I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Solo Bar game in 2019
Elmore Offline
Recovering Beta

Solo Bar game in 2019
I used to love solo game around 7 or 8 years ago. Always found i was more in the zone that way, made me step out comfort zone and got some great results from it. Now after something of a hiatus, and in a new city where i know pretty much nobody, am considering dusting myself off and heading back into the fray.

Fact is though, that i've found, for reasons that have been talked to death on here already (Tinder, changes in dynamics, smartphones etc etc etc) that towards the end of 2016 and 2017 (last time i was hitting bars to run game with any kind of regularity), my results really dropped off.

I'm in the best shape of the last ten years now, am a young forty, fit and have my style on point. I guess my vibe may have altered, and i may have lost a bit of that enthusiasm I had for game way back at the start of decade, but for whatever reason it just seemed such an uphill struggle towards the end that i turned away from it.

Does anyone still run solo game much? How do you get on? I'm not sure if i'd be better served just having early nights, saving money and focusing on meeting more people day-to-day and in hobbies and such forth instead tbh.

Fact is i miss the days of just going out solo and chancing my arm, getting numbers and pulling. It was a fun time. It'd be sad if those days are gone now, but times change and i'm open to that being the case.
06-21-2019 11:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 7 users Like Elmore's post:
Brazilianguy, pico, rishboy77, jselysianeagle, Speculation, JakckieDanger437, UniversalMen
Eddie Winslow Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

RE: Solo Bar game in 2019
I go solo about 75% of the time, although it’s rarely by choice. I would always prefer to go out with close friends or the rare quality wing, but will always prefer solo over going with people who I am less than thrilled to have around.

Im 32, but fully agree its way harder for the lone wolf than it used to be. Your best bets are the following:

1. Super hipster areas - these tend to have more open minded girls who wont immediately disqualify a guy by himself.

2. Gay Bars - Haters will hate for this one, but lone wolfs are welcome here, the guys will literally throw their female friends at you if they approve.

3. Get a place on Lock Down - pick a high traffic venue place and become good friends with at least one bartender there. As long as nightlife exists, this will work.
06-21-2019 02:03 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like Eddie Winslow's post:
RDF, jackgig, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, UniversalMen
Elmore Offline
Recovering Beta

Concur with one and certainly three. Used to call it taming the bar years ago lol. Always have a few places you could sit and chat to staff. Helped vibe and gave you some vague status bump at times.

Not going to gay bars tho bollocks to that.

Id also rather be out with pals, but like you say rather solo than with just anyone for sake of it.

Thing I find here is it all seems focused on street tables, outdoor places, with waiter service. It’s garbage for solo as everyone’s on their own little table. People here don’t seem to drink inside unless it’s shit weather. I always used to plant myself at bar and chat to the traffic.
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2019 02:39 PM by Elmore.)
06-21-2019 02:36 PM
Atlanta Man Offline
True Player
Gold Member

Gay bars are great places to take girls to on dates. Drinks are cheap, zero competition, good music, and nobody to give her sexual attention but you. Untapped resource for guys who want to take a girl out drinking and don't want to deal with other dudes trying to take your girl, plus she can dance with other dudes all she wants- get all the attention from other guys you want girl, none of it is sexual attraction.

Delicious Tacos is the voice of my generation....
06-21-2019 03:43 PM
[-] The following 11 users Like Atlanta Man's post:
Brazilianguy, Checkmat, jackgig, Meraki, FullThrottleTX, pico, doc holliday, rishboy77, kruger41, AntoniusofEfa, UniversalMen
Elmore Offline
Recovering Beta

I get the logic, but i like to spend as little time around homosexuals as possible tbh.
06-21-2019 03:59 PM
[-] The following 7 users Like Elmore's post:
Teedub, redbeard, Millennial Uptalk Victim, BBinger, azulsombra, Cumlluminates, Manbeline
LAKings Offline
Game Denialist

I always go out solo. That's not true, but it's rare that I don't. We could have this same conversation on traveling...many won't travel on their own. You'd rather travel by yourself than not at all, right? Also, you may find that those who go out with you don't have the same objective or want to go to different places, etc. It's true that night game isn't what it used to be, but that's more up my alley than the apps and I'm still having more success in night game compared to that. It's also what I enjoy more.

I hear you on the enthusiasm. There was a point in the last two years where I got burnt out and took a long break, so it's important to keep yourself in check. On top of what has already been said, know your spots. If you live in a city with lots of nightlife areas, find out what places are the best to pull from. Same goes if you are in a smaller city, find your best places to frequent so you aren't wasting time.
06-21-2019 05:32 PM
SilentOne Offline
Game Denialist

Gay Bars? I dont know about that logic. You are putting yourself in an environment that doesn't suit you if you're straight. If youre bi, go ahead.

This logic is like girls who wear leggings and revealing clothes but get mad about guys gawking, hollering, or even touching them. Now enter a Gay bar and a guy does this to you. You can't get mad. You putting yourself in that environment. No one to blame but yourself.
06-21-2019 05:54 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like SilentOne's post:
Elmore, azulsombra
dirty_old Offline
Beta Orbiter

I’m in a similar situation & still having some luck, perhaps even slightly more than in my 20’s

Yes it is quite a bit harder to find good or consistent venues. I lean towards mid sized clubs & music venues. Anything with a dance floor or live music. Wish I had the confidence etc for small bars but never really have been able to pull that off solo.

Find one or 2 spots to post up as opposed to circling around the venue all night. Don’t be afraid of the dance floor, simply spinning a girl around works as well as it always did. Roosh’s video with toys demonstrating his “wait & pounce after she gets her drink” approach works as well as ever. Less pairs and (rare) solo girls than in past years but still they are out there. Groups even less likely to be receptive to “strangers” than the past, so I’ll generally avoid almost altogether. Even when I do peel a girl away from her group there are too many obstacles, and getting phone # not likely to lead anywhere unless she makes it clear she is really into you.

I get less direct “ioi’s“ like intense eye contact but still often notice that girls will make themselves available by proximity.

From the typical 22year olds I find I get a lot of interview type conversations (a shit test, or even a sign she is interested) but have had to find a balance, the aloof responses that worked when I was younger now seemingly need to be answered directly but with some flirtation/playful banter/teasing instead of blowing them off completely.

The gay bar is not a bad suggestion, I’ve been going to gay bars occasionally for years and can’t recall one time where guys hit on me, they can tell if you’re straight apparently.. In many mid sized cities it will be one of the only “dance floor” type places around, this is no secret of course and as much competition from straight guys as any other place.
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2019 06:51 PM by dirty_old.)
06-21-2019 06:31 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirty_old's post:
Elmore
Elmore Offline
Recovering Beta

Going to gay bars, in the hopes of meeting quality women, seems an oxymoron to me.
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2019 12:11 AM by Elmore.)
06-22-2019 12:10 AM
Teedub Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

(06-21-2019 03:59 PM)Elmore Wrote:  I get the logic, but i like to spend as little time around homosexuals as possible tbh.

This made me laugh, just so straight to the point. I went to a gay club a few times in Poland with mates... never been hit on, they can just tell somehow. It's lots of fun because once it gets past midnight, the girls are drunk enough that they don't care that you're not a gay and are there to hit on them. They're actually way more welcoming of it in comparison to straight clubs, where by midnight they've been hit on or at least stared at repeatedly.

Seeing two gays kiss each other is still not a pleasant sight though, granted.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2019 07:13 AM by Teedub.)
06-22-2019 07:12 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Teedub's post:
Eddie Winslow, rishboy77, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, UniversalMen
Eddie Winslow Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

(06-21-2019 05:54 PM)SilentOne Wrote:  Gay Bars? I dont know about that logic. You are putting yourself in an environment that doesn't suit you if you're straight. If youre bi, go ahead.

This logic is like girls who wear leggings and revealing clothes but get mad about guys gawking, hollering, or even touching them. Now enter a Gay bar and a guy does this to you. You can't get mad. You putting yourself in that environment. No one to blame but yourself.

Two big differences between my experience and the female experience:

1. I'm 5'9", a very solid 180 lbs, and I definitely do not act anything like a woman.

2. I don't wear leggings or walk around with my wiener out. I agree, that would be giving the wrong impression.
06-22-2019 09:36 AM
Beirut Offline
Alpha Male

I travel and go out solo a lot. Its very important to find the right venue. Lumping all bars together is a mistake. Specially as you get older. As long as i find a venue that fits my style im good. If i have to outjump a bunch of college kids all night then yeah im probably not gonna enjoy myself much

Beirut
Budva
Belgrade
Tbilisi
Ayia Napa
Bodrum
Mamaia
06-22-2019 10:00 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Beirut's post:
pico, Brazilianguy, RoastBeefCurtains4Me
Hypno Offline
International Playboy

I used to wear a suit for my job, and when I would work late I would treat myself and have a nice dinner. I usually went to a mid-level restaurant, and sit at the bar and order dinner and drinks. I got a lot of interest early in the week, Monday through Wednesday, and on Sundays. Your mileage may vary. I lived next to a nice neighborhood so seeing a guy in a suit with his family at these restaurants was not out of place, but rolling solo I got a lot of interest
06-22-2019 04:09 PM
yankeetravels Offline
Chubby Chaser

To comment on the gay wing thing. I haven't tried out gay bars, but I will agree with the above that gay guys can make great wings. I have been thrown women a few times just by having a mutual acquaintance that was gay or just having a friendly conversation with a gay dude. They really can be a networker for straight guys and girls to connect.

As far as rolling solo, I've done it enough times to say it's a crapshoot. I can't say I prefer being out solo, but I don't mind it because I usually end up splitting up with friends at bars/clubs anyway for the same purpose.

The one advantage of rvf is that some dudes show up with contagious positive energy that's tough to replicate solo or with other wings.

Biggest thing I'd say is go to bigger venues where you won't stick out as much being solo or go where more solo people or younger people hang out. I wouldn't do college towns though, surprising amount of social circle game required there.

As far back as I could remember, I always wanted to be a player.

2018 New Orleans Datasheet
New Jersey State Datasheet
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2019 09:58 PM by yankeetravels.)
06-22-2019 09:56 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes yankeetravels's post:
Brazilianguy
Atlanta Man Offline
True Player
Gold Member

Please note, I specifically said I take dates (women) out to gay bars to drink- cheapest place in SOBE to take a woman out to drink.

06-23-2019 07:38 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Atlanta Man's post:
rishboy77
jselysianeagle Offline
Wingman

(06-21-2019 11:48 AM)Elmore Wrote:  am a young forty,

A lot of guys get older but continue targeting the same demographic of women (early 20s), then when they don't get the same results, complain that "night game isn't what it used to be".

I'm not saying this is you, OP, but at 40 unless you are in the top 1% of looks (meaning you're better looking than most guys younger than you) you're goin to have to be a bit more strategic in the venues you pick and the demographic you target for nightgame to still be effective. And it CAN be effective if done right and smartly.

Pussy ain't for pussies...
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2019 12:55 PM by jselysianeagle.)
06-24-2019 12:55 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes jselysianeagle's post:
Elmore
Elmore Offline
Recovering Beta

(06-24-2019 12:55 PM)jselysianeagle Wrote:  
(06-21-2019 11:48 AM)Elmore Wrote:  am a young forty,

A lot of guys get older but continue targeting the same demographic of women (early 20s), then when they don't get the same results, complain that "night game isn't what it used to be".

I'm not saying this is you, OP, but at 40 unless you are in the top 1% of looks (meaning you're better looking than most guys younger than you) you're goin to have to be a bit more strategic in the venues you pick and the demographic you target for nightgame to still be effective. And it CAN be effective if done right and smartly.

Absolutely yes, and that's a good point. I'm not looking for a 20 something though. I'm looking for early to mid 30s ideally. I dont think any age gap beyond 7 or 8 years is healthy really, at this age at least. One thing is that the quality trad girls will have married or at very least be in serious relationships at that point, and likely aren't out in bars much anyway.

TBH i'm just feeling nostalgic for around a decade ago, when it was all much more fun, as much as anything else. I dont really think you can really meet much quality out in bars these days anyway. As has been documented ad infinitum on this site, the whole dynamic has changed so much in such a small space of time.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2019 03:17 PM by Elmore.)
06-24-2019 03:16 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Elmore's post:
jselysianeagle, Speculation, UniversalMen
Atlanta Man Offline
True Player
Gold Member

^^ from 1992 until 2011( my initial clubbing time) nightgame barely changed except you got phone numbers in your cell phone instead of writing them down, the drug scean switched from coke to E and back again, and cell phones meant a few more numbers went nowhere. From 2012 until today was a massive change and it was difficult to adjust, even for nighgame veterans. Hopefully, things will change again and social media will lose its stranglehold over everything- one can dream, right?

(This post was last modified: 06-24-2019 04:54 PM by Atlanta Man.)
06-24-2019 04:52 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Atlanta Man's post:
BlastbeatCasanova, Elmore
burncushlikewood Offline
Beta Orbiter

I hate going out solo, the cockblocking is aggressive in some places so if you approach 2 women, usually one gets jealous and pulls the other away. The best is to approach a temporary wing in the bar and ask him to wing for you just to keep the friend occupied. My night game improved significantly after i did like 200 dance floor approaches.

With the bases loaded all we needs a hit boy ima still swing for the fences, I guess you tend to over do it, when you come up under-privileged
06-24-2019 06:04 PM
subterfuge Offline
Wingman

(06-24-2019 06:04 PM)burncushlikewood Wrote:  My night game improved significantly after i did like 200 dance floor approaches.

How? What did you 'learn' and do differently?

Anyway, personally, here at least in the UK, I think going out alone really isn't ideal at all. You wanna be seen to be popular with a group of fun people

I did have some success gaming alone on holiday in Budapest, but it's different in a tourist destination where everyone is travelling on their own looking for adventure.

But here, it's like if you aren't known to her, unless she thinks you're super handsome, you can expect a rejection

My journal : https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-57783.html
06-24-2019 06:11 PM
burncushlikewood Offline
Beta Orbiter

Dance floor game is simple, you dive in confidently on the approach and start moving your body along with her rhythm, then you build space, "push pull", dive back in ect. I once saw a guy at a bar in 2013 with this really pretty girl, he was dancing with her near a wall, just left her and leaned back on the wall and just watched. Shes looking at him in the corner kinda just doing her thing, he jumps back in and starts making out with her. Simple psychology, women love space.

With the bases loaded all we needs a hit boy ima still swing for the fences, I guess you tend to over do it, when you come up under-privileged
06-24-2019 06:17 PM
scorpion Offline
True Player
Gold Member

Unless you live in a city with a really good nightlife scene and have the right logistics to take advantage of it, I think solo bar game is pretty much dead. It's simply not worth the hassle, the results just aren't there in 2019. Women under 30 don't go to bars to meet men anymore. Social media and dating apps have either rendered them socially retarded or else they're experiencing superabundance on dating apps and aren't even open to being approached in person. Most women go to bars now to hang out with their girlfriends and post pictures on Instagram and to meet guys they're already talking to through social media/dating apps. You're much better off investing your time in figuring out good spots to daygame, maximizing your online game with great pics and developing a social circle to generate warm leads. The era of the lone wolf player approaching a random girl in a bar and charming her is basically over, at least for the vast majority of (even skilled) guys. Trying to do that these days is like training to fight the last war. You're charging a machine gun nest on horseback. The odds just aren't very good.

"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.” - Romans 8:18
06-24-2019 07:07 PM
[-] The following 8 users Like scorpion's post:
subterfuge, Geomann180, Rang off the Pipe, Speculation, Elmore, AntoniusofEfa, a beer is enough, HD668B
jackgig Offline
Male Feminist

(06-24-2019 07:07 PM)scorpion Wrote:  Unless you live in a city with a really good nightlife scene and have the right logistics to take advantage of it, I think solo bar game is pretty much dead. It's simply not worth the hassle, the results just aren't there in 2019. Women under 30 don't go to bars to meet men anymore. Social media and dating apps have either rendered them socially retarded or else they're experiencing superabundance on dating apps and aren't even open to being approached in person. Most women go to bars now to hang out with their girlfriends and post pictures on Instagram and to meet guys they're already talking to through social media/dating apps. You're much better off investing your time in figuring out good spots to daygame, maximizing your online game with great pics and developing a social circle to generate warm leads. The era of the lone wolf player approaching a random girl in a bar and charming her is basically over, at least for the vast majority of (even skilled) guys. Trying to do that these days is like training to fight the last war. You're charging a machine gun nest on horseback. The odds just aren't very good.

Where do you live? Clubs are as packed as ever where I'm in. Don't see a decline at all.

My only thing is with gaming as hard as I do I also accumulate haters and I hate the friction. I also amassed many friends too but I love the days where I was more undercover and people don't know what hit them and didn't have enough time to know what hit them and become a hater. People get jealous, that's humans. Wonder if travel would remedy this or how long a certain venue/area takes to burn to the ground.

Peak game in my opinion is polarizing.
06-24-2019 11:08 PM
subterfuge Offline
Wingman

(06-24-2019 07:07 PM)scorpion Wrote:  women go to bars now to hang out with their girlfriends and post pictures on Instagram and to meet guys they're already talking to through social media/dating apps.

A million time this, lol. Certainly seems that way here in the UK, at least.

I often see posts about nightlife being dead etc, but I actually don't agree with that. Clubs and bars seem PACKED here. But the main difference, as you say, is that girls seem more closed off socially then ever. I don't know any (non super handsome!) dudes who get laid with cold approach, but I know a few who punch above their weight through social circle (mainly hot girls they work with)

Having said all of that, that's all I do! (Night game cold approach)

Tinder was a waste for me unfortunately. I'm simply nowhere near facially handsome enough for that game! Basically zero matches. I think I averaged about 1 match every 4 weeks or so, and nothing to show for it (online is pure looks based obviously)

And unfortunately my work environment has no girls

Daygame IS an option I guess, but in a town (not a city) in the UK, it feels like it'd be the same as nightgame approaches (girls not wanting to talk to strangers) but possibly amplified since it's day game and would be almost surreal (creepy) to girls here tbh

So that leaves me needing somehow to develop a new social circle which, to be honest, has me at a bit of a loss! Not sure what to do in regard to that. I thought about joining a salsa club or something! (even though I have no interest but I figured girls would be tere) but from the pics, it's mainly average women in the late 20's and older, and i'm honestly way more interested in the 18-24 range.

So for now, I carry on playing 'numbers game' on hard mode, hitting on girls in bars at night until I EVENTUALLY find one who thinks i'm hot enough lol (or she's a rare super social girl who isn't glued to her social circle/thinks it's super strange I approached her)

Failing that, there's also tourist game which worked out well for me. I went to Budapest and pulled 3 times in 4 nights a month or 2 back. It's way different. Girls who are travelling are obviously way more open to 'random' dudes. Not to mention they have no social circle that takes preference over you in a new country/on holiday! Smile

My journal : https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-57783.html
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2019 06:39 AM by subterfuge.)
06-25-2019 06:33 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like subterfuge's post:
rishboy77, Elmore
Rang off the Pipe Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

I agree with scorpion. The issue isn't volume, because there's going to be at least one spot with a good volume of females in any sizable city. The problem is that girls who go out at night generally aren't interested in meeting men that haven't already been introduced into their lives through social circles and social media ("vetted"). One can have all the great game in the world and still finish a night without even a meaningful or sustained interaction with a girl. This problem is probably at its worst in the West where girls have the support of their careers and the government, and thus don't feel as if they need a man until the hourglass is close to running out on their biological clocks.

(06-25-2019 06:33 AM)subterfuge Wrote:  So that leaves me needing somehow to develop a new social circle which, to be honest, has me at a bit of a loss! Not sure what to do in regard to that. I thought about joining a salsa club or something! (even though I have no interest but I figured girls would be tere) but from the pics, it's mainly average women in the late 20's and older, and i'm honestly way more interested in the 18-24 range.

If you're interested in learning salsa, go ahead and do it regardless of which girls may or may not be in the classes. You can build a social circle by meeting people who regularly go to those lessons. The dancing skills that you would learn can also translate to night game. Just this past weekend I walked up to two women (both looked liked MILF's in their 30's) and as I was chatting with one of them, I casually mentioned that I dance salsa. Her eyes lit up and I proceeded to teach her a few things and then we danced for a good two minutes. Of course, the other woman was waiting in the weeds to pull my woman away, which goes back to what scorpion says about how antisocial people are in night game. Even with that positive experience, the pressure from the other woman was just too much.
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2019 09:55 PM by Rang off the Pipe.)
06-25-2019 09:51 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Rang off the Pipe's post:
Brodiaga, jackgig

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Star Instagram in 2019: why the world is fucked beyond repair shakeitt 79 12,619 Today 06:05 PM
Last Post: Manbeline
Thumbs Up How I got over my fear of going out solo Screwston 155 103,574 06-23-2019 09:21 PM
Last Post: Alpone
  PUing w/o social media? (2019)...obstacle? 818 4 1,221 05-20-2019 11:02 AM
Last Post: RDF