I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

The Boomer Question
PharaohRa Offline
Chubby Chaser

The Boomer Question
All

We know about (((their))) influence, but we cannot forget about the Eternal Boomer. I think that it is important to point out how Boomers failed in their responsibility to recognize the decadence and destruction occurring in the Western World, especially the United States. The Boomers should have known better given all the information present but decided to live in sin, and now in the end, they will die in sin.

[Image: 1487612390154.png]
06-29-2019 01:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like PharaohRa's post:
MusicForThePiano, Pangloss, KnjazMihailo
Deepdiver Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

RE: The Boomer Question
Boomers born from 1946 to 1964 were the largest cohort to be drafted and forced to serve in Vietnam and over 50,000 never made it home - This war is vilified by history revisionists but was the first shot across the bow of both the Soviet Communists and the Chinese Freaking Red Communists backing the Viet Cong - then the Boomers were the ones who fought and WON the cold war (Dissolution of the Soviet Union, Fall of the Berlin Wall, Transformation of CFRCs into capitalism, reconstruction of Germany, Japan, and South Korea into innovative Economic powers). The BOOMERS are largely responsible for the safe prosperous USA and EU you all live in today yet many radical left Millenials are calling for Open Borders and massive low IQ gimmegrant invasions of both the USA and EU/UK - go figure.

Anyone who espouses BOOMER hatred should first look into a large mirror at their own reflection.

Deepdiver the OG Hunter-Killer ... NBF - Nuke Boats Forever!
"You do not have to be a perfect person to be a perfect PATRIOT!"

Official Whitehouse.gov President Donald John Trump's real achievements: https://www.whitehouse.gov/trump-adminis...lishments/

Communist Freaking Red China's Plan to Undermine the USA and the West:
https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/up...18-PDF.pdf

The Naked Communists 45 Goals for the USA:
http://www.restoring-america.com/Documen...0NOTES.pdf
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2019 02:31 PM by Deepdiver.)
06-29-2019 02:29 PM
[-] The following 9 users Like Deepdiver's post:
RoastBeefCurtains4Me, Laner, gework, Tin Mittens, Nordwand, ChefAllDay, PapayaTapper, kruger41, Dr. Howard
Spectrumwalker Offline
Wingman

Sucks that young men were drafted in droves and forced to fight in Vietnam. That being said, the Boomer generation is the most spoiled rotten generation of worthless, financially irresponsible, drug addicted, complacent, selfish, spoiled, self indulgent, sodomy loving, big government Marx worshipping losers who are responsible for perverting and degrading our country, it's culture, it's economics, it's religion and it's all been exported to the rest of the world. The boomers gave us the summer of love and all the wickedness that subsequently followed. I obviously don't have to go into details. The boomers are responsible for the equally worthless generations of today raised on liberalism and loose morals and turned out even more spoiled and soft. Everything thing here we're against, and the problems our country and culture face, we can link it back to the boomers.

@deepdiver. I'll gladly look myself in the mirror after saying this because I've gone a personal journey of blood sweat and tears to turn myself into the man I always wanted to be, but never thought I could be after being raised and surrounded by cushy boomers for a better part of my life. To hell with the boomer generation. My hope is that when men here have children, we use the baby boomer generation as an example of what not to be like and raise our children opposite to how we were raised. Yes we may be prosperous and have safety which is nice and all, but I don't directly link that to the boomers. We were fine before the boomers and will always be fine so long as we're Americans with a can do attitude. But theres more to life than financial prosperity, social security.....and debt.

Dreams are like horses; they run wild on the earth. Catch one and ride it. Throw a leg over and ride it for all its worth.
Psalm 25:7
https://youtu.be/vHVoMCH10Wk
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2019 04:06 PM by Spectrumwalker.)
06-29-2019 03:06 PM
[-] The following 23 users Like Spectrumwalker's post:
VNvet, BBinger, 911, Syberpunk, MusicForThePiano, Dirtyblueshirt, Pangloss, Tail Gunner, Swordfish1010, eradicator, Monty_Brogan, Isaac Jordan, Renzy, kruger41, Benoit, It_is_my_time, Brazilianguy, renotime, homersheineken, DJ-Matt, Sankt Michael, KnjazMihailo, pitbullowner
loremipsum Offline
Chubby Chaser

Obligatory:

06-29-2019 03:09 PM
[-] The following 10 users Like loremipsum's post:
RoastBeefCurtains4Me, 911, MusicForThePiano, Kurgan, fiasco360, DJ-Matt, Sankt Michael, KnjazMihailo, redbeard, Matrixdude
fenetre Offline
Recovering Beta
Gold Member

(06-29-2019 02:29 PM)Deepdiver Wrote:  Boomers born from 1946 to 1964 were the largest cohort to be drafted and forced to serve in Vietnam and over 50,000 never made it home - This war is vilified by history revisionists but was the first shot across the bow of both the Soviet Communists and the Chinese Freaking Red Communists backing the Viet Cong - then the Boomers were the ones who fought and WON the cold war (Dissolution of the Soviet Union, Fall of the Berlin Wall, Transformation of CFRCs into capitalism, reconstruction of Germany, Japan, and South Korea into innovative Economic powers). The BOOMERS are largely responsible for the safe prosperous USA and EU you all live in today yet many radical left Millenials are calling for Open Borders and massive low IQ gimmegrant invasions of both the USA and EU/UK - go figure.

Anyone who espouses BOOMER hatred should first look into a large mirror at their own reflection.

You think the victory of whig capitalism (state-sponsored usury) over communism is a good thing? That's like asking whether I'd like HIV or syphillis.

And you say unpayable debt is "prosperity"?

And the EU safe? What about the slaughter in the Balkans only 20 years ago? And the US safe? For americans maybe, but not the countless innocents your government slaughtered in the name of beloved capitalism.

I see the boomers as victims in a different sense. They were the targets of then highly sophisticated social engineering.

If they are guilty as a group, so are we. Because what are we doing? typing useless words onto a screen while the oligarchs laugh at us with their gay shame parades and homosexual transvestite child grooming story hours and so on
06-29-2019 03:10 PM
[-] The following 14 users Like fenetre's post:
RoastBeefCurtains4Me, VNvet, Laner, BBinger, Sword and Board, 911, MusicForThePiano, PrimeTime32, Monty_Brogan, kruger41, Benoit, It_is_my_time, DJ-Matt, KnjazMihailo
VNvet Offline
Recovering Beta

(06-29-2019 02:29 PM)Deepdiver Wrote:  Chinese Freaking Red Communists backing the Viet Cong - then the Boomers were the ones who fought and WON the cold war

And then the boomers shipped all the middle class manufacturing jobs off to the very same Chi Coms in the 90s because they wanted cheap crap from Wal-Mart.
06-29-2019 03:23 PM
[-] The following 18 users Like VNvet's post:
BBinger, 911, MusicForThePiano, Brodiaga, Pangloss, Tail Gunner, eradicator, Monty_Brogan, Renzy, kruger41, Benoit, It_is_my_time, MikeInRealLife, DJ-Matt, Sankt Michael, KnjazMihailo, JiggyLordJr, Salinger
Sword and Board Offline
Beta Orbiter

Yes whilst Boomers are not innocent they are just another of many distractions and diversions from the gigantic kosher pink elephant in the room.
06-29-2019 06:18 PM
[-] The following 8 users Like Sword and Board's post:
PapayaTapper, Deepdiver, MusicForThePiano, Pangloss, Elmore, Swordfish1010, PrimeTime32, DJ-Matt
renotime Offline
True Player
Gold Member

(06-29-2019 02:29 PM)Deepdiver Wrote:  Boomers born from 1946 to 1964 were the largest cohort to be drafted and forced to serve in Vietnam and over 50,000 never made it home - This war is vilified by history revisionists but was the first shot across the bow of both the Soviet Communists and the Chinese Freaking Red Communists backing the Viet Cong - then the Boomers were the ones who fought and WON the cold war (Dissolution of the Soviet Union, Fall of the Berlin Wall, Transformation of CFRCs into capitalism, reconstruction of Germany, Japan, and South Korea into innovative Economic powers). The BOOMERS are largely responsible for the safe prosperous USA and EU you all live in today yet many radical left Millenials are calling for Open Borders and massive low IQ gimmegrant invasions of both the USA and EU/UK - go figure.

And the boomers that didn't bother to fight spit on them when they returned from Vietnam. And those same boomers that didn't bother to fight were all about invading Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, and now maybe even Iran.

You want to know the only thing you can assume about a broken down old man? It's that he's a survivor.
06-29-2019 06:35 PM
[-] The following 6 users Like renotime's post:
MusicForThePiano, Pangloss, kruger41, 911, DJ-Matt, KnjazMihailo
CynicalContrarian Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

We here know that it's not wise to get resentful at women due to their inherent shortcomings.
Better to prop oneself up in the most constructive & positive manner.

Same again with the 'boomers'.
What benefit is there to grumble & be resentful at that / their situation?

Life has never been easier in many respects.
Instant communication.
Instant gratification.
'Instant' food (Uber eats) etc.

Carpe Diem.
It's on you to make the most out of life.
06-29-2019 06:44 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like CynicalContrarian's post:
Aurini, Deepdiver, Pangloss, ChefAllDay
nomadbrah Offline
International Playboy

The only difference between boomers and millenials is that millenials will at least be better parents than boomers.

That's their redemption I guess. The millenials I mean. Otherwise millenials are full on shitty boomer tier, with their rap music and their tattoos and their extreme drug and alcohol experience and their "I lost my virginity at 14 and gave blowjobs at 12, but now I'm fat and 30, so I'm a feminist" women.

Cringe and Puke.

Even so, millennials will at least be decent parents, cause all millenials understand that the one thing they can't do is be boomer tier parents. They understand as for all the crap they've done, their only saving grace is not being absolutely shitty parents like the boomers. Just can't do it. It's like a collective unconscious trauma of millenials. It's just not ok to be a boomer crapdaddy parent. So they won't be and so Gen-Z and future generations stand a chance to find Youtube comments and become little shitlords.
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2019 06:48 PM by nomadbrah.)
06-29-2019 06:47 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like nomadbrah's post:
Monty_Brogan, 911, KnjazMihailo, pitbullowner
Deepdiver Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

The Boomer hatred here is some of the most black pilled projecting of your and society's problems onto others.

What is it that psychologists call those who blame everyone else for their problems?

The world you inherited and are continuing to destroy was begun in 1913 with the creation of the Federal Reserve by deep state globalists long before the Boomers were born and likely to be in control long after boomers are gone and you sell your children into perpetual debt slavery by co-opting the Fed's debt bondage systems - well as long as you get what you so richly deserve as special millennial et al SJWs.

Official Whitehouse.gov President Donald John Trump's real achievements: https://www.whitehouse.gov/trump-adminis...lishments/

06-29-2019 07:00 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like Deepdiver's post:
CynicalContrarian, PapayaTapper, 911, Dr. Howard
Deepdiver Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

(06-29-2019 03:10 PM)fenetre Wrote:  

You think the victory of whig capitalism (state-sponsored usury) over communism is a good thing? That's like asking whether I'd like HIV or syphillis.

And you say unpayable debt is "prosperity"?

And the EU safe? What about the slaughter in the Balkans only 20 years ago? And the US safe? For americans maybe, but not the countless innocents your government slaughtered in the name of beloved capitalism.

I see the boomers as victims in a different sense. They were the targets of then highly sophisticated social engineering.

If they are guilty as a group, so are we. Because what are we doing? typing useless words onto a screen while the oligarchs laugh at us with their gay shame parades and homosexual transvestite child grooming story hours and so on

Talk about SJW agendas run amok - now apply the same yardstick to the Chinese Communist Party and their stellar human rights records and policies in China NOW today and every day. Or to the UK and EU during their colonial empire history.

Life is hard - Human's kill each other in wars across all of recorded history - you can either deal with reality or try to create a Utopian bubble that some barbarians will eventually come along and burst - looks like the Radical Islamists will be said barbarians in the UK and EU before then end of the current Century and China will still be plugging along as they are assimilating all of the world's resources in the process - resistance is futile you will be absorbed.

06-29-2019 07:09 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deepdiver's post:
PapayaTapper
gework Offline
Alpha Male
Gold Member

There are some good arguments for and against the boomer generation, as above.

But I don't think it matters much. History moves in cycles. There are trend lines and you can predict where they will go, particularly when cross-referencing them against the same trends in the past. A generation raised in comfort in a wealth expansion was always going to do what 90% of people do when they find themselves in such favourable circumstances - squander it. If you could have a leader oversee such times and not have that happen, they would be a genius beyond Tesla, Newton et. al. These people just happened to be born in a generation to prime them to do that. And they will increasingly pay the price as the illusion of retirement. Though the true price will be paid by their children. The same happened in some European countries in the same window - people born in the 3rd quarter of the 18th century.

I'm more interested in what the people who were born in the window 2000 to 2020 will be like, i.e. the people who grew up in times where all they knew is what has been effective economic contraction for the majority of people. There's a lot of evidence that suggests that these people are considerably more conservative. That should be no surprise given the circumstances they have grown up in. The personality is shaped by circumstance more than anything else. There isn't really any options for a continuation of the left-wing domination by every aspect of society outside the military.

As for the criticism of US military above, it's looked at from a backward perspective. In the 1960s the Arabs were still running slave trains into Africa, several countries have butchered double digit percentages of their population in the last hundred years. In the same period at least a million have been subject to genocide rape. A few decades ago Pakistan started a Muhammadan jihad against Bangladesh. Go back a bit further and you find a world coloured by endless attempts at conquest and slavery, which runs back for the rest of recorded history.

The period of the American world order has been by a chasm the most peaceful and stable period of world history. It's the only period in history when the integrity of nations has been more observed than not. The American world order has been the least bad of bad options. Without it you would have had numerous countries coming out of their borders - the likes of Pakistan, China, Iran and others. Look how they treat people in their own countries and imagine what it would be like if they were left to their own devices in their regional order. This is not to say the Us has done lots of things it would be better not to have done. But it's still the least worst option.
06-29-2019 07:14 PM
[-] The following 9 users Like gework's post:
Aurini, CynicalContrarian, Kurgan, Deepdiver, ChefAllDay, PapayaTapper, kruger41, Aquarius, Sankt Michael
Spectrumwalker Offline
Wingman

(06-29-2019 07:00 PM)Deepdiver Wrote:  The Boomer hatred here is some of the most black pilled projecting of your and society's problems onto others.

It's also true and cannot be denied. It's not projecting problems onto others. It's an honest analysis of culture and people. And truly, if one doesn't walk away with that analysis, it's because they're an arrogant self righteous boomer themselves, a liberal, hopelessly blue pilled, or have some sentimental loyalty to boomers because they can't let go of their parents. We all know about the Federal Reserve. The Fed, women voting, and boomers. The trifecta of American destruction. Maybe once the boomers go the way of the dodo bird, the other two can be fixed if we raise the next generations right and mock and shame boomers and their equally lazy spawn of xers and millenials. A man can dream.

Cynicalcontrarian and deepdiver, I'm sure you've seen the quote "strong men create good times, good times create weak men, weak men create hard times." Well, that's where we're at. Yeah life is easy. Everything is instant. In terms of being able to travel, get laid, and technology there's never been a greater time to be alive. But because of easyness, and this instant gratification world, people are pussies. Especially men. We live in a world of abundance and ease, but whose to say it will last. We'll be in hard times because of weak men. And I'd venture to say there's more weak men than there are strong red pilled independent men, again because of who, the love everybody baby boomers who reared them and brainwashed them that way.

Dreams are like horses; they run wild on the earth. Catch one and ride it. Throw a leg over and ride it for all its worth.
Psalm 25:7
https://youtu.be/vHVoMCH10Wk
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2019 08:27 PM by Spectrumwalker.)
06-29-2019 07:59 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Spectrumwalker's post:
Tail Gunner, kruger41, Benoit
MusicForThePiano Offline
Beta Orbiter

Instead of hating the boomers, we should start correcting all the historical texts to add red pills starting with what is best for a society to thrive, what is best for man to find purpose, and why family must be maintained, if you can base history off of these three things, you can use boomerical evidence ad nauseum for new texts. This way there will be no lies. Because, sometimes the best way for a society to thrive is to eliminate its filth, its rivals, its enemies, or its poor leadership. Many societies have done this to survive over the millennia.

The family part should especially be emphasized for the coming generations because it is the sole benefactor that has even got us to this point. Without family, you have emptiness. The state is emptiness because it does not offer man a purpose except for furthering the purpose of the state, a state and not a society. When a man's purpose in life was to dedicate himself to his tribe, his people, it furthered the existence of his people, and as such he was remembered for it, and his genetic legacy became a geographic legacy, and a testament to his creator. What legacy can anyone leave in a system that dilutes everything so there is no purpose but the system itself?

I propose a project to write all records of human history into a series of texts and freely distributed to counter the propaganda of the NWO faggots.
06-29-2019 08:05 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes MusicForThePiano's post:
Spectrumwalker
Dirtyblueshirt Offline
Recovering Beta

My main gripe with the boomers is how financially irresponsible they have been. Unlike their parents, they rejected frugality and lived off credit (they were the first credit card generation). Because they have nothing saved up for retirement, many boomers that have good paying jobs choose to work well into their 70's and 80's, longer than previous generations. I remember reading an article a few years ago that stated that one of the reasons that there are fewer good paying jobs now for college graduates is because of people not retiring. The boomers are clogging up the pipeline.
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2019 08:37 PM by Dirtyblueshirt.)
06-29-2019 08:35 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dirtyblueshirt's post:
kruger41
CynicalContrarian Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

Are Boomers clogging up the start-up pipeline?
Are Boomers clogging up the crypto-currency pipeline?
Are Boomers clogging up the Instagram thot pipeline?
Are Boomers clogging up the 'self-sufficiency rural farmstead' pipeline?

A new day offers up new opportunities.

I say that as someone who missed the early onset of Bitcoin.
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2019 08:43 PM by CynicalContrarian.)
06-29-2019 08:43 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like CynicalContrarian's post:
Deepdiver, PapayaTapper, Dr. Howard
T and A Man Offline
Alpha Male
Gold Member

A boomer born in 1956 was 16 years old when nixon withdrew troops.

The stake in the heart of communism was done by Reagan and Bush senior, I wouldn't call them boomers.

I'm fact one the war was done in 1991, it was a major piece of Clinton's campaign, that its time for a new generation.

Slick willy was the first boomer prez, and boomers took charge of the political scene at this point.

From this point was the acceleration OF the repeal of legislation that prevented TBTF and the real implementation of white guilt.
06-29-2019 08:53 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like T and A Man's post:
rpg, kruger41
scorpion Offline
True Player
Gold Member

Falling into the trap of generational warfare is silly. The Boomers are different from the generations past and future in only one respect - the time in which they were born, a fact which they had no control over. If the average Millennial had been born in 1950 instead of 1990 he would have made exactly the same choices the average Boomer did. We are products of our environment and our genetics. The genes haven't changed that much in such a short amount of time, it's all environmental conditioning. We are no more wise or moral than the Boomers as a group, and thus have no right to judge them as a group. They are fallible human beings, the same as us. No man gets to choose the time and place of his birth, he simply makes the best decisions he can at the time with the options he has in front of him.

Also, it's inaccurate to try to blame the destruction of the country on the Boomers. The destruction was well underway while they were still children. The Boomers weren't the ones who signed the Hart-Cellar Act into law in 1965, for example. Nor were they the ones pushing the sexual revolution in the 60's. In fact, the Boomers were the first generation to get really screwed by the cultural subversion of the West. This is why so many Boomers have psychological problems, addictions and broken marriages. They were lied to and propagandized heavily by the elite and it fucked a lot of them up for life.

Look at who raised the Boomers. The so-called "Greatest Generation". Again, they were no different than us, they just faced different circumstances. The Greatest Generation grew up in the Depression then went through WWII. They were completely traumatized and in the aftermath simply wanted to live out the rest of their lives in peace and whatever prosperity they could enjoy. They also placed a lot of trust in the government based on their experiences in the Depression and the war. And so in a lot of ways they were sort of asleep at the wheel while the cultural saboteurs really got going in the 50s (the Communist infiltration) and the 60s (the sexual revolution). It's like they were too tired to give a shit after what they'd been through in their youth, and who could blame them?

History is what it is. It would have played out exactly the same if it had been any of living us back then. Save your hatred for the agents of darkness walking among us today, they aren't hard to find, they don't even bother to hide themselves anymore.

"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.” - Romans 8:18
06-29-2019 09:01 PM
[-] The following 16 users Like scorpion's post:
CynicalContrarian, Kurgan, Deepdiver, Sword and Board, njimko22, Monty_Brogan, captain_shane, PapayaTapper, mr-ed209, Benoit, Zona, DJ-Matt, Sankt Michael, Dr. Howard, redbeard, Matrixdude
RawGod Offline
True Player
Gold Member

(06-29-2019 08:05 PM)MusicForThePiano Wrote:  I propose a project to write all records of human history into a series of texts and freely distributed

Books? Documents, you say, in text form, to get your ideas out there? You may be onto something there.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.
06-29-2019 09:27 PM
RawGod Offline
True Player
Gold Member

Interesting fact about boomer presidents: Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Donald Trump were all born in the same two-month period in summer 1946, and thus were all conceived during the same few weeks after Japan had been defeated in 1945. That, ahem, spasm of "America, fuck yeah!" which took hold in 1945 has continued to ripple down to the septuagenarian president of today and his tradcon supporters who think that it's just the nature of things for America to be #1, and will ignore any evidence to the contrary.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.
06-29-2019 09:54 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like RawGod's post:
rpg, kruger41, KnjazMihailo
Rigsby Offline
Alpha Male
Gold Member

Where the fuck is Paracelsus when you really need him?

That great Australian shitlord alchemist.

Probably still marking his own homework.

We will wait.

When the student is ready, the master will appear.
06-29-2019 10:34 PM
Tail Gunner Offline
True Player
Gold Member

For those who are interested in the cycles of archetypal generations, here is a great article based on a book titled "The Fourth Turning." History indeed repeats itself.

Quote:Heroes, Artists, Prophets, & Nomads

In their unbelievably prescient and prophetic 1997 book, The Fourth Turning, Howe and Strauss identified four generational archetypes: Hero, Artist, Prophet, and Nomad. Each consists of people born in a roughly twenty-year period. As each archetypal generation reaches the end of its 80-year lifespan, it is replaced by a new generation of the same archetype.

Each archetypal generation proceeds through the normal phases of life: childhood, young adulthood, mature adulthood, and old age. Each tends to dominate society during middle age (40–60 years old), then begins dying off as the next generation takes the helm.

The change of control from one generation to the next is called a “turning” in the Strauss/Howe scheme. The turnings have their own characteristics, which I’ll describe shortly. First, let’s look at the archetypes and how they match the generations alive today.

The characteristics of each archetype aren’t neatly divided by the calendar; they are better seen as evolving along a continuum. (This is a very important point. It is why we get trends and changes, not abrupt turnarounds. Thankfully.) People born toward the beginning or end of a generation share some aspects of the previous or following one. Obviously, individual differences can also outweigh generational identity for any particular person. (We all know people who were seemingly born in the wrong era.) The archetypes simply describe broad tendencies that, at the larger societal level, add up to significant differences.

Hero generations are usually raised by protective parents. Heroes come of age during a time of great crisis. Howe calls them heroes because they resolve that crisis, an accomplishment that then defines the rest of their lives. Following the crisis, the Heroes become institutionally powerful in midlife and remain focused on meeting great challenges. In old age they tend to have a spiritual awakening as they watch younger generations work through cultural upheaval.

The G.I. Generation that fought World War II is the most recent example of the Hero archetype. They built the US into an economic powerhouse in the postwar years and then confronted youthful rebellion in the 1960s. Further back, the generation of Thomas Jefferson and James Madison, heroes of the American Revolution, experienced the religious “Great Awakening” in their twilight years.

Artists are the children of heroes, born before and during the crisis but not old enough to be an active part of the solution. Highly protected during childhood, Artists are risk-averse young adults in the post-crisis years. They see conformity as the best path to success. They develop and refine the innovations forged in the crisis. Artists experience the same cultural awakening as Heroes, but from the perspective of mid-adulthood.

Today’s older retirees are mostly artists, part of the “Silent Generation” that may remember World War II but was too young to participate. They married early and moved into gleaming new 1950s suburbs. The Silent Generation went through its own midlife crisis in the 1970s and 1980s before entering a historically affluent, active, gated-community retirement.

Prophet generations experience childhood in a period of post-crisis affluence. Having not seen a real crisis, they often create cultural upheaval during their young adult years. In mid-life they become moralistic, values-obsessed leaders and parents. As they enter old age, prophets lay the groundwork for the next crisis.

The postwar Baby Boomers are the latest Prophet generation. They grew up in generally comfortable times with the US at the height of its global power. They expanded their consciousness when they came of age in the “Awakening” period of the 1960s, defined the 1970s/1980s “yuppie” lifestyle, and are now entering old age, having shaped the culture by virtue of sheer numbers.

Nomads are the fourth and final archetype. They are children during the “Awakening” periods of cultural chaos. Unlike the overly indulged and protected Prophets, Nomads go through childhood with minimal supervision and guidance. They learn early in life not to trust society’s basic institutions. They come of age as individualistic pragmatists.

The most recent Nomads are Generation X, born in the 1960s and 1970s. Their earliest memories are of faraway war, urban protests, no-fault divorce, and broken homes. Now entering mid-life, Generation X is trying to give its own children a better experience. They find success elusive because they distrust large institutions and have no strong connections to public life. They prefer to stay out of the spotlight and trust only themselves. Their story is still unfolding today.

After the Nomad archetype, the cycle repeats with another Hero generation, the Millennials (born from 1982 through about 2004), who are beginning to take root in American culture. They are a large generation numerically, filling schools and colleges and propelling new technology into the mainstream. If the pattern holds, they will face a great crisis. It will influence the rest of their lives just as World War II shaped the G.I. Generation Heroes.

https://www.mauldineconomics.com/frontli...haos-ahead
06-29-2019 10:57 PM
[-] The following 7 users Like Tail Gunner's post:
Spectrumwalker, fiasco360, Renzy, kruger41, nomadbrah, Sankt Michael, KnjazMihailo
WalterBlack Online
True Player

Brand new article about Boomers. I wasn't able to embed the charts, they can be seen in the link below:

The Boomers Ruined Everything

Quote:The Baby Boomers ruined America. That sounds like a hyperbolic claim, but it’s one way to state what I found as I tried to solve a riddle. American society is going through a strange set of shifts: Even as cultural values are in rapid flux, political institutions seem frozen in time. The average U.S. state constitution is more than 100 years old. We are in the third-longest period without a constitutional amendment in American history: The longest such period ended in the Civil War. So what’s to blame for this institutional aging?

One possibility is simply that Americans got older. The average American was 32 years old in 2000, and 37 in 2018. The retiree share of the population is booming, while birth rates are plummeting. When a society gets older, its politics change. Older voters have different interests than younger voters: Cuts to retiree-focused benefits are scarier, while long-term problems such as excessive student debt, climate change, and low birth rates are more easily ignored.

But it’s not just aging. In a variety of different areas, the Baby Boom generation created, advanced, or preserved policies that made American institutions less dynamic. In a recent report for the American Enterprise Institute, I looked at issues including housing, work rules, higher education, law enforcement, and public budgeting, and found a consistent pattern: The political ascendancy of the Boomers brought with it tightening control and stricter regulation, making it harder to succeed in America. This lack of dynamism largely hasn’t hurt Boomers, but the mistakes of the past are fast becoming a crisis for younger Americans.

Zoning codes in America have their roots in the early 1900s. Some land-use rules arose out of efforts to manage growing density in cities due to industrialization and new construction technologies that allowed taller buildings. But most zoning was intended to protect property values for homeowners, or to exclude certain racial groups. For many decades, though, zoning codes were relatively limited in scope.

Stricter zoning rules began to be implemented in many places in the 1940s and 1950s as suburbanization began. But then things got worse in the 1960s to 1980s. This shift is reflected in the increasing frequency with which various land-use associated words were used in Google’s database of American English-language publications. These decades, when the political power of the Baby Boomer generation was rapidly rising, saw a sharp escalation in land-use rules.

There’s debate about why this is: Some researchers say the end of formal segregation may have pushed some voters to look for informal methods of enforcing segregation. Others suggest that a change in financial returns to different classes of investment caused homeowners to become more protective of their asset values.

Today, strict land-use rules—whether framed as rules about parking, green space, height limits, neighborhood aesthetics, or historic preservation—make new construction difficult. Even as the American population has doubled since the 1940s, it has gotten more and more legally challenging to build houses. The result is that younger Americans are locked out of suitable housing. And as I’ve argued previously, when young people have to rent or live in more crowded housing, they tend to postpone the major personal events marking transformation into settled adulthood, such as marriage and childbearing.

But, of course, Boomers didn’t only make rules that nudge young people out of homeownership. They also made new rules restricting young people’s employment. Laws and rules requiring workers to have special licenses, degrees, or certificates to work have proliferated over the past few decades. And while much of this rise came before Boomers were politically active, instead of reversing the trend, they extended it.

Just as tight land-use rules make existing homeowners richer by reducing how many new houses are listed on the market, strict licensing rules make existing workers richer by reducing competition in their fields. And while some industries clearly need licensing rules for health and safety reasons, most of the growth in licensure has been in fields where health and safety justifications are less salient: Do you really need hours of course work and special exams to be a florist, an interior designer, or an auctioneer?

By privileging existing workers, licensure rules increase income inequality, and they do so specifically by shifting income toward older workers. When licensure standards exclude felons, they also disproportionately affect minorities. Young people, and especially minorities, are increasingly being legally prohibited from work.

Again, scholars differ on explanations for why licensure has proliferated. It could be that work has simply gotten more complex. Or it could be that the decline of unions led to a search for new ways to maintain occupational closure. Increased gender and racial integration in workplaces may also have led to a search for new forms of hierarchy.

But even for workers who don’t need a formal license, barriers to work have grown over time. Jobs that once required a high-school degree now require a college degree. This escalation of credential requirements has created a kind of educational arms race. The rise in collegiate attainment, again, did not begin with Boomers. Rather, the GI Bill, and the explosion in new university chartering that it underwrote, created a new norm of college education for many jobs. With the rising availability of higher education, employers, who tend to be older than their employees, often demand degrees as licenses.

Meanwhile, even as higher education gets more expensive, the actual economic returns to a university degree are about flat. People who are more educated make more money than people with less education, but overall, most educational groups are just treading water. The social norm requiring degrees for virtually any middle-class job is one largely invented by Boomers and their parents, and enforced by those generations.

As with formal licensing and land-use rules, there are explanations for the rise of degree requirements: greater public support for education, a complex economy, growing demand for knowledge-workers. All probably have some validity. But the actual enforcement mechanism for this norm is explicitly generational: older employers setting standards for younger job applicants.

And whatever specific factors contributed to the rise of licensure, land-use rules, and demands for more degrees, these developments are part of a wider social trend toward increasing control and regulation across all walks of life. Regardless of changes in formal segregation, unionization, demand for knowledge workers, returns to various asset classes, or other explanations for the rise of work and housing regulation, what is striking is that these trends occurred simultaneously. A graph tracking the rise in paperwork needed to start a new business, or the length of census questionnaires, or the length of the federal code, or virtually any measure of administrative or regulatory complexity would show the same basic trend. Sector-specific explanations seem a bit suspect when the trend itself is so general.

The most glaring example of this growth in regulation and control is also the easiest one to pin on Baby Boomers: the incredible rise in incarceration rates. Even though murder rates are today at the same levels they were in the 1950s, the imprisoned share of the population is higher in America than in any country other than North Korea. We imprison a larger share of the population than authoritarian countries such as Turkmenistan and China.

That huge spike has a very clear origin in the crime wave of the 1960s and 1970s. Academic research has shown that incarcerating more criminals does reduce crime somewhat, so, as with all the other examples I’ve given, this response was understandable.

But many countries experienced a similar crime wave. Most of them experienced similar crime declines in the 1990s, even without so much imprisonment. Furthermore, research has also shown that imprisonment patterns in America were heavily biased by race, with incarceration rates not always reflecting actual rates of criminality.

Today, while incarceration rates are edging lower, they remain astonishingly high. Even as younger Americans are locked out of jobs and housing by strict rules set by previous generations, a startlingly large share of them, especially in minority communities, are literally behind bars. Those who remain free are nonetheless bereft of family, friends, and potential co-workers—and whole communities are, as a matter of law, stripped of potential workers.

It’s understandable that, faced with a wave of crime, Baby Boomers might want to respond with a law-enforcement crackdown. But the scale of the response was disproportionate. The rush to respond to a social ill with control, with extra rules and procedures, with the commanding power of the state, has been typical of American policy making in the postwar period, and especially since the 1970s. And whatever specific arguments may have justified a command-and-control response to crime, this kind of response reared its head for every major political problem encountered by Baby Boomers: housing, jobs, education, crime, and, of course, debt.

Even young Americans today who are free from prison are nonetheless in bondage to debt—sometimes their own debt, in the form of rapidly growing student loans or personal and credit-card loans. But on a larger scale, the problems of entitlements, pensions, Social Security, Medicare, and federal, state, and local debt are becoming more severe all the time. Already, in places such as Detroit, Illinois, and Puerto Rico, where political rules make flexible solutions hard and the population is aging very quickly, massive debt restructurings loom large. But around the country, the pressures of long-term obligations will grow.

Below, I show a reasonable projection of the share of national income that will have to be spent paying for these obligations in the future if there is no substantial restructuring of liabilities. It’s based on consensus forecasts from groups such as the Congressional Budget Office and the Office of Management and Budget for economic growth and for programs such as Social Security and Medicare where such forecasts are available—but in some cases, such as state debts and pensions, no such forecast was available, and so I developed a simple one.

Making these payments will require fiscal austerity, through either higher taxes or lower alternative spending. Younger Americans will bear the burdens of the Baby Boomer generation, whether in smaller take-home pay or more potholes and worse schools.

Furthermore, the basic demographic balance sheet is getting worse all the time, increasing the relative burden on young people. Working-age Americans are dying off in alarming numbers.

The odds of a 32-year-old dying have risen by 24 percent in the past five years, even as death rates among older Americans are about stable. Baby Boomers are living longer even as the workers who pay for their pensions are dying from an epidemic of drug overdose, suicide, car accidents, and violence. But, of course, while this sudden increase in working-age death rates is a new concern, the long-run fiscal crunch has been obvious for decades. For virtually the entire period of Boomer political dominance, it has been obvious that long-term obligations needed to be fixed. And yet, the problem has not been fixed. Younger Americans will suffer the consequences.

As dire as this all sounds, there is cause for hope. If the problem is too many senseless rules, then the solution is obvious. Strict licensure standards can be repealed. Minimum lot sizes can be reduced. Building-height ceilings can be raised. Nonviolent prisoners can have their sentences commuted. Even thorny problems such as cost control in universities can be addressed through caps on non-instructional spending, while solutions for government debt and obligations are widely known, even if they are politically unpalatable.

Not all of these problems were first caused by the Boomers, but they each worsened on their watch. If leaders in business, education, and politics want to solve these problems, they can. Whether the gerontocracy in charge today wants solutions may be another question altogether.
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2019 12:13 AM by WalterBlack.)
06-30-2019 12:11 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes WalterBlack's post:
nomadbrah
Elmore Offline
Recovering Beta

Inter-generational antipathy is not really going to solve anything. Sounds like exactly the sort of impotent anger-siphoning that a certain group of rootless internationalists promote at every turn.
06-30-2019 01:35 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Elmore's post:
CynicalContrarian, PapayaTapper, VNvet, Harem Scarem

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Shitlord hippie-boomer admins at University BAN Millenials from Netflix Heuristics 34 4,096 03-23-2019 10:04 PM
Last Post: Leonard D Neubache
  Anti-Boomer Sentiment: Identity Politics godfather dust 51 9,472 04-02-2018 11:04 AM
Last Post: PapayaTapper