I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Regular, non retired people permanently living abroad
Vladimir Poontang Offline
Alpha Male

Regular, non retired people permanently living abroad
As far as I'm aware, these are the main types of people who end up either spending time in or permanently living in a non western country :

* There because of their job / military
* Tourists / bloggers / digital nomads
* Players (international "lovemakers")
* Sex tourists
* Retired
* Divorced, looking for a new start
* Weirdo loser oddballs

There doesn't seem to be many who are just regular, non retired people who went to live abroad just because they preferred it. I'm sure they're out there, but you don't really hear from them.

Why is this? How come so many people talk about going abroad but most of them fall into one of the above categories?

That's not how we do things in Russia, comrade.

http://inspiredentrepreneur.weebly.com/
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2019 02:54 PM by Vladimir Poontang.)
07-07-2019 02:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Beirut Offline
Alpha Male

RE: Regular, non retired people permanently living abroad
What’s a regular guy outside of those you listed then?

Beirut
Budva
Belgrade
Tbilisi
Ayia Napa
Bodrum
Mamaia
07-07-2019 03:14 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Beirut's post:
mr-ed209, Barron
KingKrule Offline
Beta Orbiter

So you are looking for people who left the west so that they could have a normal job like english teacher in the 3rd world? From my understanding a digital nomad makes money online outside their own country, something like that.
07-07-2019 03:23 PM
nomadiam Offline
Beta Orbiter

"Regular" people have "regular" conventional jobs that tie them to a location.
07-07-2019 03:37 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes nomadiam's post:
Suits
Barron Offline
True Player
Gold Member

(07-07-2019 02:53 PM)Vladimir Poontang Wrote:  As far as I'm aware, these are the main types of people who end up either spending time in or permanently living in a non western country :

* Sex tourists
* Retired
* Weirdo loser oddballs

There doesn't seem to be many who are just regular, non retired people who went to live abroad just because they preferred it. I'm sure they're out there, but you don't really hear from them.

I'm definitely a weirdo loser oddball that can't handle no wahman so I left for the greenest pastures of EE in 2015.

It's pathetic I know, but preferences are just that.
- Individual income tax = theft
- Government involvement in my personal, married and family life = nah
- Sky-rocketing healthcare costs for services rendered by affirmative action hires = nah
- HR departments breathing down my neck, constantly searching for anything they can use against me because I'm a white guy = nah
- 10 undocumented votes to my 1 (I'm from CA), voiding my vote at the polling stand = nah
- Faggots tongue kissing as they walk down the street in view of children that I'm supposed to embrace as brave = nah
The list goes on

(07-07-2019 02:53 PM)Vladimir Poontang Wrote:  Why is this? How come so many people talk about going abroad but most of them fall into one of the above categories?

Heh, just noticed we share the same home country.
As a regular, non-retired person, I guess that means you put up with most of the above?

two scoops
two genders
two terms
07-07-2019 03:54 PM
[-] The following 12 users Like Barron's post:
Brodiaga, Tail Gunner, nathaniel trevor, bacon, The Black Knight, Renzy, BBinger, JiggyLordJr, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, Elmore, bacani, Tallefjant
BangBoy123 Away
Chubby Chaser

Each one of these can be weirdo loser oddballs.

Also each one can have moved to overseas because they "preferred it"

I am a mix of 2 and 3
07-07-2019 04:14 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes BangBoy123's post:
Tallefjant
Alpha Male

(07-07-2019 03:54 PM)Barron Wrote:  
(07-07-2019 02:53 PM)Vladimir Poontang Wrote:  As far as I'm aware, these are the main types of people who end up either spending time in or permanently living in a non western country :

* Sex tourists
* Retired
* Weirdo loser oddballs

I'm definitely a weirdo loser oddball that can't handle no wahman so I left for the greenest pastures of EE in 2015.

It's pathetic I know, but preferences are just that.
- Individual income tax = theft
- Government involvement in my personal, married and family life = nah
- Sky-rocketing healthcare costs for services rendered by affirmative action hires = nah
- HR departments breathing down my neck, constantly searching for anything they can use against me because I'm a white guy = nah
- 10 undocumented votes to my 1 (I'm from CA), voiding my vote at the polling stand = nah
- Faggots tongue kissing as they walk down the street in view of children that I'm supposed to embrace as brave = nah
The list goes on

(07-07-2019 02:53 PM)Vladimir Poontang Wrote:  Why is this? How come so many people talk about going abroad but most of them fall into one of the above categories?

Heh, just noticed we share the same home country.
As a regular, non-retired person, I guess that means you put up with most of the above?

Why are you being defensive? My point is simply that most people who spend time or live abroad fall into one of those categories, and that there doesn't seem to be many non retired people who choose to move to another country because they like it. You're reading way too much into what I said.

For example, I haven't heard of many 35 year olds who go and permanently live in Colombia or Thailand or some other country simply because they like it there better, or because they're disillusioned with the west. As I say I'm sure they're out there, and it would be interesting to know about them.

No one is calling you a weirdo loser oddball. In fact, from what you say, you may be one of the exceptions that I'm talking about.

(This post was last modified: 07-07-2019 05:42 PM by Vladimir Poontang.)
07-07-2019 05:39 PM
travolta Offline
Alpha Male

Most people don't move abroad because they're tied to one place with their job. You don't hear about average people going to Thailand or Colombia to get jobs because they don't speak the language and won't get hired. The answer to your question seems like common sense.
07-07-2019 08:19 PM
Lost in Transfiguration Offline
Banned

Bottom line is most people in the West don't go abroad. It is weird in some sense, less so for Brits because of Schengen...

People are expected to get on the corporate hamster wheel when they get out of college and they never move abroad.

Most people that live abroad that are westerners are of above average intelligence, they are generally better informed, more open to new experiences, less judgmental and have better cultural consciousness. Of course plenty of westerners abroad are sort of like the lost generation in Paris in the 20's. Feel like exiles in their own country, want that bohemian lifestyle, and so on.
07-07-2019 08:33 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Lost in Transfiguration's post:
John Dodds, JiggyLordJr, Tallefjant
Sherman Offline
True Player

I left the United States over 10 years ago. And, yes because I prefer living outside the United States. And I worked in Europe in a high level corporate job. I attended a few Expat meeting while there, and people move for all kinds of reasons. In Europe, it is very common to travel and even work or grow up in a country other than your own. In the US, there are people who still think its weird to even have a passport, which is reflected by the tone of this thread.

Rico... Sauve....
07-07-2019 08:47 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Sherman's post:
JiggyLordJr, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, Tallefjant
tomtud Offline
Alpha Male

Allow me to educate you...... https://www.expatexchange.com/

Read the forums and you will see many types are living abroad as expats. From private school teacher (not ESL) to oil rigs to commercial pilots. All sorts of folks.

Maybe I have a few rental properties and choose to live in Colombia as my dollar goes much much much further. Maybe you are right in a sense and your list is correct. However, maybe it isn’t. I lived in the gulf Middle East for 2 years and I only met one US military type. The rest definitely weren’t on your list. Trust me, it’s full of expats.
07-07-2019 09:54 PM
Bienvenuto Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

I bumped into a fellow teacher in the supermarket.. a bit beta, a bit weird like most expats in 3rd tier Vietnam.

But he dresses well and turns up to work and generally does a good job of appearing normal.

I told him I was considering a move to China and he went off on one.. Kind of speech tone someone might have when saying "be careful, a lot of employers try to scam you" "be careful, alot of people with EU passports have to pay bogus fines"

Except he said..

"Be careful, China's really strict, if you have a criminal record relating to children then they won't let you in.."

Well that doesn't apply to me.

"Yeah but Im just saying.. they'll kick you out."

But why should I even be worried about something like that?

"No Yeah no but it's true. If you've ever done things to children or you've been caught doing it they'll find out.." He had a very earnest face. Like it was something anyone should be warned about. Like "if you don't have travel insurance then.."

So.. I should be concerned because..?

"Im just saying," shrugs shoulders "if you've done stuff with kids in the past (shrugs again like its no big deal).. you need to be careful man" nods head, said it to me over and over like I wasn't getting it. You want to go to China but be careful, they have a way of uncovering all of our kiddie-fiddling - he even directly mentioned (shrug of shoulders) 'y'know sex and that' - big stare, nodding.. like we're looking out for each other..

Thanks buddy.

I don't know how that applies to OPs list but the quality of expat is not high in many corners of the world.
Although Im aware there are some quality people around, expat life being the fruit of either their success or their ability to seek out the good life.

Just needed to get that off my chest on the forum really. Not a conversation I want to relate to the new people that I'm meeting right now. But it has been bugging me.
07-07-2019 11:43 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like Bienvenuto's post:
Barron, Tail Gunner, Suits, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, Benoit
Banned

^^ This is one of the pitfulls of going to the wild west.

As some have said, some expats are freaking weird. I have enough problem just dealing with people that are into ladyboys. Sorry man, it's not a female, and it's a perversion. that's why I never see myself in southeast asia. Too many weirdos.
07-07-2019 11:47 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lost in Transfiguration's post:
Tallefjant
Bienvenuto Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

^^ The Lady boy thing.

From what I can tell Gays aren't into LadyBoys. Heterosexuals aren't. Just strange wannabe heterosexuals (closeted gays) who are desperate to act heterosexual and pretend to themselves that they are indeed attractive to women... just women with big hands and who have to shave.

The Facebook forums for expats in Vietnam are full of poisonous people. And as for having a Western manager who couldn't even flip a burger successfully back home.. :/
07-08-2019 12:00 AM
Banned

Anybody fleeing the US with their tail between their legs is bound to have some screws loose, especially if they have poor social skills or "inner game" issues. People with awesome jobs lined up, different story ^^^
07-08-2019 12:10 AM
Barron Offline
True Player
Gold Member

(07-07-2019 11:43 PM)Bienvenuto Wrote:  I bumped into a fellow teacher in the supermarket.. a bit beta, a bit weird like most expats in 3rd tier Vietnam.

But he dresses well and turns up to work and generally does a good job of appearing normal.

I told him I was considering a move to China and he went off on one.. Kind of speech tone someone might have when saying "be careful, a lot of employers try to scam you" "be careful, alot of people with EU passports have to pay bogus fines"

Except he said..

"Be careful, China's really strict, if you have a criminal record relating to children then they won't let you in.."

"No Yeah no but it's true. If you've ever done things to children or you've been caught doing it they'll find out.." He had a very earnest face. Like it was something anyone should be warned about. Like "if you don't have travel insurance then.."

"Im just saying," shrugs shoulders "if you've done stuff with kids in the past (shrugs again like its no big deal).. you need to be careful man" nods head, said it to me over and over like I wasn't getting it. You want to go to China but be careful, they have a way of uncovering all of our kiddie-fiddling - he even directly mentioned (shrug of shoulders) 'y'know sex and that' - big stare, nodding.. like we're looking out for each other..

Thanks buddy.

I don't know how that applies to OPs list but the quality of expat is not high in many corners of the world.
Although Im aware there are some quality people around, expat life being the fruit of either their success or their ability to seek out the good life.

Just needed to get that off my chest on the forum really. Not a conversation I want to relate to the new people that I'm meeting right now. But it has been bugging me.

ROFL, you just reminded me of an American guy I was training when I first moved to Ukraine.
All polite and professional in front of everyone, well dressed and social, then as soon as we're alone he just asks me direct to my face, "so how many bitches have you fucked here?"
Like ah man, really?

two scoops
two genders
two terms
07-08-2019 02:08 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like Barron's post:
Lost in Transfiguration, BangBoy123, Eddie Morra, rottenapple, bacani
Banned

(07-08-2019 02:08 AM)Barron Wrote:  
(07-07-2019 11:43 PM)Bienvenuto Wrote:  I bumped into a fellow teacher in the supermarket.. a bit beta, a bit weird like most expats in 3rd tier Vietnam.

Except he said..

Thanks buddy.

ROFL, you just reminded me of an American guy I was training when I first moved to Ukraine.
All polite and professional in front of everyone, well dressed and social, then as soon as we're alone he just asks me direct to my face, "so how many bitches have you fucked here?"
Like ah man, really?

We lost a lot of good men to political correctness. Thankfully things work differently in Ukraine.

07-08-2019 02:23 AM
Kentemo Offline
Beta Orbiter
Gold Member

A bit of a weird question. I guess everyone folllows in those categories.

The only other option is people that ARE retired ,or just spend all their savings abroad and then go back to their country (aka tourists).
Not sure what other option you have.

I worked remote, just because I could move to the countries I liked.
07-08-2019 06:45 AM
Fitman2018 Offline
Beta Orbiter

The work is the big thing, a digital nomad or online business owner has the freedom to live anywhere and make an income. Most americans have jobs that tie them down and obviously it doesn't make any sense to work in any of these countries unless your making an income online. Also most people I find as well are just happy in the states and don't see a reason to travel to other places and or live abroad. The one's that do are usually people just out of college and yeah going through some savings or financing the whole trip. I will say it is very rare to meet someone who is living abroad at upper 20's or 30s due to the fact most guys have kids or married too on top of the job. Let's just say besides the culture if you want warm weather you have California, Arizona, Texas and Florida just here in the states so why live abroad? In general a lot of American's would just also travel to these place for a weekend, or week to get the experience then come back home to the states. This site in general is pretty big on traveling to other countries and gaming women abroad when in reality there are plenty of women to talk to just in your own city as long as you don't live in North Dakota or some deserted place. Are women really easier abroad or overseas than in the states? Well that really does depend on a number of factors I think because if anything if you go to let's just say Latin America and meet a 8-9 or 10 who is single and knows your leaving in a couple days will she really spend time getting to know you and sleep with you because your a gringo? This works with the 6s or 7s more in my opinion. On top of all of that safety is generally more of a concern as well in other third world countries unlike the states where you don't have to constantly watch your back again this is a general statement. Also the corruption in police, "working" women, and all the other negative's that come from living in a third world country.

Many reasons why more people don't live abroad and with the sole purpose of gaming women you can absolutely kill it in the states in any decent sized city (NYC, LA, Chicago, Miami, Tampa, Orlando, Dallas, Austin, DC, NJ, CT, Philly, Boston, North Carolina, Arizona etc.) with the right pieces into play like looks, job, but most importantly the care free attitude and fearless in approaching and running good game. As far as culture, travel and experiences and too a certain degree easier to game women then yes living abroad is a solid option too but the time and business you need to make it worth it is a whole another question and discussion. IF it even is worth it living abroad in the end for the sole purpose of "gaming women" which is what this forum is about.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2019 11:58 PM by Fitman2018.)
07-08-2019 11:09 PM
This Is Trouble Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

When I was living in Prague, I met quite a few completely normal Americans who had moved there via my softball team. Most of them had gotten an opportunity with Western companies to help grow the Czech divisions (we're talking HR people, IT managers, those kind of "normal" jobs). Certainly, none of them were obligated to stay for their job.

Most of them were well-adjusted, normal dudes who had been there for 5+ years. They moved with low expectations but really ended up liking it. Many had met girls and started families.

The major thing is that you have to actually be settled in semi-permanently, doing normal activities, and building a life for yourself if you generally want to meet these kind of people. I met the guy who invited me to the softball team in line at a club one random night, but I certainly wouldn't have gotten "in" to the team and all of those connections if I didn't have some roots there.

Blog: This Is Trouble | ROK Writer [RIP]

18 Essentials to Easy Relationships
07-09-2019 02:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
John Dodds Online
Beta Orbiter

(07-07-2019 02:53 PM)Vladimir Poontang Wrote:  There doesn't seem to be many who are just regular, non retired people who went to live abroad just because they preferred it. I'm sure they're out there, but you don't really hear from them.

Why is this? How come so many people talk about going abroad but most of them fall into one of the above categories?

Regular guys live and die within the town (country) they were born, apart from an occasional 2 week foreign holiday.
Adventurers/explorers/soldiers, the sort of guys that conquered the world and thought different thoughts aren't normal, they're special.

PS, please don't call us 'sex tourists', in this politically correct age you should refer to us as 'romance travellers'.
Where in the USA, as an old guy (60+), can I sit in a bar and be complimented and flirted with all evening by a young attractive woman weighing under 50Kg, for a $3 drink (for her) and a $1 dollar beer for me, every 30 minutes.

Just spent a long 'beach' weekend in Da Nang, arrived home this morning in Chiang Mai.
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2019 03:02 AM by John Dodds.)
07-09-2019 02:51 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like John Dodds's post:
JiggyLordJr, MikeS
Alpha Male

(07-09-2019 02:46 AM)This Is Trouble Wrote:  The major thing is that you have to actually be settled in semi-permanently, doing normal activities, and building a life for yourself if you generally want to meet these kind of people.

I can imagine that if someone learns the language, takes the time to learn a bit about the culture, history and current / recent events in the country, and lets it be known that they're living there permanently, that this would open a lot of doors. I think someone like that would have access to people and situations that would be beyond all possibility for a casual visitor.

07-09-2019 04:53 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vladimir Poontang's post:
This Is Trouble
Suits Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

(07-09-2019 04:53 AM)Vladimir Poontang Wrote:  
(07-09-2019 02:46 AM)This Is Trouble Wrote:  The major thing is that you have to actually be settled in semi-permanently, doing normal activities, and building a life for yourself if you generally want to meet these kind of people.

I can imagine that if someone learns the language, takes the time to learn a bit about the culture, history and current / recent events in the country, and lets it be known that they're living there permanently, that this would open a lot of doors.

Nope.

I'm the King of Beijing!
07-09-2019 08:36 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Suits's post:
Barron, This Is Trouble
MikeS Offline
Alpha Male

I'm a weirdo part-time retired digital nomad. Yeah!

"Regular" people - barring some life changing event or epiphany, but I guess then they are no longer regular - rarely move abroad because they usually fear leaving a comfortable wage job and a large social circle of people who have all been in the same place for years or decades. Family might also play a role for many, though personally I haven't found it a problem at all to visit my family - who I have a very good relationship with - a few times a year, with a few visits from them too in the years I've been gone.
07-09-2019 10:32 AM
ArcticTraveler Offline
Male Feminist

(07-08-2019 11:09 PM)Fitman2018 Wrote:  Most americans have jobs that tie them down and obviously it doesn't make any sense to work in any of these countries unless your making an income online. Also most people I find as well are just happy in the states and don't see a reason to travel to other places and or live abroad.

It certainly doesn't if you are getting a decent paycheck. The US isn't really half bad. Good pay with lots of things you can do that people typically can't in other (first or second world) places. If someone counts in a great work schedule, then he basically gets the best of both worlds: travel to exotic places and an American paycheck.

[/quote]
...In reality there are plenty of women to talk to just in your own city as long as you don't live in North Dakota or some deserted place.

Many reasons why more people don't live abroad and with the sole purpose of gaming women you can absolutely kill it in the states in any decent sized city...
[/quote]

There are good looking gals in the smaller cities as well. They aren't as common being possibly 1:20 in number but if you expand that then it's pretty decent. Do agree that it's easy enough to game here even in the less populated areas as longs as they are not too sparse (due to numbers).

(07-09-2019 02:51 AM)John Dodds Wrote:  Regular guys live and die within the town (country) they were born, apart from an occasional 2 week foreign holiday.
Adventurers/explorers/soldiers, the sort of guys that conquered the world and thought different thoughts aren't normal, they're special.

Yah, I went on two combat deployments and figure that traveling to most places isn't all that dangerous as Afghanistan. Poor yes but dangerous no.

It seems like most guys who travel are perfectly happy living in the US and going out for the occasional exotic bang. They also definitely fall under the military veteran category more so then anyone to my knowledge outside this forum.

It's crazy because most guys I know here in the states think the world is a big scary place even if they have the time and funds to find out. My views have change a lot by doing so. Also there are some good ideas other people have that can certainly be done here in the US and even other things people can do there that people in the US can't do in some or most areas.

As a single guy with a good job (me) there just is not much incentive to leave the US. Good pay and plenty of things to do and enough women (albeit not to notch world wide).

If I wanted a family, I would definitely rethink where I want to live. It seems like half our population are practically killing themselves with drugs. Kind of makes you wonder what happens if we get attacked ha ha; people might be too useless to put up a proper defense and who (especially if you are a stoner) wants to defend a bunch of drug addicts?

Also there doesn't seem to be any proper manners or social boundaries anymore which is important for a healthy growing and upwardly mobile society and the schools are not all that great (thank God for home school).

In the meantime it's a good idea to do what you can to improve the community and other countries have there own set of negatives but yikes! It'll take someone with the personality of Frederick the Great to turn things around including after Trump who can only improve so much and boy am I glad he is President.
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2019 01:11 PM by ArcticTraveler.)
07-13-2019 01:09 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ArcticTraveler's post:
doc holliday

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  African country to fuck regular and beautiful girls? WPussy 4 1,377 06-24-2019 08:05 AM
Last Post: WPussy
  Learning Spanish Living Abroad Experiences? Latin America Only Fitman2018 28 3,191 03-19-2019 09:48 PM
Last Post: Australia Sucks
  Maintaining and developing your wit and charm whilst living abroad the-dream 5 1,113 01-01-2019 07:12 AM
Last Post: Winston Wolfe