I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Which EE Countries Can You Own Guns?
ArloDash Offline
Recovering Beta

Which EE Countries Can You Own Guns?
I miss shooting a lot, was really into it in USA.

As I'm scouting around places I may want to live in the future, I've wondered where it's possible to own a few guns for shooting recreationally.

While I wouldn't base an entire decision on it, it would be nice to be able to hit the range every so often while living abroad.

Anybody got any input?
07-28-2019 07:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like ArloDash's post:
BBinger, New Edition
Sandstorm Offline
Chubby Chaser

RE: Which EE Countries Can You Own Guns?
(07-28-2019 07:11 AM)ArloDash Wrote:  I miss shooting a lot, was really into it in USA.

As I'm scouting around places I may want to live in the future, I've wondered where it's possible to own a few guns for shooting recreationally.

While I wouldn't base an entire decision on it, it would be nice to be able to hit the range every so often while living abroad.

Anybody got any input?

Wikipedia is quite good for this kind of info - I think Czech Republic is the best of them all:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overview_o...ion#Europe

L:162 F:20 V:9 A:6 3S:1

"Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society"
07-28-2019 08:06 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Sandstorm's post:
BBinger, sterling_archer
tomzestatlu Offline
Wingman

I am from Czech Republic and it´s pretty easy to get gun license.
All you need is to get stamp from doctor (formal thing) and then pass test, that consist of written part and practical part. Written part is a test, where you circle options a,b,c,d and it´s few chosen questions from 480 total. Practical part is basic manipulation with a gun (CZ75 or ZKM; in case of hunting license it can be shotgun too).
But there´s one big problem for foreigner to get this license and it is the fact, that the test is available only in Czech language. Anyway practical part can be carried in any other language, that instructor can speak.

No one really cares why you need semi-automatic military rifle, you just circle you want it for sport and personal defense. You can basically get license for concealed carry of loaded Kalashnikov, no questions asked.

Last few years there are efforts from European Union to restrict guns between civilians by rubbish laws and Czech government surprisingly stands behind people and fights for people´s right to be armed. But we will see what future brings. 99% of gun holders claim, that they would rather dig their guns to ground and claim they have lost it than give it to police.

If you want more informations, feel free to ask.

"Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people."
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2019 12:33 PM by tomzestatlu.)
07-28-2019 12:26 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like tomzestatlu's post:
BBinger, Tail Gunner, RoastBeefCurtains4Me
Tail Gunner Offline
True Player
Gold Member

Live and Invest Overseas published a special report titled: “Who’s Packing? A Primer On The Right To Bear Arms In Latin America And Europe.” You may need to subscribe to their newsletter to obtain it.

https://www.offshorelivingletter.com/rel...ck-guides/

https://www.offshorelivingletter.com/pac...-overseas/
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2019 10:58 PM by Tail Gunner.)
07-28-2019 10:57 PM
sterling_archer Offline
International Playboy

Forget about Croatia if you thought about it. It is very difficult because you need a "reason". So people who own guns are 90% hunters and 6, 7% are sportsmen. There are no real gun ranges in Croatia except maybe one or two in Zagreb.

Best (practically central European) country for owning guns is Slovenia. Big gun culture and respect toward weapons. Famous youtube channel Polenar Tactical is from Slovenia. Check them out.
07-29-2019 11:29 AM
JohnGray Offline
Male Feminist

there are many european countries allow the guns.
07-30-2019 05:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
BangBoy123 Away
Chubby Chaser

Serbia is second in the world for guns per capita. Not sure about ownership for foreigners
07-30-2019 01:16 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  RVF Big Guns Meetup #2 April 2016 - Manila Irish 4 4,796 05-04-2016 10:45 AM
Last Post: Irish
Smile Why are DEFCOCK II countries harder than DEFCOCK III countries? Jesus Christ 5 6,434 12-05-2015 05:04 AM
Last Post: Jesus Christ
  hot hired guns in Ontario beta_plus 5 4,248 07-07-2012 01:35 PM
Last Post: Juan Antonio