I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Women and Frugality
JiggyLordJr Offline
Game Denialist

Women and Frugality
After speaking with a number of players, both online and in person, and in conflation with my personal experiences, I have come to a conclusion regarding a matter of spending:

Most women detest frugality

Before the hands start to shoot up, I understand there are exceptions to this rule. Girls that have grown up in Great Depression-level conditions, perhaps in the third world, are likely to have been raised to conserve rather than consume. However, this is merely theory, as I have witnessed far more of the opposite than the former: the overwhelming glorification of consumption by women

I didn't start this thread in order to rant about consumerism; there's more than enough matetial out there covering that matter. I instead wish to address the sentiment of women towards men that display frugality. In layman's terms, how women view men who refrain from spending excessively.

It seems that when women catch a whiff of frugality in a man, they slowly (or abruptly, in some cases) plan their exit. I've seen rich men and poor men alike, with good game, physique, etc. that have had women bail on them once they find out there's no Chanel bag coming down the pipeline. For emphasis, let me repeat an important aspect of this: I've heard this situation coming from poor men and rich men alike. From this I deduce that women don't necessarily care how much you actually have, they care more on how much you are willing to spend.

Anyone else had this sort of experience with women, or know someone who has? Curious what you guys think about this apparent phenomenon.
07-15-2019 11:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 4 users Like JiggyLordJr's post:
Obermarschall, Samseau, balybary, Vincent Chase
nixtnext Offline
Male Feminist

RE: Women and Frugality
Some Eastern European women in my experience can be quite frugal, as they've learnt to live this way... not spending excessively, not wasting leftover food, being able to forego extravagances, not wanting you to spend too much on them, etc. I've found that refreshing. But I do think that if you show miserliness or you are more frugal than the woman, she may build up resentment. Apart from disloyalty, I can't think of many bigger misfortunes for a guy than to end up with a woman who's a big spender and squanderer. That can become a long-term money sink even after divorce, especially if there are kids, and they're all used to a certain way of living.
07-15-2019 11:46 AM
Lechon Offline
Beta Orbiter

None of the many SEA women I've dated long term have been spenders. One Cambodian girl was a bit reckless with money (and also by far the most stupid), but not a spender by Western low/average income standards. All Philippinas have curbed my spending to some extent and have been very frugal. It's harder to prime them into earning serious cash, although my current one helps me earn $2-3k/month gross on airbnb as a side hustle (and gets her fair cut). Hard-working, family oriented... Gotta love pinays.
07-15-2019 01:44 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Lechon's post:
DoneDeal, Brodiaga, Beyond Borders
Dilated Offline
Game Denialist

Frugal = boring to women. Be anything but boring. Literally anything.
07-15-2019 05:44 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dilated's post:
John Dodds
Kungfu Offline
Game Denialist

If you're a lover you can be as cheap as you want. THEY will even spend on YOU.

If they have you labelled a beta male, if you're cheap they will hate you, but they already hate you anyway.
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2019 01:17 AM by Kungfu.)
07-16-2019 01:17 AM
[-] The following 6 users Like Kungfu's post:
JackinMelbourne, DoneDeal, Hypno, John Dodds, WalterBlack, Vincent Chase
Vladimir Poontang Offline
Alpha Male

(07-16-2019 01:17 AM)Kungfu Wrote:  If you're a lover you can be as cheap as you want. THEY will even spend on YOU.

If they have you labelled a beta male, if you're cheap they will hate you, but they already hate you anyway.

Yes. Tom Leykis has said many times that because he's rich, he doesn't actually have to spend much money and women don't mind. So the more money you have, I guess the less you need to spend. Or something like that.

That's not how we do things in Russia, comrade.

http://inspiredentrepreneur.weebly.com/
07-16-2019 04:16 AM
DoneDeal Offline
Male Feminist

This probably varies by culture.

I also dated many women in SEA over the years and the vast majority of them (well over 90%) didn't expect me to spend excessively on them or anything at all for that matter.

A few girls expected me to spend generously at nightclubs or rooftop bars but those were exceptions.
Some girls asked me for gifts but always modest things, never expensive brand items.

I know the type of women the OP describes exists, also in SEA, but I suppose they can be easily avoided by selecting the right type of girls and by profiling yourself in the right way so that these big spenders are not interested in you.

Apparently I have been doing these thing subconsciously all the time because I don't like to spend much money on dates lol.
07-16-2019 06:30 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like DoneDeal's post:
Brodiaga, Beyond Borders
redbeard Offline
True Player
Gold Member

Yep, take a look at what happened to Mr. Money Moustsche. Extreme frugality blogger got divorced because he didn’t want to pay for his wife’s crossfit classes, despite being a multimillionaire.

If you are frugal (which I very much so am), don’t let girls see it as frugality. Position it as indifference, or cocky/funny IDGAF attitude.

“redbeard why do you live in a shit hole apartment?”
“I don’t care. I’m never here.”

“redbeard why do you prepare every meal for yourself?”
“Because I can cook better than 99% of restaurants”

Bonus WSP post:

Frugality Is A Feminine Quality

1 Year NoFap Veteran --- No Days Off in Trump's America
07-16-2019 09:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 4 users Like redbeard's post:
DoneDeal, TooFineAPoint, John Dodds, balybary
JiggyLordJr Offline
Game Denialist

(07-16-2019 09:00 AM)redbeard Wrote:  Yep, take a look at what happened to Mr. Money Moustsche. Extreme frugality blogger got divorced because he didn’t want to pay for his wife’s crossfit classes, despite being a multimillionaire.

If you are frugal (which I very much so am), don’t let girls see it as frugality. Position it as indifference, or cocky/funny IDGAF attitude.

“redbeard why do you live in a shit hole apartment?”
“I don’t care. I’m never here.”

“redbeard why do you prepare every meal for yourself?”
“Because I can cook better than 99% of restaurants”

Bonus WSP post:

Frugality Is A Feminine Quality

As someone who is working to become more frugal, I find WSP's take on this matter to be quite ridiculous. The perspective seems to be one of the capitalist cult, with not much thought given to views of the grounded, RP man. To be able to live without excess is an important ability, no matter where you stand financially. After all, the things you own end up owning you. - Delusion Damage

The entire article is spoken in vague generalities, makes it seem much more like a Tony Robbins speech than a do-good article. To rail against frugality is consumerist nonsense. A fool and his money are soon parted.
07-17-2019 03:01 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like JiggyLordJr's post:
John Dodds, Brodiaga
Hypno Offline
International Playboy

(07-16-2019 04:16 AM)Vladimir Poontang Wrote:  
(07-16-2019 01:17 AM)Kungfu Wrote:  If you're a lover you can be as cheap as you want. THEY will even spend on YOU.

Yes. Tom Leykis has said many times that because he's rich, he doesn't actually have to spend much money and women don't mind. So the more money you have, I guess the less you need to spend. Or something like that.

This is correct. You have to make them believe you have money. You don't necessarily have to spend any of it on them. In fact, spending it on them is counter productive in my experience.

You can do simple things like wear nice shoes, have an expensive looking watch that didn't cost much, drive a nice brand car and keep it looking new even if its 10 years old, talk about travel and expensive experiences that you might embellish. A lot of it is frame as well.
07-17-2019 05:30 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Hypno's post:
DoneDeal, John Dodds
John Dodds Offline
Recovering Beta

(07-17-2019 03:01 AM)JiggyLordJr Wrote:  As someone who is working to become more frugal, I find WSP's take on this matter to be quite ridiculous. The perspective seems to be one of the capitalist cult, with not much thought given to views of the grounded, RP man. To be able to live without excess is an important ability, no matter where you stand financially. After all, the things you own end up owning you. - Delusion Damage

Wrong accreditation,
Was used in the movie 'Fight Club' written by Chuck Palahnuik, and by the band Papa Roach 'Angels and Insects'
07-17-2019 09:35 PM
John Dodds Offline
Recovering Beta

(07-17-2019 05:30 AM)Hypno Wrote:  You can do simple things like wear nice shoes, have an expensive looking watch that didn't cost much, drive a nice brand car and keep it looking new even if its 10 years old, talk about travel and expensive experiences that you might embellish. A lot of it is frame as well.

I find taking them viewing houses with me works well, 'I need help choosing my new home, which one do you think I should buy?'
Costs nothing.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2019 09:38 PM by John Dodds.)
07-17-2019 09:37 PM