Tickets On Sale For Last 5 Cities Of Roosh's Tour! Early bird pricing ends soon for Miami, Orlando, Atlanta, Nashville, and Charlotte. Click here for details.

Thoughts on moving to Nashville/Dallas
Graft Offline
Chubby Chaser
Gold Member

Thoughts on moving to Nashville/Dallas
Hi Gents,

For a few reasons, I am heavily considering moving out of the NYC area to either Nashville or Dallas. The main reasons are cost and wife quality women.

Dallas has been covered a lot (with some helpful PMs from members), but Nashville hasn't been covered as a full time living spot, only a vacation destination.

Does anyone have any insight on the quality of women in Nashville, whether they are hot, Christian oriented, wife material types? Specifically compared to Dallas?

My situation: will most likely make $180k-230k in Nashville/Dallas, rely heavily on online/Instagram game, no social circle in either city.

I built this empire and I did it by myself. Nobody did it for me. Not Ivana, not Marla. Nobody! ~Donald Trump
08-26-2019 10:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Graft's post:
jordypip23
Eazy_E Offline
Beta Orbiter

RE: Thoughts on moving to Nashville/Dallas
I haven't been to Dallas, but I have been to Nashville. I once walked into a regular Trader Joe's on the weekend and I've never seen such beautiful women in my life, and brother, I been around.

That said, look very hard into the cost of living because at your income, that's not gonna go as far in Nashville as say, St Louis. Speaking of, have you looked into St Louis? That's where I'm from and there's no shortage of cute girls and the cost of living is still somewhat reasonable.
08-27-2019 02:50 AM
Guy80 Offline
Male Feminist

Nashville is a big party town, lots of drinking.
Real estate is not cheap and I'm not sure it will be sustained. I find the food quality x price to be good.

Girls are southern for sure. Plenty of Church goers, from good ones to ones that need to repent for their sins Wink

I've never heard anyone say they were sad to move away from Dallas..most of those were immigrant from TX to CO though, hard to beat CO
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2019 10:51 AM by Guy80.)
08-27-2019 10:51 AM
Drazen Offline
True Player
Gold Member

Move to Nashville and don't look back. The competition is pretty fierce though. Women are approachable and nice/normal when I've been there.

Dallas is nice too. People are very friendly, I think Nashville is much more exciting though.
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2019 12:58 PM by Drazen.)
08-27-2019 12:57 PM
FullThrottleTX Offline
Beta Orbiter

Neither...

Nashville/Dallas aren't gritty enough for me, the vibe is very homogenous and LA coming from NYC.

My family is from Nashville, it's probably better than Dallas. But there are better cities for New Yorkers..
Like Atlanta, Houston, New Orleans. All are cultural capitals, great food, lots of different kinds of people, better racial integration in all 3, and still Southernly influenced.

I wouldn't pedestalize Southern Christian chicks until you've dated a few. I'm too high octane East Coast for those girls. Also, most of them, if not already married, are not looking to marry some New Yorker that isn't in their social circle from high school/college.

If you're not into gritty, Raleigh may be a sleeper pick because it's got a lot of East Coast transplants and down-to-earth, friendly Southern vibe without the red tape that a lot of the other Southern cities have for us East Coasters...
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2019 01:31 PM by FullThrottleTX.)
08-27-2019 01:11 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes FullThrottleTX's post:
jordypip23
SayWhat1015 Offline
Game Denialist

Hey graft,
So I live in NYC and have had the same line of thought as you. Eventually the fast lifestyle isn’t as appealing anymore and looking for someone long term is getting closer to the forefront of my mind. I’ve considered Nashville quite a bit. Visited Charleston last year and couldn’t take the slower pace quite yet. Why are you considering Dallas? It’s the most superficial city in the south. Not to say you can’t find a wholesome marriage material girl in that city but I think (just my guess) that mindsets there would be to close to home with NYC FOMO and such. Have you ever thought of doing a tour of the US then deciding which city? Are there other US cities you’re considering moving to? If your work is remote maybe expanding the search and being open minded about what city is best for you would be the best start. I’ve thought long and hard about this especially this year. I think there’s a lot of cities in the south and mid west that have really great potential for finding what you’re looking. For.
08-27-2019 01:28 PM
FullThrottleTX Offline
Beta Orbiter

(08-27-2019 01:28 PM)SayWhat1015 Wrote:  Hey graft,
So I live in NYC and have had the same line of thought as you. Eventually the fast lifestyle isn’t as appealing anymore and looking for someone long term is getting closer to the forefront of my mind. I’ve considered Nashville quite a bit. Visited Charleston last year and couldn’t take the slower pace quite yet. Why are you considering Dallas? It’s the most superficial city in the south. Not to say you can’t find a wholesome marriage material girl in that city but I think (just my guess) that mindsets there would be to close to home with NYC FOMO and such. Have you ever thought of doing a tour of the US then deciding which city? Are there other US cities you’re considering moving to? If your work is remote maybe expanding the search and being open minded about what city is best for you would be the best start. I’ve thought long and hard about this especially this year. I think there’s a lot of cities in the south and mid west that have really great potential for finding what you’re looking. For.

Jesus, you all are me 4 years ago. Let me just save you the trouble of moving somewhere you're going to hate. Again, moved from NYC to Dallas with this idea of "marrying a Christian girl".

I agree with you on Dallas.

I think though, you should broaden your horizons outside of the Sunbelt. I think there are some good Sunbelt cities for East Coast natives like those I mentioned, but you're still going to lose out on the dating opportunities you had in NYC due to the bad urban planning in these cities and lack of opportunities outside of online dating.

DC is definitely on my list for this reason.
I found dating more normal there than NYC. I actually had a steady girlfriend there, which I can't say was the case in NYC where it was a new one every week.
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2019 02:02 PM by FullThrottleTX.)
08-27-2019 01:54 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes FullThrottleTX's post:
GyopoPlayboy
scenicway Offline
Game Denialist

(08-26-2019 10:08 PM)Graft Wrote:  Hi Gents,

For a few reasons, I am heavily considering moving out of the NYC area to either Nashville or Dallas. The main reasons are cost and wife quality women.

Dallas has been covered a lot (with some helpful PMs from members), but Nashville hasn't been covered as a full time living spot, only a vacation destination.

Does anyone have any insight on the quality of women in Nashville, whether they are hot, Christian oriented, wife material types? Specifically compared to Dallas?

My situation: will most likely make $180k-230k in Nashville/Dallas, rely heavily on online/Instagram game, no social circle in either city.

Don't move to Texas without visiting first. Dallas and Houston are massively overrated unless you are solely after low COL and taxes. Flat, miserable, soulless jungles of freeways and tract housing with brutal weather in the summertime.

I haven't been to Nashville, but I suspect its got a better downtown, better surrounding landscape.

I'm from California, so take it for what its worth.
08-27-2019 02:57 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes scenicway's post:
jordypip23
Graft Offline
Chubby Chaser
Gold Member

Thanks for the responses guys.

Just to be transparent, I started considering Nashville after myself and FullthrottleTX exchanged a few PMs a few months back. He was very lukewarm about Dallas and discouraged me from moving there based on my goals.

I understand that being from the East Coast, older, without a circle is going to be a huge obstacle no matter where I'm at. I've given it a solid four years in NYC/NJ though, gotta try one more spot before I bail to another country.

It looks like you can get a sick hi-rise apartment in Nashville for less than $2000, way different than the NYC scene.

I built this empire and I did it by myself. Nobody did it for me. Not Ivana, not Marla. Nobody! ~Donald Trump
08-28-2019 12:56 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Graft's post:
GyopoPlayboy, FullThrottleTX
GyopoPlayboy Offline
Recovering Beta

(08-28-2019 12:56 PM)Graft Wrote:  Thanks for the responses guys.

Just to be transparent, I started considering Nashville after myself and FullthrottleTX exchanged a few PMs a few months back. He was very lukewarm about Dallas and discouraged me from moving there based on my goals.

I understand that being from the East Coast, older, without a circle is going to be a huge obstacle no matter where I'm at. I've given it a solid four years in NYC/NJ though, gotta try one more spot before I bail to another country.

It looks like you can get a sick hi-rise apartment in Nashville for less than $2000, way different than the NYC scene.

Yea FullThrottle's also a former NY'er so if anybody will understand where you're coming from, it's him.

As always, it's wisest to visit for extended periods of time before making any big moves. I wouldn't move to Nashville just due to the lower CoL alone. Regardless of whatever quantifiable metrics we use as our guides, it's usually more of the "intangible" factors that make or break a decision.

I'm preparing my move out of NYC too at the moment, but I'm taking my time and doing my research. It's important not to rush these things.

Anyways, cheers and let us know where you land.
08-28-2019 02:28 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes GyopoPlayboy's post:
FullThrottleTX
re busted dudes Offline
Beta Orbiter

Not sure how much this matters, but property value in TN will in all likekihood rise significantly within the next decade. I’ve been considering moving there myself due to the very low cost of living
08-28-2019 03:57 PM
lunchmoney Offline
Chubby Chaser

Curious as to where you decided to go. I am in a similar boat and have some similar cities on my radar.
09-09-2019 02:12 PM
FullThrottleTX Offline
Beta Orbiter

Personally, I decided to hold off on moving from Dallas for 8 more months so I can reach a few financial goals, stack cash, and complete some pretty awesome work projects. It's going to be purgatory, but I'll deal with it just fine. I'll come out better on the other end. The problem with Dallas is the pay vs. Cost of Living for tech is better than any other city, so just about anywhere else you'll do worse. It kind of traps you here. Main issue with Dallas frankly is the dating scene and the overall corporate atmosphere and it's really apparent when you visit other Southern cities like Atlanta, which have a lot going for it culturally.

My current list of potential spots to move is Atlanta, Nashville, Tampa, and DC. Probably in that order...
If anyone wants to visit Dallas, I can show them around.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2019 06:44 PM by FullThrottleTX.)
09-09-2019 06:43 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like FullThrottleTX's post:
Graft, jordypip23
Athanasius Offline
Game Denialist

Isn't the Atlanta metro becoming more and more of a black area as time goes by, with whites moving out into deep suburbs w/very long commutes? That state is trending toward flipping blue permanently within the next 5-ish years due to Atlanta's massive growth. I haven't studied the crime stats much but just a note that metro Atlanta's demographics are much different than 20 years ago. Doesn't make it wrong to move there, but the demographic trends are something to take note of.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2019 08:59 PM by Athanasius.)
09-09-2019 08:39 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Athanasius's post:
Aquarius
Hypno Offline
International Playboy

Dallas is 2-3 times larger than Nashville. Nashville is cool but its still pretty small. Also, cost of living is higher than Atlanta or Dallas.
09-10-2019 04:35 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Nashville Data Sheet 2017 DigitalNomad 20 7,421 09-17-2019 07:52 PM
Last Post: eradicator
  Doing a road trip from Miami FL to Dallas Tx Cman 0 317 08-05-2019 07:30 PM
Last Post: Cman
  Dallas Datasheet 2019 Aquarius 18 2,907 07-22-2019 09:35 AM
Last Post: Bluebird