Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

'Calvin Klein' Drug fad kills 17 y/o Russian Oligarch's Daughter; Big in London
mkultra22 Offline
Banned

'Calvin Klein' Drug fad kills 17 y/o Russian Oligarch's Daughter; Big in London
The London social scene has a new craze, a drug cocktail consisting of cocaine and ketamine, nicknamed Calvin Klein. This drug combo killed Katya Tsukanova, 17 years old, and daughter of Russian Billionaire Igor Tsukanov.

[Image: katya-tsukanova-018.jpg?quality=90&a...amp;crop=1]

Deaths like this happen all the time on the London and New York social scenes, where drugs are a huge part of the culture. One report I remember reading was of a similar girl, high ambitions, died from heroin when she was 18 because her boyfriend in london got her into it, and she did it because she loved him. Anyway, I frequently encounter reports like this, but it appears even the uber-elite are not immune to the epidemic. She was apparently a gifted violinist:

Quote:A lethal cocktail of drugs known as “Calvin Klein” has swept the nightclub scene amid reports that a 17-year-old London-born violin prodigy died from the dangerous combination.

Experts warn that “Calvin Klein” binges, which involve ketamine and cocaine, “wreak havoc on the brain’s chemical system and can greatly impair overall brain functioning,” according to a site dedicated to treating ketamine substance abuse.

The party drug — with Calvin standing for cocaine and Klein referring to ketamine — produces a euphoric high similar to ecstasy, users claim.

The US National Center for Biotechnology Information said the deadly mix has become “popular among young drug abusers” and has been associated with an “increased risk of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection,” though the study didn’t provide an explanation for the link.

The drug combo killed Katya Tsukanova, who fatally collapsed June 18 at her Kensington home from an apparent overdose — and her family is now warning others about the drug craze, the Telegraph reported.

Her Russian billionaire father, Igor Tsukanov, said his daughter was a “smart girl, and she made one bad choice” as the drug’s popularity surges with young people.

“What can we parents do? The children will do what they want anyway, and they never tell you the truth,” he told the news outlet.

The late teen’s pal, who asked to remain anonymous, said the drug combo was the “new thing among Katya and her friends.”

“Not just them, though — it’s everywhere,” the friend told the Telegraph.

In the wake of the violinist’s death, social media users questioned whether the party drug’s “sexy name” played a role in its popularity.

“They should call it grim reaper to discourage kids,” one Twitter user wrote
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2019 01:48 AM by mkultra22.)
07-16-2019 01:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes mkultra22's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel
Bienvenuto Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

RE: 'Calvin Klein' Drug fad kills 17 y/o Russian Oligarch's Daughter; Big in London
(07-16-2019 01:47 AM)mkultra22 Wrote:  The London social scene has a new craze, a drug cocktail consisting of cocaine and ketamine, nicknamed Calvin Klein. This drug combo killed Katya Tsukanova, 17 years old, and daughter of Russian Billionaire Igor Tsukanov.

[Image: katya-tsukanova-018.jpg?quality=90&a...amp;crop=1]

Deaths like this happen all the time on the London and New York social scenes, where drugs are a huge part of the culture. One report I remember reading was of a similar girl, high ambitions, died from heroin when she was 18 because her boyfriend in london got her into it, and she did it because she loved him. Anyway, I frequently encounter reports like this, but it appears even the uber-elite are not immune to the epidemic. She was apparently a gifted violinist:

Quote:A lethal cocktail of drugs known as “Calvin Klein” has swept the nightclub scene amid reports that a 17-year-old London-born violin prodigy died from the dangerous combination.

Experts warn that “Calvin Klein” binges, which involve ketamine and cocaine, “wreak havoc on the brain’s chemical system and can greatly impair overall brain functioning,” according to a site dedicated to treating ketamine substance abuse.

The party drug — with Calvin standing for cocaine and Klein referring to ketamine — produces a euphoric high similar to ecstasy, users claim.

The US National Center for Biotechnology Information said the deadly mix has become “popular among young drug abusers” and has been associated with an “increased risk of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection,” though the study didn’t provide an explanation for the link.

The drug combo killed Katya Tsukanova, who fatally collapsed June 18 at her Kensington home from an apparent overdose — and her family is now warning others about the drug craze, the Telegraph reported.

Her Russian billionaire father, Igor Tsukanov, said his daughter was a “smart girl, and she made one bad choice” as the drug’s popularity surges with young people.

“What can we parents do? The children will do what they want anyway, and they never tell you the truth,” he told the news outlet.

The late teen’s pal, who asked to remain anonymous, said the drug combo was the “new thing among Katya and her friends.”

“Not just them, though — it’s everywhere,” the friend told the Telegraph.

In the wake of the violinist’s death, social media users questioned whether the party drug’s “sexy name” played a role in its popularity.

“They should call it grim reaper to discourage kids,” one Twitter user wrote

In the UK, years ago, there was an electrical fire in a student house which killed a couple of people.

A week later electricians all over the country were hit with all these new rules and regulations that - wouldn't really have prevented the original fire but - were an off the scale escalation in oversight and box ticking.

Turns out, one of the victims in the fire was a high up UK politician's daughter.

I am dubious as to a young girl's status as a Violin Prodigy..

^Russian elites / even Syrian elites sending their kids to Moscow have a love affair with higher culture. Ballet lessons, Piano lessons, violin lessons..
No doubt with a million tutors it was discovered that her talents lay more in the Violin than Piano.. thats about it.

Now she's dead she becomes a violin prodigy. What Might Have Been..

Any death like this is a tragedy of course.
However 'the news' is more like the travails and preoccupations of the elite in 2019.
07-16-2019 02:07 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Bienvenuto's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, Benoit, Feyoder
mkultra22 Offline
Banned

RE: 'Calvin Klein' Drug fad kills 17 y/o Russian Oligarch's Daughter; Big in London
I'm certain she was proficient or above proficient at it. Although prodigy is a matter of the skill itself.
07-16-2019 02:11 AM
Foolsgo1d Offline
Peacock

(07-16-2019 02:07 AM)Bienvenuto Wrote:  Any death like this is a tragedy of course.

No its not.

Being murdered or killed accidentally would make it a tragedy of a young, promising life lost. She willingly put hardcore drugs into her system and died as a result. Now she is pushing up grass.

People who do this shouldn't get any sympathy.
07-16-2019 05:08 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like Foolsgo1d's post:
JackinMelbourne, Nordwand, Latan, Paracelsus, Bizet
Dr. Howard Offline
Crow
Gold Member

(07-16-2019 05:08 AM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  
(07-16-2019 02:07 AM)Bienvenuto Wrote:  Any death like this is a tragedy of course.

No its not.

Being murdered or killed accidentally would make it a tragedy of a young, promising life lost. She willingly put hardcore drugs into her system and died as a result. Now she is pushing up grass.

If she was say, 25, I would agree with you. She was 17, I was also an idiot at 17, and so have some sympathy for the stupid choices of teenagers that haunt them as adults or kill them.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV
07-16-2019 05:59 AM
[-] The following 27 users Like Dr. Howard's post:
Bazzwaldo, Handsome Creepy Eel, Sandstorm, infowarrior1, Isaac Jordan, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, balybary, spokepoker, bacani, PapayaTapper, Latan, Tactician, Samseau, Cr33pin, Laner, WalterBlack, DannyAlberta, Emancipator, Zenta, robreke, Thersites, Elmore, Biz, Genghis Khan, josn123, Sol-lek, Beyond Borders
Manbeline Offline
Banned

I don't blame the girl but if this is an epidemic in London, just goes to show how subverted the culture there is. Civilized society leads to stupid stuff like this happening when it isn't kept in check. It's stuff like this that makes me remember we're just a small group on the net compared to millions elsewhere who can care less about ethics or reason.
07-16-2019 06:52 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Manbeline's post:
Psygnosis89, Thriller
griffinmill Offline
Kingfisher

I have very little sympathy for these dolts who take heroin or cocaine or any toxic mixture of drugs. Even at 17 or 18. They are old enough to die in a war, drive a vehicle, vote, and do all sorts of things society has deemed them smart enough to participate in.

Had I walked into a situation (at 17 or 18 - even at 13) where a bunch of people were sitting around snorting something lethal or injecting a substance into their veins, I would have had the cognitive ability to register alarm.

Their horrible decision to open themselves up to a lifetime of addiction and illness could not by any stretch of imagination be blamed on peer pressure or a relationship with a drug addict. Why have they picked these people as part of their social group to begin with? Why would they be sexually attracted to a drug addict?

I'll grant them some leeway in that they probably had a dysfunctional childhood, or something toxic happened in their history that has led them to this point, but let's be careful in having too much sympathy for idiots who decide one day when they are of sober mind and body to willingly begin a habit they know will lead nowhere good.
07-16-2019 07:19 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like griffinmill's post:
Captainstabbin, Nordwand, Bizet
Goldin Boy Offline
Pelican

No its not.

This.

This only made the news, and this thread with people expressing their condolences exists, because it's a young, ok-looking girl and it's Roissy's Fundamental Premise* in action.

(The Fundamental Premise is "Eggs are expensive, while sperm is cheap." in in other words girls get get preferential treatement in most social situation while men are viewed as expendable.)

She was born with a silver spoon in her mouth and wanted for nothing. She willing ingested/insufflated multiple illicit drugs, without doing her due diligence into the contraindications, for fun. She could've walked away. Where's the tragic element to this story?

Not even the mega-wealthy are immune to Darwinism apparently.

(08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  ...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2019 08:03 AM by Goldin Boy.)
07-16-2019 08:02 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Goldin Boy's post:
Nordwand, Thriller
CynicalContrarian Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

Retardation.
By Calvin Klein.

[Image: Calvin-Klein-Retardation.jpg]
07-16-2019 08:15 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like CynicalContrarian's post:
Goldin Boy, Captainstabbin, Thriller
BlastbeatCasanova Offline
Kingfisher

Sad. I wouldn’t mess around with either of those drugs. Caution must be used when experimenting with hard substances. Just yesterday I heard about a guy who smoked DMT and jumped off a hotel balcony - paralyzed chest down for life. I personally randomly met a 25 y/o who smoked spice and the gouged his own eyes out with a stick. I’ll stick to beers and some weed, thank ya much
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2019 08:36 AM by BlastbeatCasanova.)
07-16-2019 08:36 AM
RoastBeefCurtains4Me Offline
Ostrich

(07-16-2019 07:19 AM)griffinmill Wrote:  I have very little sympathy for these dolts who take heroin or cocaine or any toxic mixture of drugs. Even at 17 or 18. They are old enough to die in a war, drive a vehicle, vote, and do all sorts of things society has deemed them smart enough to participate in.

Had I walked into a situation (at 17 or 18 - even at 13) where a bunch of people were sitting around snorting something lethal or injecting a substance into their veins, I would have had the cognitive ability to register alarm.

Their horrible decision to open themselves up to a lifetime of addiction and illness could not by any stretch of imagination be blamed on peer pressure or a relationship with a drug addict. Why have they picked these people as part of their social group to begin with? Why would they be sexually attracted to a drug addict?

I'll grant them some leeway in that they probably had a dysfunctional childhood, or something toxic happened in their history that has led them to this point, but let's be careful in having too much sympathy for idiots who decide one day when they are of sober mind and body to willingly begin a habit they know will lead nowhere good.

I agree with this. When I was 17 and 18, I experimented with pot and alcohol, because I knew these were not overly addictive. I knew alcohol can lead to alcoholism, so I avoided drinking every day, and limited it. Pot was my preferred drug. I also tried shrooms and acid, because I knew these are not addictive.

I avoided smoking cigarettes, and I avoided things like cocaine, opium, speed, and heroin, because I knew they were addictive, so I wouldn't try them, to avoid exposing myself to addiction. I was obviously around plenty of smokers. I knew people who did cocaine. Heroin wasn't really around me like it is nowadays, but I did know of people who tried it. Likewise, speed wasn't really around. This was before the days of meth.

If I had seen people trying it even at that age, I would have left, because i was not willing to become addicted. I certainly did do stupid things, and I ended up being a stoner for years, which had a significant impact on my motivation and level of achievement in those critical years. However, I still knew how dumb it would be to experiment with harder addictive drugs.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2019 08:41 AM by RoastBeefCurtains4Me.)
07-16-2019 08:39 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like RoastBeefCurtains4Me's post:
jordypip23, Captainstabbin, Bizet
Leonard D Neubache Offline
Owl
Gold Member

This is pretty much the walk-in for a generic action movie. It's such a cliche that it writes itself.

Serbedzija: *stares blankly at the view from his penthouse suite*
*Neeson is ushered into the room, Serbedzija does not turn*
"Thankyou for arrivink on such short notice, Mr Brennan."

Neeson: "My condolences for your loss."

Serbedzija: *turns to pour another vodka*
"I did not syummon the byutcher of Byelfast to offer me (h)empty plyatitudes."
*downs the vodka in one gulp and grimaces*
"You will assist in my gryieving by... uzzer means."

Neeson: *Regards the Russian earnestly.*
"Mr Mikhailov, you should be aware that these are... dangerous men."

Serbedzija: *turns to regard Neeson sourly*
"Are you offerink me advyice?
*sniffs disdainfully*
Or negyotiatink your fee?

Neeson: *dramatic pause*
"Both".

God demands of Man responsibility. God demands of Woman vulnerability. These are their curse and blessing alike. Libertianism is to Man as Feminism is to Woman.
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2019 09:57 AM by Leonard D Neubache.)
07-16-2019 09:57 AM
[-] The following 14 users Like Leonard D Neubache's post:
sterling_archer, Tactician, Samseau, Dr. Howard, Captainstabbin, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, DamienCasanova, Huxley Badkin, Suits, RedPillUK, Tex Cruise, Matrixdude, Genghis Khan, germanico
Harem Scarem Offline
Sparrow
Gold Member

It has been observed many times before that the word "tragedy" gets overused these days. I can't for the life of me see any tragic element about this. It's devastating for her family, but that's about it. She died stupidly through actions committed of her own volition. That's harsh to say about a human life, but it's true.

I feel more for anonymous kids in the rust belt or the ghetto who get drugs pushed into their communities by far more powerful, more intelligent interests, with better resources, from the day they're born. Girls like this have millions invested into their education. They must have some knowledge of the legality and lethality of hard drugs. I doubt there are hood rats aggressively pushing "Calvin Klein" in the streets of Kensington. More likely she deliberately sought it out and, knowing the risks, voluntarily took it. Yeah, I'm sure the "sexy name" is to blame.

I don't feel any Schadenfreude over it either, although a silver-spoon oligarch's daughter is not easy to love. But it's sobering to see that all the money in the world is not a substitute for parenting and it doesn't save you from potentially having to bury your child who died in a frankly retarded way. It's just a sad waste of life that gets replicated a million times over with people whose names we never read in the news.
07-16-2019 11:42 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Harem Scarem's post:
Psygnosis89
Rorogue Offline
Banned

More stupidity from this generation of numb skulls...what else is new?
07-16-2019 11:55 AM
Psygnosis89 Offline
Robin

When I was a teen in the 90s they'd put up those posters of teens fucked up in the hospital bed just before they eventually died from an overdose. Those were quite effective (at least for me) and should make a comeback.
07-16-2019 11:59 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Psygnosis89's post:
RoastBeefCurtains4Me
Foolsgo1d Offline
Peacock

(07-16-2019 05:59 AM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

No its not.

If she was say, 25, I would agree with you. She was 17, I was also an idiot at 17, and so have some sympathy for the stupid choices of teenagers that haunt them as adults or kill them.

17 is old enough for consent to sexual intercourse in the UK. One year short of being able to buy porn, alcohol and god forbid...energy drinks.

She was not a child and had a working brain. Drug stories are all over the place these days and have been for some time.

Normalising this behaviour because she was pretty and had youth on her side is not going to stop these idiots taking hard drugs. They need to learn by word of mouth, news stories and statistics.
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2019 12:06 PM by Foolsgo1d.)
07-16-2019 12:05 PM
scorpion Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

Over the past twenty years society has become much more friendly to drugs than it used to be. Marijuana is basically portrayed as harmless these days. You used to hear a lot of criticism of the idea that marijuana was a "gateway drug" that led kids into harder stuff, but frankly it's the truth. I think a lot of kids these days get sucked into weed culture and once they see that marijuana is fairly easy to manage they are more open to trying harder drugs like ketamine, cocaine, meth, pills and heroin.

Is it time to start demonizing all drugs again with heavy-handed anti-drug propaganda? Anyone remember D.A.R.E.? The fact is that most children and teenagers are literally retarded when it comes to understanding the long-term consequences of their actions. Their brains simply do not think in those terms - they don't have the necessary life experience to process these things. Instead they are almost entirely shaped by the messages they receive from society, their families and their peer groups. So when they overwhelmingly receive the message that drugs aren't a really big deal, is it any wonder so many start to dabble, some with disastrous consequences as we see here?

How much would drug usage drop among young people if there was a nationwide campaign to paint drug users in a strongly negative light and to highlight the disastrous health consequences of drug abuse?

"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.” - Romans 8:18
07-16-2019 01:40 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like scorpion's post:
DamienCasanova, Geomann180
ScannerLIV Online
Sparrow

D.A.R.E was seen as a joke among kids but overall it's a good program.even though kid's brain are not designed to consider long term consequences of their actions.

Only few, very few stoners can do this long term without any real consequences.

The rest, their eyes are hollowed out. As if their souls are hollowed out. I think marijuana rots the brain with a lot of exposure.

Anyone knows what the bible would say about occasions use of marijuana for enlightenment purposes?
07-16-2019 01:58 PM
WalterBlack Offline
Ostrich

I worked with some youth drugs counsellors in London a long time ago. Here's a few of the main classes of drug addict.
  • Kids who fell in with a bad crowd and starting taking drugs because they wanted to be part of the group. This is generally why working class kids who grow up in shitty housing estates get into drugs.
  • Kids who felt abandoned by their parents and wanted attention. There was a case of 2 Pakistani sisters in London, their father left them and their mother to move to Pakistan to be with his new wife, so the daughters went off the rails. There's also a lot of rich Jewish kids with parents who are always at work who get into drugs for a similar reason.
  • Kids with super strict parents who want to rebel - this is why a lot of Muslim kids have drugs issues.

At the age of 17, kids don't really think about the consequences of their actions. The rational part of a teen’s brain isn’t fully developed and won’t be until age 25 or so.

All of the drugs counsellors I spoke to were for the legalisation of drugs (for adults). They argued that there's a double standard with drugs and alcohol because way more people die from alcohol related issues than drugs issues.
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2019 03:01 PM by WalterBlack.)
07-16-2019 02:51 PM
Harem Scarem Offline
Sparrow
Gold Member

(07-16-2019 01:40 PM)scorpion Wrote:  Over the past twenty years society has become much more friendly to drugs than it used to be. Marijuana is basically portrayed as harmless these days. You used to hear a lot of criticism of the idea that marijuana was a "gateway drug" that led kids into harder stuff, but frankly it's the truth. I think a lot of kids these days get sucked into weed culture and once they see that marijuana is fairly easy to manage they are more open to trying harder drugs like ketamine, cocaine, meth, pills and heroin.

Is it time to start demonizing all drugs again with heavy-handed anti-drug propaganda? Anyone remember D.A.R.E.? The fact is that most children and teenagers are literally retarded when it comes to understanding the long-term consequences of their actions. Their brains simply do not think in those terms - they don't have the necessary life experience to process these things. Instead they are almost entirely shaped by the messages they receive from society, their families and their peer groups. So when they overwhelmingly receive the message that drugs aren't a really big deal, is it any wonder so many start to dabble, some with disastrous consequences as we see here?

How much would drug usage drop among young people if there was a nationwide campaign to paint drug users in a strongly negative light and to highlight the disastrous health consequences of drug abuse?

It might become inevitable eventually as the reality dawns that "tolerance" doesn't work. I live at ground zero of this shit, I've seen it develop. I'm glad that I was able to smoke a few spliffs in my teenage years without having my life ruined over it by the law. But I'm even more thankful that I've never felt tempted to try anything harder, and I never touch shit now because it deadens the qualities that I need in my life (alertness, situational awareness, motivation, interest in the outside world, etc.).

The mantra used to be "Be careful with weed and don't touch any harder shit" but then it evolved to the point where at certain types of festivals, it's hard to find anyone not on some funny pills. It's managerialism at its finest: we "manage" social problems like a bad father manages his unruly children. "You want to pop some pills during the weekend? Oh, all right then. Just be sure to get those pills tested!" "Oh, you're a heroin addict now? Well, OK, just go to these guys to get some clean needles so at least you don't get AIDS." It perfectly mirrors the sexual revolution: "Oh, of course nobody can be expected to stay abstinent until the ripe old age of 16. So do what you want with whoever you want of any gender. Just don't forget your condom!"

What's happening on a socio-political level here is the same as when a parent constantly makes concessions: the children stop respecting you as an authority. They can openly defy you (the father, the police, whatever) and all you do is try to mitigate the effect. To a teenage daughter: "Yeah, jump on the back of that guy's scooter and get banged out by him and all his buddies, just make sure you get back home before 1 AM!" "Aww, all the other kids get to stay at the gang bang until 2..." "OK, 2 AM it is then, but not a minute later!" tard

Without clear boundaries, nothing will ever get done. I don't necessarily support indoctrinating kids with these square paternalistic ads, or destroying a kid's life over possession of some weed, but at least it's a clear boundary and a consistent message. That gives the authority (whether a parent or the state) a position of strength from which to act, and sometimes not act, pretending you didn't see it, just like we don't heavily punish every hobo with an open can of beer. Strong rules, and a police force that is educated, empowered and motivated to pursue action or inaction based on their own assessment of the situation, rather than having to arrest someone to keep the arrest rates high, or to avoid a situation to keep the crime rates down. But the moment you give away the controls as a society, you're basically at the mercy of the kids.
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2019 03:22 PM by Harem Scarem.)
07-16-2019 03:20 PM
Rocha Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

Pop culture plays a part on this.

The thing is that nowadays there are many shows glorifying narco traficcants/drug dealers like El Chapo or Pablo Escobar, or even low level crooks, like breaking bad, Weeds or Orange is the new black...

When I was a kid the hit shows where about cops full of morals trying to bring down the bad guys...Miami Vice, Crime story, 21 jump street, La Piovra...

Not sure if something like the French Connection could be made nowadays... Even though Popeye was a brute, and the french guy was the sophisticated one...it was clear who was the good guy in the story...nowadays there is a thin line about who is the good guy..

"Поехали!!" (Yuri Gagarin, 1961)

Twitter - Роча
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2019 05:46 PM by Rocha.)
07-16-2019 05:45 PM
MiscBrah Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

(07-16-2019 01:40 PM)scorpion Wrote:  Over the past twenty years society has become much more friendly to drugs than it used to be. Marijuana is basically portrayed as harmless these days. You used to hear a lot of criticism of the idea that marijuana was a "gateway drug" that led kids into harder stuff, but frankly it's the truth. I think a lot of kids these days get sucked into weed culture and once they see that marijuana is fairly easy to manage they are more open to trying harder drugs like ketamine, cocaine, meth, pills and heroin.

Far more insidious than marijuana in my opinion is the rampant use of Juuls among high school kids and late teens. Juuls contain a shockingly high amount of nicotine and its no surprise that many kids are developing strong nicotine addictions as a result.

Part of the problem with D.A.R.E and other anti-drug information is that they over utilize scare tactics to dissuade usage. Kids then go on to try marijuana and find out its relatively mild and assume they've been lied to about other drugs as well. I would argue that these drugs should be painted in a relatively neutral light. Excessive negative coverage clearly hasn't worked and frankly, seems unlikely to return at this point given the widespread marijuana acceptance.
07-16-2019 06:23 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like MiscBrah's post:
spokepoker, captain_shane, RDF
Pete Offline
Banned

(07-16-2019 06:23 PM)MiscBrah Wrote:  

Far more insidious than marijuana in my opinion is the rampant use of Juuls among high school kids and late teens. Juuls contain a shockingly high amount of nicotine and its no surprise that many kids are developing strong nicotine addictions as a result.

Part of the problem with D.A.R.E and other anti-drug information is that they over utilize scare tactics to dissuade usage. Kids then go on to try marijuana and find out its relatively mild and assume they've been lied to about other drugs as well. I would argue that these drugs should be painted in a relatively neutral light. Excessive negative coverage clearly hasn't worked and frankly, seems unlikely to return at this point given the widespread marijuana acceptance.

Yeah, when I was a kid everyone spoke like if you smoked weed you'd end up as a heroin addict. However, I don't know anyone who has ended up like that.

All the addicts I know started taking pain pills, then they can't quit cause they get really physically sick. It's more prevalent in the 16-25 age range.
07-16-2019 08:14 PM
KMK Offline
Sparrow

D.A.R.E got us into this mess by treating all illegal drugs the same instead of tiering them by how badly they ruin your life. It painted people who knew the real dangers of the hardest drugs as retards with no grasp of nuance.
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2019 08:20 PM by KMK.)
07-16-2019 08:17 PM
Leonard D Neubache Offline
Owl
Gold Member

There was talk some time ago that anti-smoking campaign adverts were actually pro-smoking disguised as the opposite. They hammered smoking into the mainstream consciousness at a time when it was dropping anyway and they were so corny and ineffectual that all they achieved was to put smoking constantly in the minds of people who'd quit or were at least trying to.

I think the same thing is the case with most corny government anti-drug campaigns. Who runs all the advertising agencies? These are people dedicated to destroying everything good and righteous in the world and yet we're supposed to believe that when it comes time to go up against drugs, cigarettes and alcohol that they put on their good-guy hat and start putting in overtime at the office?

Gimme a break. I could write better material than most of the garbage they trot out and that's not because I'm a genius. It's because they're not trying.

The same people who push faggotry and transgenderism on kids are never going to be serious about stopping them from ruining their lives with drugs. You know what I do when I want to steer my oldest boy away from that shit? When we're out at the shops I just point out every deadbeat slob in his 20's and 30's wearing pajamas during daytime, neckbeard looking fat gut skinny arms cant afford a happy meal couldn't get laid in a brothel oxygen thief and explain that that's where the weed lifestyle preached by sellout dipshits in Hollywood will lead you.

God demands of Man responsibility. God demands of Woman vulnerability. These are their curse and blessing alike. Libertianism is to Man as Feminism is to Woman.
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2019 09:53 PM by Leonard D Neubache.)
07-16-2019 09:48 PM