I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Long Distance Relationships just don't work
Georgepithyou Offline
Beta Orbiter

Long Distance Relationships just don't work
Some context first:

We met online and talked for months before finally closing the distance. We met for two weeks Things were great or so i thought

After we had parted ways she had changed Before we would have video calls every single day Pretty much talk all day too But for 1.5 months she was distant for some reason She said it was because she is busy with work but even on weekends we barely spoke at most 1-2 texts a day She claimed she was too sick to call every weekend We hadn't called in so long She was online most times but just did not read my texts Of course i asked her what the problem was but she told me "nothing"

I just couldn't take it anymore and ended the relationship We were supposed to meet again in September then move in together in December

It was most likely the distance that just killed it, texting and calling a woman just isn't the same as physically being with her. This is why i also think a lot of women from online dating flake due to no real attachment
07-01-2019 05:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
fmman Offline
Recovering Beta

RE: Long Distance Relationships just don't work
Well all the chat, texts, video calls are all pre-cursors to meeting. The build up combined with an LDR. Once you have met it can go one of two ways - fizzles out or gets stronger.

To be honest, when you are single you can invest a massive chunk of your spare time in talking all the time to this person so far away and put things off, work and other chores. It can get to a point when you want your life back and time to do other things..
07-01-2019 06:12 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes fmman's post:
Zenta
Zenta Offline
Beta Orbiter
Gold Member

(07-01-2019 06:12 PM)fmman Wrote:  Well all the chat, texts, video calls are all pre-cursors to meeting. The build up combined with an LDR. Once you have met it can go one of two ways - fizzles out or gets stronger.

To be honest, when you are single you can invest a massive chunk of your spare time in talking all the time to this person so far away and put things off, work and other chores. It can get to a point when you want your life back and time to do other things..

Good point, this has been my experience. I've tried two LDR's and the first one the girl in Saigon would want to be on the phone with me almost 24/7 on video call except when she was at work(which was night time here). She would have one phone to video call on and her ipad to waste her life browsing social media on and meanwhile I would pay attention on my one phone because I'm a decent human being. I quickly learned how easy it was to get backed up on stuff when youre stuck on the phone all the time and nipped that in the butt.

The other chick in Saigon was better, our schedules mashed better and we spent more quality time talking and met, but it ended up fizzling out when she AWALT'ed. Basically instagram ho and couldn't help but get all the attention she could, as far as texting dudes when I was there because she didn't like something I did. Only upside in that situation after parting ways I hit up first chick from above who was a solid 7 and got a $20 car a few hours to her place and spent a few days banging her, silver linings.

Both were my real introductions to LDR and both I ignored red flags in because the women were attractive and it was much more early on in my redpill days and I was a simple novice. Live and learn.

My main takeaway is that LDR's are pointless with attractive chicks unless you are regularly visiting that location enough and have decent frame to hope by some stroke of luck she doesn't desire to stray. Especially girls in SEA that are attractive at all have people hitting them from all angles on social media wanting to come see them. I wouldn't be interested in dating a woman with heavy social media presence in the future at this point in life.
07-01-2019 10:03 PM
Lost in Transfiguration Offline
Banned

It depends where the girl is from and who has the power in this situation. If she from a shitty country she may be more interested. Given the way things are going in the West women are getting all sorts of attention via technological devices. Especially with a lightweight relationship there's only so much you can expect before she loses interest or some other male propositions her who is way closer to her.

Even if you're in a more committed relationship things can still go wrong. It's almost like a Neanderthal thing, need to be in close proximity to your woman at all times, otherwise some caveman comes along and swoops her.
07-02-2019 01:27 AM
Kentemo Offline
Beta Orbiter
Gold Member

Depends I think. I feel it's easier if you already have a date that you go back to her country. I always book tickets last-minute and a lot of times the girl just loses disinterest before or don't believe me when I say I will go back soon.
07-02-2019 07:34 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dating Girls Who Say They Have Been In Toxic Relationships MidJack 48 15,737 Today 02:18 PM
Last Post: MichaelWitcoff
  Struggling a bit with life and relationships RunsWithScissors 43 16,982 11-03-2017 05:07 PM
Last Post: RunsWithScissors
  College girlfriends, long distance relationships, vestiges of the beta male MaceTyrell 2 3,654 08-21-2017 02:39 AM
Last Post: Simeon_Strangelight