I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Where is the world going?
Blake2 Offline
Beta Orbiter

Lightbulb Where is the world going?
I don't know if this is just me, but I feel like things are changing so fast around here. This forum, society, earth......where are we headed?

I'd like to quote a bible verse that's relevant:

"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all men liberally and without criticism, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, without wavering. For he who wavers is like a wave of the sea, driven and tossed with the wind. Let not that man think that he will receive anything from the Lord. A double-minded man is unstable in all his ways."

Is there a direction that society is going in that's positive? (at least some part of society)
Are there people working together to create something worthwhile?
Where do you see us in 5,10,15,20+ years?

I'd say a lot of people are just resigned to "enjoy the decline", some numb themselves with drugs/addictions, others are searching(but for how long?) for some path.
Many "elite" members of society are into transhumanism: http://www.ncregister.com/blog/kturley/c...-futurists
With mottos like "AI shall be our savior".

Many now want to redesign humans themselves https://bigthink.com/surprising-science/...ing-humans

Are these the people who will lead us in the 21st century? Or will it be finance, war, famine, stagnation? Will it be religion?

A man should never be ashamed to own that he is wrong, which is but saying in other words that he is wiser today than he was yesterday.
-Alexander Pope
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2019 03:36 AM by Blake2.)
08-06-2019 03:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Rorogue Offline
Wingman

RE: Where are we going?
Nowhere, in a hurry.

I teach men and women about their soul.
08-06-2019 04:12 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Rorogue's post:
Simeon_Strangelight, HermeticAlly, ilostabet, Psygnosis89
RawGod Offline
True Player
Gold Member

I'll just say one thing for now about "enjoying the decline'; that's what a lot of us wanted to do for the last decade. Self improvement, travel, etc. Now we're finding that it's not that enjoyable, for moral and psychological reasons. Fine, but also the way the culture is going , niches to insulate yourself and observe or enjoy the decline are shrinking. Take video games and popular culture, obviously that has been deliberately targeted to force more cultural change. And also travel is not the haven it used to be. It doesn't leave many options for truth-seeking, traditionally minded and masculine men. It's still true that you can self-improve, find a pocket of the country or the world that you like, and so on...but it increasingly feels like all those doing so will have their havens invaded deliberately until they are all gone.
Buckle up and be strong. Things can get so much worse that 2019 will almost certainly be regarded as part of the nostalgic "before" era rather than "after" the great change to come.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.
08-06-2019 04:16 AM
[-] The following 21 users Like RawGod's post:
Richard Turpin, Chiosboy90, Renzy, Monty_Brogan, Jones, Isaac Jordan, Kid Twist, Emancipator, NoMoreTO, Roosh, Vasily Zaytsev, ilostabet, bacani, Vladimir Poontang, El Chinito loco, Barron, MKE-Ed, billbudsocket, CanExPat, Lovinglife, N°6
CynicalContrarian Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

I won't be surprised if the following transpires.

The U.S. (& by extention, the West) to continue to falter & waiver. Especially post Trump.
The E.U. to reform sans Britain into a proverbial '4th Reich'.
China to continue to slowly rise & be more belligerent.
More of the same & usual drama in the Middle East.
08-06-2019 04:39 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like CynicalContrarian's post:
Richard Turpin, Jungle, ChefAllDay, Enoch, bacani
Richard Turpin Offline
Wingman

(08-06-2019 04:16 AM)RawGod Wrote:  I'll just say one thing for now about "enjoying the decline'; that's what a lot of us wanted to do for the last decade. Self improvement, travel, etc. Now we're finding that it's not that enjoyable, for moral and psychological reasons. Fine, but also the way the culture is going , niches to insulate yourself and observe or enjoy the decline are shrinking. Take video games and popular culture, obviously that has been deliberately targeted to force more cultural change. And also travel is not the haven it used to be. It doesn't leave many options for truth-seeking, traditionally minded and masculine men. It's still true that you can self-improve, find a pocket of the country or the world that you like, and so on...but it increasingly feels like all those doing so will have their havens invaded deliberately until they are all gone.
Buckle up and be strong. Things can get so much worse that 2019 will almost certainly be regarded as part of the nostalgic "before" era rather than "after" the great change to come.

Yes. I remember pondering 'Enjoying the Decline' many years ago and it took me about 5 seconds to realise that it was nothing more than a glorification of 'running away'. That's fine if that's your decision, but 2 second later I realised that one day there simply won't be anywhere (geographically or metaphorically) to run to.

At some point a line has to be drawn. Besides, as Roosh pointed out on one of his latest vids, 'self-improvement' is nothing more than 'learning' as you age!

I'm still not formally religious, and most likely won't ever be because as an Englishman I just don't feel any affinity with any 'desert-religions'. I get my religion when I walk in nature, the land of my ancestors. I'm focusing on family and local community, fitness and personal business. Beyond that? Out of my control, I'm afraid.

'Where are we going?' in terms of this forum? Just enjoying it while it lasts.

‘After you’ve got two eye-witness accounts, following an automobile accident, you begin
To worry about history’ – Tim Allen
08-06-2019 04:51 AM
[-] The following 6 users Like Richard Turpin's post:
Monty_Brogan, RawGod, Matsufubu, Pangloss, SlickyBoy, 13thDuke
Chiosboy90 Offline
Recovering Beta

Civil War.

Europe will fall and something else will rise from the ashes. I just hope it will be a positive outcome.

(08-06-2019 04:16 AM)RawGod Wrote:  I'll just say one thing for now about "enjoying the decline'; that's what a lot of us wanted to do for the last decade. Self improvement, travel, etc. Now we're finding that it's not that enjoyable, for moral and psychological reasons. Fine, but also the way the culture is going , niches to insulate yourself and observe or enjoy the decline are shrinking. Take video games and popular culture, obviously that has been deliberately targeted to force more cultural change. And also travel is not the haven it used to be. It doesn't leave many options for truth-seeking, traditionally minded and masculine men. It's still true that you can self-improve, find a pocket of the country or the world that you like, and so on...but it increasingly feels like all those doing so will have their havens invaded deliberately until they are all gone.

I feel you!

Video Games are now infested with SJW-Feminist bullshit all over the place, or they are just cash grabbing unfinished products. Call me old but the golden era of Video Games is over. When I was 13 we played Age of Empires 2 on LAN Partys and it was the shit not gonna lie. But now? Wolfenstein shooting Nazis with lesbian characters? No thanks, I prefer read a book.

Self-improvement in our times is also a bit of a cope to fill time and "meaning" in a men's life. Physically, what more you need than maybe lift 2-3 times a week for 45min? You can even do that while married. No need to get buffed to find women. It really isn't important. Just be in okay shape and not a soy boy. A lot of those self-improvement GURUS are taking it too far.
They want to be in this endless cycle of going from one "improvement" to another and it never stops.

Travelling is still fun but most men are travelling to bang foreign women. Or would anyone go to Poland just to visit the country alone and not touching a single woman? I doubt it. Get a wife and travel with your loved one and your children. Way more meaning to your soul than swiping right on the Hotel toilet in some foreign country you don't really care about.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2019 05:22 AM by Chiosboy90.)
08-06-2019 05:06 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Chiosboy90's post:
Richard Turpin, Jungle, JiggyLordJr, kruger41
Meliorare93 Offline
Recovering Beta

Honestly... I don't care where "we" are going... The history of the human race is just one big shit show... You could have the impression it's still bad and getting worse but it's a WHOLE LOT BETTER NOW then in the past.

But still... Honestly... I don't give a flying f*** where WE are going. I don't do WE... I do ME...

I make sure I'm going somewhere and that the ones I love in my immediate surrounding have the possibility to also go "there" by joining me.

“Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” - Rumi

But feel free to disagree with this, to each his own. Only thing I do care about is the environment... so I try to make my ecological footprint as small as possible.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2019 05:44 AM by Meliorare93.)
08-06-2019 05:43 AM
[-] The following 6 users Like Meliorare93's post:
Richard Turpin, Jungle, CynicalContrarian, JiggyLordJr, Latan, Psygnosis89
mikado Offline
Alpha Male

(08-06-2019 05:43 AM)Meliorare93 Wrote:  Honestly... I don't care where "we" are going... The history of the human race is just one big shit show... You could have the impression it's still bad and getting worse but it's a WHOLE LOT BETTER NOW then in the past.

But still... Honestly... I don't give a flying f*** where WE are going. I don't do WE... I do ME...

I make sure I'm going somewhere and that the ones I love in my immediate surrounding have the possibility to also go "there" by joining me.

“Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” - Rumi

But feel free to disagree with this, to each his own. Only thing I do care about is the environment... so I try to make my ecological footprint as small as possible.

Excellent answer. However I think many Americans (including on this forum) will not care at all about environmental issues, given "climate change is a hoax".
All hail the economy!!

Je suis le roi du monde!!!
08-06-2019 05:52 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like mikado's post:
JiggyLordJr, Psygnosis89
Meliorare93 Offline
Recovering Beta

I'm European but even if man made climate change is a hoax (I consider this a possibility) I think it's good to strive to have a small ecological footprint. Nature feeds us... not the economy...
08-06-2019 06:41 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Meliorare93's post:
JiggyLordJr
Simeon_Strangelight Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

Life is an eternal experience for Souls in this field of play.

We are all walking on some divinely-guided path - even the evil-doers.

As for Earth itself - there are always multiple forces pulling at things - some pure evil, some just power-hungry and foolish, others are pulling in the positive direction. At times the more negative win over the positive before it balances out again for a while.

The globalists want to create a Brave New World system of total control and no families, no strong individual bonds and them ruling for millennia. They will ultimately fail and we will go on.

Ultimately none of those evil plans or even the positive plans for this world matter very much so long as there is ample room to have some experiences.
08-06-2019 07:32 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Simeon_Strangelight's post:
Thot Leader, NoMoreTO, Tactician, N°6
John Dodds Online
Recovering Beta

Photo RE: Where are we going?
I'm going cycling to my local temple in the mountains.

[Image: sb338CIl.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2019 06:57 PM by John Dodds.)
08-06-2019 06:45 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like John Dodds's post:
Nemausus, Jura, NoMoreTO, JiggyLordJr, woogyboogy
RIslander Offline
True Player
Gold Member

Time is a flat circle. I didn't fully get this scene fully at first because I considered it on the micro level. But when you consider it on the macro level it is some fascinating philosophy.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2019 08:30 PM by RIslander.)
08-06-2019 08:30 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes RIslander's post:
kruger41
MichaelWitcoff Offline
Recovering Beta

International bankers will find a way to finish demolishing the West, and then will move onto the stronger Asian nations and destroy them as well. They are moving strong pieces out of the way so there is no impediment to their goal of one-world government. And as bad as things are now, they’re a lot better than they will be in the future if and when they’ve achieved those goals.

Buckle up, take care of yourself and those around you, and let God be your guide instead of the madness of this dying world.

Return Of Kings contributor and best-selling author of "On The Mason And Their Lies."
08-06-2019 09:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 8 users Like MichaelWitcoff's post:
Sword and Board, ilostabet, Davidovich, CanExPat, Matsufubu, HB2, N°6, Tail Gunner
loremipsum Offline
Chubby Chaser

(08-06-2019 07:32 AM)Simeon_Strangelight Wrote:  Life is an eternal experience for Souls in this field of play.

We are all walking on some divinely-guided path - even the evil-doers.

As for Earth itself - there are always multiple forces pulling at things - some pure evil, some just power-hungry and foolish, others are pulling in the positive direction. At times the more negative win over the positive before it balances out again for a while.

The globalists want to create a Brave New World system of total control and no families, no strong individual bonds and them ruling for millennia. They will ultimately fail and we will go on.

Ultimately none of those evil plans or even the positive plans for this world matter very much so long as there is ample room to have some experiences.

It certainly does in a weird way feel like we are going somewhere where we've been before.
08-07-2019 12:20 AM
WalterBlack Offline
True Player

RE: Where is the world going?
Around the Sun
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2019 12:45 AM by WalterBlack.)
08-07-2019 12:45 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like WalterBlack's post:
Meliorare93, CynicalContrarian, woogyboogy
ilostabet Offline
Chubby Chaser

where we're going?

we're going toward a scientific/technological dictatorship where they'll create chimeras and particle accelerators and no one will say anything because 'we effing wuv science' and no one dares to question the new science-god.

we're going toward extreme narcissism where half the people will spend a large part of their day taking pictures of themselves and the other half will spend their time checking those pictures and masturbating over them.

we're going toward radical body modification and mutilation being the new normal. and promoting it to children. and bragging about it online.

we're going toward complete global control by a satanic-pedophilic minority that will move populations around to see how quickly they can destroy whatever is left of the old world.

where we're going we don't need any roads because we're already there.

if you want a picture of the future, imagine a gene-spliced sea lion/amy schumer hybrid lecturing us on chimera equality from inside the hivemind, while non-altered human bodies are used as cement (in the most efficient way of course) by the AI overlords to build a wall to keep the demons from another dimension at bay after the particle accelerator opened a portal to hell. not without some opposition from non-profit groups who fight for demons' rights. diversity is our strenght and we're all the same, demon, chimera and human alike, after all. and to be honest, why should we care? we'll all have UBI - at least until our minds are uploaded to the cloud for good, then it won't matter. we'll watch schumer sea lion and we'll like it.

forever.

or at least until God thinks we've suffered enough and puts us all out of our misery.

something like that.

«Spring brings cherry blossoms to comfort you, the summer stars, the harvest moon in fall, and the powdered snow in winter. All of these things, and the promise of them, is what makes sake taste so good. If the taste is bad, it comes from you.»

Seijuro Hiko
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2019 03:44 AM by ilostabet.)
08-07-2019 03:42 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like ilostabet's post:
iThinkThereforeIam, HermeticAlly, Matsufubu
Vladimir Poontang Offline
Alpha Male

(08-06-2019 05:06 AM)Chiosboy90 Wrote:  Travelling is still fun but most men are travelling to bang foreign women.

It's to prove a point. Over and over again. See? I am desirable! I knew it!

That's not how we do things in Russia, comrade.

http://inspiredentrepreneur.weebly.com/
08-07-2019 04:09 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Vladimir Poontang's post:
loremipsum, HermeticAlly
Blake2 Offline
Beta Orbiter

(08-07-2019 04:09 AM)Vladimir Poontang Wrote:  
(08-06-2019 05:06 AM)Chiosboy90 Wrote:  Travelling is still fun but most men are travelling to bang foreign women.

It's to prove a point. Over and over again. See? I am desirable! I knew it!

Good point.

I think whats really missing is some sense of community these days. Some shared purpose and goal so instead people focus on individual desires obsessively.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he is wrong, which is but saying in other words that he is wiser today than he was yesterday.
-Alexander Pope
08-07-2019 08:20 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Blake2's post:
loremipsum, Pangloss
perros Offline
Game Denialist

Im taking an astronomy class and I learned that the Sun will blow up and take earth with it, 4 billion years from now. So whatever life there is on earth at that time will cease to exist. So whatever.
08-07-2019 08:39 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes perros's post:
Kid Twist
JiggyLordJr Offline
Game Denialist

Where is the world going? Interesting question, with many possible answers. As the future is yet to be written, all we can do is make the best predictions given our current knowledge. Given that societal trends tend to perpetuate, we can look to the current state of things for a reasonable assumption of these future affairs.

- Smartphone/screen addiction will become near universal. Some "progressives" will opt to have technologies physically embedded.
- The US and the West will continue on its gradual decline. The majority of people will still fail to notice, as they are too engrossed in their screens to care (see point 1). The frog boils slowly.
- Inequality will continue to grow, with the ultra rich living in incredible oppulence, and the majority will work wage-slave jobs to cater to their every whim.
- China's middle and upper-middle class will become the biggest in the world, with consumption and quality-of-life rising substantially in the East.
- Africa will be under soft-colonization by China, but they likely won't care because it's better than it was before.
- Women will continue to lower in quality, mostly due to ill societal influence (see point 1), and men will continue to lap at their feet in increasingly greater numbers.

Let me know if I've missed anything.
08-07-2019 10:06 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes JiggyLordJr's post:
Aurini
kruger41 Online
Game Denialist

(08-06-2019 03:27 AM)Blake2 Wrote:  I don't know if this is just me, but I feel like things are changing so fast around here. This forum, society, earth......where are we headed?

The world?

A new Dark Age, the Kali Yuga. No more middle class, civil liberties all but curtailed in every way except by name, permanent warfare overseas, and grinding poverty for most of the human race. Mass surveillance with CCTV on every street corner, and a heavily censored internet. Your phone and Alexa will flag you for wrongthink, if you express verboten opinions aloud. Less freedom of movement, stagflation, little meaningful technological advancement. Neo-feudalism, without any trace of noblesse oblige. Overall, standards of living will decline, and mass media will promote this for environmental reasons.

Anarcho-Tyranny was a term that was coined some time ago: Anarchy for the common man, without any realistic expectation of a fair hearing from the corrupt legal system, and rule by Diktat from progressively more unaccountable and distant elites.

In the urban centers of the future, imagine the favelas of Brazil, patrolled by heavily armed paramilitary security forces, terrorized by well-organized criminal elements, and governed by oligarchs safely ensconced in their fortified dachas, who dine on marbled steak and are serviced by sex slaves while the commoners outside the gates subsist on bug protein smoothies and numb themselves with woke entertainment, cheap drugs and pornography whose depravity we can't yet imagine. The transhuman meme will be fully endorsed by the establishment, and social credit systems will be de rigueur, with individuals who are effectively "unpersoned" unable to buy and sell goods.

I would hope that the rural areas might be better off.

Or, we might get lucky with a NEO, the Yellowstone Caldera, or a Gamma ray burst, and we are returned to the comparative freedom of the stone age, following some grim arithmetic.
08-07-2019 10:54 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like kruger41's post:
JiggyLordJr, Samseau
How Many Bothans Offline
Male Feminist

I'm fairly certain that humans will have progressed enough before then to leave this solar system.

And maybe that's where we're going. A universal empire like that of Dune.
08-07-2019 11:31 AM
kruger41 Online
Game Denialist

(08-07-2019 11:31 AM)How Many Bothans Wrote:  I'm fairly certain that humans will have progressed enough before then to leave this solar system.

And maybe that's where we're going. A universal empire like that of Dune.

What makes you think that this is going to happen? Not that I wouldn't like to see something like this occur, but in tangible terms, why would this come to fruition?
08-07-2019 11:45 AM
yeppels Offline
Beta Orbiter

The human world has drastically changed in the past 200 years. The industrial revolution started a heavy trend towards urbanization and the more recent digital/information revolution has significantly changed the way we communicate with other humans and perceive the world.

The rise of urbanization has created dense centers of humanity which led to the destruction of small, local communities and families as sources of power, and increased the power of large, centralized governments and corporations. This is inevitable as larger bureaucracies become near mandatory to create peaceful conditions for millions of people from different backgrounds, religions, and cultures. However, large bureaucracies become inefficient and unwieldy quickly and result in systems that leave exploitable loopholes for those with resources but at the same time leave many people falling through the cracks, forgotten. This is modern America in a nutshell, where we have the rich driving their Beamers to work past people living on the streets, in pretty much every major city.

Digitization has had two primary effects on humanity:

1. Allowed communication between people who would have never had a chance to communicate before (this forum for instance) which has overall increased our empathy and our drive towards improving human rights.
2. Increased the complexity of everyday life, requiring a more advanced skillset to navigate and live a comfortable life. These skills include both technological and social, both of which require investment to improve. This has widened the gap I described earlier caused by urbanization as those without access to improving their skills are left behind even further. Those who were illiterate before, have no chance of learning how to use a computer today without some kind of intervention.

So where are we now?

We are in a phase where we are connected to others in a modern sense, yet disconnected in a classical.

We are in a phase where we have more freedom and rights to live our lives as we please, unless we were born into a disadvantageous position, where it is, as it always has been, very difficult to catch up.

We are in a phase where life is more complex that it has ever been with the amount of people we have to deal with on a regular basis, the basic skills we need to have to live a good life, and the amount of knowledge required to be able to navigate this world we've created.

Considering all three of these points are very new to humanity on a biological time scale, we will certainly deal with some hiccups and there will be negative consequences. Ain't nothing in this world for free.

So what can we do?

Keep investing into yourself, your education, and your skills. The more knowledge and advanced skillsets you have, the easier it is for you to make a living and the harder it is for you to be left behind by globalization. This is neverending. Make your thirst for knowledge unquenchable.

Keep investing into relationships. As we no longer have local communities by default, we must spend the time to create them, as well as take advantage of the new communication mediums we've been given thanks to the internet and other technologies. We must be wary, as these technologies threaten to become our masters. We cannot let this happen, and instead must master them.

Keep investing into the world. This one is difficult to do as we are up against a global empire that seeks to make profit above all else, but we must make the world a better place for our children and our children's children. We must preserve the opportunities we've been given, but at the same time open up new ones. This is the task of humanity.
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2019 12:14 PM by yeppels.)
08-07-2019 12:08 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like yeppels's post:
Blake2, JiggyLordJr, DonovanVC, Vars, Kid Twist
Blake2 Offline
Beta Orbiter

(08-07-2019 10:59 AM)weedman Wrote:  YO YO YO !! I am a plug a grower and supplier of weed for both vendors and stuners at awesome prices hit me up for deals and you'll never regeat ever doing business with me that I assure you..Hit me up if you're interested @ ?(938) 223x 0190?
Purple haze,
White widow
, Gorilla glue,
Northern light,
Moon rock,
Wedding cake
, Gelato 43,
Green crack,
Lemon haze
, Golden state banana,
Ak47,
Purple urkle,
Dream land
, Train wreck
, Lemon bubble,
Skittles,
Cherry OG,
Banana punch,
Golden gorilla,
Supreme punch,
Yoga OG
, Blue dreams,
Goshers,
Fire OG,
Strawberry pie
, Boss OG
, Strawberry shortcake,
Mimosa,
Lemonade,
Apple fritter,
Pineapple Express,
GSC
, Hit me up if you're interested @ ?(938) 223x 0190?

LOL. I think we'll see a lot more people like weedman in the future world.

-Alexander Pope
08-07-2019 12:58 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Blake2's post:
kruger41, BBinger

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Most Patient Cop In The World Arrests Most Irritating Chick In The World Snurby 50 22,544 08-01-2015 04:13 PM
Last Post: mpr
  Why do Americans hate World Cup soccer and the world is so silly with it? Parlay44 186 69,662 09-20-2014 05:11 PM
Last Post: puckerman