I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Keto Diet - Data Sheet
JiggyLordJr Online
Beta Orbiter

Keto Diet - Data Sheet
In response to some interested parties on the Keto thread, I decided to drop a separate data sheet here on the forum. Some of this will be what has already been hashed in the thread, but most of it is personal knowledge from several years of research and adherence to the diet. Feel free to PM me for sources.

The Keto Diet

Introduction

Given that humans - and all living creature - need some form of food to survive, diet has formed the backbone of our of earthly existence. Unlike plants, who are reliant on photosynthesis, or many animals, who can subsist only on vegetation, we humans have an enormous amount of agency in picking what we choose to consume. Just go to any supermarket in the developed world to see this agency firsthand - the sheer amount of options can leave one with their head spinning. Unfortunately for men, 95% of food stocked in these places is processed inefficiently by our bodies, as we have evolved to subsist on a fairly limited range of food sources. Fine tuning your diet to account for these sources can have a profound impact on your life - fixing your diet is functionally the first step in rising to your top.

Women & Carbs - A Love Story

Understanding diet in the context of evolutionary biology is important in order to appreciate the roots of this lifestyle. Chemical analysis of bones from Paleolithic digs have uncovered evidence that men were primarily carnivores, and women were contrarily omnivores. The majority of meat yielded from a given hunt was first allocated to the men of the tribe, and if there were anything left remaining, the women would would share it amongst themselves. Women would primarily on nuts and plants that they gathered in the absence of their hunting husbands. Given their reliance on relatively carb-heavy sources, women naturally evolved to seek out carbs. The healthiest women - meaning the most fertile - would tend to have the most voluptuous curves. In simpler terms, fat deposits in the right places. Something very important to note is that once ingested, carbs -> body fat. Due to this biological phenomenon, women evolved to seek out carb-rich food to maximize their fertility. For this reason, a low-carb diet is not only unpleasant, but potentially damaging, to the average woman. It is because of this that the following dietary recommendations are not aimed towards women (who generally just follow fad diets anyway), but rather to men looking to max out their mind and body. More on that in a bit.

Men & Carbs - A Horror Story

The dietary habits of our ancient ancestors continue to impact us today, even if we're no longer trawling the Savanah in search of Bison and Deer. Men have been hunting as long as we've been in existence, and this lifestyle has affected our genetic profile accordingly. Hunting would primarily yield red meat, which men have lived off - almost solely - for millennia of times past. In places where fishing brought results marine life was eaten in addition to, or in leiu of, hunting. For the vast majority of men throughout history, red meat and/or fish was their primary food source - and our bodies quickly adapted to make the best use of this fuel. What happened was that over time, mens' bodies began to use fat as energy, and protein to rebuild muscles. Maintenance and growth of muscles proved a great defense against predators and other threats, while fat acted as a fuel that kept men going through feast and famine. Mens' bodies never had the time to adjust to the modern, carb-rich diet, with the possible exception of some East Asian countries that have been cultivating rice for millennia. Outside of these isolated ecosystems, men's bodies were optimized to efficiently extract maximum nutritional value from fat and protein. Enter the keto diet.

So What Is Keto?

The keto diet is in essence eating in accordance with what our bodies want. This is to be distinguished from eating what our mind wants, which tend to high-fat and high-carb sources. We desire foods that fit this profile because they spike our blood sugar, as well as dopamine, giving one a sort of "food high," inevitably to be crashed from the body notes the useless calories. Useless - as mentioned before, our bodies are not equipt to use high-carb foods as fuel, and liver immediately converts it to body fat. This is okay for women, who require body fat (in the right places), but men function at their optimum when at a very low body fat (I.e "ripped"). Hence, all high-carb foods are to be avoided by the self-actualized man, as he knows better than to buy into the dopamine bombs pushed out by food vendors globally. When faced with the fact that 95% of all food sold is terrible for the male physique, where does one go from there? Well I'm glad you asked.

What Should I Eat?

In accordance with the keto diet, and in tandem with our biological requirements, a man should subsist primarily on animal products, with nuts and other low-carb foods filling caloric gaps as necessary. The ideal products a man should consume are grass-fed beef, pasture-raised chicken, eggs, and cheese. Because fat is the primary fuel of man, one should seek out the fattiest cuts of meat possible, ensuring the quality of the beef is up to par. A quick rundown on the staples of a keto diet:

Beef - The holy grail of keto is a high-quality beef steak. The ideal cuts that tend to be commonly available are ribeye, sirloin, and short loin. A good way to remember is that the best cuts from the top of the cow - refer to this chart when in doubt. The best method of preparing a steak on a stovetop is to be butter-bast it, which maxes out the flavor. It's important to sear the steak on for approx. 30 seconds on each side to kill any surface bacteria, then quickly plate it to ensure the middle is completely raw. This way your body can extract the most nutritional value from the steak - the longer you cook it, the less healthy it becomes. For those of you who are worried about raw beef, don't. If you're still concerned, it's fine to cook the steak to your desired rarity; just don't expect maximum benefits from this preparation. I find ground beef to be generally less sanitary, as there is significantly more surface area where bacteria can grow and fester. I would advise one to stick primarily to cuts, and not mince, as many keto followers have had hygienic (and by extension, stomach) problems with ground beef. Steaks taste better anyhow.

You may have noticed that I haven't recommended pork. This is because pigs generally have terrible diets (they literally eat shit), which can reduce the nutritional value of the meat considerably. But if bacon's your thing, go for it - it won't do much damage, and it won't affect your progress on the diet. Ideally, however, beef should comprise the bulk of your meat consumption. But if budget the main concern - as grass-fed beef can be geographically expensive - one can stick to an alternative meat source, or the second holy grail...

Eggs - Truly a godsend on this diet. They provide a hearty, low-carb alternative, in case one doesn't wish to subsist solely on steak. On their own, eggs can be quite bland, but when cooked in healthy oils (and layered with cheese), they can turn out damn delicious. Vegetables are effectively redundant, as all of your required nutrients can be extracted from animal products. However, if one is culinary inclined and likes cooking with veggies (I.e omelette, cultural dish), by all means go for it. Just keep in mind that vegetables can be deceptively high in carbs and fiber. Like carbs, men have not yet evolved to utilize fiber, and in high amounts it can end up damaging the digestive tract (via coarse fiber scratches). Vegetables are mostly genetically modified to be as sweet as possible, and in no way resemble the produce of times past. Fruits suffer the same malady, and should be avoided almost entirely (except in tea bags). Aside from miracle spices such as garlic and ginger, most vegetables and can be safely avoided if one wishes to do so. Greens were never a requirement, merely a luxury - treat it as such and you'll be golden.

Nuts - Macadamias, idealy. Although men didn't evolve on a legume-centric diet, there are many nuts that fit the nutritional profile of keto: mostly fat, enough protein, and minimal carbs. However, a lot of nuts tend to be high in carbs, macadamias being the lowest, and hence the third grail. Other nuts I'd recommend are walnuts and almonds, which have mild carb levels and numerous health benefits. Peanuts are by far the cheapest of all legumes, but try to go easy on them, as they have a sneaky dose of carbs and an excess of omega 6 (causes inflammation). Peanut butter is delicious and relatively low carb; it also helps one get over the sudden absence of sugar in their life.

Can I Drink?

Unfortunately, keto and alcohol don't mesh well, as their goals are at ends in several ways. Alcohol in its essence is not a carb, but is often made in a way that carbs are present in the end product. The best examples of this would be beer, the worst thing possible for a man's body, and cocktails, which men shouldn't be drinking anyway. Beer is a double whammy, as it contains a shit ton of carbs that swiftly morph to belly fat (I.e the infamous beer-gut), as well as hops which have been shown to potentially lower T. I won't even discuss cocktails - leave that stuff for the women. It's possible to safely indulge in low-carb alcohol on keto, such as spirits and red wine, but drinking - anecdotally - can create high risk of a carb binge (I.e two drinks and a box of Chips Ahoy later). A healthier alternative to alcohol is weed, but that's somewhat controversial and a topic for another thread. I believe that having most alcohol verboten is the biggest reason why most men will never be able to maintain this diet - who could ever forgo their evening beer? The decision to cut alcohol out entirely or switch to a lower-carb option is ultimately up to the individual - drinking is a personal thing and I will leave it up to the man to decide which route he wants to take.

Adaptation & Maintenance

If you've been on a high-carb diet your life to this point, the 10-to-20 day adaptation period will be something akin to Hell Week. As your gut flushes the bacteria that used to thrive on the carbs you consumed, you may experience frequent bathroom trips for the first week or so. Brain fog is fairly common, and you'll probably be in withdrawal from the dopamine of your old diet. Sugary food and starches are incredibly addictive, and cutting them down drastically may result in a few slip-ups. I wouldn't stress too much about these, as long as your diet is keto-friendly ~85% of the time. When you go out to restaurants or in situations where no keto food is available - which social events tend towards - it will be your call whether you want to take the day off or continue to adhere to the diet. If you consume an excess of carbs (30g+ daily) you will likely be kicked out of ketosis (the state of being on a keto diet), and temporarily fail to reap the benefits. 72h of correct eating will get you right back on track - that's why I don't sweat the occasional piece of bread or chocolate at a gathering. When I travel I let loose and generally put the diet on pause, but I'm right back to steak and eggs on my return. Your level of adhere is up to you.

That's all I have for now, would be happy to answer any questions in the comments. Please feel free to share any additional information you have on this diet - I am forever a lifestyle student. Keto turned my life around in many ways, hopefully it can for you as well. Bon Appetit!
08-20-2019 09:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 5 users Like JiggyLordJr's post:
Montrose, Jones, whitewashedblackguy, Simeon_Strangelight, Cast2e
joost Offline
Chubby Chaser

RE: Keto Diet - Data Sheet
Can you tell us about other benefits about Keto diet since you've being doing it for a while?

-no more brain-fog?
-Is it possible to maintain big muscles and a low body fat?
-Do you have energy going to the gym?
-what about bad Breath?
-Is there any improvement in libido or sex stamina?

I'm building my Keto diet spreadsheet. 2400 kcal. Whey as a primary source of protein and heavy cream/coconut oil as the fat source.
08-20-2019 10:42 AM
Pinkman Offline
Game Denialist

Been on keto for 3 weeks and haven't noticed much of anything, except for waking up hungry in the mornings. I was going to do it mostly to combat candida and to lower inflammation but I read that candida and other yeast infections can become worse (and systemic) by going on a keto diet since they feed off of ketones just as well as glucose. I think it is important to take probiotics or at least eat a bit of yoghurt every day while on the keto diet to keep some bacteria in the gut.
08-20-2019 10:52 AM
Jones Offline
Chubby Chaser

Excellent data sheet Jiggy.

I'll add that bacon is also very salty. It's important to get over 1 L of water a day, close to 2 L is ideal on this diet - do not add salt to anything!

Nuts are hard to digest so I leave them out - you get the fat but the trade off is poorer digestion and fibre content.

Also, don't worry about calorie counting if you're trying to lose weight - just eat enough fat until you are full - unless you are looking to get absolutely shredded to the point of >5% body fat.
08-20-2019 01:30 PM
ChefAllDay Offline
Chubby Chaser

Lots of info there, mostly bang on. You actually need to consume more salt, potassium and magnesium on Keto or Carnivore diets. Way more than you would expect, keep those electrolytes up.

If you want to drink booze, do Vodka/Tequila and soda with a bit of lemon/lime. All good.

Beef, is best, sort of. Really it's all ruminants, buffalo, lamb, deer, elk, moose & etc. The quality is more important than the species.

Steak, cook it med rare (3-3 1/2 minutes a side on a grill or searing hot pan for a 3/4" steak), not blue unless you really prefer it that way. Raw steak needs to be cut very small and served with a little oil, salt, egg yolk and acid to be any good for most people (aka tartar). If it's too rare it is hard to cut, chew and digest without being prepared properly.

Pork is great with loads of fat, if you can get organic. They "literally" don't eat shit, but they do eat just about everything else, although they can be picky if you spoil them. I have raised pigs that wouldn't eat turnips for example. The issue is factory pork that is full of hormones. Don't eat that if you can help it.

Still, great post just a few minor things.

"Women however should get a spanking at least once a week by their husbands and boyfriends - that should be mandated by law" - Zelcorpion
08-20-2019 10:12 PM
Jones Offline
Chubby Chaser

Steak: As far as cooking steak - blood rare to blue is the best, tastiest and healthiest, way to go.

The more you cook it, the harder it is to digest and it doesn't taste as good.

If it's tough, get a sharp knife and cut it into small pieces that can be easily swallowed so you don't need to hardly chew. Raw meat is rarely tough.

I worked myself down to as rare as you can get, it might take a few steaks to get there, but it's all in your head.

Pigs: Problem with pork is you have to completely cook it for it to be safely eaten - destroying many of the nutrients.

No, pigs don't "literally" eat (their own) shit, but will if they find it - opportunistic omnivores, garbling down rats and mice.

What do you mean by organic pork: Domestic breed pig, very fat or "wild boar" like "free-range" eggs, that will eat any and everything that moves and is buried?

The "organic" pig will be much leaner, lesser fat even on an animal that already has no, "marbling" - yet still susceptible to parasites like all pigs: pork tapeworm, trematoda, trichinae.

The domestic ones are fattened up on corn (maize) and skim milk - their meat is white when cooked compared to tough and dark like wild pig.

I can only speak for certainty that beef is rarely injected with hormones, and if they are, it's bovine hormones which do not affect humans.

Pigs are not bovine, so I can not speak to what hormone - but even if pigs were injected with hormones that can affect humans, it would be such a small residual amount that it would have no effect relative to the amount you eat.

The parasites are the thing to be concerned about with pigs.

Salt: Do not add salt to anything, it's an addiction, and takes a few days for the body to begin conserving it instead of excreting it through skin/kidneys. If you get light-headedness when trying to wean off salt, take a bit of salt, but try to get off adding salt to your diet.

An ounce of any meat a day is enough for your daily sodium requirements. Only vegetarians have salt deficiency in their diet as it must be added to their tasteless vegetables - too much salt is very bad for your skin and kidneys, interferes with fat metabolism, and causes water retention.

For things like potassium, in a few weeks to couple months, any mineral unbalances should be levelled out on an all-meat diet that is 80% fat/20% protein.

You could take mineral supplements during the transitioning.

Additional meats to eat: rabbit, duck, goose.
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2019 09:00 PM by Jones.)
08-21-2019 08:56 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jones's post:
Simeon_Strangelight
ChefAllDay Offline
Chubby Chaser

C'mon salt is not an addiction, it's a required nutrient to survive. Stop posting if you don't have a clue. Just google that shit. Fuck sakes.

"Women however should get a spanking at least once a week by their husbands and boyfriends - that should be mandated by law" - Zelcorpion
08-21-2019 10:16 PM
whitewashedblackguy Offline
Recovering Beta

OP is a great writer. Good post. I’ll add to that salt is an addiction thing:

As stated, salt is one of the most important minerals, next to potassium and magnesium. But the type of salt is important, and the best type is Himalayan Pink salt. Table salt is the worst because it’s straight up sodium, without any other minerals. It would be like eating nothing but 100% fat free products. That’s the shit that’ll fuck you up.

African-Americans were horrified that the history of their ancestors was being, quite literally, whitewashed.
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2019 11:03 PM by whitewashedblackguy.)
08-21-2019 10:59 PM
Recovering Beta

Pinkman,
Just give it some time, it takes awhile to adjust to this. I was fucked for a month or so before I started feeling like a superhero. You’re spot on about probiotics. If you want to help out your gut, get some Sauerkraut or kimchi that’s been fermented in water instead of vinegar. Tons more probiotics and you don’t have to worry about counting carbs like with yogurt. I like Bubbies.

African-Americans were horrified that the history of their ancestors was being, quite literally, whitewashed.
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2019 11:12 PM by whitewashedblackguy.)
08-21-2019 11:10 PM
Jones Offline
Chubby Chaser

(08-21-2019 10:16 PM)ChefAllDay Wrote:  C'mon salt is not an addiction, it's a required nutrient to survive. Stop posting if you don't have a clue. Just google that shit. Fuck sakes.

Someone's being salty.

Sodium, straight up sodium, is necessary to survive and is what is found in meat.

Sodium Chloride, "Salt", is an additive, a chemical poison with an addictive taste.

Why is it so hard for people to cut back on it?

I googled that shit,

Why salt is addictive: It stimulates the brain cells just like cigarrets and hard drugs

Why do salt cravings in rats disappear, before the chemical even leaves the stomach, enters the blood, and arrives at the brain?

"Only herbivorous animals will seek out and consume salt - because sodium is lacking in all terrestrial plant tissues. Carnivores do not need any salt."
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2019 05:59 AM by Jones.)
08-22-2019 05:51 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jones's post:
ChefAllDay
Recovering Beta

'When the rodents were in need of salt, brain cells made proteins more usually linked to addiction to substances such as heroin, cocaine and nicotine.'

'The researchers said that the importance of salt to overall health means that cravings for it form 'an ancient instinct' deeply embedded in the brain. This may explain why we find salty foods so tasty.'

'It is an evolutionary mechanism of high survival value because when an animal is depleted of water or salt it can drink what it needs in five to ten minutes and get out which makes it less susceptible to predators.'

The article you provided proves the point. Salt is necessary. But not straight up sodium. And when I say straight up sodium, I mean NaCl without any trace minerals. That's iodized (read: refined) table salt. It's damn hard to find Sodium without the Chloride in nature.

"The free metal does not occur in nature, and must be prepared from compounds." From the sodium Wikipedia page. You need a high PH base just to make that happen (caustic soda). And that shit eats your skin. So, yeah.

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2019 09:59 AM by whitewashedblackguy.)
08-22-2019 09:12 AM
JiggyLordJr Online
Beta Orbiter

(08-20-2019 10:42 AM)joost Wrote:  Can you tell us about other benefits about Keto diet since you've being doing it for a while?

-no more brain-fog?
-what about bad Breath?

I'm building my Keto diet spreadsheet. 2400 kcal. Whey as a primary source of protein and heavy cream/coconut oil as the fat source.

-no more brain-fog?

Disappears after the adaptation week(s). Mental clarity goes through the roof - you'll notice a substantial difference between the old and the new.

Absolutely. The only way to have those muscles show is through low body fat. Check out ketogains - the owner of the site has been on keto for years and is ripped.

I find I have excess energy on keto, and that going to the gym is an excellent way to channel it. Keto and exercise go hand in hand.

-what about bad Breath?

Chew gum / brush teeth

Very much so. Could go for hours on keto - the diet seems to bring you into a very primal state. Perfect for masculine endeavors.
08-22-2019 09:39 AM
joost Offline
Chubby Chaser

^^
I'm SOLD!

I'm checking Ketogains.com (and r/ketogains). Meanwhile, can you tell us more about dieting? How often do you eat? What are the primary source of fat you use? Is heavy cream a good one? I'm looking for an affordable and practical one.
08-22-2019 11:41 AM
Simeon_Strangelight Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

I can also confirm based on my own experiences as well as people in my vicinity that various health improvements follow with a Keto-diet which is more akin to the natural human diet anyway.

Keto carnivore is very beneficial to most humans.

Here also on the topic of the superfood meat: http://meatheals.com

I don't know whether carbs are better for women - probably a bit more, but from what I noticed - women on the Keto or carnivore diet do better with far more fat than what men require. So if women eat lots of fresh cream, butter and raw/smoked fish, then they are fine. Their metabolism requires simply more fat, there is little need to increas the carb dose.

The Western diet is 75%+ consistant of carbs, sugars and vegetable fats - that is way too much as we evolved on 40% non-animal calories.

Here also a good vid on the wisdom of eating once a day:

The mainstream media recently attacked Jack Dorsey from Twitter over his diet:

https://www.businessinsider.com/jack-dor...?r=US&IR=T

Quote:Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey says he eats only one meal a day and fasts all weekend. Experts say this kind of 'intermittent fasting' could be dangerous.

Oy vey - the billionaire eats only in the evenings and is carnivore based in terms of caloric input. How will he survive not gobbling down on those nutritious vegetable oils and carbohydrates?

We may disagree with Dorsey on his Twitter-politics, but his diet is spot-on.
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2019 12:40 PM by Simeon_Strangelight.)
08-22-2019 12:39 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Simeon_Strangelight's post:
Cast2e
tomzestatlu Offline
Wingman

Could someone post here daily food schedule on keto here? From breakfast until dinner.

"Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people."
08-22-2019 04:01 PM
Simeon_Strangelight Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

(08-22-2019 04:01 PM)tomzestatlu Wrote:  Could someone post here daily food schedule on keto here? From breakfast until dinner.

Breakfast? Skipping breakfast ist the easiest way to generate a 14+ hour pure fasting window after sleep.

Keto breakfast is in my opinion a misnomer and someone trying to normalize it. Though I read that some guys drink black coffee, but that usually makes it even harder.
08-22-2019 04:04 PM
ChefAllDay Offline
Chubby Chaser

(08-22-2019 05:51 AM)Jones Wrote:  Someone's being salty.

Haha, you got me there.

Average daily food routine:

Breakfast: 2 Coffee with 1 tsp coconut oil or butter
Workout: water with BCAA powder.

Lunch: Almond milk smoothie with 1 cup spinach, whatever berries I have and a Keto supplement.

Supper: 100-150 g of veg (cauliflower, zucchini, broccoli, asparagus ect.) no root veg except maybe Rutabaga/Turnip). 300-500 g meat, the fattier the better. Try to stay organic/grass feed if you can. You can supplement your fat intake with real Mayonnaise (a good trick is to add spices and herbs to your Mayo to change it up.

Snack before 8pm: 2 eggs cooked anyway.

Super simple, and easy to get a lot of variety with almost zero carbs.

Reading labels is very critical.

I can start throwing up full recipes if that's of interest.

08-23-2019 07:36 AM
joost Offline
Chubby Chaser

I'm trying to find affordable and practical sources of fat. I bought a bunch of heavy cream and unsalted butter. The first one is easy' just add to water and whey protein and you have a bunch of fat/protein in seconds.

As for butter, you can add to a steak. Bacon is a must-have. Plenty of fat and I don't have to mention the taste.

I'll be researching.
08-23-2019 12:04 PM
Jones Offline
Chubby Chaser

Simple food routine: Multiple eggs for breakfast, raw steak for lunch, water, and tea throughout the day.

More detailed breakdown of a typical day:

Breakfast: 5 eggs minimum with a cup of Earl Grey tea afterwards (add butter and heavy cream) - sometimes 3 pieces of bacon*

Lunch/Dinner: A steak with water afterwards - could be chuck, blade, ribs, etc.

Dinner/Supper: Any random meat. Examples: fish, ground beef or roast beef w/ sour cream, sausages, meatballs, chicken wings/breasts, ham

Optional snacks/Late Night Snack: A piece of cheese, pork rinds, pepperoni sticks, 5-7 scrambled eggs.

Additional teas throughout the day as necessary.
08-23-2019 07:22 PM
JiggyLordJr Online
Beta Orbiter

(08-23-2019 07:22 PM)Jones Wrote:  Simple food routine: Multiple eggs for breakfast, raw steak for lunch, water, and tea throughout the day.

More detailed breakdown of a typical day:

Breakfast: 5 eggs minimum with a cup of Earl Grey tea afterwards (add butter and heavy cream) - sometimes 3 pieces of bacon*

Lunch/Dinner: A steak with water afterwards - could be chuck, blade, ribs, etc.

Dinner/Supper: Any random meat. Examples: fish, ground beef or roast beef w/ sour cream, sausages, meatballs, chicken wings/breasts, ham

Optional snacks/Late Night Snack: A piece of cheese, pork rinds, pepperoni sticks, 5-7 scrambled eggs.

Additional teas throughout the day as necessary.

This is all spot on - you definitely know your keto. I'm on the 5 eggs a day train as well - it's the cheapest source of protein/fat, and it's delicious if prepared correctly. I generally add cheddar and mozzarella, and let a slice of unsalted butter melt right into the omelette. It comes out great every time, and costs around $2 per serving. Really a godsend.

Steak I've already praised at length - we seem to be on the same page regarding this. Random meat is very good for variety, makes it much easier to stick to the diet. Pork rinds are also amazing, and I find when dipped in sour cream/spicy guac, they make heavenly combos. A nice hunk of cheddar goes a long way as well.

Appreciate the contributions to the thread. Glad to see forum members who are on board with this lifestyle. Putting forth practical keto diet structures definitely helps prospective keto'ers in giving it a shot.
08-24-2019 03:10 AM
Oz. Offline
True Player

I see a lot of posts here with incorrect information. Sure high animal protein is a stable in a ketogenic diet, but, the main point of a ketogenic diet is being in a state of ketosis. The main talking points should be based around the amount and quality of fats you are consuming. Most sample diets above don’t include anywhere near the amount of fat you’d need to maintain ketosis. Not trying to be the keto police here just trying to clarify some misunderstandings.

I myself did the ketogenic diet for about a year, strictly, while recovering from a knee injury. There are many benefits to the diet, but, also drawbacks. I have been off the diet for about 4 months now since getting back in the groove of training (I am an athlete at heart) and without carbs your athletic performance simply diminishes greatly, at least it did for me.

Here are some good youtube channels and videos to get yourself acquainted with the diet:

(11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.
08-25-2019 03:39 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  (NASA) Test Pilot Data Sheet NASA Test Pilot 17 8,360 09-04-2019 06:30 AM
Last Post: Handsome Creepy Eel
  Any Baccarat Experts who can drop a Data Sheet? Deepdiver 3 590 09-02-2019 04:35 PM
Last Post: Montrose
  Keto diet experiences? Donald Duck 251 88,011 08-30-2019 08:03 PM
Last Post: Cast2e