I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Why You Should Try to Be a Little More Scarce
Hombre de hielo Offline
Game Denialist

Why You Should Try to Be a Little More Scarce
I'm redirecting to sites to give them audience and motivate them to create interesting content.

Quote:Why You Should Try to Be a Little More Scarce

Conventional wisdom tells us we should eagerly embrace every opportunity that comes our way, but playing a little hard to get has its advantages.

https://www.psychologicalscience.org/new...carce.html

Below, complementary reading.

Quote:The Power of Absence

What isn't there captures attention and traps in in an emotional embrace.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/intl/blo...er-absence

I remember when I went to visit relatives and had a relative who was never at home, I was always at the house of friends, other relatives or partying. When I finally met him, he was more common than I was. Only by his absence did he become mythical in my eyes.
06-08-2019 05:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
lovetheworld Offline
Banned

RE: Why You Should Try to Be a Little More Scarce
This is just too broad of a generalization. An unlikeable person doesn't suddenly become a likeable person because you see him less frequently. You're just relieved you don't have to see him.

An ugly guy doesn't become handsome because he goes out infrequently. He's still just as ugly.

The only time this works is if you are already high value: good looking and/or good personality. And don't forget the term "a little." Don't go into hibernation. All you have to do is become a little less predictable.

I suspect this is a non starter for most people. You have to be good looking/goodpersonality/high value overall to begin with for this stuff to even matter.
06-08-2019 06:53 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes lovetheworld's post:
BBinger
ThriceLazarus Offline
Beta Orbiter

RE: Why You Should Try to Be a Little More Scarce
Good stuff, Hombre. This is the kind of work that made Heartiste great - refining game through scientific study.

I suppose a good way to translate this into our diction is to be less predictable, more ambiguous, and refrain from supplicating.

As an aside, I’ve noticed that when playing the whore-games with these seasoned mercenaries in So Cal everything is a game of chicken - the one less available wins. Honestly, I feel like I’m boxing... Texting is footwork, funny may-may’s like jabs here and there, short impactful voice messages are your straights. Going AWOL - that’s the knockout punch. LTW has got it.
06-09-2019 09:52 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThriceLazarus's post:
Jungle