I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Thread Closed 
Datasheet: Free trips to DC for college students
Lost in Transfiguration Offline
Banned

Datasheet: Free trips to DC for college students
Hi guys. I see a lot of datasheets about traveling, but not surprisingly never see any about traveling for reduced costs, or even, for free.

Today, I am here to tell you that you can get a free trip to Washington DC, provided the following things.

1) You're a college student in the US
2) You're prepared to apply for the trip, and maybe deal with one or two phone calls, where the program directors see that you're bona fide interested in doing it.

It worked for me. So I got a free trip to DC while I was in college, this was inclusive of Hotel, food vouchers and flight costs. Alright, so here are the details.

The American Israel Public Affairs Committee is one of the largest lobbying groups in the US, and easily the largest foreign lobbying group in the US. They have a huge conference every year called the AIPAC Policy Conference in DC. There are 10,000+ people there yearly, including college students, jewish people, politicians, business leaders, etc. They are very eager to have a big college presence so the next generation of leaders will be pro Israel.

What is the process of applying? Usually your university will have a Hillel chapter (jewish student association), or College Republicans or Democrats chapters. AIPAC normally circulates open invites to people in these groups. If not these groups, you can email their college/ campus initiatives email and tell them you're interested in going, explaining that there's not an active pro-israel presence on campus. Anyway, it is all pretty easy. They will talk to you on the phone once you have filled out an application and then give you travel details.

You will be responsible for any ground transportation, ultimately. Apart from that the whole trip is paid for. Most the people that go are pretty rabidly pro-Israel, but there are plenty there just to have a good time.

Other things: you will share a room with another college student (same gender as you). I would advise going at least to one or two sessions that way you look like you're interested. There are all sorts of demonstrations, exhibitions, food vendors, and breakout sessions. All the big american politicians are there. They even have mixers in the evening. Like I said, there are plenty of students there to have a good time, and plenty party. If you're not into Israel, once you get there, you can just ditch the majority of the thing and explore DC. There are also plenty of chicks at the conference as well, and there a numerous college kids there who aren't jewish. It is also pretty easy to meet people, because it's essentially a big convention.
06-24-2019 01:29 AM
Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 2 users Like Lost in Transfiguration's post:
zatara, Emperor Constantine
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to budget your trips when you travel? joecolombia 2 458 06-09-2019 08:00 PM
Last Post: 66Scorpio
  Datasheet: Siargao Philippines April 2018 + Cebu mini datasheet idane 10 5,870 11-10-2018 02:20 PM
Last Post: Snowflake
  Free Tours - Datasheet d619rq 3 1,415 05-29-2018 04:15 AM
Last Post: DigitalNomad