average. Thai girls are on average very mediocre. If you are willing to hustle and work hard though, you can get decent talent.

Ease of Living Every day Life - 9/10 The easiest of all the places I have traveled to.

Food - 9/10 One of the best countries in terms of culinary variety, taste and value.

How Scary/Safety - 9/10 I feel safer here than anywhere else in the world.

Ease of Staying/Visa - 7/10 They are starting to crack down on people working online via tourist visas especially at BKK airports. The muay thai visa and language visas are available though.

Health Facilities/Health Care - 9/10 Sooooo much more affordable health care here than in USA and quality ones at that too.

After Thailand, my vote would go to Poland.
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2019 04:52 PM by ZAMSKI.)
06-01-2019 04:49 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ZAMSKI's post:
Tail Gunner
Vladimir Poontang Offline
Alpha Male

I've set up a service to help people decide which country/city to move to. But I guess I can't promote it here. It's frustrating, so I don't really know why I'm mentioning it.

That's not how we do things in Russia, comrade.

http://inspiredentrepreneur.weebly.com/
06-02-2019 03:51 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Best Cities/Countries for Black American Guys??? Global Baller 3,999 2,053,715 Yesterday 06:51 PM
Last Post: floridaboiii
  Daygame Saturated Cities in Eastern Europe--Foreign PUAs Ruining Entire Countries? jasond 222 97,292 05-29-2019 02:23 PM
Last Post: Dr. Howard
  Best cities/countries for Indian and South Asian men? Palpatine 63 27,048 05-15-2019 02:40 PM
Last Post: Gary Jennings