Tickets On Sale For Last 5 Cities Of Roosh's Tour! Early bird pricing ends soon for Miami, Orlando, Atlanta, Nashville, and Charlotte. Click here for details.

Compulsory Education... Opinions Please
newlife Offline
Banned

Compulsory Education... Opinions Please
1. Should education be compulsory?
2. If yes then to what grade level?
3. If yes then what would the curriculum consist of?

I have post-graduate education and I totally regret it. It was worthless and racked up a shitload of debt. Now if I could start over again, I wouldn't even go to high school. Reading, writing and arithmetic were all I ever needed. (Notice, I even exclude natural sciences and history.) I make a great living now, have no debt and barely pay taxes.

Today more than ever, it is very easy to self-educate.

The idea of paying for a liberal arts degree for kids sickens me and I would never do it. If they want to get a degree or certification in something that has a real-life application then I would gladly pay.
08-25-2019 01:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[email protected] Offline
Alpha Male

RE: Compulsory Education... Opinions Please
1. No

It's a prison for your kids and you don't even have a choice because they fine and imprison you if you don't enrol them in their shitty school system where they come out unable to even do their multiplication tables and indoctrinated into globohomo, holohoax talking points.

There's only a handful of countries that do not have compulsory education. Singapore is one of them. It comes with a massive trade-off of compulsive military training for men though so it's not a great deal.

Imo, it's home schooling or bust. Maybe private school if you can shield them from state propaganda. Kids don't need more than 4-5 years of assisted learning. They can do the rest at home using the internet. Too much time and money is wasted of education and everyone knows it's a bubble popping in slow motion.
08-25-2019 02:07 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like [email protected]'s post:
newlife, VincentVinturi, TooFineAPoint, ilostabet
newlife Offline
Banned

Homeschooling is good. I am a fencing instructor and I have coached a lot of homeschooled kids over the years. They still are required to go by a version of the public school standards and P.E. is one of them so they come to me for that.

The mother of one of the Chinese students told that she decided to homeschool her daughter after the girl came home from elementary one day saying that she wanted to be a lesbian when she grew up. apparently, her lesbian homeroom teacher brought in the "wife" for show and tell. So that was the last straw for this parent. The next day she took the girl out of school and set up a homeschooling program.

She takes the girl to her business in the morning and has an teaches the girl Chinese. In the afternoon She hires a university student to come bye to teach English and history. In the evenings, the father, who is an engineer spends time teaching math and science. thrice a week she comes to the fencing club for P.E.

All of the homeschooled kids that I have had experience with were pretty great. Well mannered and smart. Most of them got accepted to their first university of choice easily.
08-25-2019 03:55 AM
Simeon_Strangelight Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

In theory yes, but it depends on the quality and degree of education. However in our times it's insane marxist programming mostly.

On top of it - the government should always give people the option of teaching their children themselves and just check on their performance via tests as there are also bad parents who would not teach their kids anything if left to their devices - that is a disservice to kids as well.

But keep in mind that when countries in Europe rolled out elementary education, then many peasants refused to let their kids go thinking that reading and writing was not necessary for them. The queens and kings had to send out the military and police to pick up kids. But back in the day all they did was teach the basics and instill some loyalty to the nation.
08-25-2019 04:48 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Simeon_Strangelight's post:
newlife
JiggyLordJr Offline
Beta Orbiter

Modern day schooling is basically state sponsored daycare so parents can go slave away at their jobs or travel around. They decided to throw a "curriculum" into the equation to give it the facade of "schooling." The modern day educational system is one of the biggest reason we have a generation of brain dead bugmen running around aimlessly.

On one hand, school is great because it affords kids the abilities to develop social skills and play with other kids. However, I would say after basic social prowess is reached and elementary skills are taught, schooling is not necessary unless specialized in nature. The modern "ciriculum" should be ditched in favor of actual skill development. This is evident by the lack of skilled laborers today, in combination with the surplus of useless, degree holders (note the comma). There are too many hands in the pot for the educational system to change; I'm just happy I got out of the trap sooner than later.
08-25-2019 05:42 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like JiggyLordJr's post:
Days of Broken Arrows, SlickyBoy
OskuroPekenyo Online
Male Feminist

There is a difference between education and schooling.

I am all for the former... The latter I am a bit skeptical of.

Data sheet on اسلام
08-25-2019 09:25 PM
newlife Offline
Banned

I guess the best part about school for me was the social aspect of it, (chics) but I went to school a long time ago...
08-25-2019 09:32 PM
Captainstabbin Offline
International Playboy

(08-25-2019 01:23 AM)newlife Wrote:  1. Should education be compulsory?

Education, yes. Not indoctrination.

The level that takes and the curriculum changes based on technology.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2019 09:38 PM by Captainstabbin.)
08-25-2019 09:33 PM
newlife Offline
Banned

(08-25-2019 09:33 PM)Captainstabbin Wrote:  

I agree not indoctrination but you feel that education such as reading and writing should be enforced by law instead of being left in the hands of the parents or the individual?
08-25-2019 09:39 PM
Captainstabbin Offline
International Playboy

(08-25-2019 09:39 PM)newlife Wrote:  

I agree not indoctrination but you feel that education such as reading and writing should be enforced by law instead of being left in the hands of the parents or the individual?

It should be enforced by law, now more than ever. There are too many parents who wouldn't care if their children were educated or not.

There are a ton of Mexicans in my city who wouldn't even care if their children could ever speak English. An equal number of single mothers who wouldn't care if their children could do basic algebra...there are minorities who claim advanced math is racist. You can't trust these parents to educate.
08-25-2019 09:48 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Captainstabbin's post:
newlife
newlife Offline
Banned

(08-25-2019 09:48 PM)Captainstabbin Wrote:  
(08-25-2019 09:39 PM)newlife Wrote:  

It should be enforced by law, now more than ever. There are too many parents who wouldn't care if their children were educated or not.

There are a ton of Mexicans in my city who wouldn't even care if their children could ever speak English. An equal number of single mothers who wouldn't care if their children could do basic algebra...there are minorities who claim advanced math is racist. You can't trust these parents to educate.

I understand. I myself am from Southern California so I know all about the Mexican problem. OK, in my opinion, since these kids are not even finishing high school even after it has been dumbed down to the Jr. high level, it makes more sense to me to just allow these kids to start working early since they either have no interest or aptitude for learning. Compulsory education in Los Angeles is just not working. It can be argued that it is because it is the teacher's union's fault or that it is not about education but indoctrination but these kids after 12 years of compulsory education still cannot read properly.

So may I ask, what your curriculum would be since you support compulsory education? And how many hours a day for how many years? Thanks.
08-25-2019 10:00 PM
Captainstabbin Offline
International Playboy

(08-25-2019 10:00 PM)newlife Wrote:  So may I ask, what your curriculum would be since you support compulsory education? And how many hours a day for how many years? Thanks.

I'm not going to write a detailed curriculum but proficiency in English, advanced math, physics, computer sciences, history and economics would be a great framework. 8 hour days until 18 or the child can demonstrate they've mastered the material.

After the kid is 18, they can be a stupid as they please.
08-25-2019 10:13 PM
infowarrior1 Offline
True Player

Non-compulsory sure. But for those inclined.

Classical education+ master and apprentice learning the trades.
08-25-2019 10:22 PM
newlife Offline
Banned

(08-25-2019 10:13 PM)Captainstabbin Wrote:  
(08-25-2019 10:00 PM)newlife Wrote:  So may I ask, what your curriculum would be since you support compulsory education? And how many hours a day for how many years? Thanks.

I'm not going to write a detailed curriculum but proficiency in English, advanced math, physics, computer sciences, history and economics would be a great framework. 8 hour days until 18 or the child can demonstrate they've mastered the material.

After the kid is 18, they can be a stupid as they please.

Fair enough. Well, I have a post-graduate degree and I can say that I have never needed to use more than simple arithmetic at any time in my life but then again, I have never worked in science, accounting or engineering. The history I was taught in school was all revisionary as I came to find out later and economics and computers were all self-taught things.

Have you ever had to use advanced math in your everyday life?
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2019 10:28 PM by newlife.)
08-25-2019 10:26 PM
SilentOne Offline
Recovering Beta

new life. You are correct. College is a big waste of time. People continue to do this nonsense because it is a rite of passage to young adults like getting married. College is there to keep you busy and enslaved with debt. Nothing more. You aren't learning any life skills there, just regurgitated mumbo jumbo making you feel smart.

There are a few jobs that need more progressive learning like doctors and lawyers, but those are the rare exceptions. By age 16 the average person could easily just pick up a trade and not be sitting in a college classroom learning something useless like calculus.

College is a business, not an education. They don't care about you succeeding, it's all about them getting paid. Plus these schools are just indoctrinating kids with false history and pseudoscience passed off as an education.
08-25-2019 11:52 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes SilentOne's post:
newlife
newlife Offline
Banned

Thanks, SilentOne. Let me tell you a story. One of our best friends in high school, Scott, dropped out in his jr. year and went to work at an auto repair shop. We all thought he was making a horrible decision and even went to the shop to try to drag him back to school. (I can still remember in his uniform holding a socket wrench and looking like a grease monkey.)

10 or 12 years later I saw Scott at the mall and he had 2 beautiful women and was wearing some gaudy but expensive clothes and accessories on. So I grab a smoke with Scott and he tells me that he now owns 5 repair shops and 2 used car lots and hasn't actually worked on a car for a few years now. He also had several houses that he paid for in cash.

At the time, even with my degrees, I was working a sales job and up to my neck in student loan debt.
08-26-2019 12:20 AM
Captainstabbin Offline
International Playboy

(08-25-2019 10:26 PM)newlife Wrote:  Have you ever had to use advanced math in your everyday life?

Almost daily.
08-26-2019 01:54 AM
newlife Offline
Banned

You must be an engineer or a scientist? The most complicated math I ever have to do is my taxes.
08-26-2019 02:15 AM
TooFineAPoint Offline
Alpha Male

Compulsory, no. Nothing good comes from being forced.

Available and cheap, yes.

Most people are not wired to study and analyze.

But make it easy: reading, writing, and 'rithmetic. No fluff.

Read (famous American movie director) Frank Capra's autobiography for the healthy outlook on education.
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2019 02:49 AM by TooFineAPoint.)
08-26-2019 02:42 AM
newlife Offline
Banned

(08-26-2019 02:42 AM)TooFineAPoint Wrote:  Compulsory, no. Nothing good comes from being forced.

Available and cheap, yes.

Most people are not wired to study and analyze.

But make it easy: reading, writing, and 'rithmetic. No fluff.

Read (famous American movie director) Frank Capra's autobiography for the healthy outlook on education.

Thanks, I will read about Capra. Wonderful Life is my favorite movie of all time.

Ben Franklin is another great example.
Quote:Benjamin Franklin was the quintessential American and the classic example of a self-made man. He strived to constantly improve himself and to accomplish his ambitions. Despite being born into a poor family and receiving less than two years of formal schooling, Franklin became a successful writer, inventor, and businessman. In his spare time he played chess, composed music, enjoyed swimming, experimented with electricity, helped found a country, and then served as its diplomat.

For the record, I have nothing against high math or any higher education. I just think that after learning how to read and write and arithmetic, one is able to be an autodidact if inclined to.

Certification is ok but I believe all licensing should be done away with. Licencing is a form of tax and it does not insure quality or safety. An example would be how many licenced school teachers have sex with their underaged student.

It can be argued that licensing is need to keep undesirable competition away but who is undesirable competition? Anyone who provides the same service but cheaper!
08-26-2019 03:03 AM
ilostabet Offline
Wingman

I agree with compulsory education as long as we don't confuse that with schooling. That should probably be prohibited past the 4th grade.

Don't call it a grave, it's the future you chose.
08-26-2019 04:00 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Opinions on climate change Kentucky 99 32,475 09-14-2019 07:11 AM
Last Post: Hypno
  US Dept of Education Opens Investigations Into Female STEM Admissions & Scholarships WalterBlack 13 2,136 08-28-2019 01:05 PM
Last Post: achromaticmike
  The End of Freedom of Speech and the Crisis in Education Phatom 8 5,319 08-19-2019 06:21 PM
Last Post: Kid Twist