I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Thoughts on Kharkov?
ArloDash Offline
Recovering Beta

Thoughts on Kharkov?
So it looks like I'll be going back to Ukraine this year.

I really don't want to pay $750 a month for a studio apartment in Kyiv, so I'm thinking about Kharkiv instead. I did Lviv for a year and not really interested in doing it again.

I've never been there, but it seems interesting. Has anybody been there recently or have any thoughts on it? I'd have to stick around until the end of the year for business purposes so it would be a 3-4 month commitment.

I'd imagine it can be boring, but not that much more than Lviv.
08-21-2019 03:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
RawGod Offline
True Player
Gold Member

RE: Thoughts on Kharkov?
Pretty sure Kharkiv was the place in Ukraine that Roosh spent most time in back in the day. He wrote pretty extensively about it, although times have no doubt changed.

Could be a gem in that it has a decent population of 1.5m and a lot of students, and yet is off the beaten track. But I have no first-hand experience there.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.
08-21-2019 03:09 AM
ArloDash Offline
Recovering Beta

(08-21-2019 03:09 AM)RawGod Wrote:  Pretty sure Kharkiv was the place in Ukraine that Roosh spent most time in back in the day. He wrote pretty extensively about it, although times have no doubt changed.

Could be a gem in that it has a decent population of 1.5m and a lot of students, and yet is off the beaten track. But I have no first-hand experience there.

Yeah I've read all of that, it was just quite a few years ago at this point and was wondering if anybody had any up to date info on it?
08-21-2019 03:17 AM
Rocha Offline
True Player
Gold Member

(08-21-2019 03:17 AM)ArloDash Wrote:  
(08-21-2019 03:09 AM)RawGod Wrote:  Pretty sure Kharkiv was the place in Ukraine that Roosh spent most time in back in the day. He wrote pretty extensively about it, although times have no doubt changed.

Yeah I've read all of that, it was just quite a few years ago at this point and was wondering if anybody had any up to date info on it?

I was there last time in 2016.

Clubs where full of turkish guys, hitting on anything that moved, including good looking guys happy to be with babushka... many direct flights from Turkey where opened in the past couple of previous years...

Before that, around until perhaps 2014, my last previous time there, in some nights, finding a guy in the dance floor was like finding a needle in a haystack. It was full of women.

It was a city with a great nightlife but appart from that had not much to offer me, so I decided to stay more time in Kiev, who also has better logistics. Both from flights from Western Europe, and also the nightlife is more concentrated in the center of the city.

"Поехали!!" (Yuri Gagarin, 1961)

Twitter - Роча
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2019 07:33 AM by Rocha.)
08-21-2019 07:32 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like Rocha's post:
ArloDash, rishboy77, bigbadpua, Gopnik, WanderingFlame
Ashaya Offline
Male Feminist

I went there in the summer of 2017. I liked it enough to recommend it to others considering checking it out, and am even considering going back later on after I see Dnipro one day. The food is amazing, internet is fast, everything is cheap, and the people were relatively friendly and hospitable. There aren't many tourists, which is the way I like it. I stayed in a cheap Airbnb in the center of town and had everything I needed within walking distance. There are nightlife options both in the center of the city and on the outskirts. The center of town had more bar type spots, while the big clubs were all on the outskirts from what I remember. I went out both during the week and weekends and had decent luck on both. During the weekends there were definitely way more lame Turkish guys out and about though trying to sleep with everything that moved, so try to go out during the week sometimes to avoid their toxic effects. The good thing is that Uber was super cheap when I went, and Yandex should still be as well. Get a local SIM card for only a few dollars so you'll be able to get to the outskirts and back easily. If you want more specific info about logistics or anything, respond to me here or send me a message.
08-21-2019 11:04 AM
mcgooie Offline
Beta Orbiter

If you expect there to be no tourists in Kharkiv now, you are in for a big surprise.
08-21-2019 02:56 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes mcgooie's post:
BangBoy123
BangBoy123 Online
Chubby Chaser

Yes Kharkov is now firmly on the map due to budget airlines. Other guys are looking for alternatives to Kiev, Odessa etc.

There are loads of international students there.

The nightlife is OK, many clubs are full of whores and semi pros though, especially Bolero.

Low levels of spoken English.
08-21-2019 04:30 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Moved to Ukraine (finally) Kharkov vs Kyiv? nola 2 2,165 01-20-2018 02:45 PM
Last Post: Tintin