I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Citizens of European microstates behaving badly abroad
bucky Offline
Chubby Chaser

Citizens of European microstates behaving badly abroad
Here's a random thing I was thinking about this morning: what happens if a citizen of, say, San Marino goes to somewhere like Thailand and gets himself arrested for drugs, insulting the king, or whatever? Does the Italian embassy in Thailand assist him? With a population of less than 35k, San Marino obviously doesn't have embassies in Thailand and I'm guessing it would be pretty hard to get anyone from back home to do much.

What about Andorra, Lichtenstein, and Monaco? Do the embassies of Spain, Switzerland, and France provide assistance for citizens of those countries arrested abroad? Does anyone know?

Feminism in ten words: "Stop objectifying women! Can't you see I've hit the wall?" -Leonard D Neubache
07-13-2019 10:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
BlueMark Offline
Chubby Chaser
Gold Member

RE: Citizens of European microstates behaving badly abroad
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protecting_power

Should be in the travel section, too.

Member of the Japanese MILF hunters club

"Man will always be man. There is no new man. We worked so hard to create a society that was equal, where there'd be nothing to envy your neighbour. But ... there will always be rich and poor. Rich in gifts, poor in gifts. Rich in love, poor in love." Danilov, Enemy at the Gates
07-13-2019 10:33 AM
Simeon_Strangelight Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

Liechtenstein and Monaco have some of the most wealthy citizens in the world. They can afford the best lawyers and bribes - and they likely have agreements with the host nations. Still - the relative wealth of those nations is grounds enough. On top of it - if you are a citizen of a small nation, then they may send out an envoy - there is little need to keep an ambassador around, when an envoy can come to your aid personally in 1-2 days.
07-13-2019 11:30 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Simeon_Strangelight's post:
TooFineAPoint
bucky Offline
Chubby Chaser

(07-13-2019 10:33 AM)BlueMark Wrote:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protecting_power

Should be in the travel section, too.

I wasn't sure since I'm not a citizen of a microstate myself, so I threw it in Everything Else.

Feminism in ten words: "Stop objectifying women! Can't you see I've hit the wall?" -Leonard D Neubache
07-13-2019 12:30 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How badly did I fuck up? Chicopicante 11 4,734 09-08-2017 01:01 AM
Last Post: Conscious Pirate
  51% of UK citizens haven't had sex in the past month says charity research study Feldeinsamkeit 5 3,086 08-08-2015 10:50 AM
Last Post: Saga
  Cops behaving badly #4000, cop runs over suspect kbell 17 7,931 04-16-2015 04:11 PM
Last Post: teh_skeeze