I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Poll: Does taking testosterone cause permanent, positive changes?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Can taking testosterone cause permanent, beneficial effects
foxco Offline
Pigeon

Can taking testosterone cause permanent, beneficial effects
I'm 33 and living in Thailand. I can get access to testosterone gel and injections. I'm considering researching the topic heavily and then experimenting - still in the early stages.

I'd like to know if guys that have supplemented testosterone before had permanent physical changes after a period of use? For example, deeper voice, thicker beard, more body hair, better facial aesthetics, persistent muscle mass, etc. Basically like a mini, 2nd puberty.

Not sure if this is a valid comparison, but female to male transgenders take some course of hormones and then have permanent masculinizing effects. It got me wondering if a cycle or two of testosterone had long term effects on men as well. (Even if you don't continue to supplement)

Note: I am aware that it can shrink your balls and shut down your natural T-production. I also know their are medications and regiments to mitigate this. Not really interested in getting into that. More curious about the possible positive long term changes towards just being a more optimal man.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2019 12:37 PM by foxco.)
08-19-2019 12:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
kinjutsu Offline
Pelican

RE: Can taking testosterone cause permanent, beneficial effects
Basic understanding of using test or any other drugs to enhance yourself is that once you discontinue use of the drug(s) you lose all of the benefits you gained.

PCT (post cycle therapy) doesn't do shit for your gains. All it does it hold off the hormone crash until you go back on your drug cycle.

Bottom Line: Once you stop using the drugs the benefits you gained WILL go away eventually. How fast is determined by how much you were on and how long you were using.

My Twitter

You can't get lucky all the time, but you can be smart everyday though...
08-19-2019 04:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like kinjutsu's post:
BBinger, zoom, bacani
arkandflesh Offline
Pigeon

I used to cycle test for weight lifting purposes. I've done 3 cycles of 3-4 months each. I was cycling from about 27 to 30, so about one a year. In short, here's what you can expect

On cycle: your voice will deepen, and you will have new found strength, like after a few weeks you'll feel like hercules. You'll gain strength and mass much faster. Your balls could be the size of grapes when you're done.

Off cycle: Your voice will gradually lighten up to pre- juice levels. It will be gradual, and you will not like it. You'll lose some of the enormous muscle growth, but thanks to muscle memory, you will be able to easily gain a lot of it back and get bigger and stronger than you were BEFORE the test cycle. So there's a type of permanent gain there.

You ask about whether you'll get more hair, but the reality is, if you have the genes for balding, taking test will hasten that process. Body hair? For me it was negligeable gains if any. I got one or two hairs sprouting on my shoulder, but thats it.

I did test in my prime and I probably won't do it again because I don't wanna risk making my heart grow. For the record, being on cycle in my late twenties was some of the most fun I ever had.

Research a LOT before you take the plunge, it can really mess you up if you don't. Be responsible, and know what you're doing. For resources, check out /fit/ on 4 chan and look for the /fraud general/ thread. It's up almost all the time. It's where the gear heads hang out and answer questions.
08-19-2019 04:31 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like arkandflesh's post:
jselysianeagle, Latan, joost, foxco, bacani
TravelingBodybuilder Offline
Robin

youll have better feedback on a bodybuilding/steriod forum OP

(08-19-2019 12:35 PM)foxco Wrote:  I'm 33 and living in Thailand. I can get access to testosterone gel and injections. I'm considering researching the topic heavily and then experimenting - still in the early stages.

I'd like to know if guys that have supplemented testosterone before had permanent physical changes after a period of use? For example, deeper voice, thicker beard, more body hair, better facial aesthetics, persistent muscle mass, etc. Basically like a mini, 2nd puberty.

Not sure if this is a valid comparison, but female to male transgenders take some course of hormones and then have permanent masculinizing effects. It got me wondering if a cycle or two of testosterone had long term effects on men as well. (Even if you don't continue to supplement)

Note: I am aware that it can shrink your balls and shut down your natural T-production. I also know their are medications and regiments to mitigate this. Not really interested in getting into that. More curious about the possible positive long term changes towards just being a more optimal man.
Everyone is different. I didnt notice a deeper voice after being on for 8 years , also what do you mean persistent muscle mass, testosterone doesnt grow you from doing nothing. HGH will grow you from doing nothing due to creating new muscle cells that mature over time. But not testosterone. If you dont workout or diet properly you will look like garbage like a lot of people that use steriods because they think its magic. And TRT just gives you normal levels of testosterone. You will need to use high dosages to get "steriod gains" Also it doesnt better your facial aesthetics, it bloats your face so it decreases your facial aesthetics. High dosages of testosterone give a down syndrome like appearance in the face due to water retention. And if you want to grow, your not going to grow on trt dose testosterone... So expect to lose facial aesthetics if you want to grow size. But it is only temporarily Even 150-250 mg of test a week youll gain a little bit of water retention in the face.

And it doesnt decrease your testicles size that much. Only if your estrogen gets high it will start to shrink. Iv never touched hcg and been on for 8 years and not once have i had a girl comment about my ball size. so this stuff that i read about them becoming raisins like a neutered dog is not true...(unless your estrogen gets high then your balls will slowly shrink) but everyone has different effects...

body hair will increase including facial hair.

and as far as hair loss goes, i didnt notice any faster hairloss even with receding hairline gene.
a lot of people run steriods and look at their hairline 3 years later and notice they lost hair.. But even if they never touched steriods they would have had hair loss because they got older... I dont believe steriods have that big of a negative effect on the hair. I think having an unhealthy diet is much worse than steriods for your hair.

if people are losing all their gains post cycle its because their routine/diet is garbage. Its normal to lose some strength and water retention. But youll keep 100% of your actual muscle gains if you arent beyond your natural limit. The gains loss are just water retention inside your muscles which may be a mind fuck to you , but its not to be confused with muscle tissue loss.

(08-19-2019 04:13 PM)kinjutsu Wrote:  Basic understanding of using test or any other drugs to enhance yourself is that once you discontinue use of the drug(s) you lose all of the benefits you gained.

PCT (post cycle therapy) doesn't do shit for your gains. All it does it hold off the hormone crash until you go back on your drug cycle.

Bottom Line: Once you stop using the drugs the benefits you gained WILL go away eventually. How fast is determined by how much you were on and how long you were using.
This isnt true. It wont go away unless you went past your natural limit. And how fast it is is determined by how much beyond your natural limit you were on.

You could run a few cycles and hit your max natural potential. Stop using steriods And maintain all gains.(with proper diet and lifting routine). Because you only need high levels of testosterone to maintain beyond your natural limit... Its only when people exceed un natural level of muscle mass that they need a minimum dosage of testosterone to maintain that size. Also, steriods even modify your muscle cells so you will be a little bit bigger than you could have achieved naturally and still maintain it.

Steriods are a short cut. You may lose water weight post cycle, but it was never real muscle to begin with, just your muscles filled with water from water retention. Not actual muscle loss. You will still keep the muscles you gained on cycle as long as you diet and workout properly and arent beyond your natural limit.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2019 05:58 PM by TravelingBodybuilder.)
08-20-2019 05:48 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like TravelingBodybuilder's post:
foxco, Bienvenuto, bacani

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Natural ways to boost Testosterone? jbkunt2 86 40,575 Yesterday 05:04 AM
Last Post: Atticus
  A Father's Age and a Son's Testosterone Levels puckerman 7 1,079 10-12-2019 02:09 PM
Last Post: NoMoreTO
  Clomid for Testosterone lifeizfunhuh 240 102,529 10-10-2019 01:49 AM
Last Post: Hattrick1