I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

How should I have played this?
Stonk Offline
Recovering Beta

How should I have played this?
So I was pinging this girl I approached in a cab. We really hit it off. She was laughing at my mediocre jokes and even reminded me to take her number upon disembarking the cab.

We begin chatting on WhatsApp and I accidentally spill that I'm not really a romance kinda guy. She gets upset and says she can't be with me.

I felt it was a shit-test so I made fun of the whole romance thing (I made sure I included emojis so she'd know I was pulling her legs). Should I have backed off the topic? Agreed with her? I felt either would cede the frame to her. Your thoughts?
07-11-2019 05:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The Catalyst Online
Alpha Male

RE: How should I have played this?
You probably shouldn't have said that for that girl but it might've been unknowable before that happened.
07-11-2019 08:00 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Catalyst's post:
Bienvenuto
Obermarschall Offline
Beta Orbiter

In Germany people say: 'Reden ist Silber, Schweigen ist Gold'.
In English it translates into silence is golden. Don't overtalk, especially about things you were not asked to.
07-11-2019 09:19 AM
dirty_old Offline
Beta Orbiter

just radio silence then try again in a few days to a week with a whole new topic. if she is interested she will reply. You have no need to get caught up in some back and forth so early in an interaction.

Looking back at your text exchange, I bet you might be able to pinpoint a place where you could have ignored what she said, changed the topic, or something like that. You fell into her frame too easily.

In the future: Try to cut out the fluff, lead towards meeting up, follow roosh's text guide in game if you have to.. focus on getting her out / meeting up. avoid humor if there is any language differences until you get a better feel for it..

a (mild) joke about how you want to plan something romantic or saw something "romantic" and thought of her or whatever would be my personal approach but I have no idea if that's something that would be congruent in your situation
07-12-2019 12:53 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Am I Getting Played goodington 87 6,359 11-20-2018 10:44 PM
Last Post: goodington
  Am I being played? LeBaron 5 2,373 02-20-2017 05:40 PM
Last Post: Donkey_Riding
  Am I getting played or is this normal?(Social Circle Game) Helium1 15 6,037 07-21-2015 11:10 AM
Last Post: amusedmastery