I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

How to move to Russia from a western country?
matt0024 Offline
Male Feminist

How to move to Russia from a western country?
Hi all,

Sorry if I have posted this on the wrong forum etc, as I'm sure somebody will point out, but anyway, my situation is as follows:

Last year I was on a round the world trip and happened to meet a lovely lady in Novosibirsk, Siberia. I have since been back and, basically, fell love with her. I don't think she would leave her career/family/friends and come and live in NZ with me, but I would totally give it a go in Siberia. Has anybody had any experience with living or working in Russia? The tourist Visa lasts 30 days and then you are required to leave the country (although I hear that overstaying it would mean just a nominal fine). I guess there is always the option of knocking her up and then trying to claim citizenship that way, but I can't find much info on those regs either. I would appreciate any advice from anybody who has experience with the subject matter.

Cheers, "first time poster, long time listener",
Matt
08-13-2019 08:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Salame Offline
Game Denialist

RE: How to move to Russia from a western country?
(08-13-2019 08:16 PM)matt0024 Wrote:  I guess there is always the option of knocking her up and then trying to claim citizenship that way
Why is your first reaction to knock her up rather than seek a work visa or business investment visa, the latter could lead to citizenship via the investment route.

There are loads of resources via Google, Expatrica for example is a good starting place.
08-14-2019 04:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Salame's post:
abt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Exclamation Western women perceive this country as of higher status almast 15 5,340 04-06-2017 09:35 PM
Last Post: Soma
  Difference between Western women and non-Western women BlackWolf 24 24,892 05-09-2011 02:48 PM
Last Post: UrbanNerd
  what should be my next move charmer 0 1,596 11-14-2008 07:53 AM
Last Post: charmer