I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Yellowstone National Park and Grand Teton
Roosh Offline
Innovative Casanova

Yellowstone National Park and Grand Teton
I'm soon to hit Yellowstone. I will be entering from the south, near Jackson, WY, then exiting from the north. I will stay for one night in the middle of the park, near the top of Lake Yellowstone. So I will have two days to explore.

I'm looking more for wildlife (birds, mammals) and scenic short hikes (under 4 miles total) that aren't overly crowded with people. Geysers are not very important for me.

Are there any specific trails or areas you can recommend?

I will also have half a day in Grand Teton. I'm guessing there isn't much to do in that time except drive through and enjoy some scenic overlooks, but I may have time for one short hike.

Roosh
http://www.rooshv.com
08-14-2019 12:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
debeguiled Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

RE: Yellowstone National Park and Grand Teton
Don't forget to go for a bear or bison ride.

These are largely informal affairs.

Just find one you like and hop on.

[Image: 57bf0cdc956abc1b008b45b3-480-360.jpg]

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2019 12:41 PM by debeguiled.)
08-14-2019 12:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 4 users Like debeguiled's post:
Roosh, Leonard D Neubache, BBinger, Davidovich
Hypno Offline
International Playboy

In GT, Park at the Rockefeller reserve and take the short easy hike to Phelps lake.

Ask rangers about the best places to see wildlife. We drove at night to the top of a hill/mountain in GT and got to a clearing and saw about 100 elk.

Swim in the fire hole river swimming hole.
08-14-2019 12:51 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Hypno's post:
Roosh, debeguiled, Davidovich
Hypno Offline
International Playboy

BTW there are a lot of young Eastern Europeans who working the park for the summer. I think they live in dorms behind the nice hotels and have their own bar.
08-14-2019 01:13 PM
SayWhat1015 Offline
Game Denialist

Two days?! That’s like taking a trip to Europe for two days. What’s the point hehe
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2019 10:19 PM by SayWhat1015.)
08-14-2019 10:18 PM
Spectrumwalker Offline
Wingman

Make sure you got plenty of gas driving through Wyo and fill up when you can. Never quite sure when the next gas station is gonna be. Speaking from personal experience.Confused

Also, probably wouldn't be this trip, but if you really enjoy Wyoming and you want to come back; there's a sleepy little town called Ten Sleep about 4 hours east of Jackson, and north of Lander. But it's a great spot with the Bighorn National Forest right there. Ain't much in town. Population is only a couple hundred. But its super quiet, and don't attract many visitors. There's some campgrounds and lots of nature stuff to do. It's beautiful there. Highly recommended.

Dreams are like horses; they run wild on the earth. Catch one and ride it. Throw a leg over and ride it for all its worth.
Psalm 25:7
https://youtu.be/vHVoMCH10Wk
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2019 10:46 PM by Spectrumwalker.)
08-14-2019 10:36 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like Spectrumwalker's post:
Roosh, debeguiled, Davidovich, Capitán Peligroso
Roosh Offline
Innovative Casanova

(08-14-2019 10:18 PM)SayWhat1015 Wrote:  Two days?! That’s like taking a trip to Europe for two days. What’s the point hehe

[Image: 0H4KacS.gif]

Roosh
http://www.rooshv.com
08-14-2019 11:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roosh's post:
debeguiled
Hypno Offline
International Playboy

Remember to use your parking brake

http://knuckledraggin.com/wp-content/upl...ns_the.mp4
08-15-2019 06:10 AM
TripleG Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

Roosh, glad youre connecting with nature and looking forward to your youtube Yellowstone video. This park is on my shortlist of things to do, even ahead of Grand Canyon.
08-15-2019 08:31 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like TripleG's post:
debeguiled, Roosh
Dusty Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

Try to avoid the rude Chinese tourists!

Take care of those titties for me.
08-15-2019 01:50 PM
Luke Stranahan Online
Male Feminist

Roosh,

I was there in the late 90s. Grab a map and a geyser schedule, try to see some. Castle geyser, the sawmill, and the paint pots are all nice. Old faithful is, like all girls, a little less faithful these days. I saw the uber big one, forget its name.

Please go see the Church of the Transfiguration. It's a small chapel at the south end of the Teton Park. A good sunny afternoon is best, without haze, as behind the altar is a window showing all the seven peaks.

I believe we drove into Jackson Hole on the bottom. There are some good bars there.
08-15-2019 01:59 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Luke Stranahan's post:
Roosh
Śpiewak Offline
Male Feminist

I live very close to Yellowstone. The best place to see wildlife (and the least visited area of the park) is the Lamar Valley (northeastern area of park, I'll probably be fly fishing there this weekend). Tons o' bison. Wolves, "speed goats" (pronghorn antelope), etc. Just outside of the Lamar Valley (headed toward northeast entrance/Slivergate & Cooke City, MT) is Trout Lake. A short (but steep) 0.5 mile hike to the lake (small lake with a trail around the whole thing). You might see otters there. If you were here at the beginning of July you would have seen cutthroat trout spawning in the feeder stream at the far end of the lake.

The Tower Falls area is loaded with black bear. Mt. Washburn (between Canyon and Tower Falls) is about a three mile hike (one way) to the top (ranger station lookout, ~10,500 ft elevation). Great views. You'll have to go up the Chittenden Road trail because the parking lot for the other trail is under construction. You might see mountain sheep and... grizzlies (hopefully from a distance). It is a good idea to have a can of bear spray with you (and know how to use it).

The best times to see critters are the early morning and in the evening. Except bison. You see them all of the time.

Going out through the north entrance you'll go through Gardiner, MT and the Paradise Valley. Nice drive. BUT... BUT... If you go out of the northeast entrance you will go over the Beartooth Pass/Highway (almost 11,000 ft elev. at top). MANY consider it the most scenic drive in the lower 48. You might see some mountain goat along the way.

Uważaj na siebie i baw się dobrze!
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2019 06:00 PM by Śpiewak.)
08-15-2019 05:45 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Śpiewak's post:
Roosh, Friar

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I.T park Ayala Cebu city trip report (by Schlep) Schlep 23 12,893 06-02-2018 01:26 PM
Last Post: Choo Choo Train
  Data Sheet: Asbury Park, NJ Eddie Winslow 5 4,302 06-08-2017 07:23 AM
Last Post: Eddie Winslow
  10 Grand travel plan Jackdarabbit 17 6,431 03-21-2017 12:23 AM
Last Post: samsamsam