I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Go-to line for cutting bait with a time waster/flake
Graft Offline
Chubby Chaser
Gold Member

Go-to line for cutting bait with a time waster/flake
Say you get a lead. You've been trying to book a date for two, three weeks and it's not going anywhere, she's constantly "busy," but not outright rejecting you. As soon as we move into the third week of no date, I go super direct. I say:

"Hey it feels like I'm chasing a bit so I'm going to hold off here. Good luck with (rest of summer, spring, etc)"

It pretty much always gets a positive reaction.

"What do you mean, I've been busy with abcdxyz, you barely talk to me, i'm not ready yet"

"Ya I don't know if its worth either of our time for me to hunt you down for weeks or even months. If you want to meet me we should find two hours in the next week"

In sales, we call this tactic "the takeaway". When you're constantly contacting a prospect, or a woman, they take your presence and persistence for granted. By "taking away" that presence permanently, it makes them reevaluate and make a final decision whether they want you out of their lives.

Clear, firm, and concise: you won't be wasting any more time if no effort is given on their end.

I built this empire and I did it by myself. Nobody did it for me. Not Ivana, not Marla. Nobody! ~Donald Trump
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2019 10:04 PM by Graft.)
06-18-2019 10:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 4 users Like Graft's post:
456, Repo, TooFineAPoint, kruger41
The King Offline
Beta Orbiter

RE: Go-to line for cutting bait with a time waster/flake
Sounds like you already wasted your time pursuing someone for three weeks
06-19-2019 07:27 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like The King's post:
Latan, Suits, kruger41
TooFineAPoint Offline
Alpha Male

Takeaway principle is sound, but in romance it may not occur on the same timeline as sales.

Example 1: you just meet a chick and are trying to get the number, date, in-person meeting off Tinder, etc -- if you are unsure at the signals she is giving you, you do the takeaway to see where her feelings truly lie.

Example 2: she has shown clear signs of interest but is suddenly testing you out of nowhere (VERY common in sales and romance; once bitten twice shy and all that), you call the bluff by giving a hard takeaway or urgency creation.

But kicking-the-can (soft rejection, as opposed to hard rejection) is probably not the best position to play takeaway from. Some people are just incapable of saying no unless you push them to the point of absurdity. Does not mean a "yes" is possible.
06-20-2019 03:25 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TooFineAPoint's post:
PapayaTapper
Latan Offline
Alpha Male

If a girl is too "busy" to see you, this just means she's not interested by you.
She'll keep responding to get attention, but that's all.
If Leonardo Di Caprio wanted to see her, would she be too "busy"?
Of course not.

After I try 2 times to get a girl out, she refuses and doesn't propose an other day, I just next her.
OP, Investing your time in girls actually interested by you, is much more profitable.
Good luck on your chase.
06-20-2019 08:31 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Latan's post:
PapayaTapper, Isaac Jordan, kruger41
standard Offline
Male Feminist

Same position as OP for one girl this year. curious what a good nexting line would be that could result in greater odds than just ghosting.
06-20-2019 09:43 AM
The Usual Suspect Offline
Beta Orbiter

Just send them a gif of cats or a crazy cat lady. Whatever you do reframe it one last time or move on
06-20-2019 10:06 AM
The King Offline
Beta Orbiter

(06-20-2019 09:43 AM)standard Wrote:  Same position as OP for one girl this year. curious what a good nexting line would be that could result in greater odds than just ghosting.

I have a 2 cancellation rule with girls. If I set a date and the girl cancels that's fine, we'll reschedule. If she cancels the second time then I just invite them to my house. Make sure you explicitly tell them that the date can no longer happen in the bar. Something like:

"Ok but we're not gonna meet for drinks anymore. If we meet you go to my house"

Whether the girl takes the bait or not is up to her, but saying this is a very alpha male move. The reason the girl cancelled on you before was probably due to lowered attraction levels, so taking the frame on this can only help your chances. The less she expects it from you the greater impact it will have.

The above quote is from a Spanish girl two weeks ago. I saved money by not going for drinks so it actually worked out much better for me.
06-21-2019 01:01 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes The King's post:
Graft
eradicator Online
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

k

Team yoga pants
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...FO1O020uyw
06-21-2019 04:59 AM
PapayaTapper Away
International Playboy
Gold Member

Latan got it right above

"Take away" /aloof /dread (fear) only works to the exact degree already invested in you.

If youve not even been out on a date much less banged a least a couple times what you are taking away is some unrequited attention or the equivalent of a "like".

If youre not highly piquing her interest with every contact your best go to is do something else

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2019 10:13 AM by PapayaTapper.)
06-21-2019 10:12 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like PapayaTapper's post:
Latan, TooFineAPoint, Isaac Jordan, Player_1337, kruger41

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Line Escalation UlugBeg 1 374 06-11-2019 03:31 PM
Last Post: Koolman
  how would you deal with a flake? Zibi Zibi 4 878 12-10-2018 05:47 PM
Last Post: RatInTheWoods
  Tinder flake, next or what? nordicplayer 13 2,603 03-23-2018 01:37 AM
Last Post: nordicplayer